Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans battering at Huddersfield 16:40 - Mar 14 with 7394 viewsswancity

Shows the most one sided statistics in Premier League history for a game where a team has actually taken something from the game albeit just one point

30 goal attempts for the home team, a struggling Huddersfield, to none for the Swans, only 19% ball possession for Swans and most of that in our own half, with 12 corners to nil.

In the circumstances ( player sent off after 10 minutes ) the point was seen as a miraculous achievement but let's be honest it wasn't really was it. Again we rode our luck. For sheer determination we deserved a point but let's be honest, determination from players is a minimum requirement isn't it. It was most definitely nothing to write home about as welcome and possibly vital as the one point is.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 21:28 - Mar 15 with 1669 viewsTheResurrection

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 21:09 - Mar 15 by jack247

Ok, I’ll put it a different way.

If you didn’t see the game and purely relied on the stats, that would look like our worst performance this season, worse than anything under Monk, Bradley or Clement. The Tottenham away game wouldn’t be too far ahead of it stats wise. You know as well as anyone they were both far from that.

Not really.

The stats are the ultimate truth. Non disputable.

Now stats without theory or context mean fack all,tape that's what the old goat Davilin could never get his head around.

So, the context of this game was we defended for our life and offered zero, and like the stats said and mean, ZERO, in attack.

It was one of our worst "performances" because we didn't "perform", we didn't string passes together.

But we did contain them very well, in the main, just like the Tottenham game, that's an art, but nevertheless the stats really did paint the whole picture there.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 21:36 - Mar 15 with 1651 viewsmax936

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 12:17 - Mar 15 by Oldjack

but he's a speed merchant of a striker ,which we just haven't got to catch them on the break ,hence my original post ,you wobbly jelly

Vardy doesn't play for Huddersfield so your point is null and void you massive Trumpet.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 21:40 - Mar 15 with 1648 viewsjack247

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 21:28 - Mar 15 by TheResurrection

Not really.

The stats are the ultimate truth. Non disputable.

Now stats without theory or context mean fack all,tape that's what the old goat Davilin could never get his head around.

So, the context of this game was we defended for our life and offered zero, and like the stats said and mean, ZERO, in attack.

It was one of our worst "performances" because we didn't "perform", we didn't string passes together.

But we did contain them very well, in the main, just like the Tottenham game, that's an art, but nevertheless the stats really did paint the whole picture there.

‘Stats without theory or context mean fack all’. Exactly. That’s the point I was making when I said stats could be very misleading. They show you what happened, they don’t show you how or why, which you kind of need to determine if it’s a good performance.

Both the Huddersfield and Spurs games are good examples of that. I haven’t seen the stats for the excellent Liverpool home win, but they would probably back my point up as well.

I’m not going to disagree with anything else you’ve said. How you define performances is subjective. I’d class a disciplined defensive shut out like that as a very good performance, but you are right, if we are judging it on pass completion, possession or attacking threat, we didn’t offer anything at all.
Swans battering at Huddersfield on 07:39 - Mar 16 with 1585 viewscanhecatchit

Think you would find that if they had stats for the 1964 FA cup q/ final at Anfield then that would have been the most one sided affair where we actually escaped with a win lol

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 07:58 - Mar 16 with 1574 viewsSTID2017

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 07:39 - Mar 16 by canhecatchit

Think you would find that if they had stats for the 1964 FA cup q/ final at Anfield then that would have been the most one sided affair where we actually escaped with a win lol

I'm sure that the same applied to the 5-0 defeat in the FA Cup (1981) Third Round suffered at the hands of Middlesbrough.
I'm sure stats of the day would have shown that we were the dominant side in that game.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 09:26 - Mar 16 with 1546 viewsswancity

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 21:40 - Mar 15 by jack247

‘Stats without theory or context mean fack all’. Exactly. That’s the point I was making when I said stats could be very misleading. They show you what happened, they don’t show you how or why, which you kind of need to determine if it’s a good performance.

Both the Huddersfield and Spurs games are good examples of that. I haven’t seen the stats for the excellent Liverpool home win, but they would probably back my point up as well.

I’m not going to disagree with anything else you’ve said. How you define performances is subjective. I’d class a disciplined defensive shut out like that as a very good performance, but you are right, if we are judging it on pass completion, possession or attacking threat, we didn’t offer anything at all.

You seem to now have grasped the difference between a good performance which this wasn't and a battling, defensive, committed display to get a draw where our team did virtually nothing going forward. Of course it turned out to be a very good point but I'm not sure that Huddersfield have a good enough side for us to implement such defensive emphasis and showing them too much respect in the process. Now West Ham at home was a 'good performance'. I'm pleased you can now see the difference.👍

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 09:38 - Mar 16 with 1536 viewslancasterswan

I don't think anyone has mentioned this above. On paper the 'stats' look awful. In reality the team were heroic in battling every moment, every tackle. If we stay up on GD it is results like this that are crucial. I still think it might go down to GD even if we aren't involved.

The bottom line is that Carlos said a month ago he didn't have much regard for stats. I know that after the game I was hungry, but felt that I had eaten half a chicken
Swans battering at Huddersfield on 10:32 - Mar 16 with 1499 viewsjack247

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 09:26 - Mar 16 by swancity

You seem to now have grasped the difference between a good performance which this wasn't and a battling, defensive, committed display to get a draw where our team did virtually nothing going forward. Of course it turned out to be a very good point but I'm not sure that Huddersfield have a good enough side for us to implement such defensive emphasis and showing them too much respect in the process. Now West Ham at home was a 'good performance'. I'm pleased you can now see the difference.👍

I’ll simplify my final paragraph for you. Some people will judge a fantastic defensive performance for what it is and understand that in order to give ourselves the best chance of a point, we had to sacrifice all attacking intent. Others would prefer we had a go at them, even though that would increase the likelihood of defeat. It’s up to the individual how they judge it. I’m pretty sure Carlos would have been delighted with the performance. Your prerogative to disagree.

Yes, the West Ham game was a great performance, but you’re really going down the Jack and Jill route if you need to compare it to a game we had eleven men on the pitch for and won at a canter.

What did you think of the Liverpool game where we had 28% of possession (against a better team but at home with eleven men) and 3 shots to their 21?
Login to get fewer ads

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 10:42 - Mar 16 with 1491 viewsswancity

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 10:32 - Mar 16 by jack247

I’ll simplify my final paragraph for you. Some people will judge a fantastic defensive performance for what it is and understand that in order to give ourselves the best chance of a point, we had to sacrifice all attacking intent. Others would prefer we had a go at them, even though that would increase the likelihood of defeat. It’s up to the individual how they judge it. I’m pretty sure Carlos would have been delighted with the performance. Your prerogative to disagree.

Yes, the West Ham game was a great performance, but you’re really going down the Jack and Jill route if you need to compare it to a game we had eleven men on the pitch for and won at a canter.

What did you think of the Liverpool game where we had 28% of possession (against a better team but at home with eleven men) and 3 shots to their 21?

Yawn yawn thrice yawn.

Liverpool? Who are one of the top sides in the Country, 1/4 Final Champions League, had only lost two league games when we played them. But we still attacked them when we had the chance. Immaterial and no comparison tho. This was Huddersfield.

And no you do not need to sacrifice all attacking intent as you put it. That's where you fail to understand. You break quickly when opposition are vulnerable. It's how Leicester won the League. That's my final comment on it. You crack on for the next couple of weeks tho if you wish.

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 10:56 - Mar 16 with 1483 viewsjack247

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 10:42 - Mar 16 by swancity

Yawn yawn thrice yawn.

Liverpool? Who are one of the top sides in the Country, 1/4 Final Champions League, had only lost two league games when we played them. But we still attacked them when we had the chance. Immaterial and no comparison tho. This was Huddersfield.

And no you do not need to sacrifice all attacking intent as you put it. That's where you fail to understand. You break quickly when opposition are vulnerable. It's how Leicester won the League. That's my final comment on it. You crack on for the next couple of weeks tho if you wish.

The problem here mate is you’re trying to patronise me and making yourself look simple.

Maybe you don’t see playing with 10 men for 80 odd minutes as much of a disadvantage. Maybe you don’t realise Carlos set out to achieve exactly what we did achieve as soon as Ayew went off. That the performance was exactly what he wanted. Maybe you don’t quite understand how defensively Leicester actually played when they won the league, or that they had the pace of Vardy, the creativity of Mahrez and the energy of Okazaki when they countered.

Again, breaking quickly when the opposition are vulnerable is football for dummies page 1. If you do that with less players on the pitch, you leave yourself more vulnerable than them. Sometimes worth that risk, Carlos didn’t think it was Saturday and the result vindicates him.

Maybe you don’t realise that even before the sending off, that was more of a must win for them and a must not lose for us.

But you’re right, we were excellent against West Ham.
Swans battering at Huddersfield on 14:10 - Mar 16 with 1455 viewskarnataka

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 10:56 - Mar 16 by jack247

The problem here mate is you’re trying to patronise me and making yourself look simple.

Maybe you don’t see playing with 10 men for 80 odd minutes as much of a disadvantage. Maybe you don’t realise Carlos set out to achieve exactly what we did achieve as soon as Ayew went off. That the performance was exactly what he wanted. Maybe you don’t quite understand how defensively Leicester actually played when they won the league, or that they had the pace of Vardy, the creativity of Mahrez and the energy of Okazaki when they countered.

Again, breaking quickly when the opposition are vulnerable is football for dummies page 1. If you do that with less players on the pitch, you leave yourself more vulnerable than them. Sometimes worth that risk, Carlos didn’t think it was Saturday and the result vindicates him.

Maybe you don’t realise that even before the sending off, that was more of a must win for them and a must not lose for us.

But you’re right, we were excellent against West Ham.

Absolutely spot on about Leicester being defensive when they won the league. For their first 25 games, their average possession was 41%, the 2nd worst in the league, their average number of passes per game was 336, again the 2nd worst in the league and their pass completion was 69%, the worst in the league. Yet they were top, having lost only 2 of those 25 games.
Swans battering at Huddersfield on 15:51 - Mar 16 with 1421 viewsswancity

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 14:10 - Mar 16 by karnataka

Absolutely spot on about Leicester being defensive when they won the league. For their first 25 games, their average possession was 41%, the 2nd worst in the league, their average number of passes per game was 336, again the 2nd worst in the league and their pass completion was 69%, the worst in the league. Yet they were top, having lost only 2 of those 25 games.

And your point is?

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 16:50 - Mar 16 with 1389 viewsOldjack

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 21:36 - Mar 15 by max936

Vardy doesn't play for Huddersfield so your point is null and void you massive Trumpet.

i didn't say he did and what's that got to do with anything ,you fuking great pudding !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 17:13 - Mar 16 with 1378 viewswindy_city_jack

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 16:50 - Mar 14 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Those stats are more humiliating to Huddersfield than they are to us.

This is exactly it, if roles were reversed, and they had had a man sent off, at the Liberty, with 10 mins gone, and we drew 0-0 I'd be f@cking embarrassed.
Swans battering at Huddersfield on 18:27 - Mar 16 with 1367 viewsmax936

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 16:50 - Mar 16 by Oldjack

i didn't say he did and what's that got to do with anything ,you fuking great pudding !

You brought Vardy into the thread you daft old Carp, that's why its got somin to do with it. go and have another Jagerbomb

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 18:31 - Mar 16 with 1364 viewsmax936

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 10:42 - Mar 16 by swancity

Yawn yawn thrice yawn.

Who did we have to break quickly though? I know you are just using Leicester as a comparison but we haven't anything like the quality going forward as Leicester had that year and now for that matter and neither did they win it with 10 players.
We had 11 players on the park for the whole game against Liverpool to mun.

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 18:42 - Mar 16 with 1357 viewsmax936

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 16:50 - Mar 14 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Those stats are more humiliating to Huddersfield than they are to us.

Just noticed this post on a quote on page three, this should have been the thread ender once and for all, brilliantly summed up in one sentence

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 18:50 - Mar 16 with 1347 viewsOldjack

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 18:27 - Mar 16 by max936

You brought Vardy into the thread you daft old Carp, that's why its got somin to do with it. go and have another Jagerbomb

jeezzz he was an example of what we are missing to hit teams on the break you thick pudding ,ffs go and lay in a dark room

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:04 - Mar 16 with 1338 viewsmax936

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 18:50 - Mar 16 by Oldjack

jeezzz he was an example of what we are missing to hit teams on the break you thick pudding ,ffs go and lay in a dark room

I know that's what we we're missing, so therefore you cannot expect us to break out with pace when we haven't got it, even with using what we have got in Dyer and Narsingh who are all we got and with 10 men they are certainly not the answer, they're not the answer with 11 men
As frustrating as it was to watch us defend and defend we did what we did and got away with it, we'd have won that with 11 men, I've no doubt after watching the game.

Yours sincerely Mr Pudding,

Over and fuking out.

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:28 - Mar 16 with 1322 viewsOldjack

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:04 - Mar 16 by max936

I know that's what we we're missing, so therefore you cannot expect us to break out with pace when we haven't got it, even with using what we have got in Dyer and Narsingh who are all we got and with 10 men they are certainly not the answer, they're not the answer with 11 men
As frustrating as it was to watch us defend and defend we did what we did and got away with it, we'd have won that with 11 men, I've no doubt after watching the game.

Yours sincerely Mr Pudding,

Over and fuking out.

go to bed ffs !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024