Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK 17:20 - Mar 12 with 62892 viewswestwalesed

Extraordinary statement by Mrs May and also quite scary.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43377856

She has essentially said that the Russian Government is "highly likely" to have carried out a Chemical Attack on the United Kingdom, using a "military grade nerve agent" developed by the Russian Military and threatening hundreds of British Citizens. This is incredibly worrying.

On another note, Mr Corbyn in his response attempted to conflate donations from Russian Oligarchs to the Conservative Party with this act. Disgraceful.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 17:22]

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:40 - Mar 26 with 3892 viewstrampie

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:32 - Mar 26 by Humpty

LW did say she didn't trust May on the Russia thing because she doesn't trust the Tories on anything.

I think that's pathetic, childish language from a politician about something that's actually very serious

Due to that, I think she's a f*cking idiot.

Clear enough I hope.

I don't trust them on anything either, I take it from that that you do trust them on everything then Humpty ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:43 - Mar 26 with 3885 viewsHumpty

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:40 - Mar 26 by trampie

I don't trust them on anything either, I take it from that that you do trust them on everything then Humpty ?

Not at all. That would be silly.

As is automatically disbelieving everything they say, just because they're Tories.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:49 - Mar 26 with 3880 viewstrampie

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:43 - Mar 26 by Humpty

As is automatically disbelieving everything they say, just because they're Tories.

So certain things you believe and certain things you don't believe that come from the Tories.

It must be a complicated thought process how you decide when to believe them and when not to believe them.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 21:09 - Mar 26 with 3849 viewsKilkennyjack

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:43 - Mar 26 by Humpty

Being on the same side as May, Boris, idiot Davis, Hunt, Gove, Mogg, and Fanny-arage on any political topic is reason enough for a double take.

Toxic political pigmies all, who are deliberately and willfully taking the UK to a place that has made the Country a joke on the world stage. Just like the Trump.

The hard evidence of this chemical attack needs to be independently verified, and if it has been then fine. Until then ....?

Beware of the Risen People

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 21:50 - Mar 26 with 3823 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 21:09 - Mar 26 by Kilkennyjack

Being on the same side as May, Boris, idiot Davis, Hunt, Gove, Mogg, and Fanny-arage on any political topic is reason enough for a double take.

Toxic political pigmies all, who are deliberately and willfully taking the UK to a place that has made the Country a joke on the world stage. Just like the Trump.

The hard evidence of this chemical attack needs to be independently verified, and if it has been then fine. Until then ....?

You disagree with Ireland's stance and assessment then? And the other 21 countries or so that have now taken action?

People need to leave aside their hatred of the Tories and have a look at exactly who it is that they're believing.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 22:40 - Mar 26 with 3783 viewstrampie

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 22:53 - Mar 26 with 3769 viewsLohengrin

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 22:40 - Mar 26 by trampie

The red fireman?

‘kin Hell mun, Tramp!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 23:32 - Mar 26 with 3734 viewsKilkennyjack

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 21:50 - Mar 26 by londonlisa2001

You disagree with Ireland's stance and assessment then? And the other 21 countries or so that have now taken action?

People need to leave aside their hatred of the Tories and have a look at exactly who it is that they're believing.

No - do not agree Lisa.

People like me can’t forget Thatcher, and so we can’t trust these English nationalists.
Hillsborough - for example - speaks volumes for what these Tories, and their establishment friends, can get up too.
Likewise Brexit and the UK govt attitude to the peace delivering GFA.

No, show us the evidence - or we will not believe you.
Think Iraq,

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 23:58 - Mar 26 with 3726 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 23:32 - Mar 26 by Kilkennyjack

No - do not agree Lisa.

People like me can’t forget Thatcher, and so we can’t trust these English nationalists.
Hillsborough - for example - speaks volumes for what these Tories, and their establishment friends, can get up too.
Likewise Brexit and the UK govt attitude to the peace delivering GFA.

No, show us the evidence - or we will not believe you.
Think Iraq,

What do you mean English nationalists? Ireland are supporting. The SNP are supporting.

I tell you the problem Killie.

You say you can't trust anything May says due largely to attitudes forged by Thatcher, Hillsborough etc. But that's a different generation. Different people, largely.

If you take the stance that today's Tory party are forever tarnished by the actions of 30 and 40 years ago, you can't then complain when people of a different political persuasion still believe that modern day Irish politics are forever tarnished by the attrocities committed during exactly the same period.

The completely united actions across Europe, including non EU, non NATO countries, Turkey, the US, Canada etc, suggests that the evidence that has been presented is extremely persuasive. I don't expect us to be shown the evidence.

On Brexit, there's no one more opposed to what's happening than I am. Similarly on the GFA. That's no surprised to you I know. I made a local Tory council candidate's day yesterday by haranguing him on my doorstep for over an hour yesterday about their pandering to the likes of Jacob Rees Mogg and their disastrous attitude to Brexit. I even mentioned the Irish border conundrum in my lengthy diatribe.

But this is different. I'd believe anything May said over anything Putin says.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 07:53 - Mar 27 with 3667 viewstrampie

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 23:58 - Mar 26 by londonlisa2001

What do you mean English nationalists? Ireland are supporting. The SNP are supporting.

You say you can't trust anything May says due largely to attitudes forged by Thatcher, Hillsborough etc. But that's a different generation. Different people, largely.

If you take the stance that today's Tory party are forever tarnished by the actions of 30 and 40 years ago, you can't then complain when people of a different political persuasion still believe that modern day Irish politics are forever tarnished by the attrocities committed during exactly the same period.

The completely united actions across Europe, including non EU, non NATO countries, Turkey, the US, Canada etc, suggests that the evidence that has been presented is extremely persuasive. I don't expect us to be shown the evidence.

On Brexit, there's no one more opposed to what's happening than I am. Similarly on the GFA. That's no surprised to you I know. I made a local Tory council candidate's day yesterday by haranguing him on my doorstep for over an hour yesterday about their pandering to the likes of Jacob Rees Mogg and their disastrous attitude to Brexit. I even mentioned the Irish border conundrum in my lengthy diatribe.

May's lot is selling arms to Saudi Arabia and military grade depleted uranium to Russia, she is trading with Israel a country that is building settlements in the occupied territories against international law.

They say one thing and do another [its just not the Conservatives - Labour, UKIP and Lib-Dems would be the same], it is an English nationalist thing with them, they are all English nationalists in mind set Lisa.

A lot of decent people see them for what they are, they have more faces than a town clock and people have difficulty believing them and its hard to disagree with those people as action speaks louder than words.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 8:09]

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 09:19 - Mar 27 with 3637 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I thought the lovely Leanne was spot on .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 09:45 - Mar 27 with 3627 viewsLohengrin

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 09:19 - Mar 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

I thought the lovely Leanne was spot on .

So did the London editor of RT, Tom. That’s why they are paying Plaid the big bucks.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 10:39 - Mar 27 with 3584 viewsfelixstowe_jack

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 07:53 - Mar 27 by trampie

May's lot is selling arms to Saudi Arabia and military grade depleted uranium to Russia, she is trading with Israel a country that is building settlements in the occupied territories against international law.

They say one thing and do another [its just not the Conservatives - Labour, UKIP and Lib-Dems would be the same], it is an English nationalist thing with them, they are all English nationalists in mind set Lisa.

A lot of decent people see them for what they are, they have more faces than a town clock and people have difficulty believing them and its hard to disagree with those people as action speaks louder than words.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 8:09]

Rather better than the arab states destroying buildings and homes in other arab Countries.
Syria is doing it's best to destroy it's own Country helped by Russian Arms the Russian airforce which is also against international law.

Good to see 24 other Countries expelling Russians spies.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 10:40]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 10:54 - Mar 27 with 3568 viewstrampie

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 10:39 - Mar 27 by felixstowe_jack

Rather better than the arab states destroying buildings and homes in other arab Countries.
Syria is doing it's best to destroy it's own Country helped by Russian Arms the Russian airforce which is also against international law.

Good to see 24 other Countries expelling Russians spies.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 10:40]

Russia has been invited by the sovereign country that is Syria to fight ISIS and the like in their country [Russia has been invited by the Syrian government and are there legitimately], the English led UK forces and America are the ones breaking international law.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 11:11]

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 11:12 - Mar 27 with 3552 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 09:45 - Mar 27 by Lohengrin

So did the London editor of RT, Tom. That’s why they are paying Plaid the big bucks.

BBC gave a national platform to war criminal Tony Blair on newsnight last night

Gripping stuff

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 11:18 - Mar 27 with 3542 viewsHighjack

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 11:12 - Mar 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

BBC gave a national platform to war criminal Tony Blair on newsnight last night

Gripping stuff

The only platform he should be given is one of those wooden upside down L shape ones that open up underneath him.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:48 - Mar 28 with 3439 viewstrampie

On the door handle is the latest theory then is it.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 7:41]

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 01:50 - Mar 29 with 3382 viewsDJack

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:48 - Mar 28 by trampie

On the door handle is the latest theory then is it.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 7:41]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43577987

So then Brynnie... not the daughter and not a powder.

Genuinely not a pop, just a pointer not to get caught up in the spouting of FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) used to misdirect.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 08:04 - Mar 29 with 3334 viewstrampie

What is this Brynnie person saying DJack ?, cant say i've noticed him on this thread.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 11:12 - Mar 29 with 3306 viewsLohengrin

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 08:04 - Mar 29 by trampie

What is this Brynnie person saying DJack ?, cant say i've noticed him on this thread.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 14:04 - Mar 29 with 3275 viewsDJack

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 08:04 - Mar 29 by trampie

My bad.

That's the trouble with multiple threads on the same /similar topic and in mitigation it was late. *Finds small crumbs of comfort*

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 12:50 - May 11 with 2970 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Anyone seen the Skripals? Wanted to send a get well card.

See how they are doing after a WMD took place on Uk soil ?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 22:30 - May 14 with 2857 viewsBrynmill_Jack

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 01:50 - Mar 29 by DJack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43577987

So then Brynnie... not the daughter and not a powder.

Genuinely not a pop, just a pointer not to get caught up in the spouting of FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) used to misdirect.

Lol let's get this straight. This "nerve agent" was on the front door handle so presumably one or both of the skripals touched it on the way out. They then went to the pub, had a meal and a few hours later this stuff starts to work?
Really?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 22:38 - May 14 with 2848 viewsBrynmill_Jack

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 23:58 - Mar 26 by londonlisa2001

After she lied to the country over windrush? Fair enough.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 00:15 - May 15 with 2813 viewsNookiejack

What moral standing do we have after this outrage? And are we about to join *another* idiotic war, like feeble minions?

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2018/05/what-moral-standing-do-we-have-af

Typical Russians, eh? They kidnap a man and his pregnant wife in broad daylight, then hide them in a secret prison in an Asian airport where they wield sinister influence.

There they begin to torture him. Despite the fact that she is obviously pregnant, they chain her to a wall and put a hood over her head, for five days.

Next, they swathe her from head to toe in duct tape (in agony, because one of her eyes is taped open) and fly them both to Syria so he can be tortured more thoroughly for several years.

With the two chained and bound prisoners comes a delivery note from the Russian spy chief to his Syrian opposite number: ‘This is the least we could do for you, to demonstrate our remarkable relationship’.

This is the sort of disgusting behaviour we have come to expect from the Kremlin. Except that I have changed the details. This story is not about the Kremlin. It is about the British Secret Intelligence Service, MI6, and our allies in the American CIA. And the man we helped kidnap, Abdel Belhaj was not sent to Syria, but to Libya, whose then despot we were courting.

All the details of this unspeakable, lawless operation are known, and cannot be denied. They came out into the open only because a group of militiamen happened to stumble on the papers in an abandoned office in Tripoli.

The government has admitted their truth by apologising for them, and writing a large cheque (with your hard-earned money, of course) to Mr Belhaj’s wife, Fatima Boudchar. Nobody is even trying to deny them, though the Labour Government ministers in charge at the time (2004) seem to be having some trouble remembering the episode.

There are plenty of things you can think about this, including whether those involved, politicians and civil servants alike, ought to face some kind of justice. I would not hold out many hopes.

My point is this. So much of our current frenzy against Russia and Syria is based on a claim of moral superiority. Do we have any such superiority if we kidnap people and send them to tyrants to be tortured? So shoudn’t we stop pretending that our hostility to Russia and Syria has a moral purpose — and explain what, in that case, our motive really is?

Or are we embarrassed that our motive is almost as sordid as the miserable Belhaj episode?

Certainly since before the 2003 Iraq invasion, which members of the current government mostly supported, this country has been implicated in the most horrible actions, many of which will probably remain secret forever.

Strangely, many of these kidnaps and much of this complicity in unspeakable tortures was justified by our moral fury against Al Qaeda, a movement with whom we now co-operate in Syria.

It is also quite possible to argue (and I do) that the Iraq invasion was the gravest political mistake of our age, closely followed by David Cameron’s attack on Libya.

We are now hurrying towards serious war in the Middle East, lashed to the strange, seemingly unhinged figure of Donald Trump, whose vain, pouting, writhing performance on Tuesday night was one of the most frightening things I have ever seen in my life. Could it possibly have been plainer that he views us not as allies but as minions?

And why shouldn’t he, if we collaborate with the CIA in actions like these?

A proper British government would cease this sort of co-operation, whatever little treats and pats on the head we may be offered in return for it. And a proper British government should also stand aside from war policies in the Middle East which will only lead to still more terror, torture and pain.

Talking of war, and Syria, many of you may have noticed frequent references in the media to a body called the ‘Syrian Observatory for Human Rights’, often quoted as if it is an impartial source of information about that complicated conflict, in which the British government clearly takes sides. The ‘Observatory’ says on its website that it is ‘not associated or linked to any political body.’

To which I reply: Is Boris Johnson’s Foreign Office not a political body? Because the FO just confirmed to me that ‘the UK funded a project worth £194,769.60 to provide the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights with communications equipment and cameras.’ That’s quite a lot, isn’t it? I love the precision of that 60p. Your taxes, impartially, at work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024