Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
conveyancing time 19:48 - Mar 8 with 6594 viewsjack_lord

When does it become unreasonable and are there are any comebacks for the other solicitor?

I'm currently on 27 weeks, mainly because the buyers solicitor didn't notice a second condition of their client's mortgage. Now this has overrun the guy's offer and he has had to apply for an extension on his offer.

Has anyone had any ridiculous tales of woe?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

conveyancing time on 02:06 - Mar 9 with 4329 viewsAguycalledJack

Should only take 6-8 weeks. 12 at most.
conveyancing time on 11:42 - Mar 9 with 4250 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 02:06 - Mar 9 by AguycalledJack

Should only take 6-8 weeks. 12 at most.

Yes. Sometimes things run over but this is farcical. Has anyone been is a position where the mortgage offer has it a point where they have had to apply for an extension?

conveyancing time on 15:01 - Mar 9 with 4207 viewsAguycalledJack

You could always tell them that you can’t wait and intend to put the house back on the market. If they get the mortgage a second time happy days but at least you will have been pro - active in finding another buyer.

The new mortgage application process can take 2-4 weeks alone and they may not get it. That’s a worse case scenario, and your house will then have to go back on the market anyway. I’d be looking to put the house back on the market now with a view to saving time. Speak to your solicitor and estate agent. If your house has to be re-advertised you may also be responsible for further estate agent fees.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 15:02]
conveyancing time on 21:32 - Mar 9 with 4126 viewsAquinas

Remember SDLT is being replaced by LTT in Wales on April 1st. Depending on the value of the property, you could be better off waiting til the change or if it's an expensive property you'll probably pay more tax than if you completed pre April 1st
conveyancing time on 23:51 - Mar 9 with 4091 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 21:32 - Mar 9 by Aquinas

Remember SDLT is being replaced by LTT in Wales on April 1st. Depending on the value of the property, you could be better off waiting til the change or if it's an expensive property you'll probably pay more tax than if you completed pre April 1st

I am due to get 6000 back in sdlt from the property I bought last year if I sell this one based on the old rule. Does this change affect that?

conveyancing time on 23:53 - Mar 9 with 4088 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 15:01 - Mar 9 by AguycalledJack

You could always tell them that you can’t wait and intend to put the house back on the market. If they get the mortgage a second time happy days but at least you will have been pro - active in finding another buyer.

The new mortgage application process can take 2-4 weeks alone and they may not get it. That’s a worse case scenario, and your house will then have to go back on the market anyway. I’d be looking to put the house back on the market now with a view to saving time. Speak to your solicitor and estate agent. If your house has to be re-advertised you may also be responsible for further estate agent fees.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 15:02]

That is solid advice. I believe the purchaser's broker is just trying to get an extension on the mortgage and was advised by estate agent that this would be quick. I question how the estate agent would know what the mortgage company would do.

conveyancing time on 00:43 - Mar 10 with 4075 viewsAguycalledJack

conveyancing time on 23:53 - Mar 9 by jack_lord

That is solid advice. I believe the purchaser's broker is just trying to get an extension on the mortgage and was advised by estate agent that this would be quick. I question how the estate agent would know what the mortgage company would do.

1. The estate agent has probably seen this position a number of times, but the broker should know time scales anyway.
2. The estate Agent does not want to lose the sale and the subsequent commission.
conveyancing time on 16:35 - Mar 25 with 3891 viewsjack_lord

25th of March and nothing has changed. For the love of god, what are the people getting paid for!

Login to get fewer ads

conveyancing time on 16:41 - Mar 25 with 3881 viewsAguycalledJack

I’d be covering all bases and readvertising if I were you. Beware the extra estate agent fees.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 16:42]
conveyancing time on 19:46 - Mar 25 with 3827 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 16:41 - Mar 25 by AguycalledJack

I’d be covering all bases and readvertising if I were you. Beware the extra estate agent fees.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 16:42]

I suggested this to the estate agent on Friday but aking to put it back on the market and allowing the other party to complete the sale in the meantime.

I will say that this has focussed her on pushing the buyer.

conveyancing time on 20:16 - Mar 25 with 3797 viewsAguycalledJack

They don’t want to lose the commission.

Who is the estate agent if you don’t mind me asking?
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 20:20]
conveyancing time on 20:35 - Mar 25 with 3781 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 20:16 - Mar 25 by AguycalledJack

They don’t want to lose the commission.

Who is the estate agent if you don’t mind me asking?
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 20:20]

The estate agent is in Ystradgynlais, Peter Lynn are doing my conveyancing but the problems are largely with the buying conveyancer and his mortgage (Santander).

The buying conveyancer sat on two conditions of his mortgage for 12 weeks before mentioning them - truly shocking.

conveyancing time on 20:43 - Mar 25 with 3773 viewsAguycalledJack

Not good. We’ll good luck but as I say I would be pushing to get it back on the market.
conveyancing time on 12:51 - Mar 28 with 3679 viewsjack_lord

I have been told twice in the last couple of weeks that the underwriter was sending out mortgage offer after the previous product had expired. Now I am being told that the valuer wants to make an appointment mid April to check the house.

Effing Santander -

conveyancing time on 18:00 - Mar 28 with 3631 viewsAguycalledJack

Sounds as if they are going through the whole mortgage application again.

Up to you but I’d give an ultimatum that it’s sorted by the end of the first week in April or you re- market the house.
conveyancing time on 18:40 - Mar 28 with 3624 viewsswanforthemoney

You should get a list of milestones that have to be reached and dates for each one that they buyers commit to.
Eg date for valuation
date for mortgage offer.
Date for exchange
Date for completion.
There might be some more, get your lawyer and they agent to map out the exact processes that have to be completed and get a date for each one.

Make sure your ready, thsy might suddenly be ready and you might not have your ducks in a row.

Without knowing you precise position you could consider putting it back on the market. Or threatening to do so. Property starts to sell when the weather improves.

I stand in the North Stand

conveyancing time on 20:09 - Mar 28 with 3598 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 18:40 - Mar 28 by swanforthemoney

You should get a list of milestones that have to be reached and dates for each one that they buyers commit to.
Eg date for valuation
date for mortgage offer.
Date for exchange
Date for completion.
There might be some more, get your lawyer and they agent to map out the exact processes that have to be completed and get a date for each one.

Make sure your ready, thsy might suddenly be ready and you might not have your ducks in a row.

Without knowing you precise position you could consider putting it back on the market. Or threatening to do so. Property starts to sell when the weather improves.

We were ready to exchange and complete at the end of February but again, their solicitor mixed up a question and overran the mortgage offer deadline. The purchaser's broker (who needs a bricking) has since come up with a multitude of nonsense.

Hopefully I can try and give deadlines and something will happen. I'm not sure as Santander have messed up every condition so far with the solicitor so I'm expecting more hold ups as I fear they will repeat the mistakes.

I have told the agent to market the house but obviously letting the sale continue.

conveyancing time on 12:39 - Apr 16 with 3444 viewsjack_lord

16th April 2018
The Valuer visited the property again on the 9th. He said everything was pretty much as before and his report was going off to Santander that afternoon.

How long is it before the mortgage company send out the offer to the purchaser?

My wife's friend put an offer in on a house in Morriston on the 9th of March with no kitchen and needs a mortgage and looks like completing by next week.

How effing fluck can thi be when the mortgage company knew the offer was running out at the end of Feb and all the guy had to do was either extend offer or re apply.

conveyancing time on 22:01 - Apr 16 with 3347 viewsAguycalledJack

Should have got it back on the market. Knowing it was being readvertised would have made the purchaser pull their finger out.

I reckon your looking at another 2-3 weeks.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 22:04]
conveyancing time on 23:00 - Apr 16 with 3315 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 22:01 - Apr 16 by AguycalledJack

Should have got it back on the market. Knowing it was being readvertised would have made the purchaser pull their finger out.

I reckon your looking at another 2-3 weeks.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 22:04]

I did tell Roberts Homes to put it back on the market. She told the buyer that was my intention. I was told that it would go back on the market on the 29th of March.

I can only guess that the buyer must have said it was off if I put it back on the market.

I am in a quandary.

I could easily rent it out and get a decent income from it but it has gone so far I also just want to draw a line under it.

Also, anyone living in the county of Powys beware. If your property is empty for over 6 months you pay full council tax. If it reaches tell months then you pay 150%.

The wonderful councillors voted for this. I hope they understand how this affects some people.

conveyancing time on 07:28 - Apr 17 with 3241 viewsSTID2017

conveyancing time on 23:00 - Apr 16 by jack_lord

I did tell Roberts Homes to put it back on the market. She told the buyer that was my intention. I was told that it would go back on the market on the 29th of March.

I can only guess that the buyer must have said it was off if I put it back on the market.

I am in a quandary.

I could easily rent it out and get a decent income from it but it has gone so far I also just want to draw a line under it.

Also, anyone living in the county of Powys beware. If your property is empty for over 6 months you pay full council tax. If it reaches tell months then you pay 150%.

The wonderful councillors voted for this. I hope they understand how this affects some people.

Same in NPT unless the property is under renovation yherefore not being lived in

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

conveyancing time on 08:08 - Apr 17 with 3225 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 07:28 - Apr 17 by STID2017

Same in NPT unless the property is under renovation yherefore not being lived in

I'm in NPT and council told me it was a 50% discount on unfurnished empty property after 6 months.

conveyancing time on 08:44 - Apr 17 with 3213 viewsSTID2017

conveyancing time on 08:08 - Apr 17 by jack_lord

I'm in NPT and council told me it was a 50% discount on unfurnished empty property after 6 months.

"Same in NPT unless the property is under renovation therefore not being lived in "

Possibly because the property was one I'd bought to rent out, but then found it needed full renovation, so could not be lived in or rented out, furnished or unfurnished.
Saved on rates for a year until I was ready for it to go on the market

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

conveyancing time on 19:40 - Apr 18 with 3065 viewsAguycalledJack

conveyancing time on 23:00 - Apr 16 by jack_lord

I am in a quandary.

Add the lost council tax to the purchase price, or negotiate a reduction on the estate agents fees to cover it.
conveyancing time on 23:40 - Apr 18 with 3028 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 19:40 - Apr 18 by AguycalledJack

Add the lost council tax to the purchase price, or negotiate a reduction on the estate agents fees to cover it.

I suggested that she should reduce her fee when all my costs were spiralling and she laughed in a meek manner. I need to know more about this from a negotiating point of view.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024