Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? 10:54 - Mar 18 with 2498 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

For me our performance against Huddersfield was far worse and a much bigger embarrassment to the club. It was Huddersfield yet the stats looked like it was a Sunday league team playing a professional club.

The 10 man argument is rubbish too, every week teams go down to 10 and still compete, even Stoke yesterday managed to mount attacks.

Once his luck runs out and we stop scraping wins or points playing this brand of football, which except for the Arsenal match is worse than anything under Bradley or Clement, feelings towards Carlos will sour extremely quickly.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? on 10:56 - Mar 18 with 2488 viewsAl_Bundy

Wonder who will bite on this poor wind up effort
How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? on 11:04 - Mar 18 with 2458 viewsJack_Kass

How did that go for Stoke yesterday?

You reckon they're happy this morning?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? on 11:17 - Mar 18 with 2432 viewsbuilthjack

Usernamesaremany.co.uk

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? on 11:23 - Mar 18 with 2408 viewsyescomeon

Upthecity!

How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? on 11:54 - Mar 18 with 2347 viewsmonmouth

West Ham was worse than anything under Bradley or Clement?

Thing is though, I think DYSS has a point. People see a user name and react to that. The away performances have been largely gash, ride your luck affairs. Let’s see how it pans out. We proclaimed Clement a messiah last year and that ended badly. I think I like what he is aiming for at home..high energy press..quick transitions...shots from range...bodies in the box. Away it is very Monk-Clement. Maybe that’s the way to go, but it means that good or bad outcomes are entirely marginal and random. Both Monk and Clem got a string of good ones, then a series of bad ones. From hero to zero. I sense the same potential outcome here if we persevere with Carvalhal next year.

He has 8 games to establish a different pattern though. And I’m bloody grateful for the points we have eked out, I lost hope last week when Ayew was dispatched, so I don’t care how we got the point. Losing would have been very damaging indeed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? on 11:59 - Mar 18 with 2321 viewsFireboy2

How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? on 11:17 - Mar 18 by builthjack

Usernamesaremany.co.uk

How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? on 14:40 - Mar 18 with 2173 viewsjacktar

Yes DYSS, Stoke did manage an attack or two.
Perhaps you didn't notice they lost and we gained a hard earned point.
I know what I'd rather have.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? on 14:58 - Mar 18 with 2140 viewsjacksfullaces

still waiting to hear at what point as a swansea fan has this chap been consistently happy with performances, management, ownership - which season(s)? people who have been on this board longer than I may know, but I have no recollection in the last few years.

begs the question if so consistently disappointed, why follow this team and spend so much time expressing said disappointment.

and indeed so much time on a message board doing this.

peculiar behavior.
Login to get fewer ads

How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? on 15:22 - Mar 18 with 2084 viewssainthelens

Go and have a pint with your mates.....oh hang on.
How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? on 16:22 - Mar 18 with 1995 viewsswanforthemoney

I did not feel embarrassment, more like pride in a superb rearguard action against the Terriers. Heroes, every man, Jack of them.
We shouldnt be too despondent at the defeat to an excellent Spurs side. Every club suffers defeats that the fans are not particularly pleased with. As a totally random example, think of, say.......the laughable, pathetic, sticking pile of crap that was the Manchester United performance against Seville. The United team being stuffed with players costing tens of millions, getting stuffed by the spunky boys from Andalusia.

I stand in the North Stand

How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? on 17:37 - Mar 18 with 1926 viewsvetchonian

How was that worse than the disgrace performance at Huddersfield? on 11:54 - Mar 18 by monmouth

West Ham was worse than anything under Bradley or Clement?

Thing is though, I think DYSS has a point. People see a user name and react to that. The away performances have been largely gash, ride your luck affairs. Let’s see how it pans out. We proclaimed Clement a messiah last year and that ended badly. I think I like what he is aiming for at home..high energy press..quick transitions...shots from range...bodies in the box. Away it is very Monk-Clement. Maybe that’s the way to go, but it means that good or bad outcomes are entirely marginal and random. Both Monk and Clem got a string of good ones, then a series of bad ones. From hero to zero. I sense the same potential outcome here if we persevere with Carvalhal next year.

He has 8 games to establish a different pattern though. And I’m bloody grateful for the points we have eked out, I lost hope last week when Ayew was dispatched, so I don’t care how we got the point. Losing would have been very damaging indeed.

I don't think Carlos' approach to the Brighton game could be called Monk or Clementesque....he went gong Ho resulting in our being being beat by lots of goals and he got heavily critisced.
Huddersfield was more of a must not lose game but I believe had Jordan not been sent off we would have looked to sneak the 3 points. Once we were down to 10 men it was then all about not losing and defending the draw.
For me the jury is still out on Carlos as you say Mon this time last year we were hailing Clement...though in fairness Carlos has given us much more entertaining football at home apart from yesterday where for me the players didn't want to know and as others have said a midfield contains both Ki and Carrol is fraught with disaster

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024