Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki 14:27 - Mar 12 with 10391 viewsKennedy

Milan is preparing to close the third zero-point purchase by a narrow turn of the post. After Pepe Reina and Ivan Strinic, the Rossoneri club is about to close with the South-Korean midfielder of Swansea Sung-Yong Ki.

ADVANCED PHASE - According to what has been learned from calciomercato.com , there is already a general agreement between Massimiliano Mirabelli and the agents of the 1989 class midfielder for a three-year period . The final white smoke could arrive in the next few weeks, with medical examinations and signature on the new contract. Ki wants only Milan, so much so that he has declined all the offers from Premier teams.

AMONG TACTICAL AND MARKETING DUCTILITY The technical and tactical qualities of Ki have long been known to the observers of the Via Aldo Rossi club . Like because it guarantees physicality, a good haul of goals and the possibility of being used in several roles. Without forgetting that it could become the first South Korean in the history of Milan, with a consequent possible new opening on that portion of the eastern market.

http://www.calciomercato.com/news/milan-discorso-molto-avanzato-per-ki-57642?utm

Just call me JFK

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 16:41 - Mar 12 with 2832 viewstheloneranger

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 16:35 - Mar 12 by Cooperman

No big loss?

We’ve probably invested £15m in Ki over the duration of his contract. Clubs like ours cannot afford to let their assets be dissolved like this.

We turned down a £7M bid from Stoke for Ki the same time as Liverpool told us to up the bid for Joey.

We turned down Stoke and the rest is history.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 16:52 - Mar 12 with 2806 viewsbringbacklaudrup

I am willing to bet that the contract will have stipulations for his wife to participate in marketing efforts and that Ki will insist on image rights.

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 16:54 - Mar 12 with 2794 viewsLandore_Jack

Ki has his critics but I think he is a valuable asset to the team. Would be a great loss.

#backtojack

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 17:09 - Mar 12 with 2756 viewsLeonWasGod

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 16:54 - Mar 12 by Landore_Jack

Ki has his critics but I think he is a valuable asset to the team. Would be a great loss.

Yeah he will be a loss. Shame we haven't seen the best (or any) of him many times over the last few years, but when he's on his game he's a very useful member of the team. I can see Andy King being his 'replacement' although they're not like for like and we'll still be a body short in there. Joey would be ideal, and isn't impossible if Stoke go down.

edit - but players other than Joey are available
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 17:16]
Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 17:10 - Mar 12 with 2747 viewsjasper_T

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 16:35 - Mar 12 by Cooperman

No big loss?

We’ve probably invested £15m in Ki over the duration of his contract. Clubs like ours cannot afford to let their assets be dissolved like this.

£15m over 6 years for a first team regular is pocket change compared to the real wastes of money we've invested in. If we can't afford that then we're in the wrong business.
Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 17:14 - Mar 12 with 2739 viewsSwanno

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 15:49 - Mar 12 by magicdaps10

My worry is that he commits to them before we are safe, will he push himself 100% if he signs a pre contract?!

In fairness, Ki never pushes himself 100%..
Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 17:18 - Mar 12 with 2723 viewsbringbacklaudrup

What let Ki down most of the time when underperforming was his woeful lack of fitness. Always seemed to tire drastically after the hour mark and often even long before that. When Shelvey was partnering him, it was a recipe for disaster, and it is one of the major reasons Monk lost so many points from winning positions while relying on that pair. When you have a tiring midfielder who is soft and unwilling to tackle or contest 50-50 balls aggressively, late game collapses are bound to happen unless the energy during the early part of matches is conserved. This is the single biggest reason Monk ditched the possession style in favor of the more defensive approach after all those late defensive collapses.

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 17:32 - Mar 12 with 2697 viewsbringbacklaudrup

Not having to pay a transfer fee for a marketing asset like the "Korean Beckham" must be attractive for a bankrupt club.

"In the black: AC Milan owner Yonghong Li declared ‘bankrupt’ with businessman’s assets to be ‘auctioned off on Chinese version of Ebay’"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5616566/ac-milan-owner-yonghong-li-bankr

"Bank Of America Tasked With Saving AC Milan"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2018/01/30/bank-of-america-tasked-with-
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 17:32]

Login to get fewer ads

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 17:45 - Mar 12 with 2671 viewsbringbacklaudrup

If you ask me, the Chinese owners are making one last-ditch effort to try to attract Korean and other Asian investors while hoping Ki's wife's broad appeal in many parts of Asia and other places in the world might also attract some deals.

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 17:45 - Mar 12 with 2669 viewsicecoldjack

Joe Allen will replace Ki if we stay up . It's the Swansea way to sign a player for close to £20m 2 seasons after we could have bought him for £10m .
Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 18:02 - Mar 12 with 2623 viewsyescomeon

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 17:09 - Mar 12 by LeonWasGod

Yeah he will be a loss. Shame we haven't seen the best (or any) of him many times over the last few years, but when he's on his game he's a very useful member of the team. I can see Andy King being his 'replacement' although they're not like for like and we'll still be a body short in there. Joey would be ideal, and isn't impossible if Stoke go down.

edit - but players other than Joey are available
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 17:16]

Allen, King and a creative no. 10 would be a nice balanced midfield if we had any aspirations of playing a 4231 again. Probably wouldn't be too bad in this system we're playing now as a straight swap for Ki. I like to think we're playing the way we are now out of necessity rather than design.

Upthecity!

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 18:19 - Mar 12 with 2600 viewsjackjackjackjack

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 17:45 - Mar 12 by icecoldjack

Joe Allen will replace Ki if we stay up . It's the Swansea way to sign a player for close to £20m 2 seasons after we could have bought him for £10m .

Joe Allen will likely score the goal that gets us relegated on the last day of the season. It's fate.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 18:38 - Mar 12 with 2564 viewsCooperman

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 17:10 - Mar 12 by jasper_T

£15m over 6 years for a first team regular is pocket change compared to the real wastes of money we've invested in. If we can't afford that then we're in the wrong business.

That’s a completely different argument, I happen to agree with your point by the way. Two wrongs certainly don’t make it right.

Our financial model relies upon us being able to sell on. Once we lose the option to do that we will fall aside very quickly.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 18:52 - Mar 12 with 2528 viewsDr_Winston

Be interesting to see how the Curva Sud reacts to him the first time he goes missing in a Milan derby.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 18:54 - Mar 12 with 2526 viewsVetchfielder

I really don't want Ki to leave, he's one of my favourite players and tries to play the style of football that I like to think we should be playing.

He's contributed to our best bits in the last few years and has also done well in our worse bits. He's played better for longer than most players for us in recent years.

Don't suppose we'll ever know whether the club did enough at the right time in order to persuade him to stay but I don't blame him for not wanting more after the team struggles of the last 3 seasons and, if he does leave, I would wish him all the best wherever he chooses to go .

Proud to have been one of the 231

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 20:39 - Mar 12 with 2446 viewsWarwickHunt

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 16:41 - Mar 12 by theloneranger

We turned down a £7M bid from Stoke for Ki the same time as Liverpool told us to up the bid for Joey.

We turned down Stoke and the rest is history.

On the bright side, we've moved a player on without still paying half his fûcking wages...
Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 21:37 - Mar 12 with 2384 viewsDafyddHuw

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 16:29 - Mar 12 by bringbacklaudrup

It's not such a big loss for Swansea. Ki's underperforming is one of the major reasons Swansea has been a perennial relegation candidate for the past 3 seasons. 10-15 good games a season doesn't justify a renewed contract. Even this past upturn in form is probably meant to get improved contractual terms with his new employers. Even at Sunderland, he didn't start playing so well until at least midway through the season, and it was Wickham who was most instrumental in their survival anyway.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Ki will be used by a Chinese-owned club for marketing in Asia while using the strategically located Italian fashion capital as the base. It seems the Chinese are often at least as interested in the spouse of the player as the player himself. Graziano Pellè's girlfriend was marketing gold far more than Pellè himself, who was little more than an underperforming striker. Since Pelle's move to China in 2016, he's only had 13 goals. But who cares if his club can cash in on his wife? Ki's megastar wife is probably the bigger attraction than Ki.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 16:31]

Wibble
Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 21:38 - Mar 12 with 2381 viewsbuilthjack

We could sign a Spaniard to replace him, for about £15m. Then let him go back on loan to Spain by Xmas. That's how it works

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 21:50 - Mar 12 with 2365 viewsItchySphincter

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 18:54 - Mar 12 by Vetchfielder

I really don't want Ki to leave, he's one of my favourite players and tries to play the style of football that I like to think we should be playing.

He's contributed to our best bits in the last few years and has also done well in our worse bits. He's played better for longer than most players for us in recent years.

Don't suppose we'll ever know whether the club did enough at the right time in order to persuade him to stay but I don't blame him for not wanting more after the team struggles of the last 3 seasons and, if he does leave, I would wish him all the best wherever he chooses to go .

Warra load of old crap.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 00:37 - Mar 13 with 2303 viewsnyc_swans

unbelievable to watch the same people going apoplectic at new contracts for dyer, routs, etc going mad over this one. Ki will be 30 next season. he's been one of the best premier league players for swans, but he only has a season or 2 left at his best.

i wish him well. been a joy to watch at times, but think the midfield will need some major re-tooling in the summer.
Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 01:09 - Mar 13 with 2287 viewsdameedna

Well suited to italian football and about time he treated his missus. Well deserved and good luck.
Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 07:31 - Mar 13 with 2204 viewsawayjack

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 17:18 - Mar 12 by bringbacklaudrup

What let Ki down most of the time when underperforming was his woeful lack of fitness. Always seemed to tire drastically after the hour mark and often even long before that. When Shelvey was partnering him, it was a recipe for disaster, and it is one of the major reasons Monk lost so many points from winning positions while relying on that pair. When you have a tiring midfielder who is soft and unwilling to tackle or contest 50-50 balls aggressively, late game collapses are bound to happen unless the energy during the early part of matches is conserved. This is the single biggest reason Monk ditched the possession style in favor of the more defensive approach after all those late defensive collapses.

Wow so Ki is the reason Monk ditched our passing style. Incredible logic.
Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 07:42 - Mar 13 with 2181 viewsWarwickHunt

Milan in advanced talks to sign Ki on 21:38 - Mar 12 by builthjack

We could sign a Spaniard to replace him, for about £15m. Then let him go back on loan to Spain by Xmas. That's how it works

...and pay half his wages and sell him for £6m a year later.

#geniusJenkins
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024