Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea bids to host Channel 4 08:15 - Mar 20 with 8452 viewsCopperJack

Unfortunately, as we know, Cardiff has also bid and received support from the Welsh Government, so no doubt where it'll go.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/swansea-new-rival-cardiff-b

However, perfect opportunity to write to your AM and the Ken Skates to explain why Swansea should get it

Cabinet Secretary for Economy and Transport
Ken Skates: Correspondence.Ken.Skates@gov.wales

My focus will be on;

* Spreading wealth & economic recovery
* Avoiding the mistakes of England - focussing too much wealth in SE giving a lop-sided economy
* Ensuring Labour appears to treat all areas the same. No preference for the affluent
* Ties in with City Deal
* Carmarthen got S4C, Cardiff got BBC. We'd be a perfect halfway between them both.
* Welsh Government closed BBC offices in Swansea to create more wealth in Cardiff. Also went against all logic to put the MTC in Cardiff. Spent billions regenerating Cardiff, yet less than £100m on Swansea.

Please write. It'll take 5 minutes. If you don't know who your AM is, or their contact details, they can be found here: http://senedd.assembly.wales/mgFindMember.aspx

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 09:21 - Mar 21 with 5954 viewsCopperJack

Once again, in Swansea, apathy reigns.

We wonder why Cardiff gets everything...

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 09:26 - Mar 21 with 5942 viewsBanosswan

I was going to comment. Then forgot.

However, this would send a strong signal from the assembly if they backed Swansea to get a national broadcaster.

More chance of rescuing the northern white rhino tbh.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 12:06 - Mar 21 with 5888 viewsCopperJack

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 09:26 - Mar 21 by Banosswan

I was going to comment. Then forgot.

However, this would send a strong signal from the assembly if they backed Swansea to get a national broadcaster.

More chance of rescuing the northern white rhino tbh.

Completely agree, but they'll definitely ignore us if people don't message to protest...

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 12:31 - Mar 21 with 5868 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 12:06 - Mar 21 by CopperJack

Completely agree, but they'll definitely ignore us if people don't message to protest...

They'll ignore you anyway.

The only thing that will change these people is fear of losing their place at the trough. Until there's a very real chance of Labour losing power in Wales they'll carry on as they are, and no amount of protest letters or petitions will make a difference.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 12:41 - Mar 21 with 5857 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 09:21 - Mar 21 by CopperJack

Apologies CJ. I missed this one. Will get on the case.
Such a shame our local political representatives are not so keen. Far more interested in coffee mornings in the Third Sector.
The problem with this for me is our bid is extremely late. At least BBC Cardiff have not touched it until recently. Or is it just SWEP? Surely they can't be biased? ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 12:49 - Mar 21 with 5848 viewsSwanjaxs

I eagerly await Byrons response to this.....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 13:51 - Mar 21 with 5781 viewsCopperJack

I've even emailed my MP to see if they can petition the WAG to address how biased it is. I agree that we won't get it, but if we don't complain, then nothing will ever change. At the moment we're completely disregarded...what have we got to lose?

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 14:50 - Mar 21 with 5748 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 12:31 - Mar 21 by Dr_Winston

They'll ignore you anyway.

The only thing that will change these people is fear of losing their place at the trough. Until there's a very real chance of Labour losing power in Wales they'll carry on as they are, and no amount of protest letters or petitions will make a difference.

I'd shut the Welsh assembly all together, and put the trough feeding tw*ts on the dole.
Some of the sh*te they debate is cringe worthy.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 19:41 - Mar 21 with 5629 viewsAguycalledJack

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 14:50 - Mar 21 by Flashberryjack

I'd shut the Welsh assembly all together, and put the trough feeding tw*ts on the dole.

This
Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:15 - Mar 21 with 5595 viewsNeathJack

Managed to drag this out of Mike Hedges on the 3rd day of Twitter shaming his silence on the matter.

He's got previous for being completely silent on matters pertaining to Swansea v Cardiff bidding for investment etc.
Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:21 - Mar 21 with 5580 viewsAguycalledJack

Has anybody asked him what he’s done to promote the Swansea bid.

I’m not on twitter so I cant.
Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:22 - Mar 21 with 5577 viewsNeathJack

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:21 - Mar 21 by AguycalledJack

Has anybody asked him what he’s done to promote the Swansea bid.

I’m not on twitter so I cant.

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:36 - Mar 21 with 5555 viewsAguycalledJack

Well done Paul Thomas.

Poor response from hedges
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 20:39]
Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:42 - Mar 21 with 5546 viewsDr_Winston

Hedges is a total and utter waste of f*cking space.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:43 - Mar 21 with 5544 viewsNeathJack

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:42 - Mar 21 by Dr_Winston

Hedges is a total and utter waste of f*cking space.

He's a complicit stooge for Cardiff Bay imho.
Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 21:00 - Mar 21 with 5514 viewsHighjack

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 14:50 - Mar 21 by Flashberryjack

Are you suggesting that coracle licensing is not a vital subject to debate???

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 21:15 - Mar 21 with 5495 viewsBanosswan

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:22 - Mar 21 by NeathJack

Wow, what an absolute twohat. Well done Paul on proving how pathetic he is.

Surely one of his remits is canvassing public opinion?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 22:00 - Mar 21 with 5458 viewsbyron

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 12:49 - Mar 21 by Swanjaxs

I eagerly await Byrons response to this.....

It’s already a done deal. So much media already based here or moving. Central square, where the BBC and hmrc are moving, amongst others, are creating 1000’s of jobs right by central station. I wonder if this is where channel 4 will locate? Media city, as it will be known. The skyline is changing from eeek to week. I dont think there is a city in the UK like it currently.

Benny

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 22:19 - Mar 21 with 5425 viewsowainglyndwr

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 22:00 - Mar 21 by byron

It’s already a done deal. So much media already based here or moving. Central square, where the BBC and hmrc are moving, amongst others, are creating 1000’s of jobs right by central station. I wonder if this is where channel 4 will locate? Media city, as it will be known. The skyline is changing from eeek to week. I dont think there is a city in the UK like it currently.

Birmingham it will be.
Cardiff a capital made by the English and corruption by the Welsh assembly
Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 22:51 - Mar 21 with 5403 viewsPozuelosSideys

Cardiff and even moreso to an extent, Swansea, have the same issue - logistics. I highly doubt any sort of media-luvvie company will want to be based in a place which is a bit of a nightmare to get to and from.

Even the football club have admitted the logistics bring its own challenges in bringing in players.

Swansea should focus on attracting any sort of investment/business of course, but manufacturing, tourism and natural resources should be top of the list. Play to your strengths, media in wales really isnt one of them

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 06:52 - Mar 22 with 5303 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:43 - Mar 21 by NeathJack

He's a complicit stooge for Cardiff Bay imho.

He's the prime example of what I mean.

Doesn't give two shits about the people he's supposed to be serving because they'll keep re-electing him no matter how useless he is. He's basically got a job for life and doesn't have to do anything.

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 08:17 - Mar 22 with 5269 viewsCopperJack

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:22 - Mar 21 by NeathJack

Well done, Paul! Julie James is equally as useless. They're all completely complicit in this. But, we need to highlight how useless they are, how corrupt Welsh Labour is. Silence for 21 years hasn't helped. We need more of this

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:20 - Mar 22 with 5172 viewsJack59

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 09:21 - Mar 21 by CopperJack

Cardiff certainly isn't getting everything on account of the efforts of it's inhabitants, they do sod all campaigning as well.
Everything is handed to them on a plate, it's just because it's all on the doorstep of the assembly members.
We need a million man march on Cardiff, that would sort it out promptly.
Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:27 - Mar 22 with 5160 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 20:20 - Mar 22 by Jack59

Cardiff certainly isn't getting everything on account of the efforts of it's inhabitants, they do sod all campaigning as well.
Everything is handed to them on a plate, it's just because it's all on the doorstep of the assembly members.
We need a million man march on Cardiff, that would sort it out promptly.

I agree with you up until the million man march bit. Complacency reigns supreme in the population along with Welsh Labour.
Until they were saved by a wave of support from the Corbyn factor they were hanging on by the skin of their teeth.
It can still change in Cardiff Bay. The problem is there is very little alternative.
Plaid is the best bet out of a very poor bunch imho. Who knows? Given enough power they might actually stop propping up Complacent Carwyn and his cronies.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 20:32]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea bids to host Channel 4 on 10:56 - Mar 23 with 5053 viewsHighjack

Would the likes of Rachael Riley be willing to move to Swansea to work everyday? I’d be more than happy to volunteer to show her around.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024