Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread 16:56 - Mar 14 with 26687 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:22 - Mar 17 with 2301 viewslifelong

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:16 - Mar 17 by londonlisa2001

Well I'm glad I didn't travel for that one!

I personally thought that the changes were the big difference. Bartley and Nordfeldt were real weaknesses as was Tammy (I have no idea what his actual strength is, as he's equally inept with the ball to feet, ball in space, ball in the air as far as I can see). Carroll was also poor today I thought.

Having said that, Spurs were very, very good, and have made teams much better than us look awful before, as they will again. I suspect they'll win this.

Ho hum. I've moved on already to be honest. It shows in some ways that we have very little strength in depth, although I guess we really did have quite a few missing. King, Fer and Sanches in the middle, both Ayews and Bony up top, Fernandez and Fabianski at the back - thats a big ask for a club like us.and of that list, only Sanches and Bony wouldn't be big improvements on the team we fielded.

I thought Nordfeldt had a very good game. Made two brilliant saves.
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:25 - Mar 17 with 2285 viewsSTID2017

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 14:26 - Mar 17 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t agree about the lack of desire. It’s an easy out when we’ve just had a tuning from a far better team. But opinions eh. Can’t comment on the atmosphere, I wasn’t there. Could only hear spurs fans on TV mind.

I usually sit in the South but today I sat in the East towards the North.
I was expecting a cauldron from the start, but it was sadly like a morgue. Unbelievebly it just went downhill from there, especially after they scored the first.
The poor performance didn't help any.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:25 - Mar 17 with 2284 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:21 - Mar 17 by londonlisa2001

I thought so, yes.

He made a couple of excellent saves, but I thought his throw out to Naughton was stupid for their second goal and I thought he should have saved the third goal. He also fumbled the ball after that which ended up going for a corner, but should have been scored by Llorente.

Ok. I must have missed some of those when I stomped out of the room in disgust😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:31 - Mar 17 with 2264 viewsMorristonmike

What a shit game I would say shit effort but there was none. Turning away from the ball trying to block it boils my blood. Boooo
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:37 - Mar 17 with 2219 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:22 - Mar 17 by lifelong

I thought Nordfeldt had a very good game. Made two brilliant saves.

I suppose I'm taking the ability of a keeper at this level to make saves from long distance shots for granted to be honest. I agree they were good save, but for me, two of the goals were at least partly his fault.

His distribution was also poor today for me, when normally he's streets ahead of Fab on that.
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:39 - Mar 17 with 2210 viewsAmbergambler

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:37 - Mar 17 by londonlisa2001

I suppose I'm taking the ability of a keeper at this level to make saves from long distance shots for granted to be honest. I agree they were good save, but for me, two of the goals were at least partly his fault.

His distribution was also poor today for me, when normally he's streets ahead of Fab on that.

Thought he was our best player today.
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:43 - Mar 17 with 2192 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:39 - Mar 17 by Ambergambler

Everyone watches the same game and has very different opinions on it.

It's what makes it good fun !
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:56 - Mar 17 with 2123 viewslifelong

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:37 - Mar 17 by londonlisa2001

He had no chance with the first goal, Errikson was simple allowed to stroll through our midfield and do what he does best and stroke the ball into the top corner. The second goal was Naughton’s fault, he just needlessly gave the ball away.
The third goal was bound to happen, Spurs were just camped in our half and had taken up shooting practice.
A hugely disappointing day, I actually left 5 minutes before the end, something I never usually do.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 16:01 - Mar 17 with 2104 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:56 - Mar 17 by lifelong

He had no chance with the first goal, Errikson was simple allowed to stroll through our midfield and do what he does best and stroke the ball into the top corner. The second goal was Naughton’s fault, he just needlessly gave the ball away.
The third goal was bound to happen, Spurs were just camped in our half and had taken up shooting practice.
A hugely disappointing day, I actually left 5 minutes before the end, something I never usually do.

I thought the second goal came from Nortdfeldt putting Naughton under needless pressure with his throw. And the third goal he should have saved.

Anyway - they would have scored again had he saved it. They eased off a bit after that.
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 16:10 - Mar 17 with 2073 viewsCroftyjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 14:13 - Mar 17 by Ambergambler

It was always going to be a big ask. Put it behind us and concentrate on staying up now.

Sorry that don't wash it's a cup game and we're home....press and challenge would be a start.
Unfortunately though this shows an underlying character of out squad which can't be ignored just like last week.
2 games in a row as bad as under Bradley..hope it changes next game cos we not out of it yet.
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 16:22 - Mar 17 with 2037 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 16:10 - Mar 17 by Croftyjack

Sorry that don't wash it's a cup game and we're home....press and challenge would be a start.
Unfortunately though this shows an underlying character of out squad which can't be ignored just like last week.
2 games in a row as bad as under Bradley..hope it changes next game cos we not out of it yet.

Two games in a row. You're counting the Huddersfield re-enactment of Rorke's Drift as a Bradleyesque performance?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 16:27 - Mar 17 with 2018 viewsAmbergambler

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 16:10 - Mar 17 by Croftyjack

When Andy King played he improved the players round him. With the Ayew brothers not playing we had Tammy up front and he looked lost. Today's squad were simply not up to it.

With those three players back it's got to make a difference.
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 16:57 - Mar 17 with 1956 viewsFlashberryjack

I noticed several empty bags of crisps blowing over the pitch during the match, sadly some of those empty packets contributed more to the game than some of our players.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 17:01 - Mar 17 with 1947 viewsGowerjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:39 - Mar 17 by Ambergambler

Good lord ...

He was fûcking gash.

FACT?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 17:10 - Mar 17 with 1916 viewsAmbergambler

I'll rephrase it, he was the best of a bad bunch.
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 17:14 - Mar 17 with 1896 viewsSwanjaxs

All In all we got outa jail today, if Spurs had been bothered to move out of 2nd gear it would have been 6 or 7... play with that attitude at Old Trafford (even against a misfiring United)and it will be carnage
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 17:26]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 21:55 - Mar 17 with 1548 viewsmax936

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 15:21 - Mar 17 by londonlisa2001

I thought so, yes.

He made a couple of excellent saves, but I thought his throw out to Naughton was stupid for their second goal and I thought he should have saved the third goal. He also fumbled the ball after that which ended up going for a corner, but should have been scored by Llorente.

Wrong, Naughton always freezes against Spurs in fact he's just not very good. dreadful performance from all today though absolutely shocking in fact, despite Spurs being quite good and I hate saying that cause I jut don't like Spurs one iota.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024