Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oprah Winfrey 09:22 - Mar 14 with 15181 viewsjackal

I've just heard Oprah on the Lorraine show. She says she's a Swansea City fan.
Oprah Winfrey on 00:42 - Mar 15 with 3615 viewsmaxthompson

I have to admit I’m a bit of a plastic fan been a season ticket holder on and off since the toshack days but I have to say this is embarrassing ,saw this on tv and almost cried with shame
Oprah Winfrey on 02:33 - Mar 15 with 3560 viewsGlyn1

Oprah Winfrey on 00:42 - Mar 15 by maxthompson

I have to admit I’m a bit of a plastic fan been a season ticket holder on and off since the toshack days but I have to say this is embarrassing ,saw this on tv and almost cried with shame

Admitting you watch it is the first step.

You Tube link.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Oprah Winfrey on 10:05 - Mar 15 with 3452 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Renaming the Stadium "Oprah House" could potentially bring in 100 million .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Oprah Winfrey on 12:49 - Mar 15 with 3395 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oprah Winfrey on 02:33 - Mar 15 by Glyn1

Admitting you watch it is the first step.

You Tube link.

Letou's owners must be wetting their knickers with this publicity. Win the FA cup and our sponsorship deals will be worth a whole lot more

Oprah Winfrey on 14:41 - Mar 15 with 3327 viewsheadcleaner

Swansea football club. Never heard of em. Makes me want to puke. Leaches the lot of em
Oprah Winfrey on 17:22 - Mar 15 with 3293 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oprah Winfrey on 14:41 - Mar 15 by headcleaner

Swansea football club. Never heard of em. Makes me want to puke. Leaches the lot of em

Although nobody wanted to be taken over by an American hedge fund - that's the fault of Huw and co - we have to make the best of a bad situation.
And I think the higher the club's profile the more secure it will be - greater publicity should equal a higher level of scrutiny.

Oprah Winfrey on 17:39 - Mar 15 with 3271 viewsmax936

Oprah Winfrey on 17:22 - Mar 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Although nobody wanted to be taken over by an American hedge fund - that's the fault of Huw and co - we have to make the best of a bad situation.
And I think the higher the club's profile the more secure it will be - greater publicity should equal a higher level of scrutiny.

Well said Trumper

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Oprah Winfrey on 23:27 - Mar 15 with 3180 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Oprah Winfrey on 22:30 - Mar 14 by Darran

Probably because it’s as pathetic as it comes.

So then I take it you won't be wanting one of these:

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Login to get fewer ads

Oprah Winfrey on 23:32 - Mar 15 with 3175 viewsHighjack

She could get her best mate Harvey Weinstein on board now his film work has dried up. We need a new director of football.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Oprah Winfrey on 00:10 - Mar 16 with 3148 viewsGlyn1

Oprah Winfrey on 23:27 - Mar 15 by Tummer_from_Texas

Ha! I can't tell from the photo - is it Purple?

Oprah Winfrey on 00:36 - Mar 16 with 3122 viewslondonlisa2001

Oprah Winfrey on 23:27 - Mar 15 by Tummer_from_Texas

I must say I'm finding it amusing how quickly some of our American friends have swallowed their previous dislike of Oprah.

Imagine if she did invest Tummer and ran against Trump. You'd be in a terrible dither.

Good job that won't happen.
Oprah Winfrey on 03:23 - Mar 16 with 3074 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Oprah Winfrey on 00:36 - Mar 16 by londonlisa2001

I must say I'm finding it amusing how quickly some of our American friends have swallowed their previous dislike of Oprah.

Imagine if she did invest Tummer and ran against Trump. You'd be in a terrible dither.

Good job that won't happen.

I hate to even respond to this, just because this isn't a political thread and we have more than enough of those (particularly American political threads). But when have I ever said I don't like Oprah?

She's a bit leftist I suppose, but not unusually so for a celebrity, and she's not the least bit obnoxious about it like Rosie O'Donnell, Michael Moore, Chelsea Handler and many others. If I didn't like celebrities for being leftists, I'd have to stop watching movies and TV and listening to just about all of the rock artists I love except for Billy Corgan and Rush.

As for Oprah though, I don't know much about her specific political stances, but she's a brilliant capitalist and a pretty cool lady otherwise, apart from her association with Harvey Weinstein. Most of the Democratic party has taken a hard left recently due to Trump Derangement Syndrome; I'd have to see if that has happened to her and if she'd likely roll back any of the progress DJT has made with deregulation, before I could decide if she was worth my vote if she ran. And make no mistake, it's WAY too early to say she won't do it in 2020 just because she says she's not interested in early 2018. But whether or not she invests in SCFC won't have anything to do with whether or not I'll support her, that's just silly.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 3:40]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Oprah Winfrey on 04:01 - Mar 16 with 3057 viewsMo_Wives

Oprah Winfrey on 03:23 - Mar 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

I hate to even respond to this, just because this isn't a political thread and we have more than enough of those (particularly American political threads). But when have I ever said I don't like Oprah?

She's a bit leftist I suppose, but not unusually so for a celebrity, and she's not the least bit obnoxious about it like Rosie O'Donnell, Michael Moore, Chelsea Handler and many others. If I didn't like celebrities for being leftists, I'd have to stop watching movies and TV and listening to just about all of the rock artists I love except for Billy Corgan and Rush.

As for Oprah though, I don't know much about her specific political stances, but she's a brilliant capitalist and a pretty cool lady otherwise, apart from her association with Harvey Weinstein. Most of the Democratic party has taken a hard left recently due to Trump Derangement Syndrome; I'd have to see if that has happened to her and if she'd likely roll back any of the progress DJT has made with deregulation, before I could decide if she was worth my vote if she ran. And make no mistake, it's WAY too early to say she won't do it in 2020 just because she says she's not interested in early 2018. But whether or not she invests in SCFC won't have anything to do with whether or not I'll support her, that's just silly.

Do you know why you feel like that Tex? it's because you are not a bigot. You don't have to agree with someone's beliefs to be able to tolerate or even like them or agree with them on another subject. TBH, if someone is surprised that people can be this way they may need to turn their judgemental eye on themselves. They may well be a bigot.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Oprah Winfrey on 04:15 - Mar 16 with 3051 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Oprah Winfrey on 04:01 - Mar 16 by Mo_Wives

Do you know why you feel like that Tex? it's because you are not a bigot. You don't have to agree with someone's beliefs to be able to tolerate or even like them or agree with them on another subject. TBH, if someone is surprised that people can be this way they may need to turn their judgemental eye on themselves. They may well be a bigot.

Oh I'm most definitely a bigot...when it comes to Oklahomans.

Oprah Winfrey on 04:20 - Mar 16 with 3048 viewsMo_Wives

Oprah Winfrey on 04:15 - Mar 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

Well at least you're honest about it, my friend. Let's see if others can be as honest as you, step forward and say me too (not #metoo)

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Oprah Winfrey on 06:33 - Mar 16 with 3004 viewsGlyn1

Oprah Winfrey on 04:15 - Mar 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

Those dam Okies, living in the next-door state, and coming across the border to steal our jobs. Borrowing the lawn mower and never returning it and playing country music way too loud.

Oprah Winfrey on 14:30 - Mar 16 with 2898 viewslondonlisa2001

Oprah Winfrey on 03:23 - Mar 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

The first bit was in response to reading the twitter thing you posted and some other conversations I saw when I clicked on it. It wasn't directed at you.

The second bit I was teasing you Tummer. It wasn't a serious comment.

Note to self - UK / US humour doesn't always translate.
Oprah Winfrey on 16:11 - Mar 16 with 2842 viewssherpajacob

Oprah Winfrey on 13:21 - Mar 14 by Mo_Wives

And they look like each other.

Edit - Sorry, I was thinking of Tim Witherspoon.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 13:22]

If I was Tim I'd ask for a paternity test

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024