Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No appeal against Ayew's red card 13:27 - Mar 12 with 1822 viewslegoman

"The Swans were conscious that if an appeal is deemed frivolous by the Football Association, suspensions can be extended."

I thought we all understood this potential had been dispensed with? If so, would we have come to a different decision do we think?

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 13:34 - Mar 12 with 1783 viewsJethroJack

The FA are a bunch of Muppets, but I can't see how even they could consider an appeal as frivolous? Surely, it would be worth pointing out that BOTH players should have got a red & the fact that Hogg didn't even get a yellow created a huge disadvantage for us. So, there should be a justifiable argument to have Jordan's 3 match ban reduced to 2 or even 1 game.

The decision effectively robbed us of a very good chance of getting another 2 points.
No appeal against Ayew's red card on 13:40 - Mar 12 with 1756 viewsOldjack

Right decision i'm afraid

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 13:41 - Mar 12 with 1755 viewsJack_Kass

No, one poster said it wasn't possible, and some followed with a misunderstanding of the process, It was always the case that they could add another game onto it.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 13:42 - Mar 12 with 1745 viewsJack_Kass

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 13:34 - Mar 12 by JethroJack

The FA are a bunch of Muppets, but I can't see how even they could consider an appeal as frivolous? Surely, it would be worth pointing out that BOTH players should have got a red & the fact that Hogg didn't even get a yellow created a huge disadvantage for us. So, there should be a justifiable argument to have Jordan's 3 match ban reduced to 2 or even 1 game.

The decision effectively robbed us of a very good chance of getting another 2 points.

Because the referee reported it as SFP, and that's what it was in the context of the LOTG

What could they possibly overturn?

Swansea City can only appeal for the exoneration of their own players, not the suspension of others.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 13:44]

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 14:01 - Mar 12 with 1675 viewsBytholWyn

Obviously had they appealed they would have done so on the basis that it wasn't serious foul play. Hogg's actions caused Ayew to make contact with his left knee.

The trouble with deciding on whether or not to appeal a decision is that you have to take into account the lack of professionalism and dedication to due process of the people making the decision. A bit of a spineless decision - but understandable nevertheless.
No appeal against Ayew's red card on 14:07 - Mar 12 with 1641 viewsJack_Kass

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 14:01 - Mar 12 by BytholWyn

Obviously had they appealed they would have done so on the basis that it wasn't serious foul play. Hogg's actions caused Ayew to make contact with his left knee.

The trouble with deciding on whether or not to appeal a decision is that you have to take into account the lack of professionalism and dedication to due process of the people making the decision. A bit of a spineless decision - but understandable nevertheless.

It takes a lot to be told conclusively why you're wrong, and still remain adamant to the opposite.

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 14:25 - Mar 12 with 1586 viewsTheResurrection

We were never going to appeal this. It would be stupidity.

But, we should be asking the FA to look at the incident again and for retrospective punishment to be dished out to their no mark.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 14:29 - Mar 12 with 1580 viewsSTID2017

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 14:25 - Mar 12 by TheResurrection

We were never going to appeal this. It would be stupidity.

But, we should be asking the FA to look at the incident again and for retrospective punishment to be dished out to their no mark.

When it comes to stupidity, you're the man who would know ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 14:37 - Mar 12 with 1560 viewsswan65split

I may have missed it on here, but on the facebook page there is a mention of Oliver doing a gesture towards Swans fans, any info on that?
No appeal against Ayew's red card on 14:56 - Mar 12 with 1526 viewsTheResurrection

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 14:29 - Mar 12 by STID2017

When it comes to stupidity, you're the man who would know ...

Yes..........

How's that complaint to the financial ombudsman going about that illegal site you subscribe to?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 15:40 - Mar 12 with 1472 viewsSTID2017

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 14:56 - Mar 12 by TheResurrection

Yes..........

How's that complaint to the financial ombudsman going about that illegal site you subscribe to?

Great thanks.
Had a full refund, as well as one from Wowcher for a holiday I booked and changed my mind on.
Refunds not allowed - however if you pay by Paypal you can raise dispute for services not supplied.
I never mentioned the Financial Ombudsman - yet something else from your imaginary world eh ?
How did your prediction about how much better we'd be in August / September once Gylfi and Llorente go BTW ?
As much as I feel CC is doing a great job, Swansalona football isn't quite on the horizon yet.

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 16:39 - Mar 12 with 1395 viewsTheResurrection

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 15:40 - Mar 12 by STID2017

Great thanks.
Had a full refund, as well as one from Wowcher for a holiday I booked and changed my mind on.
Refunds not allowed - however if you pay by Paypal you can raise dispute for services not supplied.
I never mentioned the Financial Ombudsman - yet something else from your imaginary world eh ?
How did your prediction about how much better we'd be in August / September once Gylfi and Llorente go BTW ?
As much as I feel CC is doing a great job, Swansalona football isn't quite on the horizon yet.

Oh but it's so much better than it was when Wardrobe and One Trick scored set pieces for us.

Surprised you've had the cheek to bring up this subject with Carlos ramming people like you and your posts down your gullet.

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 17:02 - Mar 12 with 1347 viewsSTID2017

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 16:39 - Mar 12 by TheResurrection

Oh but it's so much better than it was when Wardrobe and One Trick scored set pieces for us.

Surprised you've had the cheek to bring up this subject with Carlos ramming people like you and your posts down your gullet.

CC is head and shoulders above PC - who you supported I believe (after you supported Bobbly of course !)

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 21:59 - Mar 12 with 1136 viewsJackSomething

No appeal against Ayew's red card on 16:39 - Mar 12 by TheResurrection

In addition to Carlos possibly saving us from relegation, he's also saved you from looking even more silly than usual with your vendetta against Gylfi and Llorente and how much better we'd be without them. You must love him even more than the rest of us, not that you would admit you were wrong of course.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024