Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles 21:15 - Mar 11 with 21978 viewsTheResurrection

I see there's been an update of sorts here...

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/meet-the-trust-board/

The ones they've got up already you can't help feel at the end of reading their profile shouting FAIL!!

Look forward to reading Clasie's

ALAN LEWIS

Name Alan Lewis (Elected Member to 31 July 2018)

Occupation Retired Civil Servant

Current role Chairman / Membership

Why did you join the Trust Board: Joined the Trust as a member in 2001 and retirement subsequently offered an opportunity to contribute more fully to the organisation hence my applying to join the Board. I was elected in 2008

What attributes/skills are you able to bring to the Board. I have a methodical approach and organisational skills which I hope have been of value to the Board. The valuable resource of ‘time’, has also been something I have been able to bring, although that is something which is an increasing challenge.

How do you feel the Trust can further develop its representation of members and the wider fan base. Positive working relationships with the Club at all levels is important as is raising the Trust profile across the wider fan base.

FAIL

RON KNUSZKA

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/ron-knuszka/

Name: Ron Knuszka (Elected Member to 31st July 2018)

Occupation: Retired — Health & Safety Officer Swansea University

Current Role: Community / Fundraising (time previously spent as Trust Chairman)

Why did you join the Trust Board : One of the ‘original’ fans that came together in setting up the Supporters Trust A firm supporter of the Trust aims and ensuring that fans continue to have a say in the running of their club.

What attributes/skills are you able to bring to the Board I possess good management and decision making skills (developed whilst serving in the Armed forces and professional background) Have a positive and realistic approach in dealing with day to day situations and long-term planning.

How do you feel that the Trust can further develop its representation of members and the wider fan base Strong belief in working closely with the club, develop and improve upon all forms of communications, look at ways of developing encouraging younger fans to become more involved with the Supporters Trust

FAIL

ANDREW MCGLASHAN

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/andrew-mcglashan/

Name Andrew McGlashan

Occupation Corporate Solicitor

Current role Co-opted Member to 31 July 2018

Why did you join the Trust Board: I feel that this is a crucial period for the Trust and I didn’t feel like I could sit back and not offer to help in any way that I could. I believe my skills and experience can help with the current negotiations the Trust finds itself in.

What attributes/skills are you able to bring to the Board. I am a corporate solicitor that qualified in 2012 and I have a lot of experience in UK and international corporate deals. As a result I have a strong background in negotiation, project management and effective communication. My experience also includes working on a large number of deals with US parties and in particular private equity / venture capitalist houses. Given the current ownership of the Swans I believe my experience can add value to the existing experience of the Trust’s board.

How do you feel the Trust can further develop its representation of members and the wider fan base. I think effective two way communication is vitally important. There needs to be increased canvassing of opinion from the fan base and also increased use of social media by the Trust to communicate with its members. During the period of 2014-2016 I wrote a number of articles on the Swans for a variety of websites. As a result I have forged a good network of Swansea writers & podcast producers who I believe can also be extremely useful in helping to increase communications between the Trust and its members.

FAIL

RHYS THOMAS

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/rhys-thomas/

Name Rhys Thomas ( Co-Opted member to 31 July 2018)

Occupation Electrical Contractor

Current role Social media/marketing

Why did you join the Trust Board: Joined the Trust as a co-opted member in 2017 specifically to assist with the social media. I was frustrated with the way the Trust was communicating via social media so threw my hat into the ring rather than stand by and watch the board struggle.

What attributes/skills are you able to bring to the Board. I have a creative yet logical mind that I feel is best applied to strategy, systems and problem-solving. My entrepreneurial mind-set is something I feel is of good value to the Board. I am the youngest member of the board and I feel that I am able to bring a different perspective to the board.

How do you feel the Trust can further develop its representation of members and the wider fan base. Positive working relationships with the Club at all levels is important. Using new and emerging technology to reach, communicate and bring value to members and potential members is critical.

FAIL
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 21:21]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:17 - Mar 12 with 1774 viewsE20Jack

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:03 - Mar 12 by exiledclaseboy

I can assure you that the lack of my profile is nothing to do with my good chum Chris. I’d simply forgotten all about it until this thread.

OK. Just referring to you saying "no" to him requesting you also do one. If it was in jest then I apologise, hard to tell on this intetweb.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:39 - Mar 12 with 1734 viewsQJumpingJack

For those who have taken the time to supply their pen pics and profile - thank you.

It is a shame that the "Meet The Board" page was not updated all at the same time. Uploading info in dribs and drabs looks messy. It is also very inconsistent. I can't think of many companies where certain members of a board have their info up, and others don't.

Once the page has been completed with all profiles, the Trust should email all its members to notify them that this info which has been requested is now available ie try and turn this into a PR positive.
The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:47 - Mar 12 with 1723 viewsPhil_S

Quite a few of the profiles have been given a FAIL rating by posters

Given that there are quite a few board members still to update perhaps those that are FAILING would like to indicate what these guys should include to ensure a PASS
The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:49 - Mar 12 with 1718 viewsLord_Bony

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 21:34 - Mar 11 by PozuelosSideys

As much hard work and dedication as these individuals surely put in, i now know exactly why the Americans dont give one solitary fck about listening to the Trust. There is absolutely zero there to even make them think twice - the experience or intellectual nouse is missing from the Trust utterly.

No offence to the individuals, but they could do with some help from people who come from a similar world to the Yanks and who have played similar games.

Absolutely....pussy cats.

The yanks can do whatever they like and the chairman and secretary will "look into it if it's a problem" after it's been done. Just like looking at the new lease AFTER it was signed off. Why did not they INSIST on looking at it during negotiations?

Let's hope our new members can keep an eye on the ball and stop us getting screwed over again.

Prevention is better than cure.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:52 - Mar 12 with 1707 viewsmax936

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:39 - Mar 12 by QJumpingJack

For those who have taken the time to supply their pen pics and profile - thank you.

It is a shame that the "Meet The Board" page was not updated all at the same time. Uploading info in dribs and drabs looks messy. It is also very inconsistent. I can't think of many companies where certain members of a board have their info up, and others don't.

Once the page has been completed with all profiles, the Trust should email all its members to notify them that this info which has been requested is now available ie try and turn this into a PR positive.

I still cannot bring myself to renew my membership I can see no pint in doing so and nothing I've seen or read has convinced me otherwise, they need to make a combined statement about the Trusts intentions and give us some clarity on the present situations, instead of being the gutless articles that they seem to be.
We.ve heard nothing at all from the Supporters Director or the Chairman its a joke.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:56 - Mar 12 with 1696 viewsPhil_S

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:52 - Mar 12 by max936

I still cannot bring myself to renew my membership I can see no pint in doing so and nothing I've seen or read has convinced me otherwise, they need to make a combined statement about the Trusts intentions and give us some clarity on the present situations, instead of being the gutless articles that they seem to be.
We.ve heard nothing at all from the Supporters Director or the Chairman its a joke.

And you wonder why Darran always refers to you drinking?
The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:59 - Mar 12 with 1692 viewsunion_jack

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:52 - Mar 12 by max936

It's all about the beer then Max.

A free pint and you'd rejoin?🤣

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 10:00 - Mar 12 with 1692 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:03 - Mar 12 by exiledclaseboy

I can assure you that the lack of my profile is nothing to do with my good chum Chris. I’d simply forgotten all about it until this thread.

Forgotten??

Alarm bells....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 10:01 - Mar 12 with 1687 viewsSwanno

'What attributes/skills are you able to bring to the Board. I have a methodical approach and organisational skills which I hope have been of value to the Board. The valuable resource of ‘time’, has also been something I have been able to bring, although that is something which is an increasing challenge. '

Am I missing something here? Or is he basically saying that an attribute he brings to the board is his 'time' and even that is something that he is struggling to do??

Is that really a skill/attribute?
The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 10:18 - Mar 12 with 1657 viewsLord_Bony

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:56 - Mar 12 by Phil_S

A great "Freudian Slip".

He can't stop thinking about it mun.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 10:32 - Mar 12 with 1622 viewsDarran

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:56 - Mar 12 by Phil_S

I rest my case.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 10:45 - Mar 12 with 1594 viewsMoscowJack

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:10 - Mar 12 by swancity

The one thing you had to remember to do regarding the Trust and you forgot? Forgive for saying this but in that case it hardly installs any confidence that you'll be prepared to do anything of note to improve things if you can't get a simple thing like that done.

I have to agree with this, in part.

I agree that ECB seems to be one of the few modern and forward-thinking people on the Trust Board but I wish he'd take this seriously. If he can't be bothered, what does that say to all the other Board Members?

The fact that the Trust Board (including the secretary, of course) can't even get the simplest of things done properly doesn't exactly fill us with much confidence, does it?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 10:50 - Mar 12 with 1587 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 09:47 - Mar 12 by Phil_S

Quite a few of the profiles have been given a FAIL rating by posters

Given that there are quite a few board members still to update perhaps those that are FAILING would like to indicate what these guys should include to ensure a PASS

Let's put this back to you. You've read their profiles and key statements within them. What's your assessment of each one.

Do you read them and think, yep, I can see that's been done, yeah, you nailed that too!!?

Or do you read them and think WTF!!?

It seems Andrew Cude, for one, is more interested in petty revenge attacks on here than getting stuck into the task he put himself forward for. All I've seen him do so far is moan about being on the Board and that he's thinking of packing it in. Why on earth did he apply??

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 10:55 - Mar 12 with 1574 viewsDarran

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 10:50 - Mar 12 by TheResurrection

Let's put this back to you. You've read their profiles and key statements within them. What's your assessment of each one.

Do you read them and think, yep, I can see that's been done, yeah, you nailed that too!!?

It seems Andrew Cude, for one, is more interested in petty revenge attacks on here than getting stuck into the task he put himself forward for. All I've seen him do so far is moan about being on the Board and that he's thinking of packing it in. Why on earth did he apply??

Well far from me to stick up for my Friend Andrew Cude but I know for a fact he’s had a lot on his mind this last couple of weeks again and that’s a FACT but some people are just total çunts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:19 - Mar 12 with 1531 viewsPhil_S

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 10:50 - Mar 12 by TheResurrection

Honestly I am of the belief that actions speak louder than words - the questions asked are answered in the way that the question probably dictates they would be

I'm not sure that any answers to the questions would lead you to give a PASS
The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:21 - Mar 12 with 1527 viewsMoscowJack

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 10:55 - Mar 12 by Darran

Well far from me to stick up for my Friend Andrew Cude but I know for a fact he’s had a lot on his mind this last couple of weeks again and that’s a FACT but some people are just total çunts.

Lots of people have lots going on and lots of it is also unexpected or more important than filling out some 'pen pics', which is why it would have been better for the Trust secretary to have reminded everyone of their responsibilities and possibly given them all a deadline to get them done.

Of course there could have been exceptions but a fixed date for ALL (not just a few) of the pen pics to be uploaded at the same time makes sense to me.

Personally, I didn't think the pen pics above were that bad, but can understand others wanted a bit more fat on the bone and some real info, not just "I have time to offer" as time is useless unless the time is used wisely!

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:23 - Mar 12 with 1516 viewsPhil_S

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:21 - Mar 12 by MoscowJack

Lots of people have lots going on and lots of it is also unexpected or more important than filling out some 'pen pics', which is why it would have been better for the Trust secretary to have reminded everyone of their responsibilities and possibly given them all a deadline to get them done.

Of course there could have been exceptions but a fixed date for ALL (not just a few) of the pen pics to be uploaded at the same time makes sense to me.

Personally, I didn't think the pen pics above were that bad, but can understand others wanted a bit more fat on the bone and some real info, not just "I have time to offer" as time is useless unless the time is used wisely!

I must admit your last sentence I could relate to - "what do you offer?" "time" is a very poor answer - what can you do with that time and why would that make you stand out from the crowd?

I tried to take my mind back when I first read them six months as to how I would answer but then decided I'd turn over and watch the golf instead..!
The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:23 - Mar 12 with 1515 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 10:55 - Mar 12 by Darran

And those kunts would be who?

And a lot on his plate? How would anyone know that?

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:26 - Mar 12 with 1502 viewsE20Jack

They don't actually say a lot though do they let's be honest here.

The main thing we want to know is what they see the future of the Trust is and their stance on the deal offered. Just seems a load of pointless bumf to me. They don't actually say anything.

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:37 - Mar 12 with 1489 viewsMoscowJack

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:26 - Mar 12 by E20Jack

They don't actually say a lot though do they let's be honest here.

The main thing we want to know is what they see the future of the Trust is and their stance on the deal offered. Just seems a load of pointless bumf to me. They don't actually say anything.

But isn't it what we expect from the Trust? They appear to love to hand out as little information as possible, almost like a teaser, but without a juicy tease.

Given the choice of what's been done and nothing, I'd choose what's been done. At least it's a start and I'm glad the people who've done it made the effort.

The only conclusion I can make from the lack of other pen-pics is that the others don't give a sh!t, and that includes the secretary and Chairman whose jobs are surely to ensure the public promises, no matter how small, are delivered.

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:37 - Mar 12 with 1483 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:19 - Mar 12 by Phil_S

Honestly I am of the belief that actions speak louder than words - the questions asked are answered in the way that the question probably dictates they would be

I'm not sure that any answers to the questions would lead you to give a PASS

Of course they could. They would just need to stand up in meetings and make a bloody difference.

Do what they say they're going to do and if not tell us why they can't.

Not hard to get something praised.

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:43 - Mar 12 with 1470 viewsE20Jack

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:37 - Mar 12 by MoscowJack

But isn't it what we expect from the Trust? They appear to love to hand out as little information as possible, almost like a teaser, but without a juicy tease.

Given the choice of what's been done and nothing, I'd choose what's been done. At least it's a start and I'm glad the people who've done it made the effort.

The only conclusion I can make from the lack of other pen-pics is that the others don't give a sh!t, and that includes the secretary and Chairman whose jobs are surely to ensure the public promises, no matter how small, are delivered.

As an outsider to it, it seems like everyone wants to protect their position and strangely - eachothers.

There seems an awful lot of secrecy regarding personal views. Some even alluding to the fact "they won't hang anyone out to dry" by revealing it.

If you have a particular view then bloody say it. Why are you so afraid of it? If it is your opinion then surely you think it is right? Then why not stand by it and explain it.

Everyone seems terrified to put their heads above the parapet... or put anyone else's above it.

Just tiresome.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 11:50]

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:46 - Mar 12 with 1462 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:43 - Mar 12 by E20Jack

As an outsider to it, it seems like everyone wants to protect their position and strangely - eachothers.

There seems an awful lot of secrecy regarding personal views. Some even alluding to the fact "they won't hang anyone out to dry" by revealing it.

If you have a particular view then bloody say it. Why are you so afraid of it? If it is your opinion then surely you think it is right? Then why not stand by it and explain it.

Everyone seems terrified to put their heads above the parapet... or put anyone else's above it.

Just tiresome.

Exactly mate.

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:46 - Mar 12 with 1462 viewsMoscowJack

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:43 - Mar 12 by E20Jack

Just tiresome.

And it also does seem to almost back up the "tail wagging the dog" comment!

It's as if some of them are saying "why are we doing this for THEM?" !!!

The contempt that some of them have for the members is incredible and will continue unless many of them are removed during the upcoming elections. This will enable the more 'forward-thinking' to take the Trust in the direction that the members would like them to go.

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:46 - Mar 12 with 1461 viewsPhil_S

The Trust's Pen Pics and Profiles on 11:37 - Mar 12 by TheResurrection

Of course they could. They would just need to stand up in meetings and make a bloody difference.

Do what they say they're going to do and if not tell us why they can't.

Not hard to get something praised.

So the questions are the part that need changing not the answers.

You need different questions to get out those answers. These are as bland as the normal election statements, may as well ask "what do you like for your breakfast"

Change the questions, not criticise the answers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024