Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gower Golf Club 08:29 - Mar 22 with 2324 views34dfgdf54

Anyone on here a member, been invited down to have a few rounds and a p*ss up, course any good?
Gower Golf Club on 08:55 - Mar 22 with 2299 viewsWxmJax

Haven't played there for a few years. It's ok, nothing special but the only course on Gower I like is Pennard now that Ashleigh Road has been vandalised. It can get a little wet down the bottom. Friendly enough though. Bedrooms on site so you don't have to go anywhere else. Windy , twisty roads to reach it if you're leaving M4 near Gowerton.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Gower Golf Club on 08:55 - Mar 22 with 2299 viewsCooperman

I’ve never been a member but have played it many times.

Part of the course is on the crest of the hilltop so it blows a bit even on a calm day. There’s also a section that heads down part of a valley, it is very picturesque and creates some challenging tee shots. Never had a bad meal there either. One of the better courses and facilities in the area IMO.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Gower Golf Club on 09:00 - Mar 22 with 2290 views34dfgdf54

Cheers both.

It was either that or Machynys, too early in the season to be giving links a go though, have to take 200 balls.
Gower Golf Club on 09:24 - Mar 22 with 2270 viewsCooperman

Gower Golf Club on 09:00 - Mar 22 by 34dfgdf54

Cheers both.

It was either that or Machynys, too early in the season to be giving links a go though, have to take 200 balls.

Be sure to try Machynys at some point though, it’s excellent.

Just be sure to pick a calm(ish) day.

Gower Golf Club on 10:52 - Mar 22 with 2217 viewswaynekerr55

Gower Golf Club on 08:55 - Mar 22 by Cooperman

I’ve never been a member but have played it many times.

Part of the course is on the crest of the hilltop so it blows a bit even on a calm day. There’s also a section that heads down part of a valley, it is very picturesque and creates some challenging tee shots. Never had a bad meal there either. One of the better courses and facilities in the area IMO.

The par 3 5th isn't it? Always blowing a gale and always a head wind.

The par 5 10th is a pain. You hit a ripper of a drive and land in one of the ditches

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Gower Golf Club on 11:19 - Mar 22 with 2191 viewsCooperman

Gower Golf Club on 10:52 - Mar 22 by waynekerr55

The par 5 10th is a pain. You hit a ripper of a drive and land in one of the ditches

Yes I think you’re right. 2nd and 3rd are usually downwind and then you turn back 180 degrees into a gale off of the Atlantic.

Here’s a flyover clip showing general layout.

Gower Golf Club on 20:18 - Mar 22 with 2066 viewsbonymine

Gower Golf Club on 10:52 - Mar 22 by waynekerr55

That 10th hole has been my bogey hole for years Wayne as a Member for a couple of years and many other times on Society Days, as you say the fairway is split into 3 sections with the ditches and trees as well I’m going into a cold sweat just thinking about it now !!

Last time I played it though I said to my mate tongue in cheek on the tee ‘I’m going to tame the BEAST today’ and duly played 3 consecutive 6 irons from tee to green (666 😉😂) ....and holed my birdie putt !!

Next time I play there I’ll probably hit a double Bogey again as usual 😂😂

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Gower Golf Club on 21:47 - Mar 22 with 2013 viewsmax936

Best course and a challenging one at that round these parts believe it not is Glynneath, l played there for yrs my mate Gav is still the semi pro there l believe, l haven’t picked a proper golf club up for over 30 yrs though.
My mate and Owainglyndawrs and Jbg’s mate got wed down gower golf club a couple 3 yrs back, l couldn’t go but heard it was a good day, no idea what the course is like though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Gower Golf Club on 21:53 - Mar 22 with 1996 viewsDarran

Gower Golf Club on 21:47 - Mar 22 by max936

Best course and a challenging one at that round these parts believe it not is Glynneath, l played there for yrs my mate Gav is still the semi pro there l believe, l haven’t picked a proper golf club up for over 30 yrs though.
My mate and Owainglyndawrs and Jbg’s mate got wed down gower golf club a couple 3 yrs back, l couldn’t go but heard it was a good day, no idea what the course is like though.

Thanks Max,Risca will be chuffed to bits with that reply.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gower Golf Club on 22:08 - Mar 22 with 1969 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I’m a member down there , lots of hard work done last year , a new pro down there working hard and the owner finally pulling his finger out . Reduced fees this year as well + an introductory rate .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Gower Golf Club on 06:18 - Mar 23 with 1901 viewswaynekerr55

Gower Golf Club on 20:18 - Mar 22 by bonymine

That 10th hole has been my bogey hole for years Wayne as a Member for a couple of years and many other times on Society Days, as you say the fairway is split into 3 sections with the ditches and trees as well I’m going into a cold sweat just thinking about it now !!

Last time I played it though I said to my mate tongue in cheek on the tee ‘I’m going to tame the BEAST today’ and duly played 3 consecutive 6 irons from tee to green (666 😉😂) ....and holed my birdie putt !!

Next time I play there I’ll probably hit a double Bogey again as usual 😂😂

😂😂😂

Out of interest what did you tee off with at the first?

Gower Golf Club on 06:19 - Mar 23 with 1900 viewswaynekerr55

Gower Golf Club on 22:08 - Mar 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

I’m a member down there , lots of hard work done last year , a new pro down there working hard and the owner finally pulling his finger out . Reduced fees this year as well + an introductory rate .

Is it Adrian that owns the place? Used to be a member when I was in school.

Gower Golf Club on 07:12 - Mar 23 with 1876 viewsbonymine

Gower Golf Club on 06:18 - Mar 23 by waynekerr55

😂😂😂

Out of interest what did you tee off with at the first?

Usually go driver or 3 wood on the 1st but as an 18+ handicapper anything can happen from there on 😂👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Gower Golf Club on 07:21 - Mar 23 with 1870 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Gower Golf Club on 06:19 - Mar 23 by waynekerr55

Is it Adrian that owns the place? Used to be a member when I was in school.

Yeah he’s still there , a load of players left over the last couple of years , club was going in the wrong direction but I think it’s turned s corner , still a lot of hard work to do .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:40 - Mar 23 with 1773 viewswaynekerr55

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:23 - Mar 23 with 1756 viewswaynekerr55

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024