Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blimey where’s the Trump thread? 09:07 - Mar 9 with 5287 viewsDarran

It’s equally shocking and incredible that none of the snowflakes on here could be arsed to start one.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/09/shocking-incredible-what-the-exper

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 09:14 - Mar 9 with 2871 viewsLohengrin

Kim: Would you like to come to Korea for a chat?

DT: Can’t be done lil’ Rocket Man.

Kim: You can share a room with our Olympic cheerleaders.

DT: How does a week Wednesday suit ‘ya?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:03 - Mar 9 with 2795 viewswestwalesed

Couldn't agree more.

The maximum pressure approach seems to have worked - and that's partly because Trump does have it in him to follow through on all the "fire and fury" threats he has made. Look at what he has done in Syria, no sh**s given there either.

It might be "unseemly" and "unsightly" at times, but he is definitely getting results.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:05 - Mar 9 with 2790 viewsBatterseajack

Being a fully committed libtard snowflake, I am by no means a fan of the Donald, but this is surely something extremely positive. Strange times.
Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:09 - Mar 9 with 2783 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Well done mr trump , good to see .

Hopefully you’ll stop tweeting that you are going to kill millions of people now .

Believe it or not , twitter was not designed for threats of mass murder

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:14 - Mar 9 with 2777 viewswestwalesed

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:09 - Mar 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

Well done mr trump , good to see .

Hopefully you’ll stop tweeting that you are going to kill millions of people now .

Believe it or not , twitter was not designed for threats of mass murder

But it's clearly worked.

It's basic game theory - unless someone actually believes that someone will follow through with their threats, then the threats are meaningless and no progress is made.

I only listen to my other half because she actually does what she says!

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:23 - Mar 9 with 2765 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:14 - Mar 9 by westwalesed

But it's clearly worked.

It's basic game theory - unless someone actually believes that someone will follow through with their threats, then the threats are meaningless and no progress is made.

Does she threaten to kill you and all your famil &!friends on twitter just to get you to empty the dish washer.

Actually don’t answer that 😂

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:34 - Mar 9 with 2746 viewswestwalesed

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:23 - Mar 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

Does she threaten to kill you and all your famil &!friends on twitter just to get you to empty the dish washer.

Actually don’t answer that 😂

No but she can't be talked round either, stubborn little mule she is.

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:37 - Mar 9 with 2742 viewsShaky

North Korea and South Korea snooker Trump
By Max Boot

Washington Post, March 8 at 10:57 PM

South Korean conservatives have had two nightmare scenarios about President Trump: that he would either embroil their country in a ruinous war with North Korea or that he would sell out their interests to the North.

Trump spent his first year in office lending credence to the first concern. He threatened to rain “fire and fury” down on North Korea. He called its dictator, Kim Jong-un, “Little Rocket Man,” and bragged that his “nuclear button” was much bigger than Kim’s. Administration officials claimed that deterrence couldn’t work and discussed the possibility of a “bloody nose” strike that could have triggered a nuclear war.

Now, in a head-snapping display of incoherence, Trump has agreed to meet Kim, giving the worst human-rights abuser on the planet, what he most wants: international legitimacy. Kim will be able to tell his people that the American president is kowtowing to him because he is scared of North Korea’s mighty nuclear arsenal.

As recently as August, Trump tweeted: “The U.S. has been talking to North Korea, and paying them extortion money, for 25 years. Talking is not the answer!” He was absolutely right. For decades, North Korea has engaged in a bait and switch. It has staged provocations, such as the torpedoing of a South Korean naval ship in 2010, interspersed with offers to negotiate. The end game has always been the same: It has hoped to be paid for not staging further provocations. In other words, it was attempting to blackmail the West.

That strategy paid off spectacularly during the “sunshine policy” years of 1998-2008. Progressive governments in Seoul delivered approximately $8 billion in economic assistance and got nothing in return. North Korea reneged on its 1994 pledge to the U.S. to freeze its nuclear development and instead raced ahead with a secret nuclear enrichment program. South Korea’s current president, Moon Jae-in, was a top aide to President Roh Moo-hyun, one of the presidents who pursued the sunshine policy, and evidently he is has not lost his faith in negotiations with the North. Admittedly, from his perspective, it makes sense to do anything possible to stop Trump from starting Korean War II.

Moon and Kim have, for their own reasons, snookered the credulous American president into a high-profile summit that is likely to end in disaster one way or another. Kim is evidently willing to suspend his nuclear and missile tests while the talks are under way, but this is a minimal concession that can easily be reversed. He is most likely willing to do even that much only to buy time for his engineers to finish developing a nuclear warhead that can fit on an ICBM capable of reaching the U.S.

The South Koreans claim that the North Koreans are willing to discuss denuclearization, but the likelihood is that they will only do so on terms that the United States should never accept. Kim may offer to give up his nukes if the U.S. will pull its forces out of South Korea and sign a peace treaty with the North. Trump, if confronted with such a scenario, may imagine it is a big “win” for him, but that’s only because he knows nothing of North Korea and has no one at a senior level in his administration who does. Victor Cha was supposed to be the ambassador to Seoul, but his nomination was withdrawn by White House hardliners, while Joseph Yun, the top State Department envoy to North Korea, just announced his retirement.

If Trump bothered to talk to North Korea experts, he would undoubtedly learn that Kim’s regime is pursuing its age-old aim of pushing U.S. military forces off the Korean Peninsula, enabling Pyongyang to use its military power to coerce South Korea into unification on the North’s terms–i.e., the extension of a Stalinist dictatorship across the entire peninsula. Even if that’s not possible, North Korea hopes at a minimum for a relaxation of sanctions just when they are beginning to bite.

But of course the president doesn’t listen to experts. He just ignored the unanimous opinion of economists that trade wars are calamitous by imposing steel and aluminum tariffs. Now Trump is rushing into a risky summit without having gotten anything substantial in return and without, apparently, having even consulted the State Department.

It may make sense to talk to North Korea, but at a lower level, while maintaining the “maximum pressure” sanctions policy. Eventually the regime may feel so much pain that it will be willing to bargain in earnest. But there is no reason to think that the time is now and much reason to assume that Trump, as usual, doesn’t know what he is doing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2018/03/08/north-korea-an

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:42 - Mar 9 with 2734 viewsnantywatcher

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:03 - Mar 9 by westwalesed

Couldn't agree more.

The maximum pressure approach seems to have worked - and that's partly because Trump does have it in him to follow through on all the "fire and fury" threats he has made. Look at what he has done in Syria, no sh**s given there either.

It might be "unseemly" and "unsightly" at times, but he is definitely getting results.

WOW!!!!
Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:44 - Mar 9 with 2729 viewsLohengrin

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:05 - Mar 9 by Batterseajack

Being a fully committed libtard snowflake, I am by no means a fan of the Donald, but this is surely something extremely positive. Strange times.

The only lesson you can really take from this is if you’re the head of a lunatic, tyrannical regime looking to develop weapons of mass destruction then you can expect to hear the rumble of incoming drone attacks momentarily. However, if you’re the head of a lunatic, tyrannical regime able to demonstrate that you already possess the capability to deploy said weapons then you are elevated to the conference table.

Brute force works. It always has.

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:49 - Mar 9 with 2720 viewswestwalesed

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:44 - Mar 9 by Lohengrin

The only lesson you can really take from this is if you’re the head of a lunatic, tyrannical regime looking to develop weapons of mass destruction then you can expect to hear the rumble of incoming drone attacks momentarily. However, if you’re the head of a lunatic, tyrannical regime able to demonstrate that you already possess the capability to deploy said weapons then you are elevated to the conference table.

Exactly, and if you are lunatic enough o follow through, you'll be listened too much more quickly.

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:50 - Mar 9 with 2718 viewsJack_Meoff

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:03 - Mar 9 by westwalesed

Couldn't agree more.

What has he done in Syria?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:52 - Mar 9 with 2716 viewsBLAZE

Is he doing a better job than reported? He seems to lurch from disaster to disaster, and if you'd read the press you'd think his tenure has been an unmitigated mess so far. But I've read some comments suggesting he's actually done a very decent job so far, it's just being whitewashed by the media

Is this accurate? Genuine question, I haven't a clue
Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 12:03 - Mar 9 with 2686 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:05 - Mar 9 by Batterseajack

Great friend of Putin as well

Really p!ssing everyone off over there

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 12:06 - Mar 9 with 2679 viewsBobby_Fischer

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:52 - Mar 9 by BLAZE

Is he doing a better job than reported? He seems to lurch from disaster to disaster, and if you'd read the press you'd think his tenure has been an unmitigated mess so far. But I've read some comments suggesting he's actually done a very decent job so far, it's just being whitewashed by the media

Its all FAKE NEWS obviously.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 12:09 - Mar 9 with 2680 viewswestwalesed

Job growth huge in America, Economic Recover burgeoning, ISIS all but defeated in Syria (with Russian help), N Korea now coming to the table to talk........but he says some things that some people find off colour so he's evil obviously.

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 12:10 - Mar 9 with 2677 viewsJack_Meoff

I heard on the radio earlier that he'd been speaking out about cheap Chinese steel and the detrimental effect it's having on the US' steel industry. Can you ever imagine such an emanation from Westminster? Nor me.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 12:18 - Mar 9 with 2663 viewsLohengrin

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 12:10 - Mar 9 by Jack_Meoff

I heard on the radio earlier that he'd been speaking out about cheap Chinese steel and the detrimental effect it's having on the US' steel industry. Can you ever imagine such an emanation from Westminster? Nor me.

We did. Nobody wanted to listen...

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 12:41 - Mar 9 with 2625 viewslonglostjack

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:14 - Mar 9 by westwalesed

But it's clearly worked.

Basic game theory didn't work out for the US in Vietnam because the Vietcong didn't understand the rules. Just saying.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 18:40 - Mar 9 with 2450 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 11:44 - Mar 9 by Lohengrin

Unless you are are up against a bigger brute than you are, or one of equal strength. It then ends in tears.
I think we are trumpeting success a tad early here (see what I did there?).
I am sure N Korea will play it as their nuclear threats getting Trump to the table. Thereby strengthening Rocket Man's grip on his Country.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 18:52 - Mar 9 with 2437 viewsHighjack

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 12:41 - Mar 9 by longlostjack

Basic game theory didn't work out for the US in Vietnam because the Vietcong didn't understand the rules. Just saying.

US game theory is always flawed because they have to stop every 15 seconds for a commercial break

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 19:09 - Mar 9 with 2420 viewsexiledclaseboy

No. Genuine answer.

Poll: Tory leader

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 20:16 - Mar 9 with 2362 viewsKilkennyjack

Trump will be in jail soon.

Mueller will have him on toast.

Beware of the Risen People

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 20:54 - Mar 9 with 2329 viewsJack_Meoff

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 12:09 - Mar 9 by westwalesed

Job growth huge in America, Economic Recover burgeoning, ISIS all but defeated in Syria (with Russian help), N Korea now coming to the table to talk........but he says some things that some people find off colour so he's evil obviously.

I'll ask again - what has Trump done in Syria?

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 21:13 - Mar 9 with 2310 viewsHumpty

Blimey where’s the Trump thread? on 12:09 - Mar 9 by westwalesed

Job growth under Trump down on what it was under Obama.

The economy has continued to grow, as it has been doing since 2009.

Isis in Syria all but defeated due to Russia, Iran, Hezbollah and the Kurds.

Noth Korea agreeing to talks. We have no idea how they will go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024