Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Topman 19:43 - Mar 16 with 4242 viewsJackfath

Saw this story today and it made me think that someone somewhere is going to be in lots of trouble. Crazy!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/sick-offensive-topman-96-shi

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Topman on 20:12 - Mar 16 with 3456 viewsWingstandwood

Well thats that store forever finished in Merseyside/Liverpool and rotting away in the same deep hole alongside The Sun newspaper.

Appalling stuff!....A bit off subject? I could never work out why my local Home Bargains store always seemed to have zero stock of The Sun newspaper....I thought it a bit strange and just had an inkling that the owner might be a Liverpudlian?.......Went home and went on Wikipedia.....He is! They do not forget and will not forget even in a hundred years time!

Argus!

Topman on 20:14 - Mar 16 with 3441 viewsJackfath

Topman on 20:12 - Mar 16 by Wingstandwood

Well thats that store forever finished in Merseyside/Liverpool and rotting away in the same deep hole alongside The Sun newspaper.

Appalling stuff!....A bit off subject? I could never work out why my local Home Bargains store always seemed to have zero stock of The Sun newspaper....I thought it a bit strange and just had an inkling that the owner might be a Liverpudlian?.......Went home and went on Wikipedia.....He is! They do not forget and will not forget even in a hundred years time!

Interesting trivia. I like Home Bargains too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Topman on 20:14 - Mar 16 with 3439 viewsJack_Kass

Massive case of faux outrage.

It has nothing to do with Liverpool, is the number 96 their sole property now to decide when and how it can be used?

Or the colour Red for that matter?

Pathetic.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Topman on 20:16 - Mar 16 with 3424 viewsJackfath

Topman on 20:14 - Mar 16 by Jack_Kass

It has nothing to do with Liverpool, is the number 96 their sole property now to decide when and how it can be used?

Pathetic.

I wonder if you'd feel the same if you were Liverpudlian, or had a relative perish there. Whether it's faux outrage or not, Topshop are way off allowing this.

Topman on 20:16 - Mar 16 with 3424 viewsexiledclaseboy

Topman on 20:14 - Mar 16 by Jack_Kass

Pathetic.

You really can’t see why some would see that shirt as insensitive?

Poll: Tory leader

Topman on 20:21 - Mar 16 with 3400 viewsWingstandwood

Topman on 20:14 - Mar 16 by Jackfath

Interesting trivia. I like Home Bargains too.

Yeah, next time you pop in take a quick peep at its newspaper section....The Daily Mirror is always in stock. I could just be seeing some event(s) of circumstance i.e. every time I visit The Sun always seems to be out of stock....But? My sixth sense says the owner will never ever stock it????

Argus!

Topman on 20:33 - Mar 16 with 3343 viewsDarran

They should have put the title of the Bob Marley song Burnin’ And Lootin’ on the shirt to avoid any connection to Liverpool.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Topman on 20:40 - Mar 16 with 3313 viewsSwanzay

Topman on 20:16 - Mar 16 by exiledclaseboy

Highly insensitive, I can't believe that got past final sign off, with it being red as well! Sadly the fashionistas of this world, who have no idea about football, made a massive error of judgement.

I recon Daz bought one, for his friend..
Login to get fewer ads

Topman on 20:41 - Mar 16 with 3307 viewsJack_Kass

Topman on 20:16 - Mar 16 by exiledclaseboy

So the number 96 and the colour red can never be used in the world again, because of a tragedy 25 years ago?

Context is everything, of course I understand that any person affected by that tragedy can look at it and be reminded of bad memories, but that happens to all of us every day in one way or another. It doesn't need a public outcry.

I lost a dear friend in the military, I don't really like the sight of camo, but I don't kick a fuss up and demand it be removed from society.

Topman on 20:44 - Mar 16 with 3283 viewsDarran

I met Bob Marley’s son once. We were on a jolly to London and he was playing at the Town & Country Club.
It was in the days before you had to go outside to smoke and it was very foggy in there.

Topman on 20:45 - Mar 16 with 3277 viewsDarran

Topman on 20:41 - Mar 16 by Jack_Kass

So the number 96 and the colour red can never be used in the world again, because of a tragedy 25 years ago?

Context is everything, of course I understand that any person affected by that tragedy can look at it and be reminded of bad memories, but that happens to all of us every day in one way or another. It doesn't need a public outcry.

I lost a dear friend in the military, I don't really like the sight of camo, but I don't kick a fuss up and demand it be removed from society.

You can’t see it anyway.

Topman on 20:51 - Mar 16 with 3246 viewsharryhpalmer

You'd think these merchandisers would learn.

I mean, the H&M incident wasnt that long ago. https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/jan/08/h-and-m-apologises-over-image-of

And Darren is right. it was meant to celebrate a Bob Marley song, but they obviously didn't want to pay the royalties to the Marley Estate so left that bit off, instead just left the 96 What Goes Around Comes Around, and Karma on the sleeve - echoing some of the stuff the Sun has said in the past.

And they have form in dodging royalties. They got sued for £3m by Rihanna for cashing on without permission.

And this shirt was put on sale the week the CPS announced it did not believe there was enough evidence to charge any other suspects! So tensions running a bit high right now.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Topman on 21:00 - Mar 16 with 3203 viewsjack2jack

You have to be very careful these days.
Poor decision.
Topman on 21:38 - Mar 16 with 3107 viewsjackharris

The shirt is a total disgrace and you have to be very insensitive or a complete imbecile not to be able to see that it is a f*cking sheer stupidy for letting it be sold.

1. The jerseys colour, Liverpool red.
2. 96 Emblazened on the back
3. A white rose the symbol of Yorkshire
4. ‘What goes around comes around’ and ‘karma’ lettering appearing, with an obvious reference to 2 disasters Heysel and Hillsborough. Which absolutely none of the 96 who died at Hillsborough had anything to do with.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Topman on 21:41 - Mar 16 with 3096 viewsDarran

Topman on 21:38 - Mar 16 by jackharris

The shirt is a total disgrace and you have to be very insensitive or a complete imbecile not to be able to see that it is a f*cking sheer stupidy for letting it be sold.

4. ‘What goes around comes around’ and ‘karma’ lettering appearing, with an obvious reference to 2 disasters Heysel and Hillsborough. Which absolutely none of the 96 who died at Hillsborough had anything to do with.

It does look like a Liverpool shirt to commemorate Hillsborough.

Topman on 21:42 - Mar 16 with 3086 viewsBanosswan

Topman on 21:41 - Mar 16 by Darran

Was probably thought up by a six year old in Hanoi who's never heard of the uk.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Topman on 21:49 - Mar 16 with 3064 viewsCooperman

For those of you who I’ve engaged with over the years on the subject of garden decking, and for those that I haven’t...

See this:

https://www.homebargains.co.uk/products/4239-ronseal-decking-stain-country-oak.a

For what must be the 5th consecutive Spring this offer is out there. Fill yer boots and get at least a years worth; it does sell out quite quickly. Other deck stains are available... but not at this price.

As for Topman, that’s a poor show. I can only assume that the design and marketing team were made up of Man U fans.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Topman on 21:54 - Mar 16 with 3043 viewsunion_jack

Topman on 21:49 - Mar 16 by Cooperman

For those of you who I’ve engaged with over the years on the subject of garden decking, and for those that I haven’t...

See this:

https://www.homebargains.co.uk/products/4239-ronseal-decking-stain-country-oak.a

For what must be the 5th consecutive Spring this offer is out there. Fill yer boots and get at least a years worth; it does sell out quite quickly. Other deck stains are available... but not at this price.

As for Topman, that’s a poor show. I can only assume that the design and marketing team were made up of Man U fans.

I think it's more likely that Kelvin Mackenzie has some interest in Topman!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Topman on 21:54 - Mar 16 with 3043 viewsGlyn1

Never rule out sheer incompetence and lack of knowledge as a reason for a cock-up - I'm speaking from personal knowledge.

A long time ago I was at a publishing firm called Hamlyn and we published a history of Tottenham Hotspur. The cover showed the manager leading Spurs on to the field for an FA Cup Final. (I forget his name.) It was a great photo but Spurs refused to stock the book because they didn't want their store windows kicked in as the manager had later moved to Arsenal. As they were supposed to be our main customer, this was extremely bad news.

Later we produced a book about whales, and had a great cover photo of a mother whale with her two baby whales next to her. We were at the printers before we noticed that mum had a very, very small harpoon sticking out of her, with a bit of blood if you looked extremely closely. Scrap the cover.

Never rule out incompetence as a reason.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 21:57]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Topman on 22:00 - Mar 16 with 3017 viewsBanosswan

Topman on 21:54 - Mar 16 by Glyn1

Never rule out sheer incompetence and lack of knowledge as a reason for a cock-up - I'm speaking from personal knowledge.

A long time ago I was at a publishing firm called Hamlyn and we published a history of Tottenham Hotspur. The cover showed the manager leading Spurs on to the field for an FA Cup Final. (I forget his name.) It was a great photo but Spurs refused to stock the book because they didn't want their store windows kicked in as the manager had later moved to Arsenal. As they were supposed to be our main customer, this was extremely bad news.

Later we produced a book about whales, and had a great cover photo of a mother whale with her two baby whales next to her. We were at the printers before we noticed that mum had a very, very small harpoon sticking out of her, with a bit of blood if you looked extremely closely. Scrap the cover.

Never rule out incompetence as a reason.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 21:57]

Would've sold well in Japan

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Topman on 22:04 - Mar 16 with 3000 viewsGlyn1

Respect to him for protecting our country.

How about a T-shirt with camo and also the date that he died? Serious question.

No-one is offended by the colour red: no-one is offended by the number 96. But putting them together for a quick profit?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 22:05]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Topman on 22:07 - Mar 16 with 2979 viewsCooperman

Topman on 21:41 - Mar 16 by Darran

That was my first reaction and then I came across the karma sleeve wording.

Tw4ts!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Topman on 22:23 - Mar 16 with 2943 viewsJack_Kass

Topman on 21:38 - Mar 16 by jackharris

Honestly amazes me how the world turns with this mentality, you can find outrage in anything if you look hard enough.

So any United fan should be rightly outraged that the Bayern Munich team has a jersey with 23 on it and, evidently.. the words Munich attached. What a w@nker that Arturo Vidal is..

A white rose is not an international symbol for Yorkshire, it stands for peace in many places, a subject usually associated with Marley and his music

The words were used from a Bob Marley song
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 22:25]

Topman on 22:28 - Mar 16 with 2922 viewspencoedjack

Topman on 21:49 - Mar 16 by Cooperman

See this:

https://www.homebargains.co.uk/products/8107-kiln-dried-birch-logs.aspx

Also highly recommended for those with log burners

The top is in poor taste no doubt be on eBay being bought up by Mancs at vastly overinflated prices
Topman on 00:27 - Mar 17 with 2780 viewsairedale

They should have stopped messing about and put the number ‘69’ in the right order. They will next time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024