Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NHS Pay Rises 19:36 - Mar 21 with 8152 viewsCooperman

About time! If the unions secure the deal then 100,000 staff will instantly earn more than the living wage. This can only work wonders for staff morale and retention as well as attracting new blood into a job sector that is losing employees hand over fist. The rises don’t go right to the top; I hope that there are some tough performance related pay targets for higher NHS management.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

NHS Pay Rises on 19:40 - Mar 21 with 6153 viewsAguycalledJack

Pay rise is great, but isn’t it the case that to get the pay rise the staff are then losing holiday days?
NHS Pay Rises on 19:45 - Mar 21 with 6141 viewsCooperman

NHS Pay Rises on 19:40 - Mar 21 by AguycalledJack

Pay rise is great, but isn’t it the case that to get the pay rise the staff are then losing holiday days?

I haven’t seen that quoted anywhere.

NHS Pay Rises on 19:57 - Mar 21 with 6115 viewsJackfath

Do the proposed rises in pay apply to those who work for the NHS in Wales?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

NHS Pay Rises on 20:04 - Mar 21 with 6106 viewsCooperman

NHS Pay Rises on 19:57 - Mar 21 by Jackfath

Do the proposed rises in pay apply to those who work for the NHS in Wales?

NHS England rises are subject to unions securing the vote with member.

The Health Secretary for Wales has committed to secure the same deal for NHS Wales workers.

NHS Pay Rises on 20:14 - Mar 21 with 6088 viewsAguycalledJack

NHS Pay Rises on 19:45 - Mar 21 by Cooperman

I haven’t seen that quoted anywhere.

Think they have to forgo 1 days holiday to secure it.
NHS Pay Rises on 20:21 - Mar 21 with 6072 viewsJackfath

Hopefully all other public sector workers will be treated similarly in the near future. Goodness knows they all deserve it after years of austerity.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

NHS Pay Rises on 20:40 - Mar 21 with 6050 viewsCountyJim

NHS Pay Rises on 20:14 - Mar 21 by AguycalledJack

Think they have to forgo 1 days holiday to secure it.

That's been dropped after unions said they would start the process of industrial action
NHS Pay Rises on 20:41 - Mar 21 with 6045 viewsNeathJack

NHS Pay Rises on 20:21 - Mar 21 by Jackfath

Hopefully all other public sector workers will be treated similarly in the near future. Goodness knows they all deserve it after years of austerity.

Local council workers are getting 2%. Another real terms pay cut.
Login to get fewer ads

NHS Pay Rises on 21:17 - Mar 21 with 6012 viewsBanosswan

Ir35 still ruining locums though.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 21:26]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

NHS Pay Rises on 21:36 - Mar 21 with 5994 viewsjack_lord

NHS Pay Rises on 20:21 - Mar 21 by Jackfath

While I agree, please expand it to the private sector workers who have suffered, sometimes far more more.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

NHS Pay Rises on 07:37 - Mar 22 with 5914 viewsCooperman

NHS Pay Rises on 21:36 - Mar 21 by jack_lord

While I agree, please expand it to the private sector workers who have suffered, sometimes far more more.

I am private sector but I certainly don’t begrudge NHS workers this rise.

I’m in agreement with Fathy that this needs to increase in scope to other public sector areas however NHS was top of the priority list IMO.

NHS Pay Rises on 09:35 - Mar 22 with 5866 viewswestwalesed

NHS Pay Rises on 07:37 - Mar 22 by Cooperman

I’m in agreement with Fathy that this needs to increase in scope to other public sector areas however NHS was top of the priority list IMO.

And at a time when the economy has for a number of years showed sustained, albeit slow growth. I sometimes think people forget how close the country was to having its banking sector collapse and I just hope that people remember that short-termism in terms of the economy hurts the poorest most in the long run. On a side note its disgraceful that the GMB are recommending to members that they reject the deal. Clearly for political reasons. To give the lowest paid up to 29% is astonishing and should be rightly applauded. Welsh Government getting £210million in extra funding from Westminster to do the same in Wales.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

NHS Pay Rises on 12:14 - Mar 22 with 5818 viewsEbo

What they fail to highlight is that the pay rise will happen over 3 years at 2% a year.

Current inflation is 3% a year meaning the NHS workers will yet again get another fixed rate sub-inflation pay rise.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

NHS Pay Rises on 12:25 - Mar 22 with 5808 viewsLohengrin

NHS Pay Rises on 12:14 - Mar 22 by Ebo

What they fail to highlight is that the pay rise will happen over 3 years at 2% a year.

Current inflation is 3% a year meaning the NHS workers will yet again get another fixed rate sub-inflation pay rise.

Notice the timing of the announcement too? The local elections are just around the corner, it gives the Conservatives a month to get their leaflets printed and delivered. ‘Look what we’ve done!’

I’m off on the sick. I just spend all day, every day shouting ‘wa**kers!’ at the wireless.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

NHS Pay Rises on 14:26 - Mar 22 with 5762 viewsEbo

NHS Pay Rises on 12:25 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

Notice the timing of the announcement too? The local elections are just around the corner, it gives the Conservatives a month to get their leaflets printed and delivered. ‘Look what we’ve done!’

I’m off on the sick. I just spend all day, every day shouting ‘wa**kers!’ at the wireless.

I was just about to add that Loh and you know what? Once this is done (the elections) it will be business as usual.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

NHS Pay Rises on 16:57 - Mar 22 with 5724 viewsPrivate_Partz

NHS Pay Rises on 09:35 - Mar 22 by westwalesed

And at a time when the economy has for a number of years showed sustained, albeit slow growth. I sometimes think people forget how close the country was to having its banking sector collapse and I just hope that people remember that short-termism in terms of the economy hurts the poorest most in the long run. On a side note its disgraceful that the GMB are recommending to members that they reject the deal. Clearly for political reasons. To give the lowest paid up to 29% is astonishing and should be rightly applauded. Welsh Government getting £210million in extra funding from Westminster to do the same in Wales.

Wow that post is straight out of Tory HQ. ;-)
So you think that the Country is now in such a fine state as a result of austerity that the Tories can start investing in the Public Sector? Notwithstanding Brexit is round the corner with 10s of billions being stashed aside to offset the effect of that.?
IMHO it is far more likely that May is on the run and desperately trying to embrace the Labour Party manifesto in a vain hope to hang on to power.
Long may it continue. Shows HM Opposition is doing a fine job.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

NHS Pay Rises on 16:59 - Mar 22 with 5722 viewsJack_Meoff

NHS Pay Rises on 12:25 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

It sounds like you have a nasty bout of Toryettes. I am also an long term sufferer.

The bad news is that there is no cure, but the good news is that after a few beers you shout even louder and care even less about doing so...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

NHS Pay Rises on 19:07 - Mar 22 with 5672 viewsjack_lord

What I said was include private sector workers in the push for getting a pay rise too.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

NHS Pay Rises on 19:15 - Mar 22 with 5667 viewstrampie

NHS Pay Rises on 19:07 - Mar 22 by jack_lord

What I said was include private sector workers in the push for getting a pay rise too.

Are you suggesting everybody gets a pay rise then ?

Squeeze the rich till the pips squeak and redistribute wealth, all the wealth is in the hands of the top few when the many have Porthcawl.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

NHS Pay Rises on 19:22 - Mar 22 with 5655 viewstrampie

Wealth needs to be redistributed, successful companies and certain groups of individuals need to pay a lot more tax.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

NHS Pay Rises on 19:33 - Mar 22 with 5636 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

NHS Pay Rises on 19:22 - Mar 22 by trampie

Wealth needs to be redistributed, successful companies and certain groups of individuals need to pay a lot more tax.

Always good to get the under 10s involved. There was a bloke on Radio 5 recently saying his kids were so upset about Bexit they would not go to school.
Pleased that my dad read children's bedtime stories to me when I was 3 rather than explain the consequences of nuclear war.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

NHS Pay Rises on 19:39 - Mar 22 with 5622 viewstrampie

NHS Pay Rises on 19:33 - Mar 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

Always good to get the under 10s involved. There was a bloke on Radio 5 recently saying his kids were so upset about Bexit they would not go to school.
Pleased that my dad read children's bedtime stories to me when I was 3 rather than explain the consequences of nuclear war.

Teachers learnt that trick years ago, go/threaten to go on strike and deprive young children of an education, some say its a way of blackmailing the Government and society.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 19:40]

NHS Pay Rises on 19:48 - Mar 22 with 5606 viewslondonlisa2001

NHS Pay Rises on 19:22 - Mar 22 by trampie

If that's Dulwich, any redistribution of wealth will end up hitting their parents.

Tell me Trampie, which do you think more important:

- the headline tax rate
- the tax actually collected
NHS Pay Rises on 19:49 - Mar 22 with 5605 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

NHS Pay Rises on 19:39 - Mar 22 by trampie

Teachers learnt that trick years ago, go/threaten to go on strike and deprive young children of an education, some say its a way of blackmailing the Government and society.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 19:40]

I'm concerned about anyone who involves young children in political action.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

NHS Pay Rises on 19:51 - Mar 22 with 5603 viewslondonlisa2001

NHS Pay Rises on 19:49 - Mar 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'm concerned about anyone who involves young children in political action.

Absolutely agree.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024