Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
conveyancing time 19:48 - Mar 8 with 6591 viewsjack_lord

When does it become unreasonable and are there are any comebacks for the other solicitor?

I'm currently on 27 weeks, mainly because the buyers solicitor didn't notice a second condition of their client's mortgage. Now this has overrun the guy's offer and he has had to apply for an extension on his offer.

Has anyone had any ridiculous tales of woe?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

conveyancing time on 10:18 - Apr 19 with 2189 viewsjack_lord

Update:

Now Santander are refusing to issue mortgage to buyer until the quote for treatment of Knotweed is paid in to escrow by me!

This is in spite of them already agreeing to payment on completion and everyone having having copies.

Ludicrous.

conveyancing time on 11:51 - Apr 19 with 2161 viewsswanforthemoney

Annoying, but do you lose anything paying what, a few grand, into escrow ?

I stand in the North Stand

conveyancing time on 13:27 - Apr 19 with 2148 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 11:51 - Apr 19 by swanforthemoney

Annoying, but do you lose anything paying what, a few grand, into escrow ?

I will do it but I cannot get hold of my solicitor at Peter Lynn and I can't speak to the buyers solicitor.

It is £2500 but I suppose that if they pull out I get it back. I just want clarity as I am now missing out on other potential buyers.

conveyancing time on 13:28 - May 2 with 2048 viewsjack_lord

2nd May. Santander are telling buyer that they are processing the solicitors information but there is a backlog. They have marked it as urgent though.
I am in the ninth month of conveyancing - how effing urgent can it get.
The estate agent seems to be ignoring my messages and even obstructing any other sale. I asked for the property to be put back on the market and said she would back in March. When I asked why is it not, she replied that she thought it would have completed.

AS THE UNCERTAINTY IS GETTING TO STRESSFULL - DOES ANYONE WORK FOR A MORTGAGE DEPARTMENT OR BETTER STILL SANTANDER?
[Post edited 3 May 2018 18:09]

conveyancing time on 18:11 - May 3 with 1990 viewsjack_lord

AS THE UNCERTAINTY IS GETTING TO STRESSFUL - DOES ANYONE WORK FOR A MORTGAGE DEPARTMENT OR BETTER STILL SANTANDER?

I feel I am being fed a whole load of porkies by the buyer and or Roberts Homes.

conveyancing time on 18:25 - May 3 with 1982 viewsmajorraglan

conveyancing time on 13:27 - Apr 19 by jack_lord

I will do it but I cannot get hold of my solicitor at Peter Lynn and I can't speak to the buyers solicitor.

It is £2500 but I suppose that if they pull out I get it back. I just want clarity as I am now missing out on other potential buyers.

In terms of the knotweed, could you take out a treatment policy backed by insurance in your name which could then be transferred to a third arty on completion of sale?

This seems to have been dragging on for ages. Have you had lots of interest in the property? If you have, would you lose much if you just pulled out of the sale and went to a new Estate agent? I would be going to my solicitor and asking for my options because this seems to be taking ages.
conveyancing time on 20:02 - May 3 with 1956 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 18:25 - May 3 by majorraglan

In terms of the knotweed, could you take out a treatment policy backed by insurance in your name which could then be transferred to a third arty on completion of sale?

This seems to have been dragging on for ages. Have you had lots of interest in the property? If you have, would you lose much if you just pulled out of the sale and went to a new Estate agent? I would be going to my solicitor and asking for my options because this seems to be taking ages.

We have an insurance backed knotweed treatment plan all agreed and in place.
Unfortunately as it was going to exchange of contracts the solicitor overran the mortgage offer.
The purchaser reapplied to Fuching santander who took three weeks to get the valuer back to survey with exactly the same results.
Santander forgot everything and buying solicitor sent everything to the saying that they had everything agreed.
Santander asked the solicitor to rewrite a legal term which they did and it was supposed to be all resolved last Thursday.
However, SAntander being complete amateurs are now saying there is a backlog .
There may have been interest but Roberts homes took it off Zoopla after they went under offer. You can't even see the property under the search tag under offer.

I have asked John Francis EA's to do an appraisal to go up for sale which shall be completed this weekend. I have also instructed them that I want the property available for rent also.

I'm not actually sure if the original Estate Agent can charge me as she can say she found me a buyer.

If my solicitor at Peter Lynn would return my call I might find out what my options are.

conveyancing time on 20:44 - May 3 with 1943 viewsAguycalledJack

I’d go with other buyers. If the original buyers come back back so be it. They will have incurred mortgage application fees themselves.

Regarding the estate agent fees check your terms and conditions. There are ways around it if contract with the estate agent was made at your home or place of work and they did not sent you a notice of cancellation.
Login to get fewer ads

conveyancing time on 21:33 - May 3 with 1931 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 20:44 - May 3 by AguycalledJack

I’d go with other buyers. If the original buyers come back back so be it. They will have incurred mortgage application fees themselves.

Regarding the estate agent fees check your terms and conditions. There are ways around it if contract with the estate agent was made at your home or place of work and they did not sent you a notice of cancellation.

Thanks, the original buyers are still "trying" to complete and it is so friggin frustrating.

This is made worse by Powys county council charging me full council tax on an empty property. I'm paying more on council tax on that empty property than I was on my mortgage.

I didn't sign the contract in the office. The estate agent is being really off with me but what does she expect me to be like. Does she think I'm going to say "well done carry on love. it's only 37 week"?

I'be been open and honest with her. I told her I have to be pragmatic and look for another potential buyer.
She isn't even doing what I have instructed her to do.

conveyancing time on 23:46 - May 3 with 1911 viewsAguycalledJack

She doesn’t want to lose the commission.

I’d say enough is enough I’m looking for other buyers and if your not prepared to act upon my instructions I will go to another estate agent who will. Oh and by the way you can go whistle for your fees.

Also check your terms and condition with the estate agent.
conveyancing time on 23:50 - May 3 with 1909 viewsAguycalledJack

conveyancing time on 21:33 - May 3 by jack_lord

Thanks, the original buyers are still "trying" to complete and it is so friggin frustrating.

This is made worse by Powys county council charging me full council tax on an empty property. I'm paying more on council tax on that empty property than I was on my mortgage.

I didn't sign the contract in the office. The estate agent is being really off with me but what does she expect me to be like. Does she think I'm going to say "well done carry on love. it's only 37 week"?

I'be been open and honest with her. I told her I have to be pragmatic and look for another potential buyer.
She isn't even doing what I have instructed her to do.

If you didn’t sign in office check out the (I think it’s) the cancellation of contracts regulations. If you entered the contract in the house or place of work a notice of cancellation should have been provided to you. May be a way out for you.
conveyancing time on 11:21 - May 11 with 1806 viewsjack_lord

May 11th
I have introduced the property to a new estate agent but held back this week as I am told that the offer is out just with a retention of 5000. I was assured it was being sorted.
I have just had an update the Santander are insisting on DPC guarantees even though the buyer has said that he can cover the 5000.
DO NOT BE FOOLED IN TO LETTING SOMEONE BUY YOUR HOUSE IF THEY HAVE SANTANDER AS A LENDER!!!!

conveyancing time on 21:11 - May 11 with 1752 viewsAguycalledJack

I’ve heard other people complain about Santander their system of work and their products. Particularly the small print.
conveyancing time on 02:08 - May 12 with 1718 viewsBobby_Fischer

You haven't got a hope in hell sorry mate.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

conveyancing time on 18:07 - May 12 with 1641 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 02:08 - May 12 by Bobby_Fischer

It looks that way but why cant santander just say no so I can rent the bloody house out to some refugee and take money off the council for the next ten years.

conveyancing time on 13:02 - Jun 26 with 1429 viewsjack_lord

conveyancing time on 02:08 - May 12 by Bobby_Fischer

We have finally exchanged contracts and completing in a couple of days.

To say it has been a little stressful is an understatement!

Santander are absolute to ssers and the buying conveyancer was on a go slow merry go round costing me a big bag of money. The only reason this went ahead was the work that myself, my solicitor and the buyer did and yet the estate agent is getting a couple of grand for showing them the house.

conveyancing time on 15:39 - Jun 26 with 1396 viewsLoyal

conveyancing time on 23:40 - Apr 18 by jack_lord

I suggested that she should reduce her fee when all my costs were spiralling and she laughed in a meek manner. I need to know more about this from a negotiating point of view.

Time to take control and start stating what will happen and when.
The lost revenue should be applied to the sale and the agent needs to stop smirking, they don't hold all the cards.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024