Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Clucas 13:12 - Mar 16 with 5957 viewsSmellyplumz

http://nr.news-republic.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=4&articleid=140489276&s

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Sam Clucas on 22:30 - Mar 16 with 1615 viewsbuilthjack

He was very ordinary for Hereford. But hope he proves people wrong and turns out to be a great. Long way to go yet though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sam Clucas on 22:46 - Mar 16 with 1599 viewsDr_Winston

We probably paid too much for Clucas but that's the market our complete lack of a competent scouting structure has us operating in. He certainly suits Carvalhal's style far more than he did Clement's though. Good, hardworking player capable of doing well in a counterattacking system.

As for Cork, he was an excellent player for us, but as he wasn't Leon the usual idiots targeted him. I'm delighted to see him do so well for Burnley.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sam Clucas on 23:12 - Mar 16 with 1564 viewsKilkennyjack

Sam Clucas on 22:46 - Mar 16 by Dr_Winston

We probably paid too much for Clucas but that's the market our complete lack of a competent scouting structure has us operating in. He certainly suits Carvalhal's style far more than he did Clement's though. Good, hardworking player capable of doing well in a counterattacking system.

As for Cork, he was an excellent player for us, but as he wasn't Leon the usual idiots targeted him. I'm delighted to see him do so well for Burnley.

Pretty much spot on.

Clucas under CC looks premier league class at last, and an asset.

and ‘limited’Cork is defo no Leon.

Beware of the Risen People

Sam Clucas on 23:27 - Mar 16 with 1552 viewsTheResurrection

Sam Clucas on 22:46 - Mar 16 by Dr_Winston

He had a few good games at the start (Cork) but there's nothing outstanding about him of late.

Cork is decent, nothing more, nothing less. Every now and again he'll have a real stand out game where he's bossed a midfield and genuinely come out on top in the midfield battle. That rarely runs into a stretch of good form so it was unusual for it to happen at Burnley.

Let's be honest as well, he isn't Leon, he's not clever enough and skilful enough on the ball and he's as good at linking the 2 ends of formations.

People moaned about Clucas being a direct replacement for Siggy and that he just wasn't anywhere near as good or effective. Well Siggy was shoehorned into our side for the vast majority of last season in a front wider role. A position he would never choose as his own and one which made us lopsided, unbalanced and he was only there because he has a shot on him and his free kicks. Siggy was never involved in the careful construction of moves, he wasn't that pivotal player that influenced games from open play. His stats are ALWAYS the same. He gets around 20-25 touches in a game. Compare that to even Naughton who gets on average 3 times that it really goes to show how much of a lack of influence in games he really was - until of course a free kick came our way.

It wasn't great was it, watching that, nobody can really genuinely say that could they?

What Clucas automatically gives us in a similar role, when he's been played in his more suited position, is that balance. He's also a lot more involved in the midfield construction. Yeah, he hasn't got Siggy's technique from dead balls and that's stood out in people's minds. They think they've genuinely lost one of the better players in the EPL - and he just isn't. Never was, never will be.

Clucas has paid the price for this, he's also paid his dues and it's about time we genuinely accept him and what he brings. He's a genuine left sided operator and he's got an eye for goal. When chasing games he can also play wing back in all meat on the bbq type scenarios.There's more to come.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Sam Clucas on 01:23 - Mar 17 with 1496 viewsJack_Meoff

The ginger stepchild you'd celebrate.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Sam Clucas on 02:57 - Mar 17 with 1481 viewsDJack

Sam Clucas on 19:00 - Mar 16 by TheResurrection

All mine is still in tact. You know it so does everyone else.

Clement was the answer but nobody could've seen his demise and stubbornness this season.

Hull were far better when Silva came in after they'd sold their so called better players. Ask Clucas.

Siggy is bang average

Jenkins CV continues to impress.

You're not fit to wipe my arse Anthony Lewis

"Clement was the answer but nobody could've seen his demise and stubbornness this season."

The most contradictory statement that you could ever see is above! He was either the answer or he was not (across two 1& half seasons).

Jenkins CV is only OK for picking managers other than that he is Shit!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Sam Clucas on 03:12 - Mar 17 with 1474 viewsDJack

Sam Clucas on 23:27 - Mar 16 by TheResurrection

He had a few good games at the start (Cork) but there's nothing outstanding about him of late.

Cork is decent, nothing more, nothing less. Every now and again he'll have a real stand out game where he's bossed a midfield and genuinely come out on top in the midfield battle. That rarely runs into a stretch of good form so it was unusual for it to happen at Burnley.

Let's be honest as well, he isn't Leon, he's not clever enough and skilful enough on the ball and he's as good at linking the 2 ends of formations.

People moaned about Clucas being a direct replacement for Siggy and that he just wasn't anywhere near as good or effective. Well Siggy was shoehorned into our side for the vast majority of last season in a front wider role. A position he would never choose as his own and one which made us lopsided, unbalanced and he was only there because he has a shot on him and his free kicks. Siggy was never involved in the careful construction of moves, he wasn't that pivotal player that influenced games from open play. His stats are ALWAYS the same. He gets around 20-25 touches in a game. Compare that to even Naughton who gets on average 3 times that it really goes to show how much of a lack of influence in games he really was - until of course a free kick came our way.

It wasn't great was it, watching that, nobody can really genuinely say that could they?

What Clucas automatically gives us in a similar role, when he's been played in his more suited position, is that balance. He's also a lot more involved in the midfield construction. Yeah, he hasn't got Siggy's technique from dead balls and that's stood out in people's minds. They think they've genuinely lost one of the better players in the EPL - and he just isn't. Never was, never will be.

Clucas has paid the price for this, he's also paid his dues and it's about time we genuinely accept him and what he brings. He's a genuine left sided operator and he's got an eye for goal. When chasing games he can also play wing back in all meat on the bbq type scenarios.There's more to come.

This post is very good , mate...but it does ignore Siggy's great drive and effort and you deride him for not being pivotal...he could be but do(did) you deride the rest of the squad for not being pivotal?

Once again the stuff on Cork and Clucas was very good but the comments on Siggy were biased.

Thanks.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Sam Clucas on 06:25 - Mar 17 with 1448 viewsSTID2017

Sam Clucas on 15:22 - Mar 16 by TheResurrection

Wow, this is utter shit.

Truly embarrassing stuff

I like Clucas, but you really think he's worth £17 million ?
Keep taking the tablets

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Clucas on 06:53 - Mar 17 with 1440 viewsCooperman

Sam Clucas on 03:12 - Mar 17 by DJack

This post is very good , mate...but it does ignore Siggy's great drive and effort and you deride him for not being pivotal...he could be but do(did) you deride the rest of the squad for not being pivotal?

Once again the stuff on Cork and Clucas was very good but the comments on Siggy were biased.

Thanks.

Drive and effort is great but if the system being played renders the player ineffective then it adds little value; anyone can put the miles in on the pitch but what is the point if they’re not involved in the game?

I’ll never fault Siggy’s effort but he was absolutely a square peg in a round hole. Clucas is categorically a much better fit but Clement generally chose to also play him out of position. Carlos has addressed that to considerable degree.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Sam Clucas on 07:12 - Mar 17 with 1434 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Clucas is a better goal scorer than Cock who managed only 4 goals in 80 appearances. Clucas has managed 3 in his 23 appearances.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Sam Clucas on 07:14 - Mar 17 with 1430 viewsSTID2017

Sam Clucas on 02:57 - Mar 17 by DJack

"Clement was the answer but nobody could've seen his demise and stubbornness this season."

The most contradictory statement that you could ever see is above! He was either the answer or he was not (across two 1& half seasons).

Dj. The Res would argue with himself inside a phone box.
He doesn't know what he's talking about, keeps on slamming Gylfi and Llorente, even though (for us) the two were key players last season, defends HJ (who whilst he has done some good in the past has lately shown himself up big style, to put it politely) and defends Clement, who did a good job last season but proved himself to be a one-dimensional manager.
Oh yes, and this must be one of our very few followers who supported Bobbly's appointment then suggested he was better than Clement !
Sorry but he is barking mad

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sam Clucas on 08:13 - Mar 17 with 1408 viewsJFSwan

Cork is a better centre midfielder.
Clucas is the better Left Winger
Sam Clucas on 08:31 - Mar 17 with 1405 viewsRichardO

Clucas has given us balance on the left and not frightened of getting in the box causing a diversion for opposition defenders , looks for runs in behind defenders and is quite happy to put a shift in the midfield not pulling out of tackles (like some " better players").
Does he fit in the way we playing now and play well?
Was it good business in the summer to sell Cork and loss our left back cover Kingsley?
Is Olsson going to be able to sprint the full length of the pitch all season, be able to defend against Premier League quality attacker and not be out with muscle injuries given his injury history last year.
Clucas in the team helps Olsson at the moment (as does playing three centre backs) and he seems to be learning, so hopefully he will continue to improve..
Sam Clucas on 10:37 - Mar 17 with 1366 viewsTheResurrection

Sam Clucas on 02:57 - Mar 17 by DJack

You may want to scroll back to this board in April and May and realise he was universally accepted as being the answer.

It's unfair on anyone involved, fans and Club Board, to be so churlish as to pretend he wasn't

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Sam Clucas on 10:42 - Mar 17 with 1355 viewsTheResurrection

Sam Clucas on 06:25 - Mar 17 by STID2017

I like Clucas, but you really think he's worth £17 million ?
Keep taking the tablets

I don't judge a player by his price tag. He didn't set it.

Do you think Siggy is worth 45m?

Just get on with it, but I will say, if we stay up, he probably was worth every penny.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024