Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? 21:57 - Mar 18 with 10451 viewsBrynCartwright

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 10:52 - Mar 23 with 2168 viewsLord_Bony

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 01:02 - Mar 23 by E20Jack

I disagree. I would say all meat has a negative impact on the body, its like smoking really, the more you do the worse it is.

Anyone can make themselves an omnivore. Put beef pellets in cow-feed and they will eat it, technically they will be omnivorous as a result but a cow is still a herbivore.

Yes you are right that factory farming has made an already unhealthy habit an even more unhealthy one, but the trans fats and sat fats are there regardless of hormone injections. Neither of which are compatible to human biological make up in even moderate amounts..

This is why many that get diagnosed with such awful diseases like yourself often go straight back to a plant based diet. In many cases has actually reversing type 2 diabetes and heart disease and there are studies into its affects on reversing cancer.

Natural meat eaters do not get these diseases so easily due to eating what is essentially their natural diet.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cancer-reversal-through-diet/

IT is true vegans have a lower risk of cancer that will soon affect one in two of us during our lifetimes. However, this because they are not exposed to higher risk hormones and chemicals in meat such as the above.

“A recent study by Oxford University, looking at how diet affects cancer risk, revealed that vegans have a much lower risk of getting the disease (Key et al., 2014). The 15-year-long study followed 60,000 British men and women, of which over 18,000 were vegetarians and 2,246 vegan. They found that overall cancer incidence (compared to meat-eaters) was 11 per cent lower in vegetarians and 19 per cent lower in vegans. This result corresponds with a review by Huang et al. (2012) that reached the conclusion that vegetarians (all groups of vegetarians together) have 18 per cent lower cancer rates than meat-eaters.

Another large study of almost 70,000 people, their dietary patterns and cancer incidence suggests that vegan diets are associated with a lower risk of all cancers combined and particularly with lower risk of female-specific cancers when compared with non-vegetarians (Tantamango-Bartley et al., 2013). Vegetarians as a combined group had lower risk of all cancers and gastrointestinal cancers in particular than meat-eaters.”
Source * https://www.vivahealth.org.uk/veganhealth/dont-feed-cancer

Bottom line, eating the right kind of meat and fish is ok for us,but beef,pork and salmon is of a higher risk because of the hormone and growth additives.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 11:43 - Mar 23 with 2145 viewsJack_Kass

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 01:02 - Mar 23 by E20Jack

I disagree. I would say all meat has a negative impact on the body, its like smoking really, the more you do the worse it is.

Anyone can make themselves an omnivore. Put beef pellets in cow-feed and they will eat it, technically they will be omnivorous as a result but a cow is still a herbivore.

Yes you are right that factory farming has made an already unhealthy habit an even more unhealthy one, but the trans fats and sat fats are there regardless of hormone injections. Neither of which are compatible to human biological make up in even moderate amounts..

This is why many that get diagnosed with such awful diseases like yourself often go straight back to a plant based diet. In many cases has actually reversing type 2 diabetes and heart disease and there are studies into its affects on reversing cancer.

Natural meat eaters do not get these diseases so easily due to eating what is essentially their natural diet.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cancer-reversal-through-diet/

Your issue is you are hardened and brainwashed in the PETA view and are unable to remain objective, in regards to evolutionary science.

We all began as bacteria in the ocean, we were not designed to do anything but exist and multiply. On this basis, we are not designed to eat anything.

Studies show we've been meat eaters for 2 million years, and this led to the accelerated growth of human evolution, especially in regards to brain development, and the bipedal stance.

So are you arguing our bodies are not designed to stand upright? And we should all take our ancestral approach and return to a quadrapedal stance?

Yes our teeth and gut do not reflect the designs of other carnivores, such as lions.

But if we look at the animal kingdom, pandas have the evolutionary design to be carnivores, yet maintain a herbivore diet, why? because the umami taste receptor gene became 'faulty' along the evolutionary line some thousands of years ago.

Are you arguing that Pandas are not designed to eat bamboo and should be carnivores? This doesn't seem to have an adverse affect on the health of their species? So you can accept that design changes with evolution?

To assume we have design in the first place, but ignore or deny the influence of evolutionary change on those designs, is just hypocritical and contradictory to any scientific foundation.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 11:50]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 01:30 - Mar 24 with 2074 viewsE20Jack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 10:49 - Mar 23 by Highjack

Rape? Really?

Yes.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 01:41 - Mar 24 with 2072 viewsE20Jack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 10:52 - Mar 23 by Lord_Bony

IT is true vegans have a lower risk of cancer that will soon affect one in two of us during our lifetimes. However, this because they are not exposed to higher risk hormones and chemicals in meat such as the above.

“A recent study by Oxford University, looking at how diet affects cancer risk, revealed that vegans have a much lower risk of getting the disease (Key et al., 2014). The 15-year-long study followed 60,000 British men and women, of which over 18,000 were vegetarians and 2,246 vegan. They found that overall cancer incidence (compared to meat-eaters) was 11 per cent lower in vegetarians and 19 per cent lower in vegans. This result corresponds with a review by Huang et al. (2012) that reached the conclusion that vegetarians (all groups of vegetarians together) have 18 per cent lower cancer rates than meat-eaters.

Another large study of almost 70,000 people, their dietary patterns and cancer incidence suggests that vegan diets are associated with a lower risk of all cancers combined and particularly with lower risk of female-specific cancers when compared with non-vegetarians (Tantamango-Bartley et al., 2013). Vegetarians as a combined group had lower risk of all cancers and gastrointestinal cancers in particular than meat-eaters.”
Source * https://www.vivahealth.org.uk/veganhealth/dont-feed-cancer

Bottom line, eating the right kind of meat and fish is ok for us,but beef,pork and salmon is of a higher risk because of the hormone and growth additives.

Again I am afraid we disagree slightly again. It is not the hormones that are carcinogens, maybe you are thinking of the nitrates and preservatives in processed meat? Meat is a carcinogen due to the sat and trans fats that are highly linked to such things as aggressive prostate cancer.

Its important we differentiate between something being good for you and being harmful but potentially no lasting negative if ingested in small quantities. The latter most certainly doesn't mean it is therefor good for you.

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 01:50 - Mar 24 with 2070 viewsE20Jack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 11:43 - Mar 23 by Jack_Kass

Your issue is you are hardened and brainwashed in the PETA view and are unable to remain objective, in regards to evolutionary science.

We all began as bacteria in the ocean, we were not designed to do anything but exist and multiply. On this basis, we are not designed to eat anything.

Studies show we've been meat eaters for 2 million years, and this led to the accelerated growth of human evolution, especially in regards to brain development, and the bipedal stance.

So are you arguing our bodies are not designed to stand upright? And we should all take our ancestral approach and return to a quadrapedal stance?

Yes our teeth and gut do not reflect the designs of other carnivores, such as lions.

But if we look at the animal kingdom, pandas have the evolutionary design to be carnivores, yet maintain a herbivore diet, why? because the umami taste receptor gene became 'faulty' along the evolutionary line some thousands of years ago.

Are you arguing that Pandas are not designed to eat bamboo and should be carnivores? This doesn't seem to have an adverse affect on the health of their species? So you can accept that design changes with evolution?

To assume we have design in the first place, but ignore or deny the influence of evolutionary change on those designs, is just hypocritical and contradictory to any scientific foundation.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 11:50]

Of course we are designed, we are designed continually to adapt to our surroundings. This is a process that makes millions of years. Giraffes are therefore designed with a long neck by their DNA.

I am not in the least bit brainwashes by anyone, let alone PETA. I became vegan from a full on meat eater. I had absolutely no reason to side with veganism, in fact I had very much the same reaction to a lot of you guys currently do. My decision to change to a plant based diet was the result of endless hours of research to come to a life changing decision.

Pandas don't need to eat meat, eating a plant based diet has no negative effects. They thrive off it, they have no reason to eat meat. We do not have any health risks from walking upright, it is generally a positive chance in the human evolutionary cycle.

Us eating meat goes against our biology, instincts and health. It is not the slightest bit similar to a Pandas situation. As Lord Bony has provided, the stats and scientific research says humans thrive off a plant based diet. So if you don't need to eat meat to be healthy, and in fact will thrive as a result of not doing so - why inflict unbelievable cruelty and cut your own life expectancy as a result? (cue the silly hamburgers taste good responses).

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 02:28 - Mar 24 with 2068 viewsDJack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 01:50 - Mar 24 by E20Jack

Of course we are designed, we are designed continually to adapt to our surroundings. This is a process that makes millions of years. Giraffes are therefore designed with a long neck by their DNA.

I am not in the least bit brainwashes by anyone, let alone PETA. I became vegan from a full on meat eater. I had absolutely no reason to side with veganism, in fact I had very much the same reaction to a lot of you guys currently do. My decision to change to a plant based diet was the result of endless hours of research to come to a life changing decision.

Pandas don't need to eat meat, eating a plant based diet has no negative effects. They thrive off it, they have no reason to eat meat. We do not have any health risks from walking upright, it is generally a positive chance in the human evolutionary cycle.

Us eating meat goes against our biology, instincts and health. It is not the slightest bit similar to a Pandas situation. As Lord Bony has provided, the stats and scientific research says humans thrive off a plant based diet. So if you don't need to eat meat to be healthy, and in fact will thrive as a result of not doing so - why inflict unbelievable cruelty and cut your own life expectancy as a result? (cue the silly hamburgers taste good responses).

We are omnivores... our teeth are those of an omnivore. We do eat more meat than is good for us, as we do saturated fat, sugar and many other things. You still waffle bollix.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 03:19 - Mar 24 with 2060 viewsE20Jack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 02:28 - Mar 24 by DJack

We are omnivores... our teeth are those of an omnivore. We do eat more meat than is good for us, as we do saturated fat, sugar and many other things. You still waffle bollix.

Our teeth resemble those of other primates. Designed to eat nuts and fruit. minute amounts of meat in desperate or survival situations - 2-3% is the generally accepted amount.

Grab a cow. Bite the side of it and see how far you get.

If you did manage to bite a chunk off through the tough hide without breaking your teeth, you then have to mentally face the repulsive challenge of chewing and getting it down your gullet against all natural desires, instinct and taste - if you get that far your body faces the task of digesting it with the stomach acid strength of a natural herbivore and the digestive tract length of a herbivore.... Then of course you face the task of whether the bacteria in raw meat will make you sick in the short term as our bodies are not compatible with the bacteria found in it. We havent even mentioned the longer term effects of what the sat fat and trans fat does to your organs.

Reckon any other natural meat eaters have these issues with their natural food source? Me neither.

Good luck in your quest. Sounds like you may need it.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 3:31]

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 16:17 - Mar 24 with 1999 viewsDJack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 03:19 - Mar 24 by E20Jack

Our teeth resemble those of other primates. Designed to eat nuts and fruit. minute amounts of meat in desperate or survival situations - 2-3% is the generally accepted amount.

Grab a cow. Bite the side of it and see how far you get.

If you did manage to bite a chunk off through the tough hide without breaking your teeth, you then have to mentally face the repulsive challenge of chewing and getting it down your gullet against all natural desires, instinct and taste - if you get that far your body faces the task of digesting it with the stomach acid strength of a natural herbivore and the digestive tract length of a herbivore.... Then of course you face the task of whether the bacteria in raw meat will make you sick in the short term as our bodies are not compatible with the bacteria found in it. We havent even mentioned the longer term effects of what the sat fat and trans fat does to your organs.

Reckon any other natural meat eaters have these issues with their natural food source? Me neither.

Good luck in your quest. Sounds like you may need it.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 3:31]

" resemble those of other primates." So, whilst similar, we are different from them.

If I was to grab a cow , as you put it, I would use a cutting tool just like our ancestors. Speaking of our ancestors they learn't that after a forest fire the dead (burnt/cooked) animals were still edible and easier to digest. They also formed hunting parties to kill large or dangerous animals.. and ate them.

As has been pointed out by others, we have evolved to be omnivore. As I have already stated we do eat too much meat ... and fat ...and sugar...and salt etc but this overconsumption of has happened in a very short time-scale and is beyond evolutionary compatibility/adjustment.

As I've stated previously... you waffle bollix.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 16:38 - Mar 24 with 1980 viewstrampie

What no omelette choice in the poll ? [or is it deemed to be similar to scrambled egg for this poll ?].

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 21:11 - Mar 24 with 1941 viewsLord_Bony

The problem these days is there’s veganism and then there’s Veganism–the upper case, ideological veganism, the kind that goes beyond diet and lifestyle wisdom to a sort of counterfactual crusade. For this crowd, it has become an article of faith that not only is meat-eating bad for humans, but that it’s always been bad for humans–that we were never meant to eat animal products at all, and that our teeth, facial structure and digestive systems are proof of that.

Man has been eating,cooking and hunting meat forthe last 500,000 years. To catch those animals required thinking and brain power rather than just sitting down eating roots all day. The extra protein and nutrients in that meet made us evolve and change into hunters. Eventually our jaw lines receded and our skulls grew bigger,housing larger brains. This is what drove the ascent of man to be top of the food chain on the planet.

Another clue is our eyes,omnivores have eyes at the front ,herbivores like cows and sheep at the sides so they can see predators approaching...we are hunter gatherers by nature.

Modern Veganism won't have none of this,they are in denial we are omnivores.

Here's an interesting article on why we are proven omnivores.

https://www.desertmuseum.org/center/edu/docs/3-4_Hunters_skulls.pdf

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 21:40 - Mar 24 with 1920 viewswaynekerr55

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 16:38 - Mar 24 by trampie

What no omelette choice in the poll ? [or is it deemed to be similar to scrambled egg for this poll ?].

With Tabasco sauce I hope Trampie!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 21:58 - Mar 24 with 1906 viewsE20Jack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 16:17 - Mar 24 by DJack

" resemble those of other primates." So, whilst similar, we are different from them.

If I was to grab a cow , as you put it, I would use a cutting tool just like our ancestors. Speaking of our ancestors they learn't that after a forest fire the dead (burnt/cooked) animals were still edible and easier to digest. They also formed hunting parties to kill large or dangerous animals.. and ate them.

As has been pointed out by others, we have evolved to be omnivore. As I have already stated we do eat too much meat ... and fat ...and sugar...and salt etc but this overconsumption of has happened in a very short time-scale and is beyond evolutionary compatibility/adjustment.

As I've stated previously... you waffle bollix.

You can say it previously, you can say it in the future.. doesn't make it true.

I agree with much of what you say however. Apart from us evolving to be omnivores on the scale we are. If you want to go back to thousands of years ago then why don't we all live in caves and carry around clubs in the modern day, rape instead of build relationship? Because we have found better ways. That's evolution for you.

So science has proven beyond doubt that a plant based diet is the better way. Healthier, live longer, more compatible for our bodies, more sustainable, better for the environment we live in and of course makes the human body thrive.

Completely agree on the forest fires things too. Humans were opportunists. There were no hospitals so injury would be fatal. I would imagine hunting parties were far more uncommon than thought, weapons would be made for defence while taking the easy pickings from forest floors like most primates - hence the hands and no claws or meat tearing teeth.

Over consumption is relative. I am guessing your level of acceptable consumption is different to anothers on the health front.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 22:22]

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 22:11 - Mar 24 with 1893 viewsCooperman

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 21:58 - Mar 24 by E20Jack

You can say it previously, you can say it in the future.. doesn't make it true.

I agree with much of what you say however. Apart from us evolving to be omnivores on the scale we are. If you want to go back to thousands of years ago then why don't we all live in caves and carry around clubs in the modern day, rape instead of build relationship? Because we have found better ways. That's evolution for you.

So science has proven beyond doubt that a plant based diet is the better way. Healthier, live longer, more compatible for our bodies, more sustainable, better for the environment we live in and of course makes the human body thrive.

Completely agree on the forest fires things too. Humans were opportunists. There were no hospitals so injury would be fatal. I would imagine hunting parties were far more uncommon than thought, weapons would be made for defence while taking the easy pickings from forest floors like most primates - hence the hands and no claws or meat tearing teeth.

Over consumption is relative. I am guessing your level of acceptable consumption is different to anothers on the health front.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 22:22]

What is your dietary habit - vegan, vegetarian, low consumer of meat?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 22:13 - Mar 24 with 1889 viewsE20Jack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 21:11 - Mar 24 by Lord_Bony

The problem these days is there’s veganism and then there’s Veganism–the upper case, ideological veganism, the kind that goes beyond diet and lifestyle wisdom to a sort of counterfactual crusade. For this crowd, it has become an article of faith that not only is meat-eating bad for humans, but that it’s always been bad for humans–that we were never meant to eat animal products at all, and that our teeth, facial structure and digestive systems are proof of that.

Man has been eating,cooking and hunting meat forthe last 500,000 years. To catch those animals required thinking and brain power rather than just sitting down eating roots all day. The extra protein and nutrients in that meet made us evolve and change into hunters. Eventually our jaw lines receded and our skulls grew bigger,housing larger brains. This is what drove the ascent of man to be top of the food chain on the planet.

Another clue is our eyes,omnivores have eyes at the front ,herbivores like cows and sheep at the sides so they can see predators approaching...we are hunter gatherers by nature.

Modern Veganism won't have none of this,they are in denial we are omnivores.

Here's an interesting article on why we are proven omnivores.

https://www.desertmuseum.org/center/edu/docs/3-4_Hunters_skulls.pdf

Lord bony that just simply is not true.

The development of the brain came from carbohydrates not protein. Not to mention of course that on a side note the best protein source you can have comes from leafy greens.

You could then argue of course that now we have developed our brains to such an extent that we know certain things are bad like tobacco and act upon it, surely we would do the same with consuming animals? Brain development is to make the host thrive otherwise what is the point in brain development?

We derived from apes. Primates have eyes to the front and also photopic vision as primates need to distinguish branches in the foreground as they go from one to the other.

If you are looking at differences between the biology of meat eaters and herbivores then look at the structure of our jaw - it moves side to side. Find another carnivore that has this. Look at the stomach acid weakness that of a herbivore, find me another carnivore with our stomach acid strength. Look at our intestines, proportionate length is bang on with a herbivore. Show me another meat eater with that length of digestive tract. The list is endless.

Our bodies are not capable of dealing with trans fats and sat fats. All meat is bad. How bad it affects you is dependant on how much you have. How many other meat eating animals have a global dietary epidemic? How many do you see having heart attacks? How many develop type 2.diabetes? Humans are literally killing themselves through diet, incorrect diet at that. Normalised by society for convenience and profit.

There is no denial. I think everybody accepts we are omnivores, the question is whether we are natural omnivores or were once forced to out of necessity and now do so against all instincts, health findings , morality and biological need.... when we clearly don't need to.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 22:29]

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 22:15 - Mar 24 with 1887 viewsE20Jack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 22:11 - Mar 24 by Cooperman

What is your dietary habit - vegan, vegetarian, low consumer of meat?

I don't eat anything that comes from an animal what so ever.

Everything else is fair game and bloody delicious.

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 22:31 - Mar 24 with 1880 viewsCooperman

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 22:15 - Mar 24 by E20Jack

I don't eat anything that comes from an animal what so ever.

Everything else is fair game and bloody delicious.

The second sentence is absolutely nailed on.

Considerable time spent working in Japan has introduced me to tofu and mushroom substitutes for meat. Over the course of time my appreciation of a good of steak has diminished somewhat as I now appreciate what alternative fare can be served up; convenience always reigns me in though when I return home, and to be frank about it there’s nobody who loves a good banger or slice of black pudding more than me.

I’m slowly cranking the pressure up on my wife and kids to adopt a diet that is more vegan biased; it needs the four of us to pull together for the medium term until it’s a way of life. Definitely a case of work in progress.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 22:53 - Mar 24 with 1874 viewsE20Jack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 22:31 - Mar 24 by Cooperman

The second sentence is absolutely nailed on.

Considerable time spent working in Japan has introduced me to tofu and mushroom substitutes for meat. Over the course of time my appreciation of a good of steak has diminished somewhat as I now appreciate what alternative fare can be served up; convenience always reigns me in though when I return home, and to be frank about it there’s nobody who loves a good banger or slice of black pudding more than me.

I’m slowly cranking the pressure up on my wife and kids to adopt a diet that is more vegan biased; it needs the four of us to pull together for the medium term until it’s a way of life. Definitely a case of work in progress.

Amazing to hear Cooperman. Absolutely agree about the family too, it is a decision that will need to be made by everyone as it makes things so much easier. They will thank you though and will be far healthier as a result.

Convenience unfortunately is the thing that stops so many people. But the more that are becoming vegan (biggest movement on the planet currently) the more options we will have and the easier it will become. It really is going to be huge soon and hopefully then the norm for most. If you have been to LA recently every other eatery is vegan. Branson and Gates both pouring millions into it pre-empting the tidal wave.

Also fascinating to hear about your time in Japan and how taste changes, absolutely agree. I used to love a steak and was a big chicken eater, loved a KFC too in a weak and hungry moment. The smell used to drag me in.

Since turning vegan I find these things repulsive. I walked past a KFC on my way to the train station last week and heaved, that was not the thought of it being an animal or any vegan mentality but the smell of it made my body recoil.

How I felt when I saw a hamburger advertisement is now how I feel when I see plant options. Never thought I would say that in a million years, but feels far more natural than previous where even though I ate it I was aware I was eating a corpse.

Really is great to hear though Coops. Thanks for sharing.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 22:58]

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 02:49 - Mar 25 with 1838 viewsDJack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 22:13 - Mar 24 by E20Jack

Lord bony that just simply is not true.

The development of the brain came from carbohydrates not protein. Not to mention of course that on a side note the best protein source you can have comes from leafy greens.

You could then argue of course that now we have developed our brains to such an extent that we know certain things are bad like tobacco and act upon it, surely we would do the same with consuming animals? Brain development is to make the host thrive otherwise what is the point in brain development?

We derived from apes. Primates have eyes to the front and also photopic vision as primates need to distinguish branches in the foreground as they go from one to the other.

If you are looking at differences between the biology of meat eaters and herbivores then look at the structure of our jaw - it moves side to side. Find another carnivore that has this. Look at the stomach acid weakness that of a herbivore, find me another carnivore with our stomach acid strength. Look at our intestines, proportionate length is bang on with a herbivore. Show me another meat eater with that length of digestive tract. The list is endless.

Our bodies are not capable of dealing with trans fats and sat fats. All meat is bad. How bad it affects you is dependant on how much you have. How many other meat eating animals have a global dietary epidemic? How many do you see having heart attacks? How many develop type 2.diabetes? Humans are literally killing themselves through diet, incorrect diet at that. Normalised by society for convenience and profit.

There is no denial. I think everybody accepts we are omnivores, the question is whether we are natural omnivores or were once forced to out of necessity and now do so against all instincts, health findings , morality and biological need.... when we clearly don't need to.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 22:29]

ABSOLUTE HORSESH!T!

The development of the brain did NOT come from carbohydrates. There are competing theories, starting at, starting to walk on the savannah and using stereoscopic vision to identifying potential threats being foremost.

You then bring in primates, forgetting, just like the religious types, that we are not actually monkeys but an independent offshoot. Next it is herbivores, carnivores and intestinal length... we are omnivores stop muddying the waters with the previously mentioned types.

You then link trans fats and and saturated fats with meat consumption...Trans fats are a modern invention separate from meat consumption and saturated fat does not need a meat component. False attribution on your part... again.

Then you waffle natural or forced omnivore ('cos you know that you are losing the argument). In the evolutionary scale it doesn't matter a dingo's kidney if we converted naturally or were forced to be an omnivore but it is important that it is an evolutionary advantage for us as humans as it happens.

As I've said previously, you waffle bollix.

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 08:38 - Mar 25 with 1813 viewsE20Jack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 02:49 - Mar 25 by DJack

ABSOLUTE HORSESH!T!

The development of the brain did NOT come from carbohydrates. There are competing theories, starting at, starting to walk on the savannah and using stereoscopic vision to identifying potential threats being foremost.

You then bring in primates, forgetting, just like the religious types, that we are not actually monkeys but an independent offshoot. Next it is herbivores, carnivores and intestinal length... we are omnivores stop muddying the waters with the previously mentioned types.

You then link trans fats and and saturated fats with meat consumption...Trans fats are a modern invention separate from meat consumption and saturated fat does not need a meat component. False attribution on your part... again.

Then you waffle natural or forced omnivore ('cos you know that you are losing the argument). In the evolutionary scale it doesn't matter a dingo's kidney if we converted naturally or were forced to be an omnivore but it is important that it is an evolutionary advantage for us as humans as it happens.

As I've said previously, you waffle bollix.

You can say it previously, you can say it in the future, you can say it in capitals, you can say it while swearing... it still won't make it true.

The development of the brain did come from carbohydrates this has been theorised and proven by scholars, professors and scientists the world over due to the rate of development 800,000 years ago accelerated at such s rate and tied in with the increase in starchy carbs particularly long chains of the simple sugar glucose or starches essential for brain development.

By all means if you have come up with a better and proofed theory by all means put it forward. But until that time we have to take what we know as fact. Starchy carbohydrates developed the brain.

Of course I bring in primates, why wouldn't I? Of course we are an independent species, but we still have the same biological traits. You are only backing up my point that our meat habit came via human interference and not nature.

Herbivores and carnivores digestive tract length... again there is no muddying of any waters. We have the biological make up of a herbivore. This again backs up the fact we are natural herbivores that are almost forcing themselves to be omnivorous beings. Our bodies can process meat but in incredibly small doses, again this would be in survival situations. We aren't in a survival situation, we don't need to, it's harmful - so why do it?

Trans fats are basically found in one place in nature - animal fat. You can dispute that til the cows come home but it is a fact I am afraid. The WHO (world health organisation) suggests we should be eating next to no trans fats. Does that sound like its good for you then? You answer.

No waffle here my friend, just fact and common sense. I would love it if you reciprocated. If we wanted to give ourselves an evolutionary advantage by forcing ourselves to eat meat then why does it shorten our lives? Your theory makes no sense, an evolutionary advantage would be for our food to make us thrive... you know, like a plant based diet does. Quite factually.

You really need to be bringing some sense to the table instead of playground antics Djack, you never know you may win me around. But in order to do that you will need to combat my facts (which is what they are) - saying such like as "billox" or whatever it is you keep repeating, really is not helping your stance or view. Have a chat, I could talk about this all day, I am a friendly soul - you may even like it.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 9:31]

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 09:22 - Mar 25 with 1788 viewsswanforthemoney

For a Vegan or Vegetarian meal go to Govindas in town between Kingsway and Walter road and have the vegan or vegetarian special; a good value, well balanced and tasty meal. For larger appetites the ‘super special’ at £7 95 is really filling. I’m not really a vege myself but find their food a refreshing change.

I stand in the North Stand

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 09:25 - Mar 25 with 1783 viewsE20Jack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 09:22 - Mar 25 by swanforthemoney

For a Vegan or Vegetarian meal go to Govindas in town between Kingsway and Walter road and have the vegan or vegetarian special; a good value, well balanced and tasty meal. For larger appetites the ‘super special’ at £7 95 is really filling. I’m not really a vege myself but find their food a refreshing change.

Top advice, there is a Govindas not far from me and usually go every other weekend or so when me and the utter half fancy a treat. Lovely stuff in there.

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 10:43 - Mar 25 with 1767 viewsLord_Bony

So humans are not designed to eat meat? sorry it is bollux.

What about Eskimos...alomost entirely whale meat, blubber, seals etc with the extremely high fat intake...very healthy.

The Massai tribes of East Africa again just milk and meat mainly....not an ounce of fat on them, all muscle ....very healthy.

This is nature and these people have not changed their dietary habits in thousands of years.

https://www.myhealthwire.com/news/diet-nutrition/705

Vegetarians lack many vitamins and nutrients they miss from meat.

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 11:13 - Mar 25 with 1753 viewsE20Jack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 10:43 - Mar 25 by Lord_Bony

So humans are not designed to eat meat? sorry it is bollux.

What about Eskimos...alomost entirely whale meat, blubber, seals etc with the extremely high fat intake...very healthy.

The Massai tribes of East Africa again just milk and meat mainly....not an ounce of fat on them, all muscle ....very healthy.

This is nature and these people have not changed their dietary habits in thousands of years.

https://www.myhealthwire.com/news/diet-nutrition/705

Vegetarians lack many vitamins and nutrients they miss from meat.

Eskimos eat meat out of necessity. Their life expectancy is 10% less than their neighbouring Canada. I googled the reason as to why and this was the result:-

"Obesity, type-2 diabetes, tooth decay, and cancers of the breast, prostate, and colon have been added to the Eskimo's traditional health problems of artery disease, bone loss, and infectious diseases." - far from "healthy" I am sure you will agree Lord Bony?

The Masai Mara have a life expectancy of almost half of ours. Expecting to not reach their mid 40's. Possibly the lowest life expectancy in world today. Their diet is almost entirely made up of animal products and as a result are the most unhealthy group of people on the planet. What on earth makes you believe they are healthy?

The B12 argument is one trotted out every time this discussion comes up, but it makes little sense. B12 is a vitamin found in the bacteria in soil. Animals have it due to eating grass and other vegetation containing soil. B12 is not something naturally found in animals.

In fact, due to factory farming and therefore sanitised feed - B12 has to be artificially injected into meat. Most people that are B12 deficient in the world are meat eaters.

Vegans and vegetarians also would have B12 if they did not clean their vegetables. Again you are just filtering what your body needs through a corpse... a corpse that is harmful to consume. Just get the vitamins from the source. (Or a daily supplement got at any good health food shop).

Lord Bony, you really should look into this. It could literally help you in so many ways. I urge you to look at this incredibly closely. Feel free to PM me and we can have a chat about it if you need any neutral sources to look at.

You have done some research yourself and already told us that vegans live on average 10 years longer and have less chance of cancer, heart disease and other major killers. Why do you think that is?

Eskimos and the Masai Mara eat animal products as fresh as you can get - no added chemicals or preservatives or hormones... yet all developing awful diseases and dying long before they should. Ask yourself why.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 12:02]

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 11:41 - Mar 25 with 1738 viewsLord_Bony

Th life span of eskimos and Masai is obviously shorter than westerners because o the dangers they face with no health or welfare system to support them in crisis.

Mortality comes mostly from accidents, warfare and infectious disease rather than chronic disease that we have in the west .

When Eskimos for example adopt a Canadian western diet then they too succumb to chronic disease and heart attacks like the rest of us....this has been proven time and again with different indigenous tribes.

Other than that they survive ok on their mainly meat diets.

Thank our for your concern and yes indeed since bein diagnosed I have radically changed my diet and lifestyle. I did go vegan for the first three months but I have eased back a little. I ty to restrict my meat,alcohol and dairy consumption as much as possible. I'm at a perfect weight as a result and in some ways more healthier than ever.

I have a very good friend who is a vegan just like you...and he is a pain in the ass when we go out or a meal.

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 11:50 - Mar 25 with 1735 viewsE20Jack

Inane Poll No1: How do you prefer your breakfast eggs? on 11:41 - Mar 25 by Lord_Bony

Th life span of eskimos and Masai is obviously shorter than westerners because o the dangers they face with no health or welfare system to support them in crisis.

Mortality comes mostly from accidents, warfare and infectious disease rather than chronic disease that we have in the west .

When Eskimos for example adopt a Canadian western diet then they too succumb to chronic disease and heart attacks like the rest of us....this has been proven time and again with different indigenous tribes.

Other than that they survive ok on their mainly meat diets.

Thank our for your concern and yes indeed since bein diagnosed I have radically changed my diet and lifestyle. I did go vegan for the first three months but I have eased back a little. I ty to restrict my meat,alcohol and dairy consumption as much as possible. I'm at a perfect weight as a result and in some ways more healthier than ever.

I have a very good friend who is a vegan just like you...and he is a pain in the ass when we go out or a meal.

Again that is not really true LB.

Eskimos have incredibly high rates of stroke, one of the highest rates on the planet, their Omega 3 intake seems to be a problem as it is linked to hindering medication to treat it. They also have traditionally higher rates in all major dietary conditions like heart disease, colon cancer and type 2 diabetes. Give them the greatest hospitals on the planet right on their doorstep - they would still develop these diseases at alarming rates, they may die less as a result but that is an irrelevance really isn't it. We want to look at prevention not cure.

So while yes their healthcare is not as accessible, the rate at which they pick up these dietary diseases are far far far greater than those on the main land. The Maasai people's dietary illnesses are off the charts.

You say when Eskimos live in mainland Canada they still die of heart disease like the rest of "us", that is probably because they are eating meat like the rest of you.

Find me an Eskimo that has diet of heart disease or stroke that is a vegan.

You have said yourself that vegans live 10 years longer, lower their risk if cancer, heart disease and diabetes... That's absolutely huge. So what is the argument to eat meat? Is it purely sacrificing 10 years with your children because you like the taste of something?

Just don't understand it.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 12:00]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024