Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Clucas 13:12 - Mar 16 with 5923 viewsSmellyplumz

http://nr.news-republic.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=4&articleid=140489276&s

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Sam Clucas on 13:51 - Mar 16 with 4199 viewsicecoldjack

Like with the other players has improved under Carlos, but when you consider he's nowhere near a lot of players that have come and gone like JDG,Cork etc paying £17m even in this day and age is an utter rip off.

Seems a nice bloke and i'm really happy he's making headway, the transfer fee almost killed him but that's not his fault, reading the interview he doesn't seem to be as mentally strong as he should be, which is something he needs to work on .

Fingers crossed he bangs a few more goals in before the end of the season .
Sam Clucas on 14:27 - Mar 16 with 4094 viewsFireboy2

I stopped reading when he said he supported manure

Fvck him
Sam Clucas on 14:27 - Mar 16 with 4093 viewsFireboy2

I stopped reading when he said he supported manure

Fvck him
Sam Clucas on 14:35 - Mar 16 with 4056 viewsJango

Sam Clucas on 13:51 - Mar 16 by icecoldjack

Like with the other players has improved under Carlos, but when you consider he's nowhere near a lot of players that have come and gone like JDG,Cork etc paying £17m even in this day and age is an utter rip off.

Seems a nice bloke and i'm really happy he's making headway, the transfer fee almost killed him but that's not his fault, reading the interview he doesn't seem to be as mentally strong as he should be, which is something he needs to work on .

Nowhere near cork? Behave mun.
Sam Clucas on 14:36 - Mar 16 with 4051 views34dfgdf54

Sam Clucas on 13:51 - Mar 16 by icecoldjack

Yeah, nowhere near Cork, miles better
Sam Clucas on 14:39 - Mar 16 with 4039 viewsicecoldjack

Sam Clucas on 14:35 - Mar 16 by Jango

Nowhere near cork? Behave mun.

Yes, Cork £10 m Clucas £ 17 m not even close, Jack has been superb for Burnley all season, Clucas mostly hides from the ball .

I know they perform different jobs but c'mon, we'd have been far better keeping hold of Jack and putting that money towards a player we actually needed .

If we were going to sign a steady eddy, may as well have kept the one we already had and strengthened elsewhere. £ 17 m quid even in todays bonkers market was a rip off for Sam.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 14:42]
Sam Clucas on 14:49 - Mar 16 with 3987 viewsjack247

You can’t really compare Clucas to Cork. Clement played him like he was Cork and he struggled, but he’s not the same type of midfielder.

Andy King would be a better comparison from our current squad.
Sam Clucas on 15:06 - Mar 16 with 3928 viewsicecoldjack

Sam Clucas on 14:49 - Mar 16 by jack247

You can’t really compare Clucas to Cork. Clement played him like he was Cork and he struggled, but he’s not the same type of midfielder.

Andy King would be a better comparison from our current squad.

Yes, i did mention they don't really do the same job , my point is that Clucas isn't really any type of upgrade or fill any role in the team where real urgency was needed, there was just no need to splash out £ 17 m on a utility player that can only play one type of position, the words of clement are still ringing in my ears " he can play and cover a whole host of positions" well, we know that ain't true !

Jack Cork also performed in a few different positions and did a decent job, he's now being played in a position he revels in at Burnley and has won an England cap, IMO the Clucas signing sums up the club perfectly, it's a move not properly thought out, cost way too much money for what he brings to the team,isn't exactly young and has no real craft in any position !

It sounds like i'm doing the player down, i don't wish to, it's not Sam's fault at all, i think he's decent, a steady eddy type player, but we already had plenty of those in Fer,Ki,Cork,Mesa,Fulton,Carol and an aging Leon .

Why sign him for that amount of money ? it's just madness IMO .
Login to get fewer ads

Sam Clucas on 15:07 - Mar 16 with 3925 viewsjasper_T

Apart from the games against Arsenal he's still been one of the weakest links in the squad all season.
Sam Clucas on 15:22 - Mar 16 with 3863 viewsTheResurrection

Sam Clucas on 15:06 - Mar 16 by icecoldjack

Yes, i did mention they don't really do the same job , my point is that Clucas isn't really any type of upgrade or fill any role in the team where real urgency was needed, there was just no need to splash out £ 17 m on a utility player that can only play one type of position, the words of clement are still ringing in my ears " he can play and cover a whole host of positions" well, we know that ain't true !

Jack Cork also performed in a few different positions and did a decent job, he's now being played in a position he revels in at Burnley and has won an England cap, IMO the Clucas signing sums up the club perfectly, it's a move not properly thought out, cost way too much money for what he brings to the team,isn't exactly young and has no real craft in any position !

It sounds like i'm doing the player down, i don't wish to, it's not Sam's fault at all, i think he's decent, a steady eddy type player, but we already had plenty of those in Fer,Ki,Cork,Mesa,Fulton,Carol and an aging Leon .

Why sign him for that amount of money ? it's just madness IMO .

Wow, this is utter shit.

Truly embarrassing stuff

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Sam Clucas on 15:34 - Mar 16 with 3829 viewsswancity

Sounds like a similar pattern at his many previous clubs, that is a poor start and then improving. But despite a few good games he's still been a disappointing signing at £16m. Shown glimpses of ability but nowhere near justifying that price which isn't his fault. Seems a nice lad who is doing his best though. Needs to be more consistent. Then we might have a decent player on our hands.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Sam Clucas on 16:22 - Mar 16 with 3708 viewsTheResurrection

Sam Clucas on 15:34 - Mar 16 by swancity

Sounds like a similar pattern at his many previous clubs, that is a poor start and then improving. But despite a few good games he's still been a disappointing signing at £16m. Shown glimpses of ability but nowhere near justifying that price which isn't his fault. Seems a nice lad who is doing his best though. Needs to be more consistent. Then we might have a decent player on our hands.

Just imagine if we'd had a different manager all season and we didn't have the toxic atmosphere's for 3 months. He'd probably be on 6 or 7 by now, a tasty return for someone who can provide the flexibility he can.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Sam Clucas on 16:36 - Mar 16 with 3671 viewsLeonWasGod

“With the old manager, every day we would be working on shape."

That was so obvious from watching the team and seeing how they struggled on the ball. I'm amazed that a professional football coach wouldn't also see the problem and change it. Unbelievable inflexibility and/or stupidity from Clement.

I think he's been underwhelming tbh. He was absolutely fantastic against Arsenal with timed runs into the box and his goals. Seems the stronger part of his game to me but we see so little of that side of him. Big improvement under CC though obviously.

Edit - always would have liked to see Hoddle in a role with us (religious adviser, or disability officer maybe ). Be a great addition to the recruitment / football director side of things.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 16:40]
Sam Clucas on 16:38 - Mar 16 with 3665 viewsGlyn1

People have got short memories. Cork was getting constant criticism on this forum and most were happy to see him go. Anyway, f...orget about him.

Clucas and Ki seem to be creating a good partnership, with Carroll subbing for Ki later on. It looks very promising.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Sam Clucas on 16:45 - Mar 16 with 3635 viewsJango

Sam Clucas on 15:34 - Mar 16 by swancity

I think he’s been pivotal to how we’ve played since Carvalhal has come in. A lot of his work goes unnoticed and considering to how he was misused by clement and then treated by some of our fans for the first half of the season, I think he’s done really well and will hopefully get better.
Sam Clucas on 16:49 - Mar 16 with 3622 viewsLeonWasGod

Sam Clucas on 16:45 - Mar 16 by Jango

I think he’s been pivotal to how we’ve played since Carvalhal has come in. A lot of his work goes unnoticed and considering to how he was misused by clement and then treated by some of our fans for the first half of the season, I think he’s done really well and will hopefully get better.

That's true, there's a lot of off the ball stuff going on. Jack used to do that too, to be fair to him.

Moving off Sam, but Andy King has impressed me in his brief performances I've seen.
Sam Clucas on 17:01 - Mar 16 with 3594 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Andy King looks a far better player than Sam, based on their respective appearances under Carlos, ignoring the games under Clement.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Sam Clucas on 17:34 - Mar 16 with 3502 viewsGlyn1

There's a very similar interview with Clucas in The Telegraph - a few extra bits. I suppose he was the player told to do the press interview.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/16/picked-obscurity-byglenn-hoddle-

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Sam Clucas on 18:09 - Mar 16 with 3437 viewstheloneranger

Sam Clucas on 17:34 - Mar 16 by Glyn1

There's a very similar interview with Clucas in The Telegraph - a few extra bits. I suppose he was the player told to do the press interview.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/16/picked-obscurity-byglenn-hoddle-

He's worked hard working his way through the system.

Still a way to go, but a lot of players would have given up long before now.

Keep it up Sam, and give us a few more match winning performances like Arsenal.

What a dose of reality at Lincoln, Chris Sutton as your manager.

That's enough to make anyone give up
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 18:47]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Sam Clucas on 18:24 - Mar 16 with 3397 viewsicecoldjack

Sam Clucas on 16:22 - Mar 16 by TheResurrection

Just imagine if we'd had a different manager all season and we didn't have the toxic atmosphere's for 3 months. He'd probably be on 6 or 7 by now, a tasty return for someone who can provide the flexibility he can.

Imagine ? Try reality for once fella !

Next thing you'll be telling us clement is the answer , we will be playing total football under him ,Hull are far better after selling their best players , siggy is the worst player in the world and huw Jenkins is god !

You have zero credibility, it's gone fella, all gone

Sam Clucas on 19:00 - Mar 16 with 3314 viewsTheResurrection

Sam Clucas on 18:24 - Mar 16 by icecoldjack

Imagine ? Try reality for once fella !

Next thing you'll be telling us clement is the answer , we will be playing total football under him ,Hull are far better after selling their best players , siggy is the worst player in the world and huw Jenkins is god !

You have zero credibility, it's gone fella, all gone

All mine is still in tact. You know it so does everyone else.

Clement was the answer but nobody could've seen his demise and stubbornness this season.

Hull were far better when Silva came in after they'd sold their so called better players. Ask Clucas.

Siggy is bang average

Jenkins CV continues to impress.

You're not fit to wipe my arse Anthony Lewis

Sam Clucas on 19:05 - Mar 16 with 3303 viewsSwanjaxs

We'll see the best of Clucas next season imho 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Sam Clucas on 19:10 - Mar 16 with 3278 viewsFlashberryjack

Sam Clucas on 19:05 - Mar 16 by Swanjaxs

We'll see the best of Clucas next season imho 👍

I really hope so......because if this is his best

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sam Clucas on 21:45 - Mar 16 with 3088 viewsSwanno

I think, although he may not necessarily have proven his price tag was worth it yet, since Carvahal has come in he has been excellent, a different player. I do think he is hugely affected by the fans, something he may need to improve on. His body language would be really poor when things weren't coming off for him in the earlier season and when getting subbed you could clearly see his frustration and he looked lost out there. When results/performance started picking up under Carlos e.g the Liverpool game he ran and ran and worked tremendously hard and the crowd was fully behind that and you could see his confidence soar. Could be a great player for us!
Sam Clucas on 22:23 - Mar 16 with 3010 views34dfgdf54

Sam Clucas on 15:22 - Mar 16 by TheResurrection

Wow, this is utter shit.

Truly embarrassing stuff

Agreed, can’t even be bothered to take the time picking it apart.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024