Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We did not deserve to progress 00:53 - Mar 18 with 1300 viewsowainglyndwr

In the FA Cup.
Lack of interest from our fan base which I am really surprised at.
Also player passion.

We did not deserve to progress on 01:15 - Mar 18 with 1277 viewsE20Jack

The FA Cup died years ago.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

We did not deserve to progress on 09:32 - Mar 18 with 1081 viewsDewi1jack

We did not deserve to progress on 01:15 - Mar 18 by E20Jack

Still a very highly regarded piece of silverware in World football stakes.
Plus a chance for a club our size to get a Euro League Cup tour going.
Now with a CL tour the season after as well, after we had added the EL to our trophy cabinet

But no.
We didn't deserve to progress

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

We did not deserve to progress on 09:45 - Mar 18 with 1044 viewsAguycalledJack

I’d love us to win the fa cup. We are never going to win the league, so the cups are our only chance of silverware.
We did not deserve to progress on 09:45 - Mar 18 with 1044 viewsLeonWasGod

We did not deserve to progress on 01:15 - Mar 18 by E20Jack

Disagree.

It's more highly regarded than the League Cup and we've dined out on that happily enough.

If fans aren't interested in winning stuff, what's the point? Modern football eh, where milking the PL cashcow is seen as more important than honours
We did not deserve to progress on 11:33 - Mar 18 with 974 viewsSTID2017

We did not deserve to progress on 09:45 - Mar 18 by LeonWasGod

Disagree.

It's more highly regarded than the League Cup and we've dined out on that happily enough.

If fans aren't interested in winning stuff, what's the point? Modern football eh, where milking the PL cashcow is seen as more important than honours

Both are important.
Pl survival is essential, wins cups is a nice experience and something every team should strive for

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

We did not deserve to progress on 11:39 - Mar 18 with 956 viewsMrSwerve

I'd say that the FA cup is meaningless to most until you get to the quarters and have a real chance to win it. We had a real chance for another day out at Wembley yesterday but we couldn't be bothered to show up, despite playing a good Spurs side. We certainly could have put out a slightly stronger side.

That being said, I'm fairly indifferent regarding the loss. The league is an absolute priority this year. If we were safe in 8th position and gave that performance though it would have been a different matter.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

We did not deserve to progress on 11:43 - Mar 18 with 939 viewsE20Jack

We did not deserve to progress on 09:45 - Mar 18 by LeonWasGod

Disagree.

Nothing to disagree with. Look at the attendances over the past few years. It's awful.

It is bigger than the league cup yes, but that is hardly a great barometer. I couldn't even tell you who won it 2 years ago without looking it up.

If you win it then it's great. The fact we played a reserve goalkeeper throughout, Spurs left stars on the bench and we barely sold 13,000 cheap home tickets for a QF tells you all you need to know.

We did not deserve to progress on 11:51 - Mar 18 with 924 viewsE20Jack

We did not deserve to progress on 11:39 - Mar 18 by MrSwerve

I'd say that the FA cup is meaningless to most until you get to the quarters and have a real chance to win it. We had a real chance for another day out at Wembley yesterday but we couldn't be bothered to show up, despite playing a good Spurs side. We certainly could have put out a slightly stronger side.

That being said, I'm fairly indifferent regarding the loss. The league is an absolute priority this year. If we were safe in 8th position and gave that performance though it would have been a different matter.

I wasn't even really excited for the game. I remember 10-15 years ago I would be doing cart wheels.

I even remember a league cup game away to Norwich. 1994 maybe. I was sat glued to my teletext score page, heart racing whenever the screen refreshed.

Money changed it and the PL is unfortunately the be all and end all, as sad as that is.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 11:52]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024