Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No ID 13:57 - Mar 7 with 15398 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

No ID
No vote

The communist Conservative party are going to trial no ID no vote in upcoming local elections .

They are turning the screw for a totalitarian dictatorship.

Armed guards next at polling stations turning us away ??

[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 16:04]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

No ID on 19:57 - Mar 7 with 3370 viewsLohengrin

No ID on 19:41 - Mar 7 by Jack_Kass

I never understood while there wasn't a 'polling card', equivalent to the driving licence.

Free on your 18th birthday, nominal cost to replace afterwards.

That could well be the way for youngsters from here on in.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

No ID on 20:23 - Mar 7 with 3335 viewsKilkennyjack

No ID on 19:57 - Mar 7 by Lohengrin

That could well be the way for youngsters from here on in.

Nope.

The way forward is to close all voting stations and move it all on-line.

Cheap as chips.
And youngsters will vote more.

Hopefully the bonkers (closet racist?) English Brexit pensioners will become total disenfranchised as a direct result. Feck em.

Beware of the Risen People

No ID on 20:45 - Mar 7 with 3312 viewsFlashberryjack

No ID on 20:23 - Mar 7 by Kilkennyjack

Nope.

Cheap as chips.

Hopefully the bonkers (closet racist?) English Brexit pensioners will become total disenfranchised as a direct result. Feck em.

Perfect system to get Justin Bieber or Harry Styles elected.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

No ID on 21:06 - Mar 7 with 3297 viewsBarrySwan

No ID on 16:45 - Mar 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

polling card is a must

id is not needed lisa

Polling card is not a must.

You can just turn up without anything, quote an address and get given a ballot paper, If you turn up to vote and your name is crossed out because someone with no Id and no polling card has quoted your address and been given your ballot paper you won't be allowed to vote its as simple as that

I just can't see what the whining about bringing ID is about, try turning up to your gym club without your gym card. I have no doubt that the same people whining have suitable required ID wity them when they turn up to claim any benefits or open a bank account or apply for a passport.

The system is a disgrace and must be changed immediately to stop the levels of fraud that are taking place at present.
No ID on 21:57 - Mar 7 with 3265 viewsKilkennyjack

No ID on 20:45 - Mar 7 by Flashberryjack

Perfect system to get Justin Bieber or Harry Styles elected.

Compared to the Maybot and Boris - also absolute joke people in my book ....

Beware of the Risen People

No ID on 22:13 - Mar 7 with 3256 viewslonglostjack

No ID on 21:06 - Mar 7 by BarrySwan

You can just turn up without anything, quote an address and get given a ballot paper, If you turn up to vote and your name is crossed out because someone with no Id and no polling card has quoted your address and been given your ballot paper you won't be allowed to vote its as simple as that

I just can't see what the whining about bringing ID is about, try turning up to your gym club without your gym card. I have no doubt that the same people whining have suitable required ID wity them when they turn up to claim any benefits or open a bank account or apply for a passport.

The system is a disgrace and must be changed immediately to stop the levels of fraud that are taking place at present.

It's been the Tories who've historically been against the introduction of IDs. Personally I'm all in favour of them. BUT, they should make sure that everybody entitled to one is issued with one before the election. Can't imagine that happening, so sounds like a cynical move from the nasty Party to gain an electoral advantage.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 22:14]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

N/A. on 23:04 - Mar 7 with 3232 viewsHuw57

No ID on 22:13 - Mar 7 by longlostjack

It's been the Tories who've historically been against the introduction of IDs. Personally I'm all in favour of them. BUT, they should make sure that everybody entitled to one is issued with one before the election. Can't imagine that happening, so sounds like a cynical move from the nasty Party to gain an electoral advantage.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 22:14]

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 21:31]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

No ID on 23:59 - Mar 7 with 3214 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Levels of fraud 😂

Login to get fewer ads

No ID on 06:17 - Mar 8 with 3182 viewsDr_Winston

Incidentally, the requirement for ID at polling stations was recommended by the Electoral Commission, an independent body.

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/journalist/electoral-commission-me

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No ID on 08:06 - Mar 8 with 3145 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The electoral commission also recommend that all constituencies should be made the same size.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

No ID on 08:17 - Mar 8 with 3133 viewstrampie

No ID on 08:06 - Mar 8 by felixstowe_jack

The electoral commission also recommend that all constituencies should be made the same size.

Birds of a feather, representation for certain groups of people of similar backgrounds from the same geographical area is one consideration.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

No ID on 10:31 - Mar 8 with 3108 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It is also time they stopped postal ballots unless people cannot get to the polling station for legitimate reasons, Illness or on Holidays.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

No ID on 10:49 - Mar 8 with 3102 viewsJackSomething

Maybe because the majority of the people this will disenfranchise could only dream of having a gym membership in the first place?

Do some research on how Universal Credit requiring a bank account (not a Post Office account) and how the ID required to open a bank account is causing misery for many. You seem far removed from the problems many people face in this area and perhaps should refrain from commenting given your lack of knowledge?

I have no problem with a requirement for ID being introduced, as long as it's introduced along with a free form of ID for those that don't have passport, driving licence etc and who would find it difficult to afford them.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

No ID on 10:57 - Mar 8 with 3097 viewsLohengrin

No ID on 10:31 - Mar 8 by felixstowe_jack

It is also time they stopped postal ballots unless people cannot get to the polling station for legitimate reasons, Illness or on Holidays.

How are dead people in Bangladesh going to vote in UK elections then? That’s raysisst, that is!

No ID on 11:09 - Mar 8 with 3086 viewslondonlisa2001

No ID on 10:49 - Mar 8 by JackSomething

Maybe because the majority of the people this will disenfranchise could only dream of having a gym membership in the first place?

Do some research on how Universal Credit requiring a bank account (not a Post Office account) and how the ID required to open a bank account is causing misery for many. You seem far removed from the problems many people face in this area and perhaps should refrain from commenting given your lack of knowledge?

I have no problem with a requirement for ID being introduced, as long as it's introduced along with a free form of ID for those that don't have passport, driving licence etc and who would find it difficult to afford them.

Universal credit can be paid into a post office account?

Anyway, I agree that any ID required shouldn't be at a cost to anyone. However, some form of ID is required for all sorts of things and I don't believe people don't have it (I do believe many don't have driving licenses or passports, I'm talking any ID).
No ID on 11:24 - Mar 8 with 3075 viewsLohengrin

No ID on 11:09 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Anyway, I agree that any ID required shouldn't be at a cost to anyone. However, some form of ID is required for all sorts of things and I don't believe people don't have it (I do believe many don't have driving licenses or passports, I'm talking any ID).

After reading your post I had a quick rifle through my wallet. I’ve got seven separate forms of ID in there, two with photographs attached. What goes for me would go for just about everybody on here.

No ID on 11:28 - Mar 8 with 3073 viewslondonlisa2001

No ID on 11:24 - Mar 8 by Lohengrin

After reading your post I had a quick rifle through my wallet. I’ve got seven separate forms of ID in there, two with photographs attached. What goes for me would go for just about everybody on here.

Yes, I'm the same. Have lots of different ID.

I completely get that people won't necessarily have passports or driving licenses, but bank cards, or a post office card, or a credit union card, or a pension book, or a buss pass, or student ID?

Someone quoted above that 7.5% of the population have no ID at all and I can't see how they get through life. Genuinely. You can't even pick up a parcel at the post office if that's the case.
No ID on 11:31 - Mar 8 with 3070 viewsLohengrin

No ID on 11:28 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Yes, I'm the same. Have lots of different ID.

I completely get that people won't necessarily have passports or driving licenses, but bank cards, or a post office card, or a credit union card, or a pension book, or a buss pass, or student ID?

Someone quoted above that 7.5% of the population have no ID at all and I can't see how they get through life. Genuinely. You can't even pick up a parcel at the post office if that's the case.

I made that exact same point earlier in this thread, love. You simply cannot navigate life here without some form of ID.

No ID on 12:49 - Mar 8 with 3055 viewsDr_Winston

No ID on 11:09 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

It can, but only as a temporary measure. Bank accounts are the preference. We use credit unions quite a bit too. They're excellent.

The amount of ID required to set up a bank account varies from provider to provider. Some are quite demanding whilst others are less so.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No ID on 12:58 - Mar 8 with 3048 viewslondonlisa2001

No ID on 12:49 - Mar 8 by Dr_Winston

It can, but only as a temporary measure. Bank accounts are the preference. We use credit unions quite a bit too. They're excellent.

The amount of ID required to set up a bank account varies from provider to provider. Some are quite demanding whilst others are less so.

I suggested credit union ID as one that could be acceptable for exactly that reason. The scheme that they run to allow restricting off money for various bills is an incredibly good idea (is it called money boxing or something like that?)

And basic bank accounts require little, and of course, the post office also provide a bank account. All of those should be acceptable ID.
No ID on 13:34 - Mar 8 with 3035 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

they Could stop disabled people from voting all together then , great idea , cut their benefits then stop them voting you out !

You are IDS and I claim my social security (not as much as before mind )

No ID on 14:35 - Mar 8 with 3011 viewsLohengrin

No ID on 13:34 - Mar 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

they Could stop disabled people from voting all together then , great idea , cut their benefits then stop them voting you out !

You are IDS and I claim my social security (not as much as before mind )

No ID on 14:46 - Mar 8 with 3002 viewsHighjack

No ID on 20:23 - Mar 7 by Kilkennyjack

Nope.

Cheap as chips.

If young people can't be arsed to get out of bed and along to a polling station once every five years (the polling stations are open til 10pm so they can still have a lie in, watch hollyoaks and attend their double gender studies class beforehand) then they are seriously letting themselves down.

I also think holding general elections on a Thursday is a deliberate attempt to prevent young people from voting because student night is Wednesday and they are too shagged up on jagerbombs to wake up.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

No ID on 14:54 - Mar 8 with 2999 viewsLohengrin

No ID on 14:46 - Mar 8 by Highjack

If young people can't be arsed to get out of bed and along to a polling station once every five years (the polling stations are open til 10pm so they can still have a lie in, watch hollyoaks and attend their double gender studies class beforehand) then they are seriously letting themselves down.

I also think holding general elections on a Thursday is a deliberate attempt to prevent young people from voting because student night is Wednesday and they are too shagged up on jagerbombs to wake up.

Ha! You may be on to something in your last paragraph, although in my day it would have been Snakebite that resulted in a partial eighteen-hour loss of motor function.

No ID on 16:39 - Mar 8 with 2963 viewssherpajacob

Better still make all voting online, with an individual log in code on your polling card.

Does away with the cost of polling stations, counting staff etc, instant results.

I know some older people might struggle with the online process, but that's the price of bringing the system into the 21st century.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024