Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK 17:20 - Mar 12 with 62760 viewswestwalesed

Extraordinary statement by Mrs May and also quite scary.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43377856

She has essentially said that the Russian Government is "highly likely" to have carried out a Chemical Attack on the United Kingdom, using a "military grade nerve agent" developed by the Russian Military and threatening hundreds of British Citizens. This is incredibly worrying.

On another note, Mr Corbyn in his response attempted to conflate donations from Russian Oligarchs to the Conservative Party with this act. Disgraceful.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 17:22]

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:54 - Mar 12 with 2510 viewsLohengrin

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:50 - Mar 12 by sP7qupUf

This is a very serious matter. The PM has been very poor in all matters of state thus far, but she is spot on here. There is no way in the world that she would have made a statement of this nature if her advisors were not totally sure of the origin of the attack. By advisors, I refer mainly to the military and special services experts and not members of her government. Asa country we cannot allow an aggressive opponent do this on our soil. The fact that endangered innocent people says a lot about the type of person we are dealing with. Let's not forget a couple of weeks ago Putin publicly announced that Russia possessed a range of weaponry and other things that are a clear threat to it's opponents. He was prepared to flex his muscles then and, more than likely, is doing it again. He is also taunting the west and NATO over Syria. Putin is making a big play here. Something significant needs to be done by Britain and her allies about this.

Given the context of this situation Corbyn's response to the PM's statement is not even worth talking about. Disgraceful.

What do you mean there is no way in the world a PM could have made a statement of this nature? Have you forgotten the WMD debacle?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:57 - Mar 12 with 2500 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:49 - Mar 12 by Lohengrin

I very much doubt he’d have been the only card they could have dealt.

I don’t quite know what you are getting at in the second paragraph?

You're assuming that they were targeting him and she was collateral damage.

What if they were targeting her and using him as a cover?

Have you looked into her background and movements between the UK and Russia and her stance on Putin? It's all quite unusual.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:57 - Mar 12 with 2497 viewssP7qupUf

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:54 - Mar 12 by Lohengrin

What do you mean there is no way in the world a PM could have made a statement of this nature? Have you forgotten the WMD debacle?

This is different. An attack on he citizens of this country.in this country. Hostile act.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:57 - Mar 12 with 2497 viewswestwalesed

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:49 - Mar 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It's probably enough for May to invoke Article 5 and start World War 3 if she wanted to. They literally used a WMD on British soil, attempting to kill British civilians.

Indeed, when you break it down to the bare facts and cut out the conjecture, that is actually what has happened and is why it is so terrifying.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:59 - Mar 12 with 2491 viewswestwalesed

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:57 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

Have you looked into her background and movements between the UK and Russia and her stance on Putin? It's all quite unusual.

Excellent point which I had not considered - especially since there is a "gentlemans agreement" in the espionage world that the children of agents are NOT fair game.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:03 - Mar 12 with 2474 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:54 - Mar 12 by Lohengrin

I’ve never believed people in power ever since , hence my stance in all this

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:05 - Mar 12 with 2466 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:03 - Mar 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

I’ve never believed people in power ever since , hence my stance in all this

Tommy, it's one thing to provoke acts of aggression with Iraq in conjunction with the US over false info and quite another to do so unilaterally with Russia.

Ther is not a chance in hell they are stirring up trouble with Putin based on false information.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 19:06]
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:08 - Mar 12 with 2455 viewsLohengrin

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:57 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

I am assuming he was the target. If the FSB wanted her they could have lifted her at will. Why would they have wanted to cut a rug in this danse macabre, it makes no sense?

Login to get fewer ads

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:08 - Mar 12 with 2453 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:05 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

Tommy, it's one thing to provoke acts of aggression with Iraq in conjunction with the US over false info and quite another to do so unilaterally with Russia.

Ther is not a chance in hell they are stirring up trouble with Putin based on false information.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 19:06]

You’d better believe it my friend

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:11 - Mar 12 with 2445 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:08 - Mar 12 by Lohengrin

I am assuming he was the target. If the FSB wanted her they could have lifted her at will. Why would they have wanted to cut a rug in this danse macabre, it makes no sense?

Because if they had lifted her you wouldn't have assumed he was the target.

It makes perfect sense if you consider what you would do if you wanted to hide the true intention.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:13 - Mar 12 with 2438 viewsexiledclaseboy

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:38 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

An attack on British soil by a foreign government with a chemical weapon affecting up to 500 people at the latest estimate?

497 of them have been told to wash their clothes. We’re not talking Halabja here.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 19:16]

Poll: Tory leader

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:14 - Mar 12 with 2435 viewsexiledclaseboy

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:49 - Mar 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It's probably enough for May to invoke Article 5 and start World War 3 if she wanted to. They literally used a WMD on British soil, attempting to kill British civilians.

Jesus Christ

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:16 - Mar 12 with 2427 viewsmax936

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:14 - Mar 12 by exiledclaseboy

Jesus Christ

He hasn't been exposed to the nerve agent as well has he

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:16 - Mar 12 with 2426 viewsPegojack

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:45 - Mar 12 by Nogginthenog

If it is a state sanctioned attack, that is incredibly frightening considering that exposure to such a nerve agent could have jeopardised the health of hundreds of people. I don't know what we can do about it realistically but the response must be sufficient to punish the Russians as hard as we possibly can.it should involve our European partners and Nato as well. The only thing Putin wiil understand is either force or finance as I see it. The former likely to be highly dangerous. All this makes the world a less safe place.

Our European partners we've just told to eff off and are about to split away from, you mean?

Another example of the lunacy of Brexit. It's a cold, hard, lonely world out there when you're on your own.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:16 - Mar 12 with 2426 viewsLohengrin

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:11 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

Because if they had lifted her you wouldn't have assumed he was the target.

It makes perfect sense if you consider what you would do if you wanted to hide the true intention.

And yet there the pair of them are still very much alive. This is a shambles and that’s not something anybody would accuse the FSB of being.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:18 - Mar 12 with 2422 viewsJack_Kass

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:20 - Mar 12 with 2411 viewsNeath_Jack

As interesting a read as this thread is, don't you all think you're being a tad over dramatic? I believe you are, as will be proved by what happens in the end. I predict precisely nothing will happen. A few harsh words and a threat here or there will be it.

It's all very romantic though I must admit.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:23 - Mar 12 with 2394 viewsexiledclaseboy

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:20 - Mar 12 by Neath_Jack

As interesting a read as this thread is, don't you all think you're being a tad over dramatic? I believe you are, as will be proved by what happens in the end. I predict precisely nothing will happen. A few harsh words and a threat here or there will be it.

I agree. I also believe (as I think Lohengrin has been saying) that if the Russian government/ military was behind this as the PM suggested in Parliament earlier there’d be a dead ex-spy and his daughter by now.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:23 - Mar 12 with 2390 viewsJack_Kass

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:08 - Mar 12 by Lohengrin

Were the FSB not responsible for Litvinenko?

That wasn't exactly a smooth job..

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:24 - Mar 12 with 2388 viewsDarran

Over dramatic?

On here?

No way?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:25 - Mar 12 with 2378 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:13 - Mar 12 by exiledclaseboy

497 of them have been told to wash their clothes. We’re not talking Halabja here.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 19:16]

No, it's gone further than that now Clasie.

I agree with the sentiment to an extent, but it's serious stuff.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:25 - Mar 12 with 2377 viewswestwalesed

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:16 - Mar 12 by Pegojack

Our European partners we've just told to eff off and are about to split away from, you mean?

Another example of the lunacy of Brexit. It's a cold, hard, lonely world out there when you're on your own.

What is lunacy is to think that a decision to remove ourselves from a political union is the same thing as degrading our military alliances with our European partners.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:26 - Mar 12 with 2370 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't think much will happen apart from some frozen assets and a threat of a British version of the Magnitsky Act.

It is clearly an act of war however and I am not sure why ECB and Max laughed at my comment.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:26 - Mar 12 with 2369 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

500 People near a CBRN a chemical factory site may be contaminated

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:28 - Mar 12 with 2357 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:23 - Mar 12 by exiledclaseboy

I agree. I also believe (as I think Lohengrin has been saying) that if the Russian government/ military was behind this as the PM suggested in Parliament earlier there’d be a dead ex-spy and his daughter by now.

I rather think that if some mobster was behind it, it'd be far less likely to go wrong than if the government had done it. They'd have also just taken them / him out with a bullet than this stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024