Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles 21:15 - Mar 11 with 21912 viewsTheResurrection

I see there's been an update of sorts here...

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/meet-the-trust-board/

The ones they've got up already you can't help feel at the end of reading their profile shouting FAIL!!

Look forward to reading Clasie's

ALAN LEWIS

Name Alan Lewis (Elected Member to 31 July 2018)

Occupation Retired Civil Servant

Current role Chairman / Membership

Why did you join the Trust Board: Joined the Trust as a member in 2001 and retirement subsequently offered an opportunity to contribute more fully to the organisation hence my applying to join the Board. I was elected in 2008

What attributes/skills are you able to bring to the Board. I have a methodical approach and organisational skills which I hope have been of value to the Board. The valuable resource of ‘time’, has also been something I have been able to bring, although that is something which is an increasing challenge.

How do you feel the Trust can further develop its representation of members and the wider fan base. Positive working relationships with the Club at all levels is important as is raising the Trust profile across the wider fan base.

FAIL

RON KNUSZKA

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/ron-knuszka/

Name: Ron Knuszka (Elected Member to 31st July 2018)

Occupation: Retired — Health & Safety Officer Swansea University

Current Role: Community / Fundraising (time previously spent as Trust Chairman)

Why did you join the Trust Board : One of the ‘original’ fans that came together in setting up the Supporters Trust A firm supporter of the Trust aims and ensuring that fans continue to have a say in the running of their club.

What attributes/skills are you able to bring to the Board I possess good management and decision making skills (developed whilst serving in the Armed forces and professional background) Have a positive and realistic approach in dealing with day to day situations and long-term planning.

How do you feel that the Trust can further develop its representation of members and the wider fan base Strong belief in working closely with the club, develop and improve upon all forms of communications, look at ways of developing encouraging younger fans to become more involved with the Supporters Trust

FAIL

ANDREW MCGLASHAN

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/andrew-mcglashan/

Name Andrew McGlashan

Occupation Corporate Solicitor

Current role Co-opted Member to 31 July 2018

Why did you join the Trust Board: I feel that this is a crucial period for the Trust and I didn’t feel like I could sit back and not offer to help in any way that I could. I believe my skills and experience can help with the current negotiations the Trust finds itself in.

What attributes/skills are you able to bring to the Board. I am a corporate solicitor that qualified in 2012 and I have a lot of experience in UK and international corporate deals. As a result I have a strong background in negotiation, project management and effective communication. My experience also includes working on a large number of deals with US parties and in particular private equity / venture capitalist houses. Given the current ownership of the Swans I believe my experience can add value to the existing experience of the Trust’s board.

How do you feel the Trust can further develop its representation of members and the wider fan base. I think effective two way communication is vitally important. There needs to be increased canvassing of opinion from the fan base and also increased use of social media by the Trust to communicate with its members. During the period of 2014-2016 I wrote a number of articles on the Swans for a variety of websites. As a result I have forged a good network of Swansea writers & podcast producers who I believe can also be extremely useful in helping to increase communications between the Trust and its members.

FAIL

RHYS THOMAS

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/rhys-thomas/

Name Rhys Thomas ( Co-Opted member to 31 July 2018)

Occupation Electrical Contractor

Current role Social media/marketing

Why did you join the Trust Board: Joined the Trust as a co-opted member in 2017 specifically to assist with the social media. I was frustrated with the way the Trust was communicating via social media so threw my hat into the ring rather than stand by and watch the board struggle.

What attributes/skills are you able to bring to the Board. I have a creative yet logical mind that I feel is best applied to strategy, systems and problem-solving. My entrepreneurial mind-set is something I feel is of good value to the Board. I am the youngest member of the board and I feel that I am able to bring a different perspective to the board.

How do you feel the Trust can further develop its representation of members and the wider fan base. Positive working relationships with the Club at all levels is important. Using new and emerging technology to reach, communicate and bring value to members and potential members is critical.

FAIL
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 21:21]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 06:09 - Mar 17 with 2194 viewsSTID2017

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 20:33 - Mar 16 by Phil_S

Outrageous

I am totally outraged

If you are outraged, imagining how The Res and his sidekick Neathie feel !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:40 - Mar 17 with 2135 viewsPhil_S

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 06:09 - Mar 17 by STID2017

If you are outraged, imagining how The Res and his sidekick Neathie feel !

From what I read yesterday they are all the same person anyway

Has anyone ever seen them in the same room together?
The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 22:10 - Mar 17 with 2056 viewsQJumpingJack

To improve communication, why don't the Trust board take in turns to write an article in the programme & it can be duplicated on the Trust & official Swans site.
The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 22:35 - Mar 17 with 2037 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 22:10 - Mar 17 by QJumpingJack

To improve communication, why don't the Trust board take in turns to write an article in the programme & it can be duplicated on the Trust & official Swans site.

It’d probably take months to agree.

Poll: Tory leader

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 22:53 - Mar 17 with 2020 viewsswancity

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 22:35 - Mar 17 by exiledclaseboy

It’d probably take months to agree.

And full of shyte

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 22:56 - Mar 17 with 2014 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 22:53 - Mar 17 by swancity

And full of shyte

Probably

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 23:14 - Mar 17 with 1994 viewsswancity

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 22:56 - Mar 17 by exiledclaseboy

Probably

Definitely.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 08:56 - Mar 18 with 1928 viewsPhil_S

Do we have an official verdict on the ECB profile yet ??
Login to get fewer ads

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:58 - Mar 18 with 1891 viewsJackfath

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 08:56 - Mar 18 by Phil_S

I think he looks dreamy in his pic.

I'd also urge all to click on his profile several times so that when the trust bod reports back on the page views for the social media outlets, they report a huge spike on A Cude's page.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 10:00]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:55 - Mar 18 with 1851 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 08:56 - Mar 18 by Phil_S

It was already a massive FAIL before he started

3 months past deadline isn't on

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 12:01 - Mar 18 with 1835 viewsTheResurrection

The statement is good, but not unless he's able to act on it.

Cude, what is both the email addresses of the two Viv 's please ?

I want to ask them why they're taking the piss out of us and still have not updated their profiles.

Cheers

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 12:04 - Mar 18 with 1827 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 12:01 - Mar 18 by TheResurrection

The statement is good, but not unless he's able to act on it.

Cude, what is both the email addresses of the two Viv 's please ?

I want to ask them why they're taking the piss out of us and still have not updated their profiles.

Cheers

It’s not for me to give out their personal email details, not sure if they have “official” Swans Trust addresses.

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 12:11 - Mar 18 with 1818 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 12:04 - Mar 18 by exiledclaseboy

It’s not for me to give out their personal email details, not sure if they have “official” Swans Trust addresses.

I want their Trust email addresses. Can you get them please?

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 12:14 - Mar 18 with 1815 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 12:11 - Mar 18 by TheResurrection

I don’t know if they have them or if they’re active. I don’t think either are particularly prolific with emails. Your best bet is to go through the contact form on the website. Or perhaps email Nigel and ask him to pass on your query.

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 18:36 - Mar 18 with 1710 viewsQJumpingJack

Do the Trust have a Comms strategy in increasing awareness of the organisation?

Local media - regular briefings with Evening Post / Swansea Sound / Bay TV / BBC Wales/ ITV Wales?

National media - David Conn / Ben Rumsby - journalists who have/ would take an interest in the issues surrounding The Trust. Invite TV companies to do a feature on the great work of the Trust since 2002.

Official website - can the group have better presence than just this? They have a 21% stake so should be able to push to have front page coverage on a regular basis.
https://www.swanseacity.com/supporterstrust
Maybe a weekly update on all the good work being done for the fans/community.

Matchday programme - this is a simple/cheap quick win. A page from the Supporters Director in every home game (copy and pasted on the official website/Swans Trust site).

Fan Forums - hold regular meetings throughout South Wales and other areas the night before an away game eg Manchester before City away. London use to hold 1-2 meetings a year which always well attended. Maybe hold one in America when we next tour?
Plenty of Americans turned up for Jack To A King so should be easy to replicate.
It feels that meetings have been arranged recently around Trust-Club relationship, but forums for the next 12 months should be placed in the diary now and advertised.

Social media -
Facebook - 2,386 follow the official page which updates occasionally with official releases. How can this number be bigger?
Facebook group over 11,000 members but little conversation about the Trust itself - just Swans chat.
Twitter - over 7,000 followers. Quite impressive but few very updates.

Is it worth creating a YouTube channel - where board members and members give updates / highlight the good work being done.

When we first moved into the new stadium, I am sure season ticket holders automatically became Trust members. Can this be revisited?

These are just ideas. Some will cost. Some may not work, but it would be good to get more regular updates which are not just minutes from meetings, or press releases reacting to the actions of the Swans board.
The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 18:55 - Mar 18 with 1684 viewsJackfath

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 18:36 - Mar 18 by QJumpingJack

Do the Trust have a Comms strategy in increasing awareness of the organisation?

Local media - regular briefings with Evening Post / Swansea Sound / Bay TV / BBC Wales/ ITV Wales?

National media - David Conn / Ben Rumsby - journalists who have/ would take an interest in the issues surrounding The Trust. Invite TV companies to do a feature on the great work of the Trust since 2002.

Official website - can the group have better presence than just this? They have a 21% stake so should be able to push to have front page coverage on a regular basis.
https://www.swanseacity.com/supporterstrust
Maybe a weekly update on all the good work being done for the fans/community.

Matchday programme - this is a simple/cheap quick win. A page from the Supporters Director in every home game (copy and pasted on the official website/Swans Trust site).

Fan Forums - hold regular meetings throughout South Wales and other areas the night before an away game eg Manchester before City away. London use to hold 1-2 meetings a year which always well attended. Maybe hold one in America when we next tour?
Plenty of Americans turned up for Jack To A King so should be easy to replicate.
It feels that meetings have been arranged recently around Trust-Club relationship, but forums for the next 12 months should be placed in the diary now and advertised.

Social media -
Facebook - 2,386 follow the official page which updates occasionally with official releases. How can this number be bigger?
Facebook group over 11,000 members but little conversation about the Trust itself - just Swans chat.
Twitter - over 7,000 followers. Quite impressive but few very updates.

Is it worth creating a YouTube channel - where board members and members give updates / highlight the good work being done.

When we first moved into the new stadium, I am sure season ticket holders automatically became Trust members. Can this be revisited?

These are just ideas. Some will cost. Some may not work, but it would be good to get more regular updates which are not just minutes from meetings, or press releases reacting to the actions of the Swans board.

Some thought provoking points.

Why don't the Trust have a section on the main SwanseaCity.com site?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 18:58 - Mar 18 with 1681 viewsQJumpingJack

The Trust should tell the club/Americans/Jenkins that they are having a Trust section on the front page. Not ask, just tell them.
The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 19:14 - Mar 18 with 1653 viewsSTID2017

Why would any sane person give you their contact details freely ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 19:27 - Mar 18 with 1631 viewsSwanzay

You had a fantastic opportunity to stand for election and many would have voted for you, including me. It seems to many on here purposefully bolluxed it up, yet now you are trying to ask questions which you would have been able to gain inside knowledge too, had you stopped ponsing around and actually stood.

Simply why not actually put yourself forward next time the opportunity arises for real.
The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 19:30 - Mar 18 with 1624 viewsQJumpingJack

The fact that "Meet The Board" has been updated in the last week is a news event and should be posted across the social media sites and Trust official site - front page.

There is little point in updating if it is not going to be communicated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024