Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans battering at Huddersfield 16:40 - Mar 14 with 7403 viewsswancity

Shows the most one sided statistics in Premier League history for a game where a team has actually taken something from the game albeit just one point

30 goal attempts for the home team, a struggling Huddersfield, to none for the Swans, only 19% ball possession for Swans and most of that in our own half, with 12 corners to nil.

In the circumstances ( player sent off after 10 minutes ) the point was seen as a miraculous achievement but let's be honest it wasn't really was it. Again we rode our luck. For sheer determination we deserved a point but let's be honest, determination from players is a minimum requirement isn't it. It was most definitely nothing to write home about as welcome and possibly vital as the one point is.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 16:44 - Mar 14 with 4049 viewsthornabyswan

Plenty to write home about the 3 centre backs and Fabianski were brilliant.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 16:47 - Mar 14 with 4018 viewsSwanjaxs

But only one statistic matters ...... 👍😎
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 16:48]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 16:49 - Mar 14 with 4019 viewsJokeren1943

Did Swansea stand a chance with 10 players against a poor team as Huddersfield? - for some reason it was portrait in the media as we were playing against Barcelona.

Swansea should have been more agressive - defend deep and waited for lethal counterattacks - instead we played like Man. United.
Swans battering at Huddersfield on 16:49 - Mar 14 with 4016 viewsangryjack

Statistics not worth paper they written on only thing that matters is scoreline
Swans battering at Huddersfield on 16:50 - Mar 14 with 4012 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Those stats are more humiliating to Huddersfield than they are to us.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 16:54 - Mar 14 with 3983 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wonder if Man UTD will park the bus when we play them?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 17:11 - Mar 14 with 3947 viewskarnataka

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 16:49 - Mar 14 by angryjack

Statistics not worth paper they written on only thing that matters is scoreline

Particularly at this stage of the season.
Swans battering at Huddersfield on 17:18 - Mar 14 with 3931 viewsswancity

To help put this into context the record Premier League win was in 1995 when Man Utd beat Ipswich Town 9-0, scoring nine from their 21 goal attempts.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 17:22 - Mar 14 with 3919 viewsmax936

Stats mean the square root of fuk all the records will show is the score at the Full time whistle 0-0 and a point each, we could have put dyer on and gone for it and ended up getting our arses kicked 3-0 or more, those tactic's aren't a always gonna work for us so make the most of it when it does, could even have been better if Van Der Hoorn and made a decent contact with that chance he had and Tammy when he had his chance, at the end of the day a points a point.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 17:26 - Mar 14 with 3908 viewsunion_jack

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 17:22 - Mar 14 by max936

Stats mean the square root of fuk all the records will show is the score at the Full time whistle 0-0 and a point each, we could have put dyer on and gone for it and ended up getting our arses kicked 3-0 or more, those tactic's aren't a always gonna work for us so make the most of it when it does, could even have been better if Van Der Hoorn and made a decent contact with that chance he had and Tammy when he had his chance, at the end of the day a points a point.

We should have put Dyer in, taken a defender off.

Then everyone could say what a positive side we are, losing 4-0.

What would I prefer, that scenario or nil-nil parking the bus🤔

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 17:35 - Mar 14 with 3879 viewsjack247

This is why stats can be so misleading. They had 3 decent chances I can remember, the volley, a cross shot in the second half and the header against the bar right at the end. I think 4 of their 30 shots were on target?

We didn’t try to take the game to them at all, we just challenged them to break us down and they weren’t able to. They had 81% possession and all the corners and territory, because every time we got the ball, we pretty much just launched it towards an unsupported Ayew, reset and waited for it to come back.

We played for 0-0 for 80 odd minutes and bar a couple of scares, achieved it fairly comfortably. We could have taken the game to them, the stats would have looked better but we probably would have lost.
Swans battering at Huddersfield on 18:39 - Mar 14 with 3789 viewsGlyn1

But we've had a forward sent off against other teams and not had such a battering as this - it's not as if our defence was disrupted by Ayew going off.

And while it was great to see Andre constantly tracking back to help out, and high praise for his work-rate, maybe he should have stayed upfield to give Huddersfield something to worry about.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 18:49 - Mar 14 with 3745 viewsSwanjaxs

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 18:39 - Mar 14 by Glyn1

But we've had a forward sent off against other teams and not had such a battering as this - it's not as if our defence was disrupted by Ayew going off.

And while it was great to see Andre constantly tracking back to help out, and high praise for his work-rate, maybe he should have stayed upfield to give Huddersfield something to worry about.

Down to 10 men after eleven minutes away to a relegation rival, fought like demons and come away with a priceless point that could be the difference between staying up or going down .... and still people moan ffs! If this scenario would have happened under Clements it would have been a massacre.... only on Planet Swans aye 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 18:49 - Mar 14 with 3753 viewstomdickharry

In all reality losing one player shouldn't make all that difference just keep hold of the ball rather than hoof it up the field,because most of the time back it comes.
Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:03 - Mar 14 with 3704 viewsOldjack

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 16:49 - Mar 14 by Jokeren1943

Did Swansea stand a chance with 10 players against a poor team as Huddersfield? - for some reason it was portrait in the media as we were playing against Barcelona.

Swansea should have been more agressive - defend deep and waited for lethal counterattacks - instead we played like Man. United.

You need speed merchants to counter attack,i don't think we got any of them

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:06 - Mar 14 with 3689 viewsbuilthjack

We had 2 good chances.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:07 - Mar 14 with 3686 viewsmax936

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:03 - Mar 14 by Oldjack

You need speed merchants to counter attack,i don't think we got any of them

Dyer and Narsingh, but you wouldn't have put them on Saturday unless we had gone a goal down and then it would only been Dyer as he will defend, I was happy with the point after being down to 10 men for so long, games gone now and history will tell you in yrs to come that the game ended 0-0 nothing else.

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:16 - Mar 14 with 3657 viewsjack247

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 18:39 - Mar 14 by Glyn1

Of course our defence was disrupted, they didn’t have an outlet as the midfield was stopping Huddersfield attacking centrally and Ayew was isolated. We gambled on them not being able to either play through our midfield or get any joy from wide with our three centre backs defending crosses. To do that we had to abandon any attacking intent, which meant fighting off wave after wave of attacks.

Not losing a player in defence doesn’t mean it’s not affected.
Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:19 - Mar 14 with 3638 viewsDarran

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:07 - Mar 14 by max936

Dyer and Narsingh, but you wouldn't have put them on Saturday unless we had gone a goal down and then it would only been Dyer as he will defend, I was happy with the point after being down to 10 men for so long, games gone now and history will tell you in yrs to come that the game ended 0-0 nothing else.

Well said Max,it’s a particularly stupid fuçking thread anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:23 - Mar 14 with 3628 viewsmax936

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:16 - Mar 14 by jack247

Of course our defence was disrupted, they didn’t have an outlet as the midfield was stopping Huddersfield attacking centrally and Ayew was isolated. We gambled on them not being able to either play through our midfield or get any joy from wide with our three centre backs defending crosses. To do that we had to abandon any attacking intent, which meant fighting off wave after wave of attacks.

Not losing a player in defence doesn’t mean it’s not affected.

We'd have won that 11 v 11 I'm convinced of that after watching the game I wasn't convinced before the game though, I'd also say if Hogg had been sent off for the foul on Ki as he should have been, I'd have fancied us then as well, as Dyer would have come on probably giving us extra zip with Tammy.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 19:23]

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:30 - Mar 14 with 3594 viewsLoyal

Fck their stats.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:36 - Mar 14 with 3577 viewstheloneranger

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:23 - Mar 14 by max936

We'd have won that 11 v 11 I'm convinced of that after watching the game I wasn't convinced before the game though, I'd also say if Hogg had been sent off for the foul on Ki as he should have been, I'd have fancied us then as well, as Dyer would have come on probably giving us extra zip with Tammy.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 19:23]

Max, it was Hadergjonaj who should have had the red card for the tackle on Ki.

Hogg should have gone in the first half, which should have made it 10 v 9 and 3 points for the Swans.

Anyway it was a great fighting point and could be crucial when the season ends.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 19:46 - Mar 14 with 3545 viewsswancity

The record books will indeed always show it as a 0-0. But whichever way you look at it we were lucky to escape with a point which explains the jubilant scenes at the final whistle. A tactical masterclass I heard it referred to? I think not. Getting everyone behind the ball and to defend deeply and in numbers is the easiest tactic in the book. It was our tactic at Spurs, another 0-0 where the home team dominated and deserved a big win. Another game where our goalkeeper was the clear man of the match. The difference with Carvalhal is that he can and does vary tactics, formation and game plans considerably.

Swans battering at Huddersfield on 20:35 - Mar 14 with 3481 viewsN_T_J

Carcking point.
Swans battering at Huddersfield on 20:39 - Mar 14 with 3476 viewscmajack

While I was absolutely thrilled with the point gained , thought the swans might have created something during the 90 minutes. Teams do win playing with 10 men and like another poster said it was Huddersfield and not man city we were playing against. Southend actually beat the swans down the vetch with 8 players and I think they actually scored their 3rd goal with only 8 players on at the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024