Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR for or agianst..? 00:16 - Mar 12 with 1214 viewsSwanseaman

With VAR the messageboards would be a lot quieter. Then again everyone would be probably posting about how much they hate VAR.

Also going by the different opinions that people can have (same as we have with the Ayew red). Whoever will be making the VAR decisions would be all arguing with each other, unless there is only 1 checking it...

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

VAR for or agianst..? on 01:17 - Mar 12 with 1204 viewsWanderer

Against 100%, it's killed the football match as a spectacle here in Australia, takes too long to deliberate, any shenanigans and everybody wants a review, boring as f**k.
Turns a 90 min match into an Oscars ceremony.
VAR for or agianst..? on 08:38 - Mar 12 with 1142 viewssainthelens

Seems and feels we are constantly shafted by officials, from a purely selfish viewpoint, I'd have it.
VAR for or agianst..? on 09:09 - Mar 12 with 1123 viewsoldcob

VAR for or agianst..? on 08:38 - Mar 12 by sainthelens

Seems and feels we are constantly shafted by officials, from a purely selfish viewpoint, I'd have it.

This.
VAR for or agianst..? on 09:21 - Mar 12 with 1110 viewsTownhill_Hilton

VAR for or agianst..? on 01:17 - Mar 12 by Wanderer

Against 100%, it's killed the football match as a spectacle here in Australia, takes too long to deliberate, any shenanigans and everybody wants a review, boring as f**k.

Worked in the NRL. Stopped the cheating refs like Eddie Ward shafting teams. But it took years to get right. Just give it time
VAR for or agianst..? (n/t) on 09:25 - Mar 12 with 1107 viewsJackSkellington

It needs a few adjustments to make it work. Firstly the replays need to be on the big screen like they are with rugby to make it clear to the fans what's going on (only obvious exceptions to this would be if someone has suffered a nasty injury as a result of the incident). This involves the crowd and it becomes part of the match experience.

Secondly, only decisions where the ref gives a penalty should be automatically checked if there's any question over what happened. If penalties/free kicks are not given or goals questioned, each team should only be allowed one VAR challenge (per half or per game I'm not sure, but it's got to be limited) and it can strictly only be requested by the captain.

Only other circumstance that springs to mind is if any official other than the ref sees an off the ball incident and the ref needs to review it. These tend to be violent/misconduct issues and need to be dealt with, but these are relatively exceptional and shouldn't slow things down too much.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 9:52]
VAR for or agianst..? on 10:19 - Mar 12 with 1065 viewsOldjack

Yes ,and it can't come soon enough ,and had we had it last Saturday two players would have been rightly sent off

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

VAR for or agianst..? on 10:26 - Mar 12 with 1062 viewsploppy

Against, purely because in my opinion it ruins the flow of the game.

Unfortunately, it means that you have to deal with obvious injustices if and when they happen without throwing your teddy down the stairs. Those injustices will sometimes be in your favour though.

I'm fine with that.
VAR for or agianst..? on 10:28 - Mar 12 with 1057 viewsploppy

VAR for or agianst..? on 08:38 - Mar 12 by sainthelens

Can you give examples of where we've been shafted by officials? I'm sure we have but I bet you teams we've played will say exactly the same.
Login to get fewer ads

VAR for or agianst..? on 10:47 - Mar 12 with 1043 viewssainthelens

VAR for or agianst..? on 10:28 - Mar 12 by ploppy

Can you give examples of where we've been shafted by officials? I'm sure we have but I bet you teams we've played will say exactly the same.

I don't have the time or finger power to type in the examples... however, the fact that you say other teams would say the same surely vindicates we should have it.
VAR for or agianst..? on 10:49 - Mar 12 with 1041 viewsoldcob

VAR for or agianst..? on 01:17 - Mar 12 by Wanderer

It's not ideal I admit. What would be ideal is honest and competent refs. Lost count of the number of times my "match day experience" has been ruined by referees mistakes. Give me the time out to get decisions right every time.
VAR for or agianst..? on 11:13 - Mar 12 with 1021 viewssquarebear

Anyone who think refs are being dishonest rather than making honest mistakes has bigger problems than anything VAR can fix.

I repeatedly read opinions that state that VAR offers a more level playing field. You WHAT? It’s actually going to tip the balance even further in the big clubs’ favour. But there are VAR fans who don’t want to hear that, so let them dream on.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 11:13]
VAR for or agianst..? on 11:23 - Mar 12 with 1006 viewssquarebear

VAR for or agianst..? on 10:19 - Mar 12 by Oldjack

Yes ,and it can't come soon enough ,and had we had it last Saturday two players would have been rightly sent off

The Ki incident - I dare say it’s been done to death elsewhere on here - but if the roles had been reversed and rather than being injured Ki had been the guy who made that challenge I’d have been outraged had he been sent off for that. In fact I bet that this place would be full of people howling in protest at the injustice of the ref’s decision. VAR can’t fix that. It’ll just be another opinion (after a five minute delay) for us to either agree or disagree with.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 11:24]
VAR for or agianst..? on 11:27 - Mar 12 with 992 viewsploppy

VAR for or agianst..? on 10:47 - Mar 12 by sainthelens

I don't have the time or finger power to type in the examples... however, the fact that you say other teams would say the same surely vindicates we should have it.

What I mean is that I've never believed we're victims because we're not top 6 or because we're Welsh. I fully believe it evens out over time. So I don't buy that side of the argument. If you want every decision to be absolutely correct then that's a different argument.
VAR for or agianst..? on 11:32 - Mar 12 with 989 viewsunion_jack

VAR for or agianst..? on 11:13 - Mar 12 by squarebear

Anyone who think refs are being dishonest rather than making honest mistakes has bigger problems than anything VAR can fix.

I repeatedly read opinions that state that VAR offers a more level playing field. You WHAT? It’s actually going to tip the balance even further in the big clubs’ favour. But there are VAR fans who don’t want to hear that, so let them dream on.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 11:13]

Picking up your first point, I'd like to think that referees go into every match with an unbiased attitude. I'm sure that's the case 99.9% of the time.

However, they are human at the end of the day so you can't tell me that a manager, crowd, individual high profile player can't sway his mind in their favour? A ref will be much more concerned about being in the spotlight getting a game changing decision wrong at OT than he would at say the Liberty or the Vitality.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024