Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
M4 upgrade 20:52 - Mar 19 with 5005 viewsmax936

But from junction 3 to junction 12 32 miles. nearly a billion quids worth, our roads need improving M4 particularly I wonder if anything is likely to happen with that.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/£862m-m4-motorway-upgrades-unlikely-to-incl

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

M4 upgrade on 20:54 - Mar 19 with 4095 viewsNeath_Jack

Why our end of the M4 can't use smart lanes, or whatever they're called? Where at peak times, the hard shoulders get used as another regular lane.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

M4 upgrade on 22:59 - Mar 19 with 3979 viewsPrivate_Partz

It is another scheme to try and save money by spending as little as possible on the Public Sector
Cars can break down and come to a halt within a few yards. People are dying and will die with hair brained schemes like this.
The whole road network is crumbling before our eyes. From motorways to the streets outside our houses.
Vanity projects like the Heathrow runway,, HS2 and, on a lesser scale, Brynglas need to be abandoned and the funds saved used to bring our crumbling network back up to scratch. Next we need to expand the infastructure right across the U.K. and only then should the big vanity projects receive any consideration.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

M4 upgrade on 23:09 - Mar 19 with 3967 viewsmax936

Got to go up to Horsham Thursday to view a couple of apartments with lad as he starts his job at Gatwick at the end of April and I'm trying to plan a route without having to go on that tortuous M25, wish I had an Helicopter

M4 upgrade on 23:18 - Mar 19 with 3958 viewsPrivate_Partz

M4 upgrade on 23:09 - Mar 19 by max936

Got to go up to Horsham Thursday to view a couple of apartments with lad as he starts his job at Gatwick at the end of April and I'm trying to plan a route without having to go on that tortuous M25, wish I had an Helicopter

Leave the m4 at junction 10 Max and plan your route from there. Don't head off into Reading though. ;-)
Showing my age now but that is the route I used to take when heading over the Maidstone before the M25 was built. Reigate, Seven Oaks, Guilford etc I seem to remember en route.
Even then you will hit snarl ups at peak times.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

M4 upgrade on 02:44 - Mar 20 with 3887 viewsmajorraglan

M4 upgrade on 23:18 - Mar 19 by Private_Partz

Leave the m4 at junction 10 Max and plan your route from there. Don't head off into Reading though. ;-)
Showing my age now but that is the route I used to take when heading over the Maidstone before the M25 was built. Reigate, Seven Oaks, Guilford etc I seem to remember en route.

Agree with PP. Come off at the Bracknell turn off and go across country or join the M25 at the M3 intersection. As long as you aren’t travelling at peak period you should be ok.
M4 upgrade on 07:46 - Mar 20 with 3836 viewsepaul

A329/A322 lays used to use that from J12 on M25 when coming round from Dartford to come home saves a good 25 mins

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

M4 upgrade on 13:35 - Mar 20 with 3701 viewsstevethejack

Drove back from Stansted a couple of weeks ago, leaving the airport at 4:30pm, so issues on the M25 whatsoever.
M4 upgrade on 14:39 - Mar 20 with 3657 viewsacejack3065

It'l pay for itself with all the speed cameras they'll stick on the gantrys no doubt!
Login to get fewer ads

M4 upgrade on 17:33 - Mar 20 with 3596 viewsmax936

Is this the route Partzy pick up A33 then head for Farnborough on A31 and follow to A24 into Horsham.?

I just don't like the M25 and I'd rather avoid the bastard road, the above route shouldn't be to bad hoping to leave around 4ish or earlier with any luck, left about 5ish last time we went up and got to Redhill by about half 7 that time we went off at reading down to M3 then up to M25.

M4 upgrade on 18:50 - Mar 20 with 3548 viewsFlashberryjack

M4 upgrade on 14:39 - Mar 20 by acejack3065

It'l pay for itself with all the speed cameras they'll stick on the gantrys no doubt!

Talking about making it a toll road now.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

M4 rade on 18:53 - Mar 20 with 3543 viewsPrivate_Partz

M4 upgrade on 17:33 - Mar 20 by max936

Is this the route Partzy pick up A33 then head for Farnborough on A31 and follow to A24 into Horsham.?

I just don't like the M25 and I'd rather avoid the bastard road, the above route shouldn't be to bad hoping to leave around 4ish or earlier with any luck, left about 5ish last time we went up and got to Redhill by about half 7 that time we went off at reading down to M3 then up to M25.

Sorry pal. My old memory does not stretch that far. There is some good advice above though for linking back up to the motorway after avoiding the M25. It is the Bracknell turn off though when you leave junction 10
It's a nice run and few good places for a pub lunch ;-)
[Post edited 20 Mar 2018 18:56]

M4 rade on 19:22 - Mar 20 with 3510 viewsmax936

M4 rade on 18:53 - Mar 20 by Private_Partz

Sorry pal. My old memory does not stretch that far. There is some good advice above though for linking back up to the motorway after avoiding the M25. It is the Bracknell turn off though when you leave junction 10
It's a nice run and few good places for a pub lunch ;-)
[Post edited 20 Mar 2018 18:56]

Ok PP cheers, think I'll try what I wrote above its a bit longer though, so maybe M3 and M25 it may have to be, its bad enough in daylight in dark its a fecking awfu rd.l

M4 rade on 17:47 - Mar 24 with 3326 viewsmax936

M4 rade on 19:22 - Mar 20 by max936

Ok PP cheers, think I'll try what I wrote above its a bit longer though, so maybe M3 and M25 it may have to be, its bad enough in daylight in dark its a fecking awfu rd.l

Got back from Horsham good journey in fairness considering we left at around 12.30 with a stop in Leigh Delamare piss stop that turned into a 3/4 or an hr relaxation with a Costa's Latte.
Journey up was ok except for that A281 which is horrific in darkness with not knowing the road, we left M4 at J13 on way up. joined up to M4 at J10 on way back which was no problem, except the journey to M4 those single lane roads are obviously slower and a bit laborious, but I'm sure that was better than M23 and M25

M4 rade on 17:49 - Mar 24 with 3324 viewsexiledclaseboy

M4 rade on 17:47 - Mar 24 by max936

Got back from Horsham good journey in fairness considering we left at around 12.30 with a stop in Leigh Delamare piss stop that turned into a 3/4 or an hr relaxation with a Costa's Latte.
Journey up was ok except for that A281 which is horrific in darkness with not knowing the road, we left M4 at J13 on way up. joined up to M4 at J10 on way back which was no problem, except the journey to M4 those single lane roads are obviously slower and a bit laborious, but I'm sure that was better than M23 and M25

Fascinating stuff. Well worth a bump.

Poll: Tory leader

M4 rade on 18:07 - Mar 24 with 3298 viewsmax936

M4 rade on 17:49 - Mar 24 by exiledclaseboy

Fascinating stuff. Well worth a bump.

My thoughts exactly Andrew, I thought it was in keeping with Partzy's and Epauls post so I shared my experience

You've said that you yourself that you've travelled up to Horsham, have you ever taken the train or have you always drove?

M4 rade on 18:12 - Mar 24 with 3292 viewsexiledclaseboy

M4 rade on 18:07 - Mar 24 by max936

My thoughts exactly Andrew, I thought it was in keeping with Partzy's and Epauls post so I shared my experience

You've said that you yourself that you've travelled up to Horsham, have you ever taken the train or have you always drove?

Nah I was due to drive down there a few weeks ago but the beast from the east led to the cancellation of the work thing I was due to go to. Never been there before. May go down there in May unless I can find a way out of it.

Poll: Tory leader

M4 rade on 18:21 - Mar 24 with 3280 viewsPrivate_Partz

M4 rade on 18:07 - Mar 24 by max936

Glad it all went reasonably well in the end Max. I actually forgot that doing that run in the dark is horrendous.
Should have mentioned it. :-)

M4 rade on 18:22 - Mar 24 with 3277 viewsmax936

M4 rade on 18:12 - Mar 24 by exiledclaseboy

Nah I was due to drive down there a few weeks ago but the beast from the east led to the cancellation of the work thing I was due to go to. Never been there before. May go down there in May unless I can find a way out of it.

Its a lovely town, if you do go and have a little bit of time to wonder around I'm sure you'll enjoy, stay out of Wetherspoons [near Travelodge] though its a bit of a pit and the food is crap to say the least we got there at 8ish Thursday so that was the easiest option, Crown Ally looks much better, Bill's is a lovely eatery though we went last night, not cheap at 22 quid for Ribeye but it was very nice.
Lads got a place above the Halifax in what I'd say is the square area, viewed 4 properties, but because of the sixe of the flat he opted for that one.

M4 rade on 18:27 - Mar 24 with 3272 viewsmax936

M4 rade on 18:21 - Mar 24 by Private_Partz

Glad it all went reasonably well in the end Max. I actually forgot that doing that run in the dark is horrendous.
Should have mentioned it. :-)

Mrs was a nervous wreck , not helped by a pick up truck towing a trailer with a digger on board swinging round across the road to go back in the opposite direction, in front of the car in front of us, no lights on back of trailer and driver without a care in the world, they drive like that there though curtesy and consideration for other drivers doesn't feature in their minds.

M4 upgrade on 19:22 - Mar 24 with 3247 viewsCooperman

Meanwhile in Wales - early on Friday afternoon it took 45 minutes to get from the Severn Bridge toll booths to Newport tunnels.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 19:22]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

M4 upgrade on 19:54 - Mar 24 with 3218 viewsPrivate_Partz

M4 upgrade on 19:22 - Mar 24 by Cooperman

Meanwhile in Wales - early on Friday afternoon it took 45 minutes to get from the Severn Bridge toll booths to Newport tunnels.

Bad luck. It is never that bad normally. I notice one of the tunnels is closed at the moment. The HOV twinning cannot come soon enough for me. God knows when it will finished though.

M4 upgrade on 20:07 - Mar 24 with 3207 viewsmax936

M4 upgrade on 19:22 - Mar 24 by Cooperman

Flew through today, no queuing at Tolls and straight through tunnels without a hitch.

M4 upgrade on 20:15 - Mar 24 with 3201 viewsJackfath

M4 upgrade on 20:07 - Mar 24 by max936

Flew through today, no queuing at Tolls and straight through tunnels without a hitch.

I reckon it may have been rush hour Max.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

M4 upgrade on 20:55 - Mar 24 with 3177 viewsCooperman

M4 upgrade on 19:54 - Mar 24 by Private_Partz

Bad luck. It is never that bad normally. I notice one of the tunnels is closed at the moment. The HOV twinning cannot come soon enough for me. God knows when it will finished though.

It wasn’t helped by a member of the constabulary parked up on the hard shoulder with his blue lights on. That would be ok if there was a major incident however there wasn’t; not even a broken down vehicle.

Whilst I’m on a roll... not only were his rear facing blue lights on, the forward facing ones were too. That only served to cause congestion heading in the opposite direction.

And I’ll close on this. The biggest ever waste of tax payers money are the motorway signs and the dick heads that are paid to operate them. They provide relevant information less than 10% of the time IMO.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

M4 upgrade on 10:50 - Mar 25 with 3099 viewsPrivate_Partz

M4 upgrade on 20:55 - Mar 24 by Cooperman

It wasn’t helped by a member of the constabulary parked up on the hard shoulder with his blue lights on. That would be ok if there was a major incident however there wasn’t; not even a broken down vehicle.

Whilst I’m on a roll... not only were his rear facing blue lights on, the forward facing ones were too. That only served to cause congestion heading in the opposite direction.

And I’ll close on this. The biggest ever waste of tax payers money are the motorway signs and the dick heads that are paid to operate them. They provide relevant information less than 10% of the time IMO.

Agree with that but I don't know about dickheads. They can only work with the tools they are given.
I was actually on a wind up as I get lots of pelters on here for saying the billion pound by pass is not needed and a cheaper improvement to the distributor Road and the Heads of the Valley twinning will sort a problem that is no worse then any other commuter pinch point. The Port Talbot to Llanbyfelach stretch is of a far greater priority imho.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 12:21]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024