Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK 17:20 - Mar 12 with 62886 viewswestwalesed

Extraordinary statement by Mrs May and also quite scary.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43377856

She has essentially said that the Russian Government is "highly likely" to have carried out a Chemical Attack on the United Kingdom, using a "military grade nerve agent" developed by the Russian Military and threatening hundreds of British Citizens. This is incredibly worrying.

On another note, Mr Corbyn in his response attempted to conflate donations from Russian Oligarchs to the Conservative Party with this act. Disgraceful.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 17:22]

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 15:58 - Mar 13 with 2051 viewsBobby_Fischer

Great thread!!

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 15:59 - Mar 13 with 2050 viewsBatterseajack

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 15:52 - Mar 13 by Jack_Meoff

We really should have paid attention to the parts that mentioned usury, n fairness.

In fairness, the BOE interest rates are about as low as it gets. So whats this beef?
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 16:00 - Mar 13 with 2047 viewsLohengrin

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 15:58 - Mar 13 by Bobby_Fischer

Great thread!!

We get it all on here, kiddo.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 16:02 - Mar 13 with 2037 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 15:52 - Mar 13 by Lohengrin

Not in the round, no. They seem to be taught in blinkers, trotting down a narrow corridor with the sole aim of tackling exam questions. Anything and everything outside of that is a complete mystery to most of them, and I’m talking about the brighter kids.

Ah, but that's simply talking about standards in education and also seeing it in a UK centric / Western centric context.

There is no denying that people are educated when you compare the population to the recent past (certainly no more than 3 generations ago). Nor when you compare to the world's population as a whole.

Religion was far more widespread when people were less literate, or illiterate in this country and is far more widespread in countries or parts of countries where that remains the case.

If you look at countries where religion remains incredibly important, in the vast majority of cases, it's where the population remains uneducated.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 16:03 - Mar 13 with 2038 viewsBanosswan

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 16:02 - Mar 13 by londonlisa2001

Ah, but that's simply talking about standards in education and also seeing it in a UK centric / Western centric context.

There is no denying that people are educated when you compare the population to the recent past (certainly no more than 3 generations ago). Nor when you compare to the world's population as a whole.

Religion was far more widespread when people were less literate, or illiterate in this country and is far more widespread in countries or parts of countries where that remains the case.

If you look at countries where religion remains incredibly important, in the vast majority of cases, it's where the population remains uneducated.

So Muslims are uneducated?....

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 16:07 - Mar 13 with 2024 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 16:03 - Mar 13 by Banosswan

Nope.

Religion has a far greater importance (whichever religion) in countries where the population are badly educated in comparison with here.

It used to be far more important here when our population was relatively uneducated.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 16:09 - Mar 13 with 2024 viewsBatterseajack

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 16:03 - Mar 13 by Banosswan

Many of them would be yes, if they didn't go to a good school
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 16:15 - Mar 13 with 2019 viewsLohengrin

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 16:02 - Mar 13 by londonlisa2001

Well, yes. I was only talking about the west, the UK in particular.

Three generations ago? If we’re talking about here then we’re talking about a working class fired with popular auto-didacticism. Narrow that down to a south Walian context then the twin motors for that would have been Chapel and Trades Unions. If you want my opinion then the precipitous decline in the reach and positive influence of both has wrought a concomitant decline in intellectual seeking.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 16:36 - Mar 13 with 1985 viewsWarwickHunt

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 15:49 - Mar 13 by sherpajacob

you're obviously not a biblical scholar.

Moses came down from the mountain in a triumph.

Flanked by Herald angels.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:08 - Mar 13 with 1945 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 16:15 - Mar 13 by Lohengrin

Well, yes. I was only talking about the west, the UK in particular.

Three generations ago? If we’re talking about here then we’re talking about a working class fired with popular auto-didacticism. Narrow that down to a south Walian context then the twin motors for that would have been Chapel and Trades Unions. If you want my opinion then the precipitous decline in the reach and positive influence of both has wrought a concomitant decline in intellectual seeking.

Your romantic view of the past is contrary to all data on education levels, literacy, numeracy, in the UK which shows a population where each successive generation is better educated than the last.

And arguing that Chapel played an important part in education for previous generations (and, I agree, it did), is hardly contrary to my assertion that better education has led to a less religious society!
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:42 - Mar 13 with 1919 viewslondonlisa2001

While this hugely entertaining thread has been progressing this afternoon, we should note that another of Putin's enemies has been found dead this afternoon in London.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:43 - Mar 13 with 1918 viewstheloneranger

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 15:34 - Mar 13 by londonlisa2001

Who do you think wrote the Bible Sammy?

sammylee1

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:46 - Mar 13 with 1911 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:43 - Mar 13 by theloneranger

sammylee1

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:11 - Mar 13 with 1894 viewsKerouac

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 15:12 - Mar 13 by WarwickHunt

Who would you start up front on Saturday?

Fair play, that genuinely made me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:14 - Mar 13 with 1894 viewssnork44

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:42 - Mar 13 by londonlisa2001

While this hugely entertaining thread has been progressing this afternoon, we should note that another of Putin's enemies has been found dead this afternoon in London.

Wow look how history repeats itself, in the 1930's Hitlers bully boys were beating up and murdering Jews and his opponents, with the result that the so-called intelligentsia were saying 'we should not offend that nice Herr Hitler . Fast forward to now a Vlads bully boys are murdering opponents in our own country and people are saying let's not offend Mr Putin as he may use nuclear weapons against us. Do you think Churchill or even Thatcher would have been intimidated by that Slavic piece of shit?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 1:00]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:20 - Mar 13 with 1887 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:14 - Mar 13 by snork44

Wow look how history repeats itself, in the 1930's Hitlers bully boys were beating up and murdering Jews and his opponents, with the result that the so-called intelligentsia were saying 'we should not offend that nice Herr Hitler . Fast forward to now a Vlads bully boys are murdering opponents in our own country and people are saying let's not offend Mr Putin as he may use nuclear weapons against us. Do you think Churchill or even Thatcher would have been intimidated by that Slavic piece of shit?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 1:00]

Well we don't know what's happened as yet, but it seems an unfortunate coincidence that May stands up in parliament and gives Russia 24 hours to explain and within 6 or 7 hours an enemy of Putin dies in 'unexplained circumstances' in London.

Much the same sort of coincidence as Tillerson saying the US backs the UK and a few hours later being sacked by Mini me.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:14 - Mar 13 with 1845 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So Russia have denied it and demand the uk send them samples of this “Russian only “nerve gas .
Britain must comply with the Chemical Weapons Convention which stipulates joint investigation into the incident, for which Moscow is ready.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:27 - Mar 13 with 1837 viewsWingstandwood

God how I miss a 'grown-up' politician like Mikhail Gorbachev and his sadly departed fantastic humanitarian wife. What we've got now is a needlessly dangerous world with too many a narcissistic willy-waver in which pride and ego comes way before common-sense!

Argus!

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:29 - Mar 13 with 1829 viewsexiledclaseboy

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 15:04 - Mar 13 by sammylee3

Christianity is not encouraged in any form in my opinion, via media in particular. In Russia new churches are going up everywhere. Here we prefer transgender equality while the people become poorer in reality, the family is not encouraged.

We are becoming a communist state to be controlled, with mass spying on the citizenry and fake terror to boot. But don't worry we are taking good care of poppy fields in Afghanistan while more people across the western world are on heroin. The powers that be use this drug money for secret operations like ISIS and black projects. The banking system was saved because of hidden drug money and later mass money printing paid for by the tax payer.

Everything is about control look at vaccines, more vaccines than ever and autism at record high. They even say on the vaccine slips side effects may include autism. If you have autism debt must pay for you the rest of your life.

They want transgender equality at all levels, mass debt. The is a war on white people, particularly white christians, only white people can be racist according to the media. Look how South Africa has turned out this is our future if we don't get WW3.

For the second time in one thread the only words I can think of are:

Jesus Christ

Poll: Tory leader

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:59 - Mar 13 with 1798 viewsWarwickHunt

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:29 - Mar 13 by exiledclaseboy

Jesus Christ

I'll see your Jesus Christ and raise you a fûcking fruitcake.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:06 - Mar 13 with 1788 viewssammylee3

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:59 - Mar 13 by WarwickHunt

I'll see your Jesus Christ and raise you a fûcking fruitcake.

Warwick fook all to say on any subject bar insults , d1ck head ...
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:07 - Mar 13 with 1784 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:29 - Mar 13 by exiledclaseboy

Jesus Christ

It wasn’t bad up until vaccines 😀

Well I thought so anyway

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:12 - Mar 13 with 1781 viewsexiledclaseboy

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:07 - Mar 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

It wasn’t bad up until vaccines 😀

Well I thought so anyway

Oh I dunno, Tom. I think the last few pages have lovingly embraced every internet conspiracy lunacy cliche available.

Poll: Tory leader

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:17 - Mar 13 with 1773 viewsJack_Meoff

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 19:14 - Mar 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

So Russia have denied it and demand the uk send them samples of this “Russian only “nerve gas .
Britain must comply with the Chemical Weapons Convention which stipulates joint investigation into the incident, for which Moscow is ready.

That's an interesting development tom.

Thing is, despite no actual concrete evidence we had trial by media today. See the shrieking headlines of the press? Fack my eyes pinkwardly. Incredible.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 20:23 - Mar 13 with 1766 viewsNeath_Jack

I can't be the only one (I know i'm not, but this is how these posts start), who reads this site and literally shake my head in disbelief in what i'm reading.

The worrying part is, that i truly believe some of these posters actually believe what they are typing.

Astonishing stuff, but great reading nevertheless.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024