Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs 18:36 - Mar 8 with 1607 viewsdickythorpe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-43329853

Unbelievable!!! Many only have seasonal jobs in this great county.

Only the rich will survive down there. Why can't they cut pay of their council big wigs and hangers on?

There'll be problems in some of the very deprived areas like Pembroke Dock and Monkton
Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 19:36 - Mar 8 with 1570 viewsmax936

How the fuk can they get away with that, ffs

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 19:42 - Mar 8 with 1558 viewsLohengrin

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 19:36 - Mar 8 by max936

How the fuk can they get away with that, ffs

Even with the rise they are still paying about £600/700 or so a year less in Pembs than you are, Max.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 21:06 - Mar 8 with 1495 viewsNeath_Jack

I haven't read that piece, but i was under the impression that the locals, voted for the increase, in order not to lose local services. I'm also lead to believe that they pay the lowest rate of council tax in Wales.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 21:11 - Mar 8 with 1491 viewsLohengrin

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 21:06 - Mar 8 by Neath_Jack

I haven't read that piece, but i was under the impression that the locals, voted for the increase, in order not to lose local services. I'm also lead to believe that they pay the lowest rate of council tax in Wales.

The council voted to impose the rise, I don’t think the locals had much of a say either way.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 21:22 - Mar 8 with 1477 viewsNeath_Jack

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 21:11 - Mar 8 by Lohengrin

The council voted to impose the rise, I don’t think the locals had much of a say either way.

Fair enough, i was only half listening when a local was bending my ear about it a couple of weeks ago.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 21:56 - Mar 8 with 1446 viewsmax936

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 19:42 - Mar 8 by Lohengrin

Even with the rise they are still paying about £600/700 or so a year less in Pembs than you are, Max.

I'm dreading my bill for the next yr, to be honest.

I didn't know they were paying that much less, but maybe that's justified with all the Tourism Pembrokeshire brings.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2018 21:57]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 23:18 - Mar 8 with 1393 viewspembsjack

There was a public consultation, most people I speak to fully agree with the rise. You do have a few voices of discontent but that's mainly fuelled by anti-council groups on facebook
For the last few years services have continually been cut. Social care is at absolute breaking point.

12.5% is a great headline figure but in reality, we have one of the lowest council taxes as it is and something has to give.
Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 08:02 - Mar 9 with 1340 viewsNeath_Jack

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 23:18 - Mar 8 by pembsjack

There was a public consultation, most people I speak to fully agree with the rise. You do have a few voices of discontent but that's mainly fuelled by anti-council groups on facebook
For the last few years services have continually been cut. Social care is at absolute breaking point.

12.5% is a great headline figure but in reality, we have one of the lowest council taxes as it is and something has to give.

That's where I didn't listen properly then, I thought he had said something along the lines of the residents voting/being consulted, and that they were "happy" with it to go ahead.

Login to get fewer ads

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 08:12 - Mar 9 with 1331 viewsjacktar

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 19:42 - Mar 8 by Lohengrin

I was surprised when I saw the figures for the average Council Tax in Pembs compared to other areas of Wales. Some of the poorest areas seem to be paying much more so I guess Pembs has decided to play catch-up. It's hardly surprising really when you see how strapped for cash all local authorities are and the problems they face providing public services these days.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 11:06 - Mar 9 with 1277 viewswestwalesed

I'm none too pleased about it but there isn't a huge amount that can be done, as has already been mentioned we have had historically far lower Council Tax than the rest of Wales and we are catching up.

On a side note, it would help if Second Home ownership had it's Council Tax discount scrapped - that would make a big difference. There are parts of Pembrokeshire which are like ghost towns in the winter - Porthgain, Newport (Pembs) to name a few.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 19:25 - Mar 9 with 1205 viewsTenbySwan

That is completely incorrect.( £700;Council tax) Council tax is is way more than double that and we have absolutely no services. Library only opens 3 days a week etc.
We still manage to pay several Council Officers over 100k a year.
They even charge the disabled to park in the car parks.
I am livid about this.
They did have a consultation period then announced that the tax was going up 12.5% even before the consultation period was over.
Don't believe the spin from the Council that was repeated on the BBC and Wales Online.- we all know about them!
[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 19:29]
Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 21:10 - Mar 9 with 1169 viewsbyron

Council Tax up 12.5% in Pembs on 23:18 - Mar 8 by pembsjack

I hear refuse collection isn’t too good. Particularly in a county almost solely reliant on tourism, they proposed a monthly collection? Is that right? Closing up to the £2000 mark in Cardiff. Daylight robbery

Benny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024