Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Jamie Carragher incident 11:31 - Mar 13 with 3031 viewsmagicdaps10

It might have been already mentioned and i am not defending Carragher as it was totally wrong

BUT

Will the guy get in trouble for using his mobile whilst driving?

Apologies if already been down this route.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This Jamie Carragher incident on 11:37 - Mar 13 with 3008 viewslegoman

In my opinion, he should do as there are still too many moronic drivers using hand held phones and other devices whilst driving. This is despite a potential 6 points on their licence but more importantly the prospect of injuring someone in an accident while being distracted.

I fail to understand why so many people still use a hand held phone whilst driving and I believe that to use the publicity that already attaches to this incident would serve as a timely reminder to some of these selfish idiots.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

This Jamie Carragher incident on 12:21 - Mar 13 with 2931 viewsYossarian

For the driver: Prima Facie case of Driving Without Due Care - using his mobile phone to film whilst driving
For Carragher- Common Assault- spitting and Driving without due care and attention.
Charge them both- feckin children....getting in a state over a club game. Pair of pricks.

Really rated Carraghrer as a pundit- but his credibility has gone- cannot remain impartial over Liverpool, no authority to criticise players because he’s now a busted flush
Lineker and Neville need to stop the old pals act and get their heads out of their arses.
However, both their wives will punish them more severely than anything dished out by a court.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

This Jamie Carragher incident on 12:27 - Mar 13 with 2913 viewsjackharris

Driver is to be talked to by the police but no charges will be brought... according to News sources.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

This Jamie Carragher incident on 12:34 - Mar 13 with 2893 viewsmagicdaps10

This Jamie Carragher incident on 12:27 - Mar 13 by jackharris

Driver is to be talked to by the police but no charges will be brought... according to News sources.

Well that is a joke in itself.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This Jamie Carragher incident on 13:03 - Mar 13 with 2848 viewsBobby_Fischer

And Carragher for no seat belt?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

This Jamie Carragher incident on 13:32 - Mar 13 with 2791 viewsSirjohnalot

This Jamie Carragher incident on 12:21 - Mar 13 by Yossarian

For the driver: Prima Facie case of Driving Without Due Care - using his mobile phone to film whilst driving
For Carragher- Common Assault- spitting and Driving without due care and attention.
Charge them both- feckin children....getting in a state over a club game. Pair of pricks.

Really rated Carraghrer as a pundit- but his credibility has gone- cannot remain impartial over Liverpool, no authority to criticise players because he’s now a busted flush
Lineker and Neville need to stop the old pals act and get their heads out of their arses.
However, both their wives will punish them more severely than anything dished out by a court.

It's not due care and attention, doesn't fall below the standard of a reasonably competent driver.

Certainly common assault for Carragher and driving with a mobile phone for the other guy.. it'd would be duplicitous to charge due care as the speed was so slow.

First time I've seen this video, bloke is clearly a tit, doesn't care what happens to his daughter. but you can't really excuse Carragher at all for his actions.
This Jamie Carragher incident on 19:10 - Mar 13 with 2530 viewsJohnw102

This Jamie Carragher incident on 13:32 - Mar 13 by Sirjohnalot

It's not due care and attention, doesn't fall below the standard of a reasonably competent driver.

Certainly common assault for Carragher and driving with a mobile phone for the other guy.. it'd would be duplicitous to charge due care as the speed was so slow.

First time I've seen this video, bloke is clearly a tit, doesn't care what happens to his daughter. but you can't really excuse Carragher at all for his actions.

Surprised at Carer spitting, he couldn't even dribble when he was playing.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

This Jamie Carragher incident on 19:35 - Mar 13 with 2492 viewscmajack

This Jamie Carragher incident on 11:37 - Mar 13 by legoman

In my opinion, he should do as there are still too many moronic drivers using hand held phones and other devices whilst driving. This is despite a potential 6 points on their licence but more importantly the prospect of injuring someone in an accident while being distracted.

I fail to understand why so many people still use a hand held phone whilst driving and I believe that to use the publicity that already attaches to this incident would serve as a timely reminder to some of these selfish idiots.

Should have the same consequences as drink driving. Caught and you're banned simple as that.
Login to get fewer ads

This Jamie Carragher incident on 12:30 - Mar 14 with 2266 viewsYossarian

This Jamie Carragher incident on 13:32 - Mar 13 by Sirjohnalot

Holding your mobile phone up to take film and averting your attention from what’s in front of you to have a discussion with another driver through opened windows on a busy dual carriageway...not departing from the standards reasonably expected.....Really? Interesting planet where you come from is it?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

This Jamie Carragher incident on 12:35 - Mar 14 with 2250 viewsWhiterockin

Carragher will now be immortalised, whenever someone spits at anyone it will be known as doing a Carragher, the shame will live with him forever. Good enough.
This Jamie Carragher incident on 13:12 - Mar 14 with 2177 viewsTom1912

What Carragher did is vile and inexcusable, but I find it extremely hypercritical of Sky that they didn't suspend Georgie Thompson after she crashed her Porsche because she was twice over the limit or Kirsty Gallagher when she was charged with being three times over the limit....when picking her children up at 11.30am. Spitting is vile but drink driving is far worse and put people's lives at risk, and they didn't do anything.
This Jamie Carragher incident on 13:56 - Mar 14 with 2138 viewsSirjohnalot

This Jamie Carragher incident on 12:30 - Mar 14 by Yossarian

Holding your mobile phone up to take film and averting your attention from what’s in front of you to have a discussion with another driver through opened windows on a busy dual carriageway...not departing from the standards reasonably expected.....Really? Interesting planet where you come from is it?

What I’m saying is that summoning for both the mobile phone offence and due care is duplicitous. Otherwise everytime someone is on the phone whilst driving, they’d be summonsed for both which go against the totality principle for sentencing.

Defence would argue that he was not driving at speed, and though, whilst the mobile phone holding was an offence, there was nothing other than that, which was not related to the mobile
Phone that constituted due care.

Legal point of view, not moral one.
This Jamie Carragher incident on 15:44 - Mar 14 with 2072 viewsDyfnant

This Jamie Carragher incident on 13:12 - Mar 14 by Tom1912

What Carragher did is vile and inexcusable, but I find it extremely hypercritical of Sky that they didn't suspend Georgie Thompson after she crashed her Porsche because she was twice over the limit or Kirsty Gallagher when she was charged with being three times over the limit....when picking her children up at 11.30am. Spitting is vile but drink driving is far worse and put people's lives at risk, and they didn't do anything.

Sexism at its finest, stick a pair of tits on JC and he’d be let straight off

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

This Jamie Carragher incident on 17:16 - Mar 14 with 2018 viewsYossarian

This Jamie Carragher incident on 13:56 - Mar 14 by Sirjohnalot

What I’m saying is that summoning for both the mobile phone offence and due care is duplicitous. Otherwise everytime someone is on the phone whilst driving, they’d be summonsed for both which go against the totality principle for sentencing.

Defence would argue that he was not driving at speed, and though, whilst the mobile phone holding was an offence, there was nothing other than that, which was not related to the mobile
Phone that constituted due care.

Legal point of view, not moral one.

Dear me, you really don’t know what you are talking about. It’s clear you are not a lawyer. Using your mobile phone without a hands free kit is an offence per se. Your two eyes could be on the road, you could be paying attention, not engaging with anyone else other than the person you are on the phone with.
Filming the driver alongside whilst goading them, and by implication not paying attention to the vehicles in front of you and other carriageway hazards is driving without due care and attention.

He also had a 14 year old child in the passenger seat and so there are clear public interest reasons for prosecuting him.
Are you totally fecking stupid?
Discussion over.

This Jamie Carragher incident on 17:29 - Mar 14 with 2004 viewsSirjohnalot

This Jamie Carragher incident on 17:16 - Mar 14 by Yossarian

Dear me, you really don’t know what you are talking about. It’s clear you are not a lawyer. Using your mobile phone without a hands free kit is an offence per se. Your two eyes could be on the road, you could be paying attention, not engaging with anyone else other than the person you are on the phone with.
Filming the driver alongside whilst goading them, and by implication not paying attention to the vehicles in front of you and other carriageway hazards is driving without due care and attention.

He also had a 14 year old child in the passenger seat and so there are clear public interest reasons for prosecuting him.
Are you totally fecking stupid?
Discussion over.

May I ask your qualifications ?

I am dual qualified Barrister and Higher Rights Solicitor. I qualified in 2005 and have spend many years both prosecuting and defending in the Crown Court.

My point, if you care to read it again, was that, as the penalty for using the phone was 6 points, and is an easier offence to prove, it is unlikely he will be summonsed for both.

I did not say that using his phone was not an offence, I said that due care and attention is not as simple to prove as you think and it is unlikely that the CPS will deem it in the Public Interest to peruse that when they have an easier offence to prove with the phone and the penalties are unlikely to be different.

Irrespective of our differing views, is there any reason to resort to personal insults ? I responded to you in a polite a respectful way, and it would have been nice for you respond likewise.

As you are clearly intent on throwing personal insults, when we were simply having, I thought, an amenable discussin, I think, it may be better to end the discussion there.

I hope you have a lovely day
This Jamie Carragher incident on 17:33 - Mar 14 with 1990 viewsSirjohnalot

The driver will not face any charges but will attend a driver improvement course for the mobile phone offence. These cannot be given for due care and attention

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43387013
This Jamie Carragher incident on 19:37 - Mar 14 with 1939 viewsLoyal

This Jamie Carragher incident on 13:12 - Mar 14 by Tom1912

They've got tits mun !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This Jamie Carragher incident on 19:49 - Mar 14 with 1918 viewstheloneranger

This Jamie Carragher incident on 17:33 - Mar 14 by Sirjohnalot

The driver will not face any charges but will attend a driver improvement course for the mobile phone offence. These cannot be given for due care and attention

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43387013

What about Carragher not wearing a seat belt??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024