Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hamburg 23:20 - Mar 19 with 5781 viewsFireboy2

Going on friday morning for the weekend on a lads trip

Any advice on where to go? Ive heard the reeperbahn is good/bad depending on who you speak to

We are all in our 40s so NOT really into clubbing anymore,just want a few beers and a laugh
[Post edited 20 Mar 2018 11:36]
Hamburg on 23:43 - Mar 19 with 4380 viewssP7qupUf

Went last November with a couple of mates for the winter festival. Managed to get to seeHamburg and Hoffenheim as well. Great few days with lots of excellent beer. Reeperbahn was interesting and had a Christmas market in the middle of it. Very interesting street for window shopping which is only open to males over 18!!

Found lots of interesting bars that have their own breweries attached to them which produced a variety of brews. Saint Pauli shops worth a look around. There is a big one at the top of the Reeperbahn. Like yourselves we are past clubbing and there was plenty to keep us occupied.

Hope the weather improves for yu as it was cold when we were there and, being on the North Sea, I am sure that it will be nippy so wrap up warm. One last point. On your return give yourselves plenty of time at the airport as it is pretty busy and queues build up at security and immigration.
Hamburg on 03:52 - Mar 20 with 4327 viewsLoyal

Great red light area, for a tenner you can have a w@nk out of a window.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Hamburg on 09:02 - Mar 20 with 4249 viewsPegojack

Hamburg on 03:52 - Mar 20 by Loyal

Bit cold to be having a J Arthur out of the window, isn't it?
Hamburg on 09:17 - Mar 20 with 4230 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Hamburg on 09:02 - Mar 20 by Pegojack

Bit cold to be having a J Arthur out of the window, isn't it?

At least you’re guaranteed a stiffy.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Hamburg on 10:20 - Mar 20 with 4191 viewsicecoldjack

Don't mention the war ! I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it .
Hamburg on 10:47 - Mar 20 with 4174 viewsLoyal

There was a permed picture of Kevin Keegan in one bar.
It was a show stopper.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Hamburg on 10:56 - Mar 20 with 4168 viewsMo_Wives

Yes, don't put one arm out in front of you, a finger across your top lip and start goose-stepping around the place. Apparently, they don't find it funny...can't see why, tbh.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Hamburg on 11:38 - Mar 20 with 4139 viewsFireboy2

Hamburg on 23:43 - Mar 19 by sP7qupUf

Went last November with a couple of mates for the winter festival. Managed to get to seeHamburg and Hoffenheim as well. Great few days with lots of excellent beer. Reeperbahn was interesting and had a Christmas market in the middle of it. Very interesting street for window shopping which is only open to males over 18!!

Found lots of interesting bars that have their own breweries attached to them which produced a variety of brews. Saint Pauli shops worth a look around. There is a big one at the top of the Reeperbahn. Like yourselves we are past clubbing and there was plenty to keep us occupied.

Hope the weather improves for yu as it was cold when we were there and, being on the North Sea, I am sure that it will be nippy so wrap up warm. One last point. On your return give yourselves plenty of time at the airport as it is pretty busy and queues build up at security and immigration.

Cheers for that matey

Oh yes and thanks to the rest of you lot for the advice
Login to get fewer ads

Hamburg on 13:58 - Mar 20 with 4065 viewsSoberBaker

Hamburg on 03:52 - Mar 20 by Loyal

The lucky b@stards will be ploughing some poor Latvian and splashing their muck over her face by lunchtime.

Can I come?

AMOW

Hamburg on 14:06 - Mar 20 with 4055 viewsLord_Bony

Hamburg on 10:20 - Mar 20 by icecoldjack

Don't mention the war ! I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it .

We certainly left a bit of a mess there but all forgotten now we re all friends in Europe.

Absolutely flattened the place.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Hamburg on 14:30 - Mar 20 with 4028 viewsTheResurrection

You were in your 40's ten years ago find a Mecca Bingo 😉

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Hamburg on 14:56 - Mar 20 with 4011 viewssP7qupUf

Hamburg on 11:38 - Mar 20 by Fireboy2

Cheers for that matey

Oh yes and thanks to the rest of you lot for the advice

Also, if you manage to catch a match the return train fare from a very good rail network, as well as shuttle buses to and from the station the stadium, are included in the ticket price. Very efficient.

Rail network best way of getting around. A daily ticket for up to 4 or 5 people is 11 Euros.

Sorry, forgot these points! old age.

Enjoy.
Hamburg on 16:07 - Mar 20 with 3969 viewsFireboy2

Hamburg on 14:30 - Mar 20 by TheResurrection

You were in your 40's ten years ago find a Mecca Bingo 😉

Is that aimed at me Jekyll and Hyde?
Hamburg on 16:27 - Mar 20 with 3954 viewsTheResurrection

Hamburg on 16:07 - Mar 20 by Fireboy2

Is that aimed at me Jekyll and Hyde?

Yes darling

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Hamburg on 17:04 - Mar 20 with 3927 viewsFireboy2

Hamburg on 16:27 - Mar 20 by TheResurrection

Yes darling

Dont try and be funny with me you c0ck

I know my age and i aint in the 50s

I also know your age btw

Geriatric dad
[Post edited 20 Mar 2018 17:06]
Hamburg on 21:58 - Mar 20 with 3826 viewsswan85

Hamburg on 10:56 - Mar 20 by Mo_Wives

Yes, don't put one arm out in front of you, a finger across your top lip and start goose-stepping around the place. Apparently, they don't find it funny...can't see why, tbh.

Similarly don't go around high fiving everyone, this could be frowned upon!
Hamburg on 22:19 - Mar 20 with 3804 viewsRancid

The Reeperbahn doesn't translate to 'rape is fine'.It's a very frisky place but don't rape for gods sake.
Hamburg on 22:24 - Mar 20 with 3790 viewsbuilthjack

Ask them for a Tony Woodcock

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hamburg on 22:43 - Mar 20 with 3757 viewsLoyal

Hamburg on 13:58 - Mar 20 by SoberBaker

The lucky b@stards will be ploughing some poor Latvian and splashing their muck over her face by lunchtime.

Can I come?

Girl from Oxford working there when we went.
Denzil from Lampeter spent half hour with her.
She had a face like a plasterers radio afterwards.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2018 22:44]

Hamburg on 09:59 - Mar 21 with 3607 viewsSPboy

Hamburg is a very affluent place with an interesting history. It is Germany’s second largest city. The rest of the country refer to the locals as something that translates to “moneybags”

Lots of top end shopping & good restaurants. There are lots of decent microbrewery bar-restaurants if you are prepared to do a bit of research before you go. Reeperbahn is ok if you like that sort of thing definitely worth a visit. Lots of other options if you are prepared to go off the tourist trail.

If you are the type of person who thinks the PL is the be all and end all of football for atmosphere, try going to see HSV play. They may be bottom of the league but they still get 50000 every home game and the atmosphere beats most PL grounds easily. If they are not playing St Pauli also a decent ground & atmosphere. As someone else said transport is free with a match day ticket. There is a fabulous transport system in Hamburg.

As someone else also said get to the airport with plenty of time it is not the most efficient place
Hamburg on 10:09 - Mar 21 with 3595 viewscontroversial_jack

Hamburg on 09:59 - Mar 21 by SPboy

Hamburg is a very affluent place with an interesting history. It is Germany’s second largest city. The rest of the country refer to the locals as something that translates to “moneybags”

Lots of top end shopping & good restaurants. There are lots of decent microbrewery bar-restaurants if you are prepared to do a bit of research before you go. Reeperbahn is ok if you like that sort of thing definitely worth a visit. Lots of other options if you are prepared to go off the tourist trail.

If you are the type of person who thinks the PL is the be all and end all of football for atmosphere, try going to see HSV play. They may be bottom of the league but they still get 50000 every home game and the atmosphere beats most PL grounds easily. If they are not playing St Pauli also a decent ground & atmosphere. As someone else said transport is free with a match day ticket. There is a fabulous transport system in Hamburg.

As someone else also said get to the airport with plenty of time it is not the most efficient place

Agree about German football. Went so see a Werder Bremen match a few years ago and the atmosphere and organisation knocks spots off the PL It was like a carnival inside and outside the stadium, with stalls selling sausages, burgers, fried fish and plenty of Beerstubes

Supporters were drinking in the streets and transport was included in the ticket price. No sign of police on horseback and not a hint of trouble.
Hamburg on 15:08 - Mar 21 with 3509 viewslonglostjack

Some really traditional Hamburg pubs on or in a street off the Reeperbahn are:

Die Ritze (www.zurritze.com)
Silbersack ( not sure if that's open at the moment)
Hans-Albers-Eck (www.hans-albers-eck.de)

Great atmosphere long into the early hours of the morning.

Some cocktail bars are

20up (bit pricey but very nice view over the port www.empire-riverside.de)
The Clouds
CIU (www.ciudiebar.de)

Start with a couple of cocktails maybe and then go down the Reeperbahn and into those traditional pubs.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 18:58]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Hamburg on 17:04 - Mar 21 with 3460 viewsFireboy2

Thanks so much for all your advice boys

Looks like im going away with a plan

For a change
Hamburg on 18:31 - Mar 21 with 3436 viewsAguycalledJack

Hamburg on 10:56 - Mar 20 by Mo_Wives

It’s illegal in germany
Hamburg on 20:53 - Mar 21 with 3380 viewsTheResurrection

Hamburg on 17:04 - Mar 21 by Fireboy2

Thanks so much for all your advice boys

Looks like im going away with a plan

For a change

A plan? Found some rainbow 🌈 bars online have you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024