Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh pubs 09:37 - Mar 19 with 1795 viewsdickythorpe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cymrufyw/43386775
Welsh pubs on 09:42 - Mar 19 with 1781 viewsUxbridge

The Cwps shut? Bloody hell. 20 years too late probably given the state of it, but watched some excellent bands there back in the day.

Llew Du wasn't for the fainthearted English speaker either, let alone any English student who stumbled in.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Welsh pubs on 12:23 - Mar 19 with 1684 viewsSwanjaxs

Welsh pubs on 09:42 - Mar 19 by Uxbridge

The Cwps shut? Bloody hell. 20 years too late probably given the state of it, but watched some excellent bands there back in the day.

Llew Du wasn't for the fainthearted English speaker either, let alone any English student who stumbled in.

How would a non Welsh speaking Welsh person fare if they entered said establishment?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Welsh pubs on 12:38 - Mar 19 with 1672 viewsBanosswan

Welsh pubs on 12:23 - Mar 19 by Swanjaxs

How would a non Welsh speaking Welsh person fare if they entered said establishment?

'Llew Du wasn't for the fainthearted English speaker either'

I had a nice exchange with someone who didn't realise I could speak Welsh, they just assumed I was English like the mate I was with.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Welsh pubs on 12:43 - Mar 19 with 1660 viewsSwanjaxs

Welsh pubs on 12:38 - Mar 19 by Banosswan

I had a nice exchange with someone who didn't realise I could speak Welsh, they just assumed I was English like the mate I was with.

I hope you made him look like the stupid oaf he was behaving like mate! No need ...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Welsh pubs on 12:45 - Mar 19 with 1655 viewsBanosswan

Welsh pubs on 12:43 - Mar 19 by Swanjaxs

I hope you made him look like the stupid oaf he was behaving like mate! No need ...

Goes without saying, it winds me up as it undermines the cause of protecting the Language.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Welsh pubs on 12:53 - Mar 19 with 1646 viewsSwanjaxs

Welsh pubs on 12:45 - Mar 19 by Banosswan

Goes without saying, it winds me up as it undermines the cause of protecting the Language.

Good man👍My fathers side of the family are Welsh speaking, even today it's thier first language, my mother couldn't speak a word of Welsh, when my mother was in a room with them on her own they'd only speak in Welsh totally excluding her from the conversation, this used to infuriate my father who insisted they speak English at all times in front of my mother, but whenever my father left a room they would go back to speaking in Welsh..... to this day I still have nothing to do with my father's side of the family because of it

Welsh pubs on 16:11 - Mar 19 with 1554 viewsTreforys_Jack

Welsh pubs on 12:53 - Mar 19 by Swanjaxs

Good man👍My fathers side of the family are Welsh speaking, even today it's thier first language, my mother couldn't speak a word of Welsh, when my mother was in a room with them on her own they'd only speak in Welsh totally excluding her from the conversation, this used to infuriate my father who insisted they speak English at all times in front of my mother, but whenever my father left a room they would go back to speaking in Welsh..... to this day I still have nothing to do with my father's side of the family because of it

Wrong post , apologies.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 16:15]
Welsh pubs on 16:23 - Mar 19 with 1529 viewsWxmJax

The Black Boy is a nice place for a meal, usually heaving in Summer. The Anglesey is in a cracking spot next to Caernarfon Castle overlooking the Menai Straits, nice place to spend a summer evening. Stay at the nearby Premier Inn or Travelodge or at The Black Boy if you're splashing out. Come up Norf boys, you might even like it.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh pubs on 16:30 - Mar 19 with 1518 viewsWarwickHunt

Welsh pubs on 12:38 - Mar 19 by Banosswan

Couple of mates were in Barney's Beanery in L.A. and saw their "Beer from every country in the world" sign. They asked for Welsh beer and were duly served a couple of bottles (Double Dragon from memory...).

Hey, so are you guys Welsh?
Aye!
Can you speak Welsh?
Yes, they lied
Speak some Welsh and the beers are on the house...

They recited alternate lines of the national anthem as if they were having a conversation.

OSSUM!

Free beer- job done!
Welsh pubs on 11:14 - Mar 22 with 1254 viewswestwalesed

Tafarn Sinc and Bessies in Cwm Gwaun are both my locals!

A good (TRADITIONAL) pub really is worth its weight in gold.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024