Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Windows 10 dropping Wifi 09:21 - Mar 9 with 3769 viewsSwanzay

I have noticed that since my laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 many months ago, it would drop Wi-fi connection maybe once a day, meaning I would have to restart to resolve the issue.
Now its starting to drop the connection frequently, maybe up to every half an hour.

I've had a quick google and it appears to be a recognised issue, however so far non of the fixes published on Youtube and alike that I have seen, have resolved this issue.

Anyone else experienced this and have found a resolution?

Thanks in advance.
Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 09:53 - Mar 9 with 2992 viewsTheFranchise

any vpn connection?
Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 10:10 - Mar 9 with 2966 viewsSwanzay

I have a VPN connected, but it happens whether the VPN is enabled or disabled.
Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 10:48 - Mar 9 with 2944 viewsmajorraglan

Our laptop was upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 a year or so ago and it did my head in, so much so I took it off and went back to the older version.
Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 10:59 - Mar 9 with 2929 viewsjack2jack

Have you tried disconnecting your wifi connection on your laptop and then reconnecting, assuming you know your wifi password
Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 11:10 - Mar 9 with 2915 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Same with my windows 10

It does it all the time

On line advice is all over the place

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 11:18 - Mar 9 with 2904 viewsSoberBaker

Do any other devices 'drop out'?

AMOW

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 11:41 - Mar 9 with 2884 viewsgolly47

It's most likely a driver issue. When 10 was first released it was crazy how poorly optimised it was. My 2-in-1 laptop for instance wouldn't rotate when I turned it portrait or wouldn't work as a tablet. Downgraded it to 8 and it works perfectly. My advice would be either roll back the drivers or go back to 8. Give it a couple of months it should be fine.

Poll: What was worse?

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 11:45 - Mar 9 with 2877 viewsShaky

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 11:41 - Mar 9 by golly47

It's most likely a driver issue. When 10 was first released it was crazy how poorly optimised it was. My 2-in-1 laptop for instance wouldn't rotate when I turned it portrait or wouldn't work as a tablet. Downgraded it to 8 and it works perfectly. My advice would be either roll back the drivers or go back to 8. Give it a couple of months it should be fine.

Or Windows 95 to be safe?

What nonsense.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 14:06 - Mar 9 with 2812 viewsgolly47

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 11:45 - Mar 9 by Shaky

What nonsense.

What's nonsense?

Poll: What was worse?

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 14:09 - Mar 9 with 2809 viewsyescomeon

I don't think I've had any problem. When I'm at home the wifi will disconnect but that appears to be something to do with the router rather than my laptop. In work using eduroam I've never had a problem.

Upthecity!

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 14:55 - Mar 9 with 2771 viewsSwanzay

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 11:18 - Mar 9 by SoberBaker

Do any other devices 'drop out'?

No, all other devices work fine, just this happens only with Windows 10..
Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 14:58 - Mar 9 with 2767 viewsSoberBaker

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 14:55 - Mar 9 by Swanzay

No, all other devices work fine, just this happens only with Windows 10..

Hmm, that's a bit out of my comfort zone, then.

You've obviously tried undressing provocatively, waving your willy around and stuff though, yeah?

AMOW

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 15:04 - Mar 9 with 2763 viewsSwanzay

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 14:58 - Mar 9 by SoberBaker

Hmm, that's a bit out of my comfort zone, then.

You've obviously tried undressing provocatively, waving your willy around and stuff though, yeah?

Several times, even changed the foil on head.
Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 15:06 - Mar 9 with 2760 viewsjack2jack

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking-winpc/wi
Might help :)
Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 18:27 - Mar 9 with 2660 viewsShaky

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 15:06 - Mar 9 by jack2jack

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking-winpc/wi

Is that a joke? I got to the end of page 1 without seeing anything remotely ueseful. As is invariably the case with Microsoft answers!

Just try to google Windows 10 wifi disconnects or something similar. There appear to be several known issues like the wifi adapter setting allow windows to put device to sleep or something similar. Keep going until you have a fix, and remember you shold probably reboot after trying each possible fix.

This is almost certainly not a driver issue. Do not go back any earlier versions of windows unless you want to create huge problems for yourself in future.

Also a small chance it could be the router but that is unlikely since it was working before.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 18:37 - Mar 9 with 2650 viewsjack2jack

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 18:27 - Mar 9 by Shaky

Is that a joke? I got to the end of page 1 without seeing anything remotely ueseful. As is invariably the case with Microsoft answers!

Just try to google Windows 10 wifi disconnects or something similar. There appear to be several known issues like the wifi adapter setting allow windows to put device to sleep or something similar. Keep going until you have a fix, and remember you shold probably reboot after trying each possible fix.

This is almost certainly not a driver issue. Do not go back any earlier versions of windows unless you want to create huge problems for yourself in future.

Also a small chance it could be the router but that is unlikely since it was working before.

Tell you what, I'll wait for Swanzay to reply, if its no good he'll tell me.
If you can come up with anything better, you crack on.
Thanks for your input anyway.😁
Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 18:44 - Mar 9 with 2643 viewsShaky

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 18:37 - Mar 9 by jack2jack

Tell you what, I'll wait for Swanzay to reply, if its no good he'll tell me.
If you can come up with anything better, you crack on.
Thanks for your input anyway.😁

I wasn't being sarcastic.

In my experince Microsoft answer threads have a disproportionately high probability of being duds. And i wasn't personally going to wade through 11 pages to find out!

Misology -- It's a bitch

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 18:52 - Mar 9 with 2632 viewsSwanzay

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 15:06 - Mar 9 by jack2jack

Thanks for the reply J2J, I've tried updating the drivers (running latest), adjusting the power balances and time outs, run the trouble shooter, it recognises there is a fault, but is unable to provide a solution...
Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 19:02 - Mar 9 with 2626 viewsjack2jack

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 18:52 - Mar 9 by Swanzay

Thanks for the reply J2J, I've tried updating the drivers (running latest), adjusting the power balances and time outs, run the trouble shooter, it recognises there is a fault, but is unable to provide a solution...

Oh ok, when we switched to W10, we didn't experience this problem.
Probably a case of trawling round the Net, see if anyone else has had the problem.
Sorry mate.👍
Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 19:44 - Mar 9 with 2608 viewsSwanzay

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 19:02 - Mar 9 by jack2jack

Oh ok, when we switched to W10, we didn't experience this problem.
Probably a case of trawling round the Net, see if anyone else has had the problem.
Sorry mate.👍

No worries, thanks for your input, it certainly seems to be a recognised issue, just don't understand why Microsoft haven't provide a patch, to resolve.

Thanks again!
Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 10:54 - Mar 13 with 2453 viewsSTID2017

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 11:45 - Mar 9 by Shaky

What nonsense.

I had loads of problems with Windows 10.
So much so I dropped back to 8.1 on my laptop and Windows 7 Professional on my Desktop.
Only problems I had with losing wifi since were caused by Virgin and have largely been resolved.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 12:11 - Mar 13 with 2431 viewsShaky

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 10:54 - Mar 13 by STID2017

I had loads of problems with Windows 10.
So much so I dropped back to 8.1 on my laptop and Windows 7 Professional on my Desktop.
Only problems I had with losing wifi since were caused by Virgin and have largely been resolved.

There have been times when microsoft has rightly been heavily criticised for releasing operating systems that were just not ready, for example Vista or Windows 8.

But windows 10 is not in that category. It is fast, flexible and stable. If there is something not working for you or anybody else it is almost certainly a configuration issue. And if you downgrade to another OS you lock yourself out of microsoft's chosen future path. No smart.

I am >95% Swanzeay's problem is configuration related. But if he is so desperate he is considering downgrading, i would instead strongly urge to try a system refresh, to get a pristine installation.

I did that on my ultraportable/tablet convertible recently and it now runs like a dream.

Just remembe to back up any data and uninstall any paid for software first.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 22:21 - Mar 13 with 2353 viewsSwanzay

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 12:11 - Mar 13 by Shaky

There have been times when microsoft has rightly been heavily criticised for releasing operating systems that were just not ready, for example Vista or Windows 8.

But windows 10 is not in that category. It is fast, flexible and stable. If there is something not working for you or anybody else it is almost certainly a configuration issue. And if you downgrade to another OS you lock yourself out of microsoft's chosen future path. No smart.

I am >95% Swanzeay's problem is configuration related. But if he is so desperate he is considering downgrading, i would instead strongly urge to try a system refresh, to get a pristine installation.

I did that on my ultraportable/tablet convertible recently and it now runs like a dream.

Just remembe to back up any data and uninstall any paid for software first.

Hi Shaky

I not considering downgrading, just searching for a resolution, I had to restart about 10 mins ago, but thankfully that was only the 2nd time today...

So a good day!
Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 11:07 - Mar 14 with 2303 viewsShaky

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 22:21 - Mar 13 by Swanzay

Hi Shaky

I not considering downgrading, just searching for a resolution, I had to restart about 10 mins ago, but thankfully that was only the 2nd time today...

So a good day!

Good news.

You should consider a clean install or system refresh or whatever it's called though, especially if you got got Windows 10 via an upgrade from an earlier operating system.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Windows 10 dropping Wifi on 11:09 - Mar 14 with 2300 viewsLord_Bony

I cannot get Windows 10 to sleep.

Win 7 was easy.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024