Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Topman 19:43 - Mar 16 with 4225 viewsJackfath

Saw this story today and it made me think that someone somewhere is going to be in lots of trouble. Crazy!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/sick-offensive-topman-96-shi

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Topman on 10:42 - Mar 17 with 685 viewsLoyal

When will people move on.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Topman on 13:36 - Mar 17 with 630 viewswindy_city_jack

Agreed. Talk about looking for controversy.
Topman on 13:54 - Mar 17 with 620 viewsLoyal

Topman on 21:38 - Mar 16 by jackharris

The shirt is a total disgrace and you have to be very insensitive or a complete imbecile not to be able to see that it is a f*cking sheer stupidy for letting it be sold.

1. The jerseys colour, Liverpool red.
2. 96 Emblazened on the back
3. A white rose the symbol of Yorkshire
4. ‘What goes around comes around’ and ‘karma’ lettering appearing, with an obvious reference to 2 disasters Heysel and Hillsborough. Which absolutely none of the 96 who died at Hillsborough had anything to do with.

I put your post to the test, in a way.
Two mates in a bar in Munich last night, both know fck all about football so I put the scenario to them. Both looked perplexed and felt it was utter nonsense. What the fck has this got to do with 1989 and Hillsborough ? Its only football people and those close to it that will make anything of it. And to them football people are cnts, seriously , unimaginative, uncreative people who need to be led and told what to do and when. As one said, why would anyone need others to fix where they go and what they do every weekend - its the most unimaginative thing ever !

I mentioned Munich etc ..... Liverpool fans conveniently forget their constant singing of Munich. That too perplexed them, and both agreed its all bullshit. There are far more important things to be concerned about.

And snowflakes love to melt in the sunshine. Must be the clarity .....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:21 - Mar 17 with 611 viewsBobbyBacala

I don't think the t-shirt is deliberately focused on Hillsborough, but at the same time, there should have been enough there to make some subtle changes.

I do get the people saying 'get over it/move on' but I don't think they understand what Hillsborough means to the city. 96 people connected to the city were killed due to the actions of the police and more importantly, this was then covered by the police, the media and politicians. A number of people have spent a lot of time and effort rectifying this and getting the truth known. Liverpool didn't have the best reputation as a city to begin with, but the lies spread after Hillsborough - 'they arrived drunk and ticketless', the robbing of corpses, the beating up of policemen - have stuck around and been used to beat the city and its residents with. There are plenty of things to criticise Liverpool for, but this shouldn't be one.

Purely anecdotal, but as someone born and bought up in Liverpool (dad is a Swansea fan) I used to get a lot of comments about Hillsborough and since the second inquest, I get far fewer 'watch your wallets, there's a Scouser about' type comments. I think there is something in the 'self pity city' stereotype, but this is something Liverpool has been right to get upset about. Hopefully, if Duckenfield and the rest are criminally tried, this can be put to bed.

Finally, on the 'Liverpool fans singing Munich' comments, to me it's pure whataboutery. There are an element of Liverpool (and probably Everton) fans, who sing this but they're morons who probably don't even realise the idiocy of what they're singing. This shouldn't enter into the wider view of Hillsborough.

Apologies for the ramble - I was sat on my own watching the last 30 mins of that rubbish .
[Post edited 17 Mar 2018 14:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024