Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Denny's - Anyone been? 20:24 - Mar 7 with 7186 viewsKennedy

Just wondering if the waiting times are worth waiting for?

But may leave it for a few months as they only have a 1* rating on the food hygiene score.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/dennys-swansea-shock-food
[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 20:25]

Just call me JFK

Denny's - Anyone been? on 20:33 - Mar 7 with 5973 viewsDr_Winston

Seems to have scored highly for cleanliness but the paperwork was all wrong. It's a stupid system.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Denny's - Anyone been? on 20:33 - Mar 7 with 5972 viewsjack2jack

Don't bother is the main feeling it get from people I've spoken to about it.
Denny's - Anyone been? on 20:36 - Mar 7 with 5960 viewsJackfath

Denny's in the US is a cheap and cheerful quick turnaround family place.

It's not that in Swansea.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Denny's - Anyone been? on 20:38 - Mar 7 with 5942 viewsdickythorpe

To they take us dollars? When I went online a few months ago they said to sign up to show interest in the Swansea store, I did and they send me vouchers for $5 off.
Denny's - Anyone been? on 20:40 - Mar 7 with 5927 viewsjack2jack

Denny's - Anyone been? on 20:38 - Mar 7 by dickythorpe

To they take us dollars? When I went online a few months ago they said to sign up to show interest in the Swansea store, I did and they send me vouchers for $5 off.

Denny's - Anyone been? on 20:45 - Mar 7 with 5914 viewsmax936

I haven't been and nor do I have any intention either, don't do burger type places myself especially yankee ones.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Denny's - Anyone been? on 20:53 - Mar 7 with 5891 viewsThursday

They're just keeping it authentic.
Denny's - Anyone been? on 20:53 - Mar 7 with 5891 viewsdickythorpe

Denny's - Anyone been? on 20:40 - Mar 7 by jack2jack

I'm glad you find it amusing. I've been watching the exchange rates for weeks
Login to get fewer ads

Denny's - Anyone been? on 21:33 - Mar 7 with 5799 viewsGowerjack

Faux America.

Not for me.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Denny's - Anyone been? on 01:35 - Mar 8 with 5662 viewsLord_Bony

Denny's - Anyone been? on 20:53 - Mar 7 by Thursday

They're just keeping it authentic.

It's certainly nothing like the quality or service you get in the US.

But most of the clientele would not know that.

The food tastes processed somehow,can't explain. The only reason it's the first one of it s kind in the UK in Swansea is because the owner lives in mumbles and persuaded them to bring it over and he runs it.

Has potential but let us the real thing.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Denny's - Anyone been? on 08:03 - Mar 8 with 5492 viewsMrSwerve

Denny's - Anyone been? on 20:36 - Mar 7 by Jackfath

Denny's in the US is a cheap and cheerful quick turnaround family place.

It's not that in Swansea.

Indeed - the American version of 'little chef'.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Denny's - Anyone been? on 08:07 - Mar 8 with 5492 viewsProfessor

Been in the US- lower-end diner chain like IHoP. It's OK, but not a patch on 'proper' diners or cafes in the US. Don't know what else in on offer in Swansea nowadays but there are much better independent/small chain equivalents in most UK cities these days, Can think of about 10 around Wirral/Liverpool/Chester. I am sure there must be some in Swansea too.
Denny's - Anyone been? on 09:16 - Mar 8 with 5435 viewsLeonWasGod

We went to one in the States. Won't be be making that mistake again.
Denny's - Anyone been? on 09:55 - Mar 8 with 5398 viewsProfessor

Denny's - Anyone been? on 08:03 - Mar 8 by MrSwerve

Indeed - the American version of 'little chef'.

Apart from the Little Chef is/was not cheap or cheerful!
Denny's - Anyone been? on 09:59 - Mar 8 with 5393 viewsBanosswan

Denny's - Anyone been? on 08:07 - Mar 8 by Professor

Been in the US- lower-end diner chain like IHoP. It's OK, but not a patch on 'proper' diners or cafes in the US. Don't know what else in on offer in Swansea nowadays but there are much better independent/small chain equivalents in most UK cities these days, Can think of about 10 around Wirral/Liverpool/Chester. I am sure there must be some in Swansea too.

Ihop is generally much better than Denny's.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Denny's - Anyone been? on 10:08 - Mar 8 with 5386 viewsjedijack

Went last week with the wife and mother in law. It's a mistake I won't be repeating.

The main meal was passable but the milkshake I had for desert was like a £5 Nesquik shake with too much powder. Still not sure why they gave me a spoon with it. My Vitamix makes far better.

The main gripe both me and the mother in law had was the "refillable" coffee. They make you feel bad for asking for another cup and give you half as much milk each time. The waiting time for food was atrocious so had 3 cups of coffee. The last cup we had, they gave us enough milk for one cup so I asked for more and gave the MIL what we had. They made me wait at least 20 mins for some more milk, I asked twice where it was and was told "they're sorting it". When it eventually arrived I explained the coffee was now cold and requested another cup. That never arrived after about 10 minutes but by that point I was more than ready to go home.

The only thing that was speedy about the whole day was the bill. No messing about getting that to us.

2 hours I spent in the dump. Now I don't mind spending 2 hours fine dining, somewhere fancy but not in a slightly upmarket take on Burger King.
Denny's - Anyone been? on 10:15 - Mar 8 with 5374 viewsWarwickHunt

Denny's - Anyone been? on 10:08 - Mar 8 by jedijack

Went last week with the wife and mother in law. It's a mistake I won't be repeating.

The main meal was passable but the milkshake I had for desert was like a £5 Nesquik shake with too much powder. Still not sure why they gave me a spoon with it. My Vitamix makes far better.

The main gripe both me and the mother in law had was the "refillable" coffee. They make you feel bad for asking for another cup and give you half as much milk each time. The waiting time for food was atrocious so had 3 cups of coffee. The last cup we had, they gave us enough milk for one cup so I asked for more and gave the MIL what we had. They made me wait at least 20 mins for some more milk, I asked twice where it was and was told "they're sorting it". When it eventually arrived I explained the coffee was now cold and requested another cup. That never arrived after about 10 minutes but by that point I was more than ready to go home.

The only thing that was speedy about the whole day was the bill. No messing about getting that to us.

2 hours I spent in the dump. Now I don't mind spending 2 hours fine dining, somewhere fancy but not in a slightly upmarket take on Burger King.

Serves you right for polluting coffee with milk. No sympathy.
Denny's - Anyone been? on 10:21 - Mar 8 with 5361 viewsacejack3065

I went two weeks ago. Pancakes were nice, just a bit pricey for what you get.
Denny's - Anyone been? on 10:25 - Mar 8 with 5353 viewsjedijack

Denny's - Anyone been? on 10:15 - Mar 8 by WarwickHunt

Serves you right for polluting coffee with milk. No sympathy.

Aww :)
Denny's - Anyone been? on 10:35 - Mar 8 with 5341 viewsWarwickHunt

Denny's - Anyone been? on 10:25 - Mar 8 by jedijack

Aww :)

Mind you, the coffee was probably shite anyway...
Denny's - Anyone been? on 10:40 - Mar 8 with 5336 viewsProfessor

Denny's - Anyone been? on 09:59 - Mar 8 by Banosswan

Ihop is generally much better than Denny's.

It is yes.
Denny's - Anyone been? on 10:45 - Mar 8 with 5329 viewslifelong

Denny's - Anyone been? on 10:35 - Mar 8 by WarwickHunt

Mind you, the coffee was probably shite anyway...

On the subject of coffee, I was in Aldi yesterday stocking up on my Colombian instant and I noticed they are now selling a selection of coffee beans. Still not spending a grand on one of those machines mind.
Denny's - Anyone been? on 10:48 - Mar 8 with 5323 viewsProfessor

Whilst Denny's does a job, there really should be a drive to promote local and independent places. Now I am not going all Perchie, but this is what has happened up here-both in Liverpool and in the smaller towns around.

Independent Liverpool (www.independent-liverpool.co.uk) shows how this can be done-there is even a loyalty card for discount across all members. These are not stuffy restaurants but good independent places-Free State Kitchen does mean burgers for little more than McD's and Moose Coffee does great American Breakfasts-both much better than Dennys's and cheaper. It can be done folks. Why settle for corporate bland when you can have good local.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2018 10:48]
Denny's - Anyone been? on 11:41 - Mar 8 with 5280 viewsgolly47

The only decent thing about the place is the stocky bearded guy at the entrance who i assume is in charge of front of house. Never have i met somebody so charismatic and friendly that works in a restaurant that charms the pants off of customers; so when you walk in immediately you think you're going to have a great meal.

First time i went there, i had to wait 25 minutes for a table (it was hectic), then when i ordered, i waited 15 minutes for a cup of coffee (not an extravagant skinny latte with milk squeezed from the bosom of a Himalayan virgin, a black coffee that requires a button push). Then i waited another 25 minutes for my food to arrive, which was basically scrambled eggs, toast, bacon and hashbrowns. Food was great, but definitely very very VERY steep for 9.99. To top it off I waited a further 20 minutes for the bill as well as the waitress to take payment, she didnt even ask how my food was nor offered to fill my coffee cup. I thought f*ck it and went to the desk to pay, the bearded guy i mentioned earlier said that 'somebody should have come to you with the card reader' so i assume he probably bollocked her.

So almost an hour and a half for scrambled eggs. I'd say it was worth it.

Disclaimer: I went a second time the other week to give it the benefit of the doubt. Wanted to give it another chance, and i felt catabolic before going to the gym. Same experience, same waiting forever, overpriced. Not anymore.

Poll: What was worse?

Denny's - Anyone been? on 12:37 - Mar 8 with 5213 viewsmajorraglan

Denny's - Anyone been? on 10:48 - Mar 8 by Professor

Whilst Denny's does a job, there really should be a drive to promote local and independent places. Now I am not going all Perchie, but this is what has happened up here-both in Liverpool and in the smaller towns around.

Independent Liverpool (www.independent-liverpool.co.uk) shows how this can be done-there is even a loyalty card for discount across all members. These are not stuffy restaurants but good independent places-Free State Kitchen does mean burgers for little more than McD's and Moose Coffee does great American Breakfasts-both much better than Dennys's and cheaper. It can be done folks. Why settle for corporate bland when you can have good local.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2018 10:48]

Good call. Support small independent retailers who provide good quality services and pay their taxes like the rest of us, as opposed to those companies who funnel their earnings through off shore accounts to avoid paying taxes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024