Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inexcusable performance 16:01 - Mar 17 with 8257 viewsCroftyjack

I went to the game thinking it was a cup tie and came out thinking I just watched a testimonial.
I'm sorry but I want my swans team always up for the challenge don't silverware mean anything anymore to these millionaires.
And before anyone says how good spurs are...yes they are but Newport and Rochdale have them a game..we didn't have any desire whatsoever.
And yes we can beat the big teams we've done it recently...coming home after seen one player in his jeep laughing and joking with passenger..off shopping for the afternoon while I just spunked 25 for me and my daughter.
They should get them in tomorrow morning and sit and watch the whole game like we did....if we couldn't be bothered just stick the u23s out against them.
Disappointed.
Inexcusable performance on 11:45 - Mar 18 with 2007 viewsSgorioFruit

I tend to look round the welsh football results on a weekend as you are all aware.

Newport County 1-1 Luton.
Woking 2-2 Wrexham
Merthyr Town 1-0 St Neots
Scarborough 0-2 Colwyn Bay

all 4 games sounded like tough battles but grinded out results.

And then there's the Swans, what the actual feck was that all about?
Mr and Mrs SgorioFruit made our way down to the liberty, whilst walking through the turnstiles I got my ticket out and had a think to myself about the club should maybe raise the season ticket price to £450 but on the basis that all cup games are included in the ticket.
Then I realised that cup games like this present a great opportunity to the locals who cannot get to a regular premier league game due to stupid prices and nearly all the seats being taken up.

So the swans come out on to the pitch and ready to kick off, the whole ground and its people within are absolutely freezing their jaffas off.

What I witnessed for the next 90 minutes was painful, dreary, Bob Bradley, lazy, scared, Clement, boring, petrified, clumsy football from our team.

Players afraid to put the tackle in, first goal we may as well picked the ball up and walked it into our net for them.
Second goal, Naughton shows how massively weak he is at his job.
I know he comes under criticism every week and rightly so, whether its laziness, whether its about not being up to the level to play at this game, whatever the reason, he presents us with a massive weakness in that position. Where I sit in the east stand I have the painful experience of watching him right in front of me for the first half, and when second half comes I'm glad he is at the completely opposite corner of the pitch so I don't get myself worked up about someone who is stealing a wage which is probably enough to pay my house off in one week.
When fans get on a players back like I'm doing right now in this rant, it is easy for the written text to sound like its a personal thing. But its not, its nothing personal, sure he is a great chap and gives his best and all that. But we need to be strong, we need to identify weaknesses and address how we can put it right.
Abraham, useless. "Bambi on ice" someone shouted behind me whenever Abraham had the ball.
Again nothing personal, but these players train all week, they are premiership footballers, under clement they didn't look bothered at all, so ok a change in management has given them a kick up the backside and got them playing more positively and getting right in the faces of the opposition and hopefully we can continue to make steps towards our premier league safety. Especially now it looks nailed on that our welsh sisters are going to be joining us next season.
But yesterdays performance is an indication of how crap we can be. And how the players should personally refund every single person who bought a ticket for that dreadful game.
I attended both Newport County and Swans FA Cup games against Spurs this season. In one game I seen a league two team full of players who were playing for the each other, playing for the fans, keeping tight, hammering down at the spurs defence, not letting Kane have the ball, even though he was on the pitch for 90 minutes.
Yesterday I witnessed Swans first quarter final appearance in 50 odd years, for us not to even give a flying feck about the game.

shameful

SgorioFruit out

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Inexcusable performance on 16:23 - Mar 18 with 1946 viewsCroftyjack

Inexcusable performance on 00:04 - Mar 18 by sainthelens

People need to get a fckn grip. Yes, today was not good enough, we all wanted a semi final, but behind the scenes deep down we all knew that PL survival is what the staff are geared for. Spurs went with strength cos they NEED a trophy....we don't. Admit there's no excuse for lack of effort, but when we stay up.... today won't matter. Carlos knows the score, our squad is thin, and I wouldn't be surprised if his briefing today was ' no injuries!'.... Thus why it looked as bad as it did. Good luck to Spurs, they fully deserved it.

As a long standing fan yes it does matter...lack of effort on that proportion matters a great deal...and to not taking a game like that seriously like yesterday sucks.
What's the point in just existing go for it that's how I view my life.
Inexcusable performance on 18:22 - Mar 18 with 1907 viewssainthelens

Inexcusable performance on 16:23 - Mar 18 by Croftyjack

As a long standing fan yes it does matter...lack of effort on that proportion matters a great deal...and to not taking a game like that seriously like yesterday sucks.
What's the point in just existing go for it that's how I view my life.

Maximum effort means getting stuck in, and doing that risks injuries. Fully understand where you coming from, but as fans we sometimes need to think outside the box, I'd be sure Carlos would have said ' no injuries today lads' if so...then we can read into that. Imagine a couple of ours picking up season ending knocks?, This site would be in meltdown.
Inexcusable performance on 06:38 - Mar 19 with 1810 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Inexcusable performance on 18:22 - Mar 18 by sainthelens

Maximum effort means getting stuck in, and doing that risks injuries. Fully understand where you coming from, but as fans we sometimes need to think outside the box, I'd be sure Carlos would have said ' no injuries today lads' if so...then we can read into that. Imagine a couple of ours picking up season ending knocks?, This site would be in meltdown.

Sadly the game was over for us yesterday when Ayew got sent off the week before.

However if I'd have known that the players were going to give up without a whimper yesterday then I'd have saved my £18 for something more worthwhile. No matter what team was put out you'd expect them in a one off winner takes all game to put up a fight at least. Our midfield was so lightweight Spurs didn't need to compete with it and backing off players and just begging them to shoot was just criminal.

Sgorio knocked the nail on the head - both Newport and Rochdale gave Spurs problems. For all people moan about Abraham he was overlooked twice when he'd broken free of his marker on the edge of the box. On the second occasion Dyer took the ball wide and then lost it. These instances occurred when we were one then two down so if the right option had been taken it would have been a very different game.

Bitterly disappointed that the first FA cup quarter final I've ever seen the Swans contest was such a limp surrender. Worse still to Spurs with their arrogant c*ntish support. We were lucky we only shipped 3 goals, it could easily have been 6 or 7.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Inexcusable performance on 13:14 - Mar 19 with 1710 viewsjackal

Interview with Christian Eriksen.

Q. You like playing against Swansea, don't you? You always score against them.
A. Yes I like playing Swansea. They give me plenty of room.

FFS. This should be played at the training sessions.
Inexcusable performance on 13:20 - Mar 19 with 1698 viewssomersetsimon

Inexcusable performance on 06:38 - Mar 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Sadly the game was over for us yesterday when Ayew got sent off the week before.

However if I'd have known that the players were going to give up without a whimper yesterday then I'd have saved my £18 for something more worthwhile. No matter what team was put out you'd expect them in a one off winner takes all game to put up a fight at least. Our midfield was so lightweight Spurs didn't need to compete with it and backing off players and just begging them to shoot was just criminal.

Sgorio knocked the nail on the head - both Newport and Rochdale gave Spurs problems. For all people moan about Abraham he was overlooked twice when he'd broken free of his marker on the edge of the box. On the second occasion Dyer took the ball wide and then lost it. These instances occurred when we were one then two down so if the right option had been taken it would have been a very different game.

Bitterly disappointed that the first FA cup quarter final I've ever seen the Swans contest was such a limp surrender. Worse still to Spurs with their arrogant c*ntish support. We were lucky we only shipped 3 goals, it could easily have been 6 or 7.

Looks like the only chance we have against the bigger teams (possibly any team these days) is to press them higher up the pitch. The only players who do this are the Ayews. Without either one of those two, we just let their defence and midfield stroll around and do what they like.
Inexcusable performance on 14:20 - Mar 19 with 1664 views34dfgdf54

Inexcusable performance on 13:20 - Mar 19 by somersetsimon

Looks like the only chance we have against the bigger teams (possibly any team these days) is to press them higher up the pitch. The only players who do this are the Ayews. Without either one of those two, we just let their defence and midfield stroll around and do what they like.

Clucas has the legs to hassle high up the pitch, although he wasn't exactly covered in glory with Spurs first goal I must admit.

Stating the obvious, and everyone else has already touched on this, we need Ki there, and with players around him to do the donkey work, the likes of King, Clucas, Dyer to some extent. I'm pretty certain we won't see Carroll again this season unless we get injuries. Will be watching the China Cup with fingers firmly crossed as we cannot afford an injury to King.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 14:53]
Inexcusable performance on 18:00 - Mar 20 with 1562 viewsSgorioFruit

Inexcusable performance on 13:14 - Mar 19 by jackal

Interview with Christian Eriksen.

Q. You like playing against Swansea, don't you? You always score against them.
A. Yes I like playing Swansea. They give me plenty of room.

FFS. This should be played at the training sessions.

I need a link to this interview so I can write another letter

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Login to get fewer ads

Inexcusable performance on 22:03 - Mar 20 with 1504 viewsvetchonian

Inexcusable performance on 18:22 - Mar 18 by sainthelens

So do we not try at Old Trafford just in case a players get season ending injuries?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Inexcusable performance on 22:22 - Mar 20 with 1484 viewsRancid

It was shit but we move on and won't play that bad or against such an in form side again this season.Hopefully.
Inexcusable performance on 06:14 - Mar 21 with 1433 viewsjackal

Inexcusable performance on 18:00 - Mar 20 by SgorioFruit

I need a link to this interview so I can write another letter

On Match of the Day on Saturday night.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024