Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread 16:56 - Mar 14 with 26674 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 09:21 - Mar 16 with 4341 viewsdameedna

Based on last game we were slaughtered first half but had a good second half. Erikson had way too much ball. However Spurs were lucky to win over 90 minutes but win they did. I have no idea how we will go this time but I would try and put in a better show first half. It would be nice to see Dyer take us through.
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 12:27 - Mar 16 with 4188 viewswestwalesed

Just bought tickets for myself and Mrs westwalesed today, shocked to see how many were left! I knew there was no rush from an earlier thread on here, but it's a piss poor effort!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 12:39 - Mar 16 with 4173 viewslonglostjack

They could have made it free entrance for under 16's and allocated a contingent for schools in the Swansea area.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 12:47 - Mar 16 with 4165 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 12:27 - Mar 16 by westwalesed

Just bought tickets for myself and Mrs westwalesed today, shocked to see how many were left! I knew there was no rush from an earlier thread on here, but it's a piss poor effort!

How many have been sold?
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 17:50 - Mar 16 with 3933 viewsAl_Bundy

Are we really going to field Bartley, Routledge and Nordfeldt tomorrow?

I sincerely hope not !!
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 18:01 - Mar 16 with 3919 viewsperplex

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 17:50 - Mar 16 by Al_Bundy

I sincerely hope not !!

Well if we do probably lose will become definitely lose.
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 18:12 - Mar 16 with 3904 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 18:01 - Mar 16 by perplex

Well if we do probably lose will become definitely lose.

Best side Carlos please? no time for sentiment of past rounds against lower league sides
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 19:20 - Mar 16 with 3848 viewssainthelens

If Spurs start with Dembele, Erickson and Ali....and we go with Bartley and Routledge, then even tho I'm the eternal optimist....I fear the worst.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 19:40 - Mar 16 with 3822 viewstomdickharry

The game will be tough enough even with our full side so let's field the strongest side available.
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 20:15 - Mar 16 with 3781 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 17:50 - Mar 16 by Al_Bundy

I sincerely hope not !!

With no match for 2 weeks I think we may very well go for the strongest first eleven.
This run has come in the wrong season for us. If Carlos can get us back to a comfotable mid table side next year, plus we were relatively injury free, then it would be the time to go for it. The odds are really against us this season.
At least we go into the game without any pressure (unlike Sputs) and we all know anything can happen in football......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 21:28 - Mar 16 with 3686 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 12:27 - Mar 16 by westwalesed

Crowd will be about 18k I reckon including 3k Spurs .......the Club stitching us up with the £3.50 per ticket ‘Booking Fee’ has definitely had an impact as well.

So much for the ‘Season Ticket Waiting List’ as well what a joke that is where are those people now if they are ‘gagging’ for tickets ?

This should be a capacity crowd every time but the Sellouts’ well documented disgraceful behaviour and all that is rotten within our Club leaves such a bad taste in the mouth ....

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 21:51 - Mar 16 with 3660 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 21:28 - Mar 16 by bonymine

Crowd will be about 18k I reckon including 3k Spurs .......the Club stitching us up with the £3.50 per ticket ‘Booking Fee’ has definitely had an impact as well.

So much for the ‘Season Ticket Waiting List’ as well what a joke that is where are those people now if they are ‘gagging’ for tickets ?

This should be a capacity crowd every time but the Sellouts’ well documented disgraceful behaviour and all that is rotten within our Club leaves such a bad taste in the mouth ....

I think it's a sign of how much store folk place on the cup. If it was a PL game it would be a sell-out well in advance.

To be honest, if we lose tomorrow I'll be more disappointed that our momentum may be affected rather than us being knocked out of the cup.

I'm old enough to remember the glory of the cup. It's not like that today.

Anyway, my opinion.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 22:39 - Mar 16 with 3608 viewsAl_Bundy

I think we have stunted our growth in support who attend match days. We have a core fan base of ST holders and a small walk up crowd but how to we grow any further interest when fans can't get tickets which was more of an issue the first 4 years of being in the Prem. There is an apathy among the floating fan and the fact ST holders who have passed up attending cup matches shows where the club has gone wrong commercially.
Limited liberty capacity has caused its own downfall to a degree. We had the interest in adding to our fan base in the early days of the prem but we've killed it off by not expanding for whatever reasons. I dare say if we win tomorrow there will be 40K wanting tickets.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 22:39]
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 22:48 - Mar 16 with 3597 viewswestwalesed

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 22:39 - Mar 16 by Al_Bundy

I think we have stunted our growth in support who attend match days. We have a core fan base of ST holders and a small walk up crowd but how to we grow any further interest when fans can't get tickets which was more of an issue the first 4 years of being in the Prem. There is an apathy among the floating fan and the fact ST holders who have passed up attending cup matches shows where the club has gone wrong commercially.
Limited liberty capacity has caused its own downfall to a degree. We had the interest in adding to our fan base in the early days of the prem but we've killed it off by not expanding for whatever reasons. I dare say if we win tomorrow there will be 40K wanting tickets.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 22:39]

If we win tomorrow we will easily take 25k to Webley I'd have thought - all very confusing really!

I myself am not a ST holder but get up for about 10 - 15 games a season. Might just get a Season ticket next year!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 22:59 - Mar 16 with 3587 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 22:48 - Mar 16 by westwalesed

If we win tomorrow we will easily take 25k to Webley I'd have thought - all very confusing really!

I myself am not a ST holder but get up for about 10 - 15 games a season. Might just get a Season ticket next year!

Yes but 40K will want go !.. I dare say many who want tickets haven't set foot in the Liberty all season either.
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 00:05 - Mar 17 with 3533 viewscockneyswan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43366963?intc_type=singletheme&intc_location

John Bishop , as funny as a rattle snake in a lucky dip
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 06:07 - Mar 17 with 3401 viewsSTID2017

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 21:51 - Mar 16 by union_jack

I think it's a sign of how much store folk place on the cup. If it was a PL game it would be a sell-out well in advance.

To be honest, if we lose tomorrow I'll be more disappointed that our momentum may be affected rather than us being knocked out of the cup.

I'm old enough to remember the glory of the cup. It's not like that today.

Anyway, my opinion.

I agree.
Plus for those of us lucky to have ST's or JA members who attend regularly, seeing a top English side does not hold the appeal it would have done when it was a once in a clue moon occurrence.
I'll be there later, but win lose or draw, it's the next 8 league games that count for me.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 07:17 - Mar 17 with 3361 viewsJohnw102

Think he will rest FF only one booking away from a suspension?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 08:31 - Mar 17 with 3316 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 07:17 - Mar 17 by Johnw102

Think he will rest FF only one booking away from a suspension?

If the suspension would be for 1 game, don't you think if he picks up a booking today, it be better to miss the United game rather than West Brom?
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 10:19 - Mar 17 with 3152 viewsMorristonmike

Come on the swans jack army
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 10:37 - Mar 17 with 3120 viewsLoyal

We have so many out today it will be a real cup shock if we win this.

Bony
King
Sanches
Ayew.J
Ayew.A
Fer

Honestly it's bare bones again. McBurnie would have been nice ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 11:18 - Mar 17 with 2997 viewsjasper_T

George Byers finally makes the bench. Well deserved.
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 11:32 - Mar 17 with 2876 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 11:18 - Mar 17 by jasper_T

George Byers finally makes the bench. Well deserved.

Shame Fab isn’t in. I understand why, but this is no time for sentiment.
The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 11:33 - Mar 17 with 2864 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Spurs FA Cup Quarter Final Match Thread on 11:47 - Mar 17 with 2753 viewsLeonWasGod

Here’s how the Laaaaanderners are lining up

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024