Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 20:49 - Mar 12 with 9900 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Have sacked their manager
Southampton on 22:20 - Mar 12 with 4137 viewsSwansea93

Hughes and Silva favourites.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Southampton on 22:34 - Mar 12 with 4089 viewsLandore_Jack

Southampton on 22:20 - Mar 12 by Swansea93

Hughes and Silva favourites.

Saints should have stuck with Puel.

#backtojack

Southampton on 00:12 - Mar 13 with 3969 viewsGlyn1

Southampton on 20:57 - Mar 12 by pencoedjack

Let’s hope whoever they appoint has the Pardew effect not the Carlos

Not me - I'd love Southampton to have a 'new manager bounce' - for the first game anyway, when they are away to West Ham.

West Ham now have three weeks without a match so their fans have plenty of time to seethe.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Southampton on 00:14 - Mar 13 with 3964 viewsairedale

When are we playing them?
Southampton on 02:46 - Mar 13 with 3909 viewsGlyn1

Southampton on 00:14 - Mar 13 by airedale

When are we playing them?

Not yet decided. Depends on the FA Cup results.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Southampton on 22:08 - Mar 13 with 3677 viewsLandore_Jack

Mark Hughes is the favorite according to the bookies and a number of media sources.

#backtojack

Southampton on 22:48 - Mar 13 with 3615 viewsRancid

Southampton on 22:08 - Mar 13 by Landore_Jack

Mark Hughes is the favorite according to the bookies and a number of media sources.

Hughes played for them too.I wouldn't be surprised if they went foreign leftfield again though.
Southampton on 22:58 - Mar 13 with 3602 viewsmajorraglan

Southampton on 22:34 - Mar 12 by Landore_Jack

Saints should have stuck with Puel.

They weren’t happy with his style of football and the lack of goals, they may come to rue their haste to see him off.

I have to say I am surprised with Southampton, I know they have sold a lot of players for huge money but I didn’t expect to see them in this position. Too good to go down, maybe -maybe not!
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton on 01:29 - Mar 14 with 3549 viewsWanderer

Wouldn't place Hughes in the crop of big Sam and Pullis to avoid the drop for them, but an instant affinity with the fans for being a former player, always helps so who knows.
Southampton on 07:22 - Mar 14 with 3482 viewsJinxy

Let's just hope that when we do eventually play them, any "bounce" will have been and gone, or preferably not happened at all!
Southampton on 08:23 - Mar 14 with 3446 viewslatchford

Hughes to be appointed today
Southampton on 08:28 - Mar 14 with 3432 viewsWhiterockin

Southampton on 08:23 - Mar 14 by latchford

Hughes to be appointed today

It would be ironic if Stoke go down and he keeps Southampton up.
Southampton on 08:30 - Mar 14 with 3428 viewspencoedjack

Mark Hughes ......

Fuk me the managerial merry go round of managers who constantly fail is incredible.

If I was a Southampton fan i'd be far from happy with that appointment

Edit

In fact taken from there forum

What makes you describe him as a 'Winner'? The 35% win percentage? And what makes you think he'll put a rocket up their arse, as by all accounts he's not THAT sort of manager, according to fans of clubs he's managed.

Apparently he's thoroughly unlikeable bloke, incredibly arrogant, doesn't tend to be a motivational manager and players don't tend to like him too much. He left QPR when they were bottom, with a team he brought in, and left Stoke when 2nd bottom, with another team he brought in. He has no discernible style, he's not particularly attacking and he cannot organise a defence.

But at least he's better than MP. He is the worst option of the options we have left (of which, admittedly, there are few)
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 8:33]
Southampton on 01:23 - Mar 15 with 3309 viewsWanderer

Southampton on 08:30 - Mar 14 by pencoedjack

Mark Hughes ......

Fuk me the managerial merry go round of managers who constantly fail is incredible.

If I was a Southampton fan i'd be far from happy with that appointment

Edit

In fact taken from there forum

What makes you describe him as a 'Winner'? The 35% win percentage? And what makes you think he'll put a rocket up their arse, as by all accounts he's not THAT sort of manager, according to fans of clubs he's managed.

Apparently he's thoroughly unlikeable bloke, incredibly arrogant, doesn't tend to be a motivational manager and players don't tend to like him too much. He left QPR when they were bottom, with a team he brought in, and left Stoke when 2nd bottom, with another team he brought in. He has no discernible style, he's not particularly attacking and he cannot organise a defence.

But at least he's better than MP. He is the worst option of the options we have left (of which, admittedly, there are few)
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 8:33]

Bloody hell, break out the Smiths albums, crack a bottle of Gordon's and please stay away from the sharp things!
how depressed are the saints..
Southampton on 09:06 - Mar 15 with 3248 viewsSTID2017

Unbelievable the difference in the two sides since that first game if the season.
Back then, we put up a superb rearguard action and came away happy with a point against what seemed like a very good side.
If we played them up there today, we'd be okay with a point but targeting as a three pointer.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Southampton on 23:11 - Mar 15 with 3191 viewsTNT

Southampton on 09:06 - Mar 15 by STID2017

Unbelievable the difference in the two sides since that first game if the season.
Back then, we put up a superb rearguard action and came away happy with a point against what seemed like a very good side.
If we played them up there today, we'd be okay with a point but targeting as a three pointer.

If Clement had wanted three points, they were there for the taking.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Southampton on 08:42 - Mar 16 with 3110 viewsSTID2017

Southampton on 23:11 - Mar 15 by TNT

If Clement had wanted three points, they were there for the taking.

I have to say I didn't see the game, but the impression was that they laid siege to our goal at times and getting 29 shots in was pretty one sided

Southampton on 10:41 - Mar 16 with 3082 viewspencoedjack

Southampton on 08:42 - Mar 16 by STID2017

I have to say I didn't see the game, but the impression was that they laid siege to our goal at times and getting 29 shots in was pretty one sided

I went we were fuking awful it wasn’t really good defending just awful Saints finishing

Knew we were in for a long season
Southampton on 10:58 - Mar 16 with 3071 viewssherpajacob

Has our match with them been rearranged yet?

I reckon Sky would like it as a relegation decider near the end of the season.

may be best for us to wait a few games let them have a new manager bounce then play it in late April?

I love late season midweek games when its still light at kick off. Bristol City '85 0-0 and a point stay up- a repeat of that would do nicely.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Southampton on 12:44 - Mar 16 with 3042 viewsSTID2017

Southampton on 10:41 - Mar 16 by pencoedjack

I went we were fuking awful it wasn’t really good defending just awful Saints finishing

That was the impression I had, which is why I was surprised when TNT said they were there for the taking
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 12:46]

Southampton on 12:44 - Mar 16 with 3041 views34dfgdf54

Southampton on 10:41 - Mar 16 by pencoedjack

That’s how I saw it, battered us all over the park.

How we got out of it with a point I’ll never know.
Southampton on 20:45 - Mar 16 with 2987 viewsTNT

Southampton on 12:44 - Mar 16 by STID2017

That was the impression I had, which is why I was surprised when TNT said they were there for the taking
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 12:46]

I was there. Worst Saints team I've seen. They were there for the taking.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024