Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election 12:32 - Mar 21 with 2380 viewsLohengrin

I’ve just been offered a vote by email. This has happened a few times now in Labour’s various internal elections.

I’m tempted to put you forward by way of reply.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 16:50 - Apr 3 with 2288 viewsacejack3065

Apologies I've been on holiday and the international break and us not winning hasn't motivated me to tune in sorry.

Are you actually going to vote. Tbh I'm not fussed who wins but I think I'd prefer Carolyn. She's always been lovely when I've met her.
FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:20 - Apr 3 with 2262 viewsLohengrin

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 16:50 - Apr 3 by acejack3065

Apologies I've been on holiday and the international break and us not winning hasn't motivated me to tune in sorry.

Are you actually going to vote. Tbh I'm not fussed who wins but I think I'd prefer Carolyn. She's always been lovely when I've met her.

No, son. My hypocrisy only extends so far.

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:27 - Apr 3 with 2258 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 16:50 - Apr 3 by acejack3065

Is she a centrist candidate?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:38 - Apr 3 with 2249 viewsquiff

Both are pretty good candidates on the broad Left.

The main difference is Julie is pushing one member one vote whilst Carolyn is backing the status quo/ block vote.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:40 - Apr 3 with 2243 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:38 - Apr 3 by quiff

Both are pretty good candidates on the broad Left.

The main difference is Julie is pushing one member one vote whilst Carolyn is backing the status quo/ block vote.

Cheers bud, haven't really been following it. Excuse my ignorance.

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:44 - Apr 3 with 2235 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Pictured is a lovely looking betting terminal at Castle Bingo in Morriston, which was recently refurbished and reopened by Carolyn Harris, Chair of The Fixed Odds Betting Terminals (FOBT) All Party Parliamentary Group.

You can now also play Slots and other games on a tablet at your seat whilst you're playing some innocent games of bingo according to their website.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:47 - Apr 3 with 2230 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:44 - Apr 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Pictured is a lovely looking betting terminal at Castle Bingo in Morriston, which was recently refurbished and reopened by Carolyn Harris, Chair of The Fixed Odds Betting Terminals (FOBT) All Party Parliamentary Group.

You can now also play Slots and other games on a tablet at your seat whilst you're playing some innocent games of bingo according to their website.

What’s the maximum stake on the machines in bingo halls, Dwight?

Poll: Tory leader

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:53 - Apr 3 with 2220 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:47 - Apr 3 by exiledclaseboy

I have absolutely no idea as I have never visited and have never used such a machine. I am not suggesting they are fixed odds betting terminals, such as the ones Carolyn has done a tremendous job campaigning against.

I do however think they are a gateway to developing gambling addictions and it was very poor to associate herself with such a place.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:56 - Apr 3 with 2216 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:47 - Apr 3 by exiledclaseboy

Is she the one pushing for a much lower limit Clase?

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 19:05 - Apr 3 with 2193 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:53 - Apr 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I have absolutely no idea as I have never visited and have never used such a machine. I am not suggesting they are fixed odds betting terminals, such as the ones Carolyn has done a tremendous job campaigning against.

I do however think they are a gateway to developing gambling addictions and it was very poor to associate herself with such a place.

Thought not. Thanks for comfiirming that you’re not comparing like for like. There’s a world of difference between the fixed odds machines that Harris has been campaigning against (alongside many others) and that the government is now consulting on regulating more tightly and the kind of machines you find in bingo halls. Any kind of gambling can be a gateway to addiction so unless you’re advocating banning all gambling this is just a misguided effort at discrediting an MP you don’t like.

Poll: Tory leader

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 19:22 - Apr 3 with 2182 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 19:05 - Apr 3 by exiledclaseboy

Thought not. Thanks for comfiirming that you’re not comparing like for like. There’s a world of difference between the fixed odds machines that Harris has been campaigning against (alongside many others) and that the government is now consulting on regulating more tightly and the kind of machines you find in bingo halls. Any kind of gambling can be a gateway to addiction so unless you’re advocating banning all gambling this is just a misguided effort at discrediting an MP you don’t like.

That is fantastic to hear, I am glad her efforts are having some success.

I do still think it was very strange to associate herself with a gambling facility whilst campaigning so publicly against a FOBTs.

I would compare it to seeing an MP opening a new McDonalds restaurant whilst simultaneously campaigning against childhood obesity.

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 19:36 - Apr 3 with 2172 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 19:22 - Apr 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That is fantastic to hear, I am glad her efforts are having some success.

I do still think it was very strange to associate herself with a gambling facility whilst campaigning so publicly against a FOBTs.

I would compare it to seeing an MP opening a new McDonalds restaurant whilst simultaneously campaigning against childhood obesity.

The comparison that is more accurate is opening a new Japanese fast food restaurant while campaigning against childhood obesity.

It's acknowledging that people are still going to eat fast food, but providing a better alternative than the existing product.
FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 20:59 - Apr 3 with 2142 viewsacejack3065

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 17:27 - Apr 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Is she a centrist candidate?

No
FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 21:09 - Apr 3 with 2132 viewsLohengrin

Wasn’t there some sort of financial shenanigans at the Joshua Foundation during her time there, Ace? I’m not suggesting she had been up to no good personally but I can remember a big fuss on the news at the time.

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 21:13 - Apr 3 with 2125 viewsacejack3065

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 21:09 - Apr 3 by Lohengrin

Wasn’t there some sort of financial shenanigans at the Joshua Foundation during her time there, Ace? I’m not suggesting she had been up to no good personally but I can remember a big fuss on the news at the time.

No idea. I know her caseworker accused her of homophobic bullying after she was sacked for financial irregularities and what
FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 21:16 - Apr 3 with 2114 viewsLohengrin

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 21:13 - Apr 3 by acejack3065

No idea. I know her caseworker accused her of homophobic bullying after she was sacked for financial irregularities and what

Never a dull moment in Swansea East, is there?

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 23:14 - Apr 3 with 2094 viewsacejack3065

FAO Acejack - Welsh Labour deputy leadership election on 21:16 - Apr 3 by Lohengrin

Never a dull moment in Swansea East, is there?

They are a bunch of animals mun
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024