Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No ID 13:57 - Mar 7 with 15390 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

No ID
No vote

The communist Conservative party are going to trial no ID no vote in upcoming local elections .

They are turning the screw for a totalitarian dictatorship.

Armed guards next at polling stations turning us away ??

[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 16:04]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

No ID on 14:19 - Mar 7 with 8753 viewsWarwickHunt

At bowling stations?

No ID on 15:02 - Mar 7 with 8709 viewsLohengrin

No ID on 14:19 - Mar 7 by WarwickHunt

At bowling stations?

You honestly ‘couter’ make it up, mate.

[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 15:03]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

No ID on 15:20 - Mar 7 with 8688 viewssherpajacob

this is ridiculous, I didn't have to show ID when I voted at the last GE at any of the polling stations I went to

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

No ID on 15:38 - Mar 7 with 8668 viewsWingstandwood

This is a rather intriguing subject regarding a political party i.e. the Tories trying to manipulate the voting procedure in favour of itself? Are people with no qualifying I.D e.g. passport or a driving licence likely to be disqualified from the entire democratic process? Does the competing rival Labour party stand to lose out votes because poorer people are sadly less able to afford a car and overseas travel thus having no need for qualifying voter I.D in the first place? A significant impact and deciding factor in marginals?

Is Labour just as guilty when it comes to manipulating voting practice with its desire to lower the voting age to sixteen when?.......Apparently Labour looks to gain advantage from that because it's a far more appealing voter choice and fashionable choice amongst the youth. Cannot see many teenagers bragging that they're 'style-cramping' Tory voters?

Be damned to any political party that interferes with voting practice just for its own self-serving ends!

Argus!

No ID on 16:05 - Mar 7 with 8636 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

No ID on 14:19 - Mar 7 by WarwickHunt

At bowling stations?

Dam

No ID on 16:16 - Mar 7 with 8618 viewslondonlisa2001

I genuinely can't see what the problem is.

I've always thought it's stupid that you can vote without ID or your polling card. Anyone could rock up and pretend to be you if they know your name and address.
No ID on 16:45 - Mar 7 with 8582 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

No ID on 16:16 - Mar 7 by londonlisa2001

I've always thought it's stupid that you can vote without ID or your polling card. Anyone could rock up and pretend to be you if they know your name and address.

polling card is a must

id is not needed lisa

No ID on 17:04 - Mar 7 with 8559 viewsMrSwansea

No ID on 16:45 - Mar 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

polling card is a must

id is not needed lisa

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/06/how-do-i-vote-general-election-

Your local council should have sent you a polling card telling you where and when to vote. On the reverse there will be a map and the location of your local polling station.

You do not need your polling card in order to vote. Just turn up and tell the staff your name and address.

If you have not received your polling card, you should call your electoral registration office to check. Here’s where to find their contact details.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Login to get fewer ads

No ID on 17:17 - Mar 7 with 8548 viewsDr_Winston

No ID on 16:16 - Mar 7 by londonlisa2001

Concur.

Either have your polling card with you or proof of ID. Not too much to ask.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No ID on 17:28 - Mar 7 with 8528 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

No ID on 17:04 - Mar 7 by MrSwansea

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/06/how-do-i-vote-general-election-

Your local council should have sent you a polling card telling you where and when to vote. On the reverse there will be a map and the location of your local polling station.

You do not need your polling card in order to vote. Just turn up and tell the staff your name and address.

If you have not received your polling card, you should call your electoral registration office to check. Here’s where to find their contact details.

Indeed

The communist conservatives say it's to try & combat voter fraud, but in reality they're just trying to stop people voting them out.

Out of 44m votes at GE17, just 28 were alleged fraudulent.

It’s one big con they’ll bring in

No ID on 17:57 - Mar 7 with 8503 viewsBobby_Fischer

No ID on 17:17 - Mar 7 by Dr_Winston

Concur.

Either have your polling card with you or proof of ID. Not too much to ask.

I assumed you need photo ID with or without your polling card after reading this...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/06/tories-id-voting-booths-la

"7.5% of the electorate who don’t have ID — or 3.5 million people"
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 17:59]

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

No ID on 18:05 - Mar 7 with 8498 viewslondonlisa2001

No ID on 17:28 - Mar 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed

The communist conservatives say it's to try & combat voter fraud, but in reality they're just trying to stop people voting them out.

Out of 44m votes at GE17, just 28 were alleged fraudulent.

It’s one big con they’ll bring in

But why is what is being proposed any more of a big con than this?

"Why are ID checks needed?:

Shortlisting and selection of Labour local government candidates is the privilege of Labour party members only. Therefore, we must ensure that only those who are entitled to take part do so.

As party officers we only have access to people’s written information, we have no photographic database. Therefore we must have a method to ensure the person who is on our list is the same person presenting themselves at a meeting.

How will we check people’s ID?

We will be using a two-level check to verify the person attending is who we have on our membership list.

Named Photo ID: This is for branch officers to see photographic ID which has a name that matches the name on the list and is of the person who has presented to the meeting.
Types of accepted photo ID: Passport, Drivers Licence, Official Work ID, Government ID Card, Student ID Card etc.
Proof of Address: It is possible that a member may no longer live in the ward or constituency where they are registered. To prove they are eligible to vote, we will need to see recent (no older than 3 months) proof address:
Types of recent proof of address: Utility bill, council tax bill, bank statement, mortgage statement, NHS letter etc.
What happens if members do not have these forms of ID?

If you have no form of ID you must contact your branch officers prior to the meeting. There could be good reason for example you're 15 years old and have nothing with your address on.

It is rare members have no form of ID."
No ID on 18:31 - Mar 7 with 8467 viewsWingstandwood

IMO any political party advocating a particular plan for change to ballot-box-voting procedure/rules will only do so if it creates an unfair advantage for that political party itself.

Just found this! Sort of shows how a particular change/reform that boosts a particular parties electoral chances becomes very popular with the party(s) that looks to gain the most. Only one (cushioned with a 12,000+ majority) Tory signee in sight!

It would be the same IMO if an early day motion was tabled advocating an engineered Tory-bias I.D change mentioned in this thread. The case being i.e. it would be all Tories without a single Labour M.P signee in sight
https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2017-19/45
https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2017-19/882
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 18:39]

Argus!

No ID on 18:32 - Mar 7 with 8464 viewsLohengrin

No ID on 17:57 - Mar 7 by Bobby_Fischer

I assumed you need photo ID with or without your polling card after reading this...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/06/tories-id-voting-booths-la

It’s impossible for native or legal UK residents of voting age to navigate life here without some form of ID.

No ID on 19:08 - Mar 7 with 8387 viewsexiledclaseboy

No ID on 18:32 - Mar 7 by Lohengrin

It’s impossible for native or legal UK residents of voting age to navigate life here without some form of ID.

Depends what is to be accepted/manadated as acceptable ID in this context. It would be fairly easy to make it more difficult for some sectors of society to vote if the politicians were so minded.

Poll: Tory leader

No ID on 19:27 - Mar 7 with 8354 viewsLohengrin

No ID on 19:08 - Mar 7 by exiledclaseboy

Depends what is to be accepted/manadated as acceptable ID in this context. It would be fairly easy to make it more difficult for some sectors of society to vote if the politicians were so minded.

Passport, Driving Licence or National Insurance Card. Job done.

No ID on 19:32 - Mar 7 with 8342 viewstrampie

No ID on 19:27 - Mar 7 by Lohengrin

There are people who are not in possession of any of them.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 19:35]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

No ID on 19:35 - Mar 7 with 8334 viewsexiledclaseboy

There are plenty without either of the first two. I’m haven’t seen my NI card in decades. No address on that anyway so won’t be acceptable in this context.

No ID on 19:41 - Mar 7 with 8312 viewsJack_Kass

I never understood while there wasn't a 'polling card', equivalent to the driving licence.

Free on your 18th birthday, nominal cost to replace afterwards.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

No ID on 19:44 - Mar 7 with 8305 viewsexiledclaseboy

No ID on 19:41 - Mar 7 by Jack_Kass

I never understood while there wasn't a 'polling card', equivalent to the driving licence.

Free on your 18th birthday, nominal cost to replace afterwards.

The entire electoral process in this country is very firmly stuck in the first half of the 20th century.

No ID on 19:47 - Mar 7 with 8294 viewsLohengrin

No ID on 19:35 - Mar 7 by exiledclaseboy

There are plenty without either of the first two. I’m haven’t seen my NI card in decades. No address on that anyway so won’t be acceptable in this context.

You can hardly blame HM Government if you lose your own stuff, mun!

It ought to be relatively straightforward to add everybodys’ NI number alongside their name and address on the electoral roll. I accept not everybody travels and not everybody drives but every adult entitled to vote has an insurance registration.

No ID on 19:47 - Mar 7 with 8289 viewsDr_Winston

Plenty without the first two and the last one isn't issued anymore.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No ID on 19:55 - Mar 7 with 8275 viewslondonlisa2001

No ID on 19:08 - Mar 7 by exiledclaseboy

Just use the list the post office uses together with a polling card.
No ID on 19:56 - Mar 7 with 8271 viewslondonlisa2001

No ID on 17:57 - Mar 7 by Bobby_Fischer

Some of the trials are for both, some for just polling card.
No ID on 19:56 - Mar 7 with 8266 viewsNeath_Jack

You'd be surprised on how many haven't got any of those.

I know this because it frustrates the life out of me, when i request them from employees of the company i work for.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024