Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF WE STAY UP 08:30 - Mar 21 with 1941 viewsSTID2017

Assuming we hold on to all the players we want to keep (Fabianski, VDH, FF, Mawson, Roberts, King, Ki, Clucas, the Ayew brothers) as well as Bony, who has to be given a full close season to get back to full fitness, then Carlos (assuming he stays) has a major rebuilding job.
I cannot see many outside the ones named above who should be in our squad come August

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

IF WE STAY UP on 08:45 - Mar 21 with 1911 viewsPegojack

I suppose there'd be a few others worth retaining as second stringers (Fer, Olsen, Naughton, Narsingh, Socks) but if we don't want to be circling the drain again next season, I think we need to sign a Premier league standard right back, left back, two big strong midfielders, and one or two attackers.
IF WE STAY UP on 08:54 - Mar 21 with 1891 viewspikeypaul

Nothing above any income from out goings will be spent.

Probably a lot lower.

And the value of our squad is rapidly depreciating and hence funds available for purchases

Have you not learnt yet what these Yank cants and Jenkins are about ?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

IF WE STAY UP on 08:57 - Mar 21 with 1879 viewsFireboy2

If people think we are going to get rid of a load and replace with better they are deluded

Levein and kaplan just want to make money for the rest of the shareholders and that will mean selling off our assets and buying bargain basement

It will be the same as the last 3 seasons,scrapping at the bottom
IF WE STAY UP on 09:04 - Mar 21 with 1861 viewsPegojack

IF WE STAY UP on 08:54 - Mar 21 by pikeypaul

Nothing above any income from out goings will be spent.

Probably a lot lower.

And the value of our squad is rapidly depreciating and hence funds available for purchases

Have you not learnt yet what these Yank cants and Jenkins are about ?

Mine was a wish list.

No doubt you are right about our lovely owners and their back stabbing yes man.
IF WE STAY UP on 09:07 - Mar 21 with 1851 viewskarnataka

IF WE STAY UP on 08:57 - Mar 21 by Fireboy2

If people think we are going to get rid of a load and replace with better they are deluded

Levein and kaplan just want to make money for the rest of the shareholders and that will mean selling off our assets and buying bargain basement

I'll be gobsmacked (and delighted) if the powers that be don't cash in on Mawson in the summer when his stock will be pretty high.
IF WE STAY UP on 09:08 - Mar 21 with 1854 viewsmagicdaps10

If we stay up, all the happiness, hope and pleasure will be killed by Huw and co over the summer months.

It seems that Bargain basement is our forward thinking plan, hope that we get a few gems in that basement. The trouble is, to finda gem, our scouting network has to be ahead of the game..........and!!!!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

IF WE STAY UP on 09:19 - Mar 21 with 1830 viewspikeypaul

IF WE STAY UP on 09:08 - Mar 21 by magicdaps10

If we stay up, all the happiness, hope and pleasure will be killed by Huw and co over the summer months.

It seems that Bargain basement is our forward thinking plan, hope that we get a few gems in that basement. The trouble is, to finda gem, our scouting network has to be ahead of the game..........and!!!!!!

Do not forget we have the experience of the creep Jenkins at head of recruitment who once played in goal for Ragged School 3rd team to rely on.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

IF WE STAY UP on 09:20 - Mar 21 with 1828 viewsmonmouth

IF WE STAY UP on 09:07 - Mar 21 by karnataka

I'll be gobsmacked (and delighted) if the powers that be don't cash in on Mawson in the summer when his stock will be pretty high.

Mawson is as good as Stones. If we could just get a Man City interest...

Thinking of the other thread though, the thing that will be the potential killer - and I mean killer - for us is wages/turnover. We simply have to reduce that ridiculous wage bill. Selling Mawson gives a bit of breathing space but doesn’t address that. Buying low (including wages) and getting shot of poor value high earners is the only option. Sending Abraham and Sanches back to obscurity should help, but anyone expecting a big name sprurge is deluded, thank God. That way lies Sunderland.

We have to build a TEAM again, motivated by hunger to prove themselves. A team of Mawson types in fact. Easier said than done.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

IF WE STAY UP on 09:22 - Mar 21 with 1818 viewsmagicdaps10

One of the first things i would do is look to get rid of Bony.

IF WE STAY UP on 09:27 - Mar 21 with 1795 viewsLeonWasGod

IF WE STAY UP on 08:45 - Mar 21 by Pegojack

I suppose there'd be a few others worth retaining as second stringers (Fer, Olsen, Naughton, Narsingh, Socks) but if we don't want to be circling the drain again next season, I think we need to sign a Premier league standard right back, left back, two big strong midfielders, and one or two attackers.

If anyone thinks we'll be retaining players like Fer, Olsson and Naughton only as backup they're going to be disappointed.

I predict a statement along the lines of 'the second half of the season has shown we've got a good squad, that with just one or two additions in certain areas we believe can be competitive for the coming season'. There'll be some guff about balancing the books too to justify the sale of Mawson and recruitment of some unknown for £3-5m.
IF WE STAY UP on 09:43 - Mar 21 with 1765 viewsSTID2017

IF WE STAY UP on 08:57 - Mar 21 by Fireboy2

On the OP I stated that in my opinion only those I named should be in the squad.
In reality I fear that Mawson will go, many of the others will stay, to be joined by a few bargain basement type purchases

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

IF WE STAY UP on 09:50 - Mar 21 with 1751 viewsjoshdon10

if we stay up let’s just hope that the owners realise that relegation will only make them lose money. Then sell up this year to some billionaire who is willing to spend the cash when needed. But that’s in a ideal world. If we stay up we will sell our best players try and make a profit and fight relegation again. But that’s the case for every team apart from the big 6 and Everton.
IF WE STAY UP on 10:02 - Mar 21 with 1732 viewsmagicdaps10

I think we all know the pattern the club is working too. Its what goes on during those summer months that will kill us.

The club certainly need to be proactive in its process before and during selling off their crown jewels.

IF WE STAY UP on 11:15 - Mar 21 with 1645 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Ki will most probably not be here.
IF WE STAY UP on 14:12 - Mar 21 with 1508 viewsFlashberryjack

IF WE STAY UP on 09:08 - Mar 21 by magicdaps10

There's nothing wrong with bargain basement shopping, as long as your recruitment team are capable of spotting a rough diamond.

What will eventually do for us is having a recruitment team/person that thinks spunking vasts amount of money players such as Baston, Clucas (to name but a few).

If we survive this year, I expect us to sell Mawson in the close season, and spend half the money on utter tripe.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

IF WE STAY UP on 14:14 - Mar 21 with 1505 viewsmagicdaps10

IF WE STAY UP on 14:12 - Mar 21 by Flashberryjack

There's nothing wrong with bargain basement shopping, as long as your recruitment team are capable of spotting a rough diamond.

What will eventually do for us is having a recruitment team/person that thinks spunking vasts amount of money players such as Baston, Clucas (to name but a few).

If we survive this year, I expect us to sell Mawson in the close season, and spend half the money on utter tripe.

There is much chance us picking up a gem in the bargain basement as us picking up a gem in our 10M plus category. Either way at present we are picking up more donkeys, bad luck or just poor scouting?

You decide.

IF WE STAY UP on 14:23 - Mar 21 with 1483 viewsFlashberryjack

IF WE STAY UP on 14:14 - Mar 21 by magicdaps10

There is much chance us picking up a gem in the bargain basement as us picking up a gem in our 10M plus category. Either way at present we are picking up more donkeys, bad luck or just poor scouting?

You decide.

"Bad luck or poor scouting ?"

Both...with a mixture of agents greasing the transfer wheels, who the f*ck would pay £17 Million for Clucas, if there wasn't a bit of greasing done.

Hello

IF WE STAY UP on 16:08 - Mar 21 with 1383 viewsnyc_swans

Club needs a major makeover. Last couple years so many have said "it's a decent squad, just need good coaching, etc"

There's some truth to that, but this is also a group of players that has been flirting with relegation for 3 years running. If the aim is merely staying up, then sure, add 2-3 players and sell it that Carlos got a lot out of the players. But the aim should be comfortably mid table. Don't need to spend a lot of money, per se, just need a good amount of new blood.
IF WE STAY UP on 16:56 - Mar 21 with 1338 viewscostalotta

IF WE STAY UP on 14:12 - Mar 21 by Flashberryjack

Why cannot we sell off Mesa, Baston and whoever else is out on loan. It’s 42m worth (apparently) right there.

We should not be looking to sell Mawson unless he’s in and performing well in the England squad this summer. If that happens he will be worth more than 50m IMO.

Let’s just wait and see how it pans out though.
IF WE STAY UP on 17:48 - Mar 21 with 1263 viewsFlashberryjack

IF WE STAY UP on 16:56 - Mar 21 by costalotta

Why cannot we sell off Mesa, Baston and whoever else is out on loan. It’s 42m worth (apparently) right there.

We should not be looking to sell Mawson unless he’s in and performing well in the England squad this summer. If that happens he will be worth more than 50m IMO.

Let’s just wait and see how it pans out though.

"Why cannot we sell off Mesa, Baston and whoever else is out on loan. It’s 42m worth (apparently) right there"

Both are struggling to make the starting line up for their respective teams ........we certainly would be very lucky to get a 1/4 of what we paid for them, even if there were a club with a scouting department as inept as ours.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024