Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inexcusable performance 16:01 - Mar 17 with 8267 viewsCroftyjack

I went to the game thinking it was a cup tie and came out thinking I just watched a testimonial.
I'm sorry but I want my swans team always up for the challenge don't silverware mean anything anymore to these millionaires.
And before anyone says how good spurs are...yes they are but Newport and Rochdale have them a game..we didn't have any desire whatsoever.
And yes we can beat the big teams we've done it recently...coming home after seen one player in his jeep laughing and joking with passenger..off shopping for the afternoon while I just spunked 25 for me and my daughter.
They should get them in tomorrow morning and sit and watch the whole game like we did....if we couldn't be bothered just stick the u23s out against them.
Disappointed.
Inexcusable performance on 16:06 - Mar 17 with 6205 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Couldn't agree more dreadful performance.
Inexcusable performance on 16:11 - Mar 17 with 6184 viewsCroftyjack

Inexcusable performance on 16:06 - Mar 17 by blaenaugwentjack

Couldn't agree more dreadful performance.

2 In a week though..can't excuse the stats last week either just cos we had 10 men...it's a character of our squad.
Inexcusable performance on 16:27 - Mar 17 with 6108 viewsJackflack

Inexcusable performance on 16:11 - Mar 17 by Croftyjack

2 In a week though..can't excuse the stats last week either just cos we had 10 men...it's a character of our squad.

What! Last weeks performance was a point earned ffs.
Today we never turned up.

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Inexcusable performance on 16:28 - Mar 17 with 6102 viewsLeonWasGod

It was the same against Sheff We'd. It's a mental thing. Has to be.
Inexcusable performance on 16:39 - Mar 17 with 6040 views34dfgdf54

Really poor I agree, but one positive is that Carlos knows more than ever now that some players can’t make another appearance this season and should be moved on ASAP.
Inexcusable performance on 17:09 - Mar 17 with 5961 viewsLeonWasGod

Inexcusable performance on 16:39 - Mar 17 by 34dfgdf54

Really poor I agree, but one positive is that Carlos knows more than ever now that some players can’t make another appearance this season and should be moved on ASAP.

He hasn't got much choice though. And he doesn't learn where he does have a choice. Routs was awful against Wednesday for example...

Let's see. West Ham was good, but Wed, Huddersfield and today have been a setback (yes I know we escaped with a point last week). Hopefully we're not entering a mini slump.
Inexcusable performance on 17:15 - Mar 17 with 5934 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Managers do not seem to understand that a midfield of Ki, Carroll & Clucas =
a disaster waiting to happen.
Not to put Byers on instead of Routledge was also disgraceful, the game was lost, so it was time to give Byers the chance to say I played for the first team in the Cup against a top 6 side.
Inexcusable performance on 19:35 - Mar 17 with 5777 viewsangryjack

Inexcusable performance on 17:15 - Mar 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Managers do not seem to understand that a midfield of Ki, Carroll & Clucas =
a disaster waiting to happen.
Not to put Byers on instead of Routledge was also disgraceful, the game was lost, so it was time to give Byers the chance to say I played for the first team in the Cup against a top 6 side.

Maybe you can't match them in skill but no excuse for effort and putting your foot in disgudting
Login to get fewer ads

Inexcusable performance on 19:40 - Mar 17 with 5739 views34dfgdf54

Inexcusable performance on 19:35 - Mar 17 by angryjack

Maybe you can't match them in skill but no excuse for effort and putting your foot in disgudting

That was my issue today, I fully expect us to get outplayed by Spurs, better player all around the park, but for us to back out of challenges and not put a foot in grates me.

Missing Fer massively as I said we would, I’m praying Sanches shows an improvement on his return because in central midfield we are looking very thin now for quality.
Inexcusable performance on 19:43 - Mar 17 with 5720 viewscontroversial_jack

Totally overwhelmed today and the Same against Huddersfield: granted, we were down to 10 men against Huddersfield, but the nature of the performance, and that of today, has started the alarm bells ringing for me
Inexcusable performance on 20:04 - Mar 17 with 5638 viewsswanforthemoney

Spurs were good today and were going for it because its the only thing they can now win this season.
We had players injured, cup-tied and banned, leaving us short in attacking threat in particular. We chose to play Kyle Bartley in the middle at the back instead of Fernandez, which was key, I believe.
The system meant we struggled first half as we were overpowered in modfield by weight of numbers and world class opponents such as Eriksen and Sissoko.
A disappointing result, the accusations and histrionics on here are a bit pathetic tbh.
I was there btw, unfortunately not in my normal seat because Spurs were allocated our bit of the North stand. We need to do something about giving the opposition the bit of the stadium where the most vocal supporters stand, whilst our vocal supporters are dispersed among the stiffs. In future, if we are ever in a similar position, we should give them the South Stand, so we can compete on equal terms when it comes to singing and chanting and backing the team.
COYS

I stand in the North Stand

Inexcusable performance on 20:27 - Mar 17 with 5545 viewsplasjack

Inexcusable performance on 20:04 - Mar 17 by swanforthemoney

Spurs were good today and were going for it because its the only thing they can now win this season.
We had players injured, cup-tied and banned, leaving us short in attacking threat in particular. We chose to play Kyle Bartley in the middle at the back instead of Fernandez, which was key, I believe.
The system meant we struggled first half as we were overpowered in modfield by weight of numbers and world class opponents such as Eriksen and Sissoko.
A disappointing result, the accusations and histrionics on here are a bit pathetic tbh.
I was there btw, unfortunately not in my normal seat because Spurs were allocated our bit of the North stand. We need to do something about giving the opposition the bit of the stadium where the most vocal supporters stand, whilst our vocal supporters are dispersed among the stiffs. In future, if we are ever in a similar position, we should give them the South Stand, so we can compete on equal terms when it comes to singing and chanting and backing the team.
COYS

OI my seat is in that stand.
Inexcusable performance on 23:37 - Mar 17 with 5354 viewsHCMC

Inexcusable performance on 16:39 - Mar 17 by 34dfgdf54

And replaced by who?

It’s become clear the yank cants are only here to asset strip
and that Jenkins does not care a flying fook as long as he gets his wedge.

Run by fecking scum.
Inexcusable performance on 00:04 - Mar 18 with 5298 viewssainthelens

People need to get a fckn grip. Yes, today was not good enough, we all wanted a semi final, but behind the scenes deep down we all knew that PL survival is what the staff are geared for. Spurs went with strength cos they NEED a trophy....we don't. Admit there's no excuse for lack of effort, but when we stay up.... today won't matter. Carlos knows the score, our squad is thin, and I wouldn't be surprised if his briefing today was ' no injuries!'.... Thus why it looked as bad as it did. Good luck to Spurs, they fully deserved it.
Inexcusable performance on 00:14 - Mar 18 with 5272 viewsjasper_T

Inexcusable performance on 00:04 - Mar 18 by sainthelens

People need to get a fckn grip. Yes, today was not good enough, we all wanted a semi final, but behind the scenes deep down we all knew that PL survival is what the staff are geared for. Spurs went with strength cos they NEED a trophy....we don't. Admit there's no excuse for lack of effort, but when we stay up.... today won't matter. Carlos knows the score, our squad is thin, and I wouldn't be surprised if his briefing today was ' no injuries!'.... Thus why it looked as bad as it did. Good luck to Spurs, they fully deserved it.

So is it "no excuses" or was not trying justified in your view? You seem to be swinging both ways here.
Inexcusable performance on 00:31 - Mar 18 with 5226 viewssainthelens

Inexcusable performance on 00:14 - Mar 18 by jasper_T

So is it "no excuses" or was not trying justified in your view? You seem to be swinging both ways here.

As fans we can never accept 'non triers', but when we take off our blinkers we sometimes need to try and see the bigger picture... however annoying it is. Nobody likes standing in the cold and having to watch we did, I was tamping leaving the ground, but in cold light of day, it could be a blessing in disguise.
Inexcusable performance on 02:11 - Mar 18 with 5175 viewsmike1

Agree with the feeling over today's game but glad we came out injury free and no dismissals. In the short term it must be about survival and good early Summer recriument?
Inexcusable performance on 08:26 - Mar 18 with 4838 viewsbermudajack

Inexcusable performance on 02:11 - Mar 18 by mike1

Agree with the feeling over today's game but glad we came out injury free and no dismissals. In the short term it must be about survival and good early Summer recriument?

That was a shocking performance, even taking into account the opposition, Brighton went to united and had more of a go than we did at home.

First Quarter final since 64, no,effort or desire to get stuck in, we made it easy for them yeterday.

those saying we had injuries etc. Spurs started without - Kane, Alli, Rose, Dembele, & Lloris to name but a few and never even got out of second gear...

For those who think this relegation battle is over and we’re safe... Think again... two more games without JA is gonna drop us right back in it as TA looks completely lost up front on his own.

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Inexcusable performance on 08:42 - Mar 18 with 4790 views34dfgdf54

Inexcusable performance on 08:26 - Mar 18 by bermudajack

That was a shocking performance, even taking into account the opposition, Brighton went to united and had more of a go than we did at home.

First Quarter final since 64, no,effort or desire to get stuck in, we made it easy for them yeterday.

those saying we had injuries etc. Spurs started without - Kane, Alli, Rose, Dembele, & Lloris to name but a few and never even got out of second gear...

For those who think this relegation battle is over and we’re safe... Think again... two more games without JA is gonna drop us right back in it as TA looks completely lost up front on his own.

You mention Spurs injuries/absentees, don’t forget we started without the Ayew’s, Fede, Fabianski and still waiting on getting Sanches back from injury.

We wont and can’t compete against any side in this league with the team picked yesterday and it’s in a strange sort of way I think it could end up being a blessing in disguise. We need Sanches back ASAP despite how sh*t he was under Clement, and for the record I am all over the humble pie regarding the King signing. Thank f*ck we signed him, speaks volumes that he was rested yesterday yesterday because if anything happens to him now we are well and truly f*cked in my opinion.
Inexcusable performance on 08:43 - Mar 18 with 4784 viewsmonmouth

Inexcusable performance on 08:42 - Mar 18 by 34dfgdf54

You mention Spurs injuries/absentees, don’t forget we started without the Ayew’s, Fede, Fabianski and still waiting on getting Sanches back from injury.

We wont and can’t compete against any side in this league with the team picked yesterday and it’s in a strange sort of way I think it could end up being a blessing in disguise. We need Sanches back ASAP despite how sh*t he was under Clement, and for the record I am all over the humble pie regarding the King signing. Thank f*ck we signed him, speaks volumes that he was rested yesterday yesterday because if anything happens to him now we are well and truly f*cked in my opinion.

He was cup tied

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Inexcusable performance on 08:47 - Mar 18 with 4774 views34dfgdf54

Inexcusable performance on 08:43 - Mar 18 by monmouth

He was cup tied

Oh yeah, good point.

Still wouldn’t have surprised me now to have seen him rested, he can’t be risked.
Inexcusable performance on 08:56 - Mar 18 with 4754 viewsLeonWasGod

Inexcusable performance on 02:11 - Mar 18 by mike1

"Good early summer recruitment".

You must be new around here
Inexcusable performance on 09:00 - Mar 18 with 4749 viewsDewi1jack

Yes, I was disappointed with the lack of effort off certain players yesterday, but grateful we had no injuries or suspensions.
Also glad as fug that we weren't totally demolished.
3-0 against Spurs doesn't truthfully look that bad.
Certainly not a confidence breaker that the expected (by me at least) 7/8 goal hammering would have been.

Take the money and kudos of managing a PL team out of the situation and you have to feel sorry for CC.

Over the last few years, we have got rid of an awful lot of above average players; not properly tried for some above average players that we were chasing in the windows; extending the contracts of those good but getting old servants and buying in a lot of dross that couldn't even make the 1st team squad.
Some of that dross we as a club have taken a hit on as well

Our small club has about £40 million worth of players out on loan.
That's a frightening show of p1sspoor upper management, when our squad is so obviously weak in certain areas.
Players we could do with at the mo by the looks of things.

Then you sell a good (above-'above average' but not great) but getting on striker, replacing him with a kid who looks totally out of his depth.
Oh and a 45 year old crock, who hasn't played properly in the last couple of years since he left us.

The first transfer dealing that has to be made, long before the window opens, is getting rid of Beaky and his cronies.

Clean start.
All the genuine fan base singing off the same hymn sheet, united once again behind the club.
No matter how bad the Yanks are

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Inexcusable performance on 09:59 - Mar 18 with 4641 viewscurleigh

Inexcusable performance on 08:26 - Mar 18 by bermudajack

Spot on, they were 3 up and STILL closing us down, we just had no desire for a scrap, as was said earlier, Newport and Rochdale gave them a game and they play 2 and 3 divisions below us, if you can't match them, as we can't for skill, at least match their desire to close down and put a foot in, they just passed it around us at will
Inexcusable performance on 11:05 - Mar 18 with 4548 viewsSTID2017

Inexcusable performance on 20:04 - Mar 17 by swanforthemoney

COYS

As a ST holder in the South, I feel that is a good call.
The atmosphere yesterday was appalling

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024