Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? 16:58 - Mar 11 with 9150 viewsSwanseaman

I've checked the video footage and it seems to show clearly that the ball was Ayew's. He had the ball at the start. He was going with the ball that was his. It was Jonathan Hogg who decided to charge in and make the dangerous challenge.

Is it right that when a player is running with the ball as Ayew was, that a defender can charge into him with his studs up? Hogg must have realized it would be a dangerous tackle, but he went in there. Ayew was just going with the ball, no intent on any type of foul at all..

here are the video grabs: You can open the images up in a new window for full size..

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:03 - Mar 11 with 4764 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gives a different perspective fair play.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:07 - Mar 11 with 4731 viewsSwanjaxs

Chwarae Teg mate 👏

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:07 - Mar 11 with 4723 viewsAmbergambler

Interesting. I think it's worth an appeal. Wouldn't matter so much if Ayew weren't so important to us.
Doesn't an appeal have to be lodged by the next day?
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:11 - Mar 11 with 4683 viewsairedale

George Davis is innocent.
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:11 - Mar 11 with 4683 viewsjasper_T

"No intent on fouling" doesn't matter for dangerous play.
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:11 - Mar 11 with 4682 viewssainthelens

Excellent Op, but just can't see em overturning it. Tho the tackle on Ki should have been red, doesn't really help us now.
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:13 - Mar 11 with 4672 viewsSwanjaxs

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:07 - Mar 11 by Ambergambler

Interesting. I think it's worth an appeal. Wouldn't matter so much if Ayew weren't so important to us.
Doesn't an appeal have to be lodged by the next day?

1pm the next working day according to this...
https://playtheadvantage.com/2014/02/06/what-a-red-card-appeal-really-means-part
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 17:14]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:13 - Mar 11 with 4669 viewsWarwickHunt

Penultimate frame has Ayew's foot in contact with the ball and Hogg's foot higher and in (or almost) contact with Ayew's knee/thigh.
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:15 - Mar 11 with 4642 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

A 'wrecklass' challenge...sounds like something Stan Collymore would do.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:16 - Mar 11 with 4629 viewsCooperman

Genuine question, I don’t know the answer - could the ref have sent both off? I assume the answer to be ‘no’ on the basis that one of the two is the first to commit the foul, even in a split second scenario.

The ref didn’t have the benefit of VAR and image stills. Instead his real time view was of exposed studs connecting with the opposition players knee.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:27 - Mar 11 with 4560 viewsJack_Kass

I'm honestly not trying to be rude, but you've wasted a lot of time and thought with that, because it's all utterly irrelevant to the decision.

The foul will be marked under SFP, this is what the committee would look at and judge if it was the right call, none of these other Colombo like theories.

Since the very definition of SFP is to lunge into a challenge, while endangering the safety of an opponent, do you think that it's got much hope of being over turned? Can you really argue that a higher power made Ayew leave the ground to challenge for the ball.

It's as simple as that, was it or was it not SFP? as the ref has recorded it, look up the definition and argue that if you wish, but all the rest of this investigative stuff is getting ridiculous.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 17:29]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:47 - Mar 11 with 4463 viewsAmbergambler

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:27 - Mar 11 by Jack_Kass

I'm honestly not trying to be rude, but you've wasted a lot of time and thought with that, because it's all utterly irrelevant to the decision.

The foul will be marked under SFP, this is what the committee would look at and judge if it was the right call, none of these other Colombo like theories.

Since the very definition of SFP is to lunge into a challenge, while endangering the safety of an opponent, do you think that it's got much hope of being over turned? Can you really argue that a higher power made Ayew leave the ground to challenge for the ball.

It's as simple as that, was it or was it not SFP? as the ref has recorded it, look up the definition and argue that if you wish, but all the rest of this investigative stuff is getting ridiculous.

Rein your neck in!

This is an intelligent contribution to the discussion.

Thank you Swanseaman for taking the trouble.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 18:04]
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:58 - Mar 11 with 4408 viewsJack_Kass

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:16 - Mar 11 by Cooperman

Genuine question, I don’t know the answer - could the ref have sent both off? I assume the answer to be ‘no’ on the basis that one of the two is the first to commit the foul, even in a split second scenario.

The ref didn’t have the benefit of VAR and image stills. Instead his real time view was of exposed studs connecting with the opposition players knee.

He could have yes, if Oliver had deemed them both to be equal in severity, he could have given a straight red to both with a dropped ball restart. Very brave to come to that conclusion though in the context of Serious Foul Play, more likely to see it if both players were deemed to be guilty of violent conduct I.e swinging kicks/punches at one another. This was an attempt to challenge for the ball, and he had to deem one as worse than the other.

I think the fact that he doesn't rush in and brandish the red straight away to Ayew says a lot as well, he's looking at reactions to try and gauge an understanding, Ayew gets up before Hogg, and generally comes out of it looking like the perpetrator.

Also don't know what influence the fourth official has had on it.

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:05 - Mar 11 with 4355 viewsJack_Kass

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:47 - Mar 11 by Ambergambler

Rein your neck in!

This is an intelligent contribution to the discussion.

Thank you Swanseaman for taking the trouble.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 18:04]

I don't see much intelligence and understanding of how these things operate, I'm afraid.

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:10 - Mar 11 with 4325 viewsandrew

not sure if it’s just me, but the foot that caused the injury to the left leg was clearly deflected off the right leg? The red has clearly gone by the foot connecting with the left leg, which to me seems to be a huge misfortune.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:13 - Mar 11 with 4311 viewsCooperman

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:58 - Mar 11 by Jack_Kass

He could have yes, if Oliver had deemed them both to be equal in severity, he could have given a straight red to both with a dropped ball restart. Very brave to come to that conclusion though in the context of Serious Foul Play, more likely to see it if both players were deemed to be guilty of violent conduct I.e swinging kicks/punches at one another. This was an attempt to challenge for the ball, and he had to deem one as worse than the other.

I think the fact that he doesn't rush in and brandish the red straight away to Ayew says a lot as well, he's looking at reactions to try and gauge an understanding, Ayew gets up before Hogg, and generally comes out of it looking like the perpetrator.

Also don't know what influence the fourth official has had on it.

Thanks for answering the question.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:25 - Mar 11 with 4255 viewsSwanseaman

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:27 - Mar 11 by Jack_Kass

I just wanted to know if it would help an appeal or not (that's if the club has made an appeal).

What I think could be argued is that Ayew, did not go 'into a challenge' at all (as you have said). And that's the point I'm making. It was Hogg who made the challenge, he came charging in and was wreckless.

Ayew already had the ball, he is running with the ball, it is 'his ball' as I see it. He hasn't made a challenge to take the ball off anyone, all he has actually done is gone to kick the ball.

If Hogg hadn't charged in there would have been no danger.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 18:27]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:31 - Mar 11 with 4212 viewsGroo

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:11 - Mar 11 by sainthelens

Excellent Op, but just can't see em overturning it. Tho the tackle on Ki should have been red, doesn't really help us now.

Not sure it doesn't, the crime was the same so the argument here is if tackle two is not a red which is the same as tackle one, why was tackle one a red?

Groo does what Groo does best

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:35 - Mar 11 with 4184 viewsJack_Kass

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:25 - Mar 11 by Swanseaman

I just wanted to know if it would help an appeal or not (that's if the club has made an appeal).

What I think could be argued is that Ayew, did not go 'into a challenge' at all (as you have said). And that's the point I'm making. It was Hogg who made the challenge, he came charging in and was wreckless.

Ayew already had the ball, he is running with the ball, it is 'his ball' as I see it. He hasn't made a challenge to take the ball off anyone, all he has actually done is gone to kick the ball.

If Hogg hadn't charged in there would have been no danger.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 18:27]

Well I guess your interpretation is different to mine, as Ayew has lost control and most certainly not in possession, he then leaves the ground at speed, and from distance, to regain possession of the ball, lunging in with a straight leg, this is what he has been sent off for, the contact is irrelevant, he could have broken Hogg in half, he could have missed him completely, it doesn't change anything.

Sadly the 'if he didn't do x, then y wouldn't have happened' argument doesn't stand up in a game where two teams are permitted to challenge for possession.

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:38 - Mar 11 with 4159 viewsAmbergambler

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:05 - Mar 11 by Jack_Kass

I don't see much intelligence and understanding of how these things operate, I'm afraid.

I don't see much intelligence and understanding in your comment I'm afraid, which I found very patronising.
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:44 - Mar 11 with 4114 viewstheloneranger

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:11 - Mar 11 by airedale

George Davis is innocent.

Don't start, or we'll have people digging up the Liberty pitch 😂😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:45 - Mar 11 with 4100 viewsSwanseaman

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:35 - Mar 11 by Jack_Kass

Well I guess your interpretation is different to mine, as Ayew has lost control and most certainly not in possession, he then leaves the ground at speed, and from distance, to regain possession of the ball, lunging in with a straight leg, this is what he has been sent off for, the contact is irrelevant, he could have broken Hogg in half, he could have missed him completely, it doesn't change anything.

Sadly the 'if he didn't do x, then y wouldn't have happened' argument doesn't stand up in a game where two teams are permitted to challenge for possession.

It was Ayew's ball as in the pic below.

I agree he lost possession, but only slightly. He was running with the ball and went to kick it, that's my interpretation of it, that's what I can see has happened.

He didn't go 'lunging in with a straight leg' where did you get that one from? He went to kick the ball, that's for sure.

I don't think any other footballer in his position would not have done the same. There was no intent to make a reckless dangerous tackle from Ayew. Does 'no intent' count for anything?

[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 18:47]

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:48 - Mar 11 with 4079 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:31 - Mar 11 by Groo

Not sure it doesn't, the crime was the same so the argument here is if tackle two is not a red which is the same as tackle one, why was tackle one a red?

Why not ask the question, indeed .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:50 - Mar 11 with 4067 viewssketty_jack

Bollocks sorry it was not ayew’s ball ffs! Why do you say that, because he touched it last? He was not running with the ball. Accept it was a fair red.
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:52 - Mar 11 with 4054 viewsAmbergambler

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:48 - Mar 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Why not ask the question, indeed .

Exactly. Doesn't cost much and what's to lose, they can only say no. At least we'll have tried.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024