Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
De la Rue 15:28 - Mar 22 with 6267 viewsNogginthenog

Nice of the government to give the tender for a new British passport to the French. The spirit of our EU partnership obviously overrides the importance of securing British jobs.
Well done Teresa.
De la Rue on 15:33 - Mar 22 with 3989 viewsswanforthemoney

Ironic that a firm called De La Rue should be complaining that the work's going to the French.

I stand in the North Stand

De la Rue on 16:35 - Mar 22 with 3920 viewsJackfath

De la Rue on 15:33 - Mar 22 by swanforthemoney

Ironic that a firm called De La Rue should be complaining that the work's going to the French.

Why is it ironic?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

De la Rue on 17:18 - Mar 22 with 3861 viewsnantywatcher

The French company tendered tens of millions less than the British tender - your logic escapes me, are you are saying we should have given it to one of the old school network. Typical McDonnell logic - talk about jobs for the boys!!
Well done Teresa indeed!!
De la Rue on 17:19 - Mar 22 with 3859 viewspikeypaul

For one it has not been decided who gets the contract yet and for two under EU law they can not stop
the European tender and descriminate against it.

Once we are out of the EU and not governed by their laws we will be able to control who gets the contract.

But he do not let the facts get in the way of the remoaner losers getting excited like little children at Christmas.

372 AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

De la Rue on 17:22 - Mar 22 with 3852 viewsLeonWasGod

Anyone who thought that the Brexit shake up was going to impact on globalisation is in for a nasty surprise. The public sector will continue to outsource to the cheapest supplier and companies will continue to sell out to foreign owners. As long as people can make their personal fortunes or government departments can opt for the cheapest tender irrespective of value for money, nothing will change. British interests are very much secondary, with statements like 'British jobs for British workers' and 'make Britain great again' empty platitudes aimed at gullible voters. All sides are as bad as each other as demonstrated by the two examples above.
De la Rue on 18:11 - Mar 22 with 3804 viewslondonlisa2001

De la Rue on 17:19 - Mar 22 by pikeypaul

For one it has not been decided who gets the contract yet and for two under EU law they can not stop

Once we are out of the EU and not governed by their laws we will be able to control who gets the contract.

But he do not let the facts get in the way of the remoaner losers getting excited like little children at Christmas.

372 AFLI

The contract has been confirmed and both the French and German governments limit their passport contracts to national firms as we were perfectly entitled to do if we so wished. We didn't need to put it out to non UK companies - we chose to do so.

Seeing as you're so interested in facts.
De la Rue on 18:19 - Mar 22 with 3786 viewsBatterseajack

De la Rue on 17:19 - Mar 22 by pikeypaul

372 AFLI

They already had a contract in place with del la rue, so did they have to go to tender for a blue passport? They could also choose which firms join the tender process. Not sure you can blame this squarely on the EU
De la Rue on 18:22 - Mar 22 with 3776 viewslondonlisa2001

De la Rue on 18:19 - Mar 22 by Batterseajack

They already had a contract in place with del la rue, so did they have to go to tender for a blue passport? They could also choose which firms join the tender process. Not sure you can blame this squarely on the EU

You can't blame it even remotely on the EU. It's nothing to do with the EU.
Login to get fewer ads

De la Rue on 18:25 - Mar 22 with 3771 viewsHumpty

De la Rue on 18:11 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

The contract has been confirmed and both the French and German governments limit their passport contracts to national firms as we were perfectly entitled to do if we so wished. We didn't need to put it out to non UK companies - we chose to do so.

The EU seems to get the blame for lots of things the government chooses to do doesn't it?

Immigration and tariffs on Chinese steel spring to mind. And now this.
De la Rue on 18:26 - Mar 22 with 3769 viewslondonlisa2001

De la Rue on 18:25 - Mar 22 by Humpty

The EU seems to get the blame for lots of things the government chooses to do doesn't it?

Immigration and tariffs on Chinese steel spring to mind. And now this.

Only from idiots.
De la Rue on 18:29 - Mar 22 with 3761 viewsNogginthenog

I fully appreciate the need to save public money, but on the other side of the coin it flies in the face of British jobs for British workers. The government claims it is playing by the rules but I doubt our European colleagues would play the same game. The ceo of the company has asked Amber Rudd and Teresa May to meet with the workers, I wonder if they will accept the offer.
De la Rue on 18:35 - Mar 22 with 3753 viewsBatterseajack

De la Rue on 18:22 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

Just been reading up on it now, same tendering rules apply under WTO which we’re oh so fond of reverting to
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 18:36]
De la Rue on 18:37 - Mar 22 with 3742 viewsKilkennyjack

De la Rue on 18:11 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

Lisa wins again 🏆

Beware of the Risen People

De la Rue on 18:41 - Mar 22 with 3734 viewslondonlisa2001

De la Rue on 18:29 - Mar 22 by Nogginthenog

I fully appreciate the need to save public money, but on the other side of the coin it flies in the face of British jobs for British workers. The government claims it is playing by the rules but I doubt our European colleagues would play the same game. The ceo of the company has asked Amber Rudd and Teresa May to meet with the workers, I wonder if they will accept the offer.

I wouldn't if I were them.

What on earth for?

This is nonsense. As I've said on another thread, this firm produces passports for 40 other countries without moaning that those passports should be done by their own companies. They've been caught out because they assumed the government wouldn't dare award the contract overseas, and were greedy. The French company undercut them by £17m.

Now they're moaning that it's unfair. No. What would have been unfair is for British taxpayers to be ripped off so the senior management and shareholders of this business could make an abnormal profit on this contract. Why on earth should that happen.
De la Rue on 18:48 - Mar 22 with 3715 viewsNogginthenog

De la Rue on 18:41 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

I wouldn't if I were them.

What on earth for?

This is nonsense. As I've said on another thread, this firm produces passports for 40 other countries without moaning that those passports should be done by their own companies. They've been caught out because they assumed the government wouldn't dare award the contract overseas, and were greedy. The French company undercut them by £17m.

Now they're moaning that it's unfair. No. What would have been unfair is for British taxpayers to be ripped off so the senior management and shareholders of this business could make an abnormal profit on this contract. Why on earth should that happen.

Where's the other thread?
De la Rue on 19:01 - Mar 22 with 3684 viewsHumpty

De la Rue on 18:48 - Mar 22 by Nogginthenog

Where's the other thread?

The countdown one.
De la Rue on 19:22 - Mar 22 with 3647 viewsKerouac

Why remainers are rejoicing at this news I don't know.
It's almost irrelevant.

As a Brexiteer I can tell you that I don't give a f*ck what colour the passport is or where it is made.

I'm for trading with the rest of the world FFS.
I'm pro competition and anti protectionism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

De la Rue on 19:27 - Mar 22 with 3634 viewstrampie

De la Rue on 19:22 - Mar 22 by Kerouac

It's almost irrelevant.

As a Brexiteer I can tell you that I don't give a f*ck what colour the passport is or where it is made.

Pro competition you say, if so does that mean that you think that council houses should have been put up for sale to the highest bidder then and not just offered to tenants at huge discounts ?
My family could have bought your families council house and rented it back to your lot if they wanted to stay.......

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

De la Rue on 19:33 - Mar 22 with 3619 viewsNeath_Jack

De la Rue on 18:37 - Mar 22 by Kilkennyjack

Lisa wins again 🏆

The greatest poster this forum has ever seen.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

De la Rue on 19:34 - Mar 22 with 3618 viewslondonlisa2001

It's almost irrelevant.

Haven't seen any rejoicing.

I assume you won't mind a reduction in your own working standards and pay and benefits to allow your employer to compete with companies from countries that employ people on a dollar a day? Nor the huge increase in net immigration that would allow salaries to be driven down to a globally competitive level? Or are you in favour of some protectionism?
De la Rue on 19:47 - Mar 22 with 3588 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Had the pleasure of working on a review of the procurement function in a government dept a couple of years ago.

The main findings were around the need to 'not be a slave to the rules' by considering the wider and long term impacts on the whole system e.g. reducing the UKs capacity to produce or service in a particular niche or sector.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 19:52]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

De la Rue on 19:50 - Mar 22 with 3576 viewssherpajacob

It's almost irrelevant.

You and pikey appear to have voted for something quite different, despite you both knowing exactly what you voted for.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

De la Rue on 19:54 - Mar 22 with 3561 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ignore me, im talking bollox
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 19:56]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

De la Rue on 20:13 - Mar 22 with 3526 viewslondonlisa2001

De la Rue on 19:33 - Mar 22 by Neath_Jack

The greatest poster this forum has ever seen.

De la Rue on 20:28 - Mar 22 with 3504 viewsUxbridge

De la Rue on 18:22 - Mar 22 by londonlisa2001

Admittedly I'm only going by what Radio 2 tells me, but I'm not sure that's technically correct. Once the UK privatised passports, they were bound by EU competition rules.

Now, we could ask why the UK privatised when the likes of France did not, so they can keep their passports in house. And we could ask whether it would be any different under WTO rules, or any other Trade deal as it goes, rather than EU rules... And probably not by the sounds of it.

The chap from De La Rue when interviewed was a complete fraud anyway. Decrying the fact that British passports will be heading offshore when his company handles passport creation for over 40 countries. Hypocritical beyond belief.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024