Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "Swansea Way"... 08:36 - Mar 19 with 6028 viewsHeadmaster

...or whatever you want to call it. Will we ever see this kind of football from us again? Arsenal and West Ham recently were great to watch, but do you think we can get our style back if Carvalhal is given backing in the summer?

The "Swansea Way"... on 23:59 - Mar 19 with 1473 viewsTheResurrection

The "Swansea Way"... on 21:18 - Mar 19 by Dr_Winston

Honest answer is I'd keep Carvalhal. For the same reasons I advocated keeping both Guidolin and Clement. He's earned the right to start a season on an even keel given the job he's done since he took over.

The same answer for me.

But this message board, or at least the idiots on here, won't be honest with their delusions of hindsightology if it didn't work out again.

Which is cheap, really and unfair.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The on 23:59 - Mar 19 with 1473 viewsKilkennyjack

Moronic teachers pet Monk ruined our Swansea way.

I think Carlos might play that way next year at home, why not ?

If Carlos keaves, Roberto would do for me.
Top coach - which is why he in charge of the brilliant Belgians at the world cup.

No cookie though :-).
[Post edited 20 Mar 2018 7:55]

Beware of the Risen People

The "Swansea Way"... on 00:03 - Mar 20 with 1461 viewsTheResurrection

The on 23:59 - Mar 19 by Kilkennyjack

Top coach - which is why he in charge of the brilliant Belgians at the world cup.

Bless

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The "Swansea Way"... on 00:25 - Mar 20 with 1439 viewsWarwickHunt

The on 23:59 - Mar 19 by Kilkennyjack

You lost me at Roberto...

Holland? You reckon?
The "Swansea Way"... on 03:48 - Mar 20 with 1415 viewsLoyal

The "Swansea Way"... on 14:54 - Mar 19 by TheResurrection

And you all need to learn this also.

It's not the Swansea Way, it's never been the Swansea Way.

It was Martinez' Way or Rodgers Way, or Laudrup's Way so in other words the Managers Way.

If any of you think that if any club in this league appoints a manager because they play this way AND that it would guarantee success, then you've got another think coming.

It really isn't as simple as that.

And there was me thinking it was pass the football to someone you know .....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The "Swansea Way"... on 07:07 - Mar 20 with 1388 viewsDr_Winston

The "Swansea Way"... on 23:59 - Mar 19 by TheResurrection

The same answer for me.

But this message board, or at least the idiots on here, won't be honest with their delusions of hindsightology if it didn't work out again.

Which is cheap, really and unfair.

Lots of hindsight experts on here. Witness the number of people beginning to claim that they thought VdH was "ok really" before.

The real missed opportunity was Guidolin. We had a coach with a proven and impressive track record of overachievement with smaller clubs in his league and we dicked him around massively.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The on 07:15 - Mar 20 with 1382 viewsHeadmaster

The "Swansea Way"... on 07:07 - Mar 20 by Dr_Winston

Lots of hindsight experts on here. Witness the number of people beginning to claim that they thought VdH was "ok really" before.

The real missed opportunity was Guidolin. We had a coach with a proven and impressive track record of overachievement with smaller clubs in his league and we dicked him around massively.

I said at the time that we should not have extended Guidolin's contract if Brendan Rodgers was available and wanted to come back. I still stand by that. Why? Guidolin was still a risk, despite his achievement in keeping us up. Brendan was a proven Premier League manager. At that time, we needed stability. Instead, we got further instability. I don't blame Guidolin for that, of course.

Jenkins has since come out and said failing to get Brendan back is his biggest regret. We didn't need hindsight to know it was a poor decision, regardless of the club's treatment of Guidolin thereafter.

As for now, if it's a choice between Martinez and Carvalhal, I'd choose Carvalhal. But If Rodgers can be tempted away from Celtic, I'd have him here in a heartbeat.
The on 07:21 - Mar 20 with 1377 viewsDr_Winston

The on 07:15 - Mar 20 by Headmaster

I said at the time that we should not have extended Guidolin's contract if Brendan Rodgers was available and wanted to come back. I still stand by that. Why? Guidolin was still a risk, despite his achievement in keeping us up. Brendan was a proven Premier League manager. At that time, we needed stability. Instead, we got further instability. I don't blame Guidolin for that, of course.

Jenkins has since come out and said failing to get Brendan back is his biggest regret. We didn't need hindsight to know it was a poor decision, regardless of the club's treatment of Guidolin thereafter.

As for now, if it's a choice between Martinez and Carvalhal, I'd choose Carvalhal. But If Rodgers can be tempted away from Celtic, I'd have him here in a heartbeat.

I don't believe there was any real prospect of Rodgers leaving what he has at Celtic to repeat himself here, no matter what Jenkins might have thought/claimed.

If he wants one of the big English or European clubs again he's going to have to push them on in the Champions League. Some more mid table finishes with us won't cut it, and he'll be well aware of that.

I may be wrong, but Rodgers doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd voluntarily take another step sideways or backwards.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

The on 07:35 - Mar 20 with 1369 viewsmagicdaps10

Rodgers thought he had the gig only for Guidolins contract to be extended.

The reason being, Rodgers wanted to strengthen the squad and not lose Ash, Ash would have stayed if Brendan got the job. Rodgers had players in mind that he wanted to bring in, obviously this was not what certain people wanted.

That is not an opinion but the truth. Some will have a go but some will know this to be the truth also.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The on 07:42 - Mar 20 with 1365 viewsDr_Winston

The on 07:35 - Mar 20 by magicdaps10

Rodgers thought he had the gig only for Guidolins contract to be extended.

The reason being, Rodgers wanted to strengthen the squad and not lose Ash, Ash would have stayed if Brendan got the job. Rodgers had players in mind that he wanted to bring in, obviously this was not what certain people wanted.

That is not an opinion but the truth. Some will have a go but some will know this to be the truth also.

So if Rodgers had come in the first thing he would have done is veto a deal where we got an eight figure transfer fee for a central defender well on the downhill?

Looks like we dodged a bullet then.

The "Swansea Way"... on 07:57 - Mar 20 with 1358 viewsKilkennyjack

The "Swansea Way"... on 00:03 - Mar 20 by TheResurrection

Bless

Hows the new job going with the Trust ? 😂😂

The "Swansea Way"... on 07:58 - Mar 20 with 1356 viewsKilkennyjack

The "Swansea Way"... on 00:25 - Mar 20 by WarwickHunt

You lost me at Roberto...

Holland? You reckon?

What are you on about mun ? 😂

The "Swansea Way"... on 08:04 - Mar 20 with 1351 viewswaynekerr55

The "Swansea Way"... on 14:54 - Mar 19 by TheResurrection

And you all need to learn this also.

It's not the Swansea Way, it's never been the Swansea Way.

It was Martinez' Way or Rodgers Way, or Laudrup's Way so in other words the Managers Way.

If any of you think that if any club in this league appoints a manager because they play this way AND that it would guarantee success, then you've got another think coming.

It really isn't as simple as that.

Although it is important to note that it wasn't just our fans claiming it was a club philosophy, the esteemed chairman is on record a number of times claiming that it was the club's approach.

*Ducks for cover

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The on 09:25 - Mar 20 with 1317 viewsWarwickHunt

The on 07:42 - Mar 20 by Dr_Winston

So if Rodgers had come in the first thing he would have done is veto a deal where we got an eight figure transfer fee for a central defender well on the downhill?

Spot on. If anything we should have cashed in the season before.
The on 09:31 - Mar 20 with 1314 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"At that time, we needed stability. Instead, we got further instability."

But the instability was NOT caused by Guidolin, it was a case of selling our best players (again) and a very poor transfer market bringing in Players who were in no way ready for the Prem, either due to Injuries, lack of playing time or disparity in leagues.
Guidolin was then not given time to bring it all together even though it was obvious he was making good progress.
The "Swansea Way"... on 09:44 - Mar 20 with 1305 viewslonglostjack

This. The decision to fire him was an absolute disgrace but we all know why it happened and that it had nothing whatsoever to do with football.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The on 10:22 - Mar 20 with 1297 viewsmagicdaps10

The on 07:42 - Mar 20 by Dr_Winston

We will never know now.

All here say.

The on 11:47 - Mar 20 with 1266 viewsHeadmaster

The on 09:31 - Mar 20 by A_Fans_Dad

"At that time, we needed stability. Instead, we got further instability."

But the instability was NOT caused by Guidolin, it was a case of selling our best players (again) and a very poor transfer market bringing in Players who were in no way ready for the Prem, either due to Injuries, lack of playing time or disparity in leagues.
Guidolin was then not given time to bring it all together even though it was obvious he was making good progress.

Please read the sentence I wrote after the one which you quoted. We all know who is to blame for the instability. I just don't think extending Guidolin's contract at the time was the best decision, because he was never a long-term solution to our problems. By contrast, I thought keeping Clement was the right thing to do, for the long-term, and look how that turned out.

I agree regarding recruitment, but if there's no investment in the squad then we absolutely need to sell our best players. But we must replace them with players with the same, or ideally, better quality. We've had some success and a number of failures in this regard, leaving us fighting relegation three seasons in a row. Which is why I think we need a major overhaul at the club in the summer.
The on 12:21 - Mar 20 with 1244 viewsmagicdaps10

The on 11:47 - Mar 20 by Headmaster

Please read the sentence I wrote after the one which you quoted. We all know who is to blame for the instability. I just don't think extending Guidolin's contract at the time was the best decision, because he was never a long-term solution to our problems. By contrast, I thought keeping Clement was the right thing to do, for the long-term, and look how that turned out.

I agree regarding recruitment, but if there's no investment in the squad then we absolutely need to sell our best players. But we must replace them with players with the same, or ideally, better quality. We've had some success and a number of failures in this regard, leaving us fighting relegation three seasons in a row. Which is why I think we need a major overhaul at the club in the summer.

The planning at the top is terrible.

When there is a situation where there is money coming in, regards a player sale, it seems all the eggs are put in that one basket and any planning on that is done after the money hits the account......some times later than that.

These mistakes will catch us up if they are continued to be made.

The on 13:24 - Mar 20 with 1211 viewsTheResurrection

The on 10:22 - Mar 20 by magicdaps10

We will never know now.

All here say.

Do you know what hearsay means?

The on 13:27 - Mar 20 with 1208 viewsTheResurrection

The on 12:21 - Mar 20 by magicdaps10

The planning at the top is terrible.

When there is a situation where there is money coming in, regards a player sale, it seems all the eggs are put in that one basket and any planning on that is done after the money hits the account......some times later than that.

These mistakes will catch us up if they are continued to be made.

The money won't be coming in for years to come in some cases.

Are you all there pal?.

Move away from the keyboard.

The "Swansea Way"... on 13:59 - Mar 20 with 1194 viewsmagicdaps10

The "Swansea Way"... on 14:51 - Mar 20 with 1171 viewsDippy

I thought VDH was decent in the air.. but thought he was out of his depth last season.. but he's worked miracles and looks even better in a 3 man especially this season.

Poll: Cooper Out

The on 20:36 - Mar 20 with 1089 viewsJokeren1943

The reality is that most Premier League teams, midtabel and low-tabel teams play insanely boring. They play defensiv, do not want the ball and only go for counterattack (as we do at the moment cause survial is everything this spring).

Playing "the Swansea way" did not cost more money then how we play now, because we went for other types of players then the rest of the Premier League.

Personal I liked "the Swansea way". I am romantic when it comes to football.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2018 20:39]
The on 20:46 - Mar 20 with 1078 viewsswancity

The on 14:22 - Mar 19 by vetchonian

Dwight give it a rest.
Nobody was fawning over the "level" of performance it was more the fact even down to 10 men we got a result...The Huddersfield game was a must not lose affair had we done so Huddersfiled would now be above us and also after last weekends results we would be back in the bottom 3.Maybe Carlos should have gone gung ho as he did at Brighton and come away with us losing by 3 or 4 goals.
I doubt if those first 45 mins agsainst WBA will ever be repeated and in fact the architect of that failed to do so again during his tenure with all the quality available to him.
What I want is to secure our PL place over the remaining games and then hope for some good recruitment in the summer....then maybe we can start to build again. Regarding Saturdays performance I am dissapointed we didnt appear to try...we may have been better plating some of the U23 if we were frightened of risking players rather than opting to not contest!

But Dwight is right. Lots of people were wetting their knickers with excitement.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024