Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". 20:46 - Mar 22 with 6162 viewsSwanzay

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-43498365
Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". on 20:49 - Mar 22 with 4635 viewsLeonWasGod

Don't investments normally make money, or is this where I'm going wrong?
Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". on 21:36 - Mar 22 with 4570 viewsPrivate_Partz

Geographically in the wrong area to benefit Wales. Consistently more expensive than Bristol Airport.
At best it should be one of a few regional airports around Wales that could help compensate for our almost complete lack of a decent infastructure outside of the SE.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ken Skates said the money was on 22:01 - Mar 22 with 4538 viewsSwanzay

Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". on 21:36 - Mar 22 by Private_Partz

Geographically in the wrong area to benefit Wales. Consistently more expensive than Bristol Airport.
At best it should be one of a few regional airports around Wales that could help compensate for our almost complete lack of a decent infastructure outside of the SE.

We know that, the rest of Wales knows that, but the senedd know no bounds when it comes to all things cardiff!
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 22:02]
Ken Skates said the money was on 22:26 - Mar 22 with 4503 viewsKilkennyjack

Ken Skates said the money was on 22:01 - Mar 22 by Swanzay

We know that, the rest of Wales knows that, but the senedd know no bounds when it comes to all things cardiff!

Passenger numbers up.
Making a profit soon.

Wales needs an international airport.

Good time to put money in then, is it another loan ?

🚀

Beware of the Risen People

Ken Skates said the money was on 22:44 - Mar 22 with 4472 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ken Skates said the money was on 22:26 - Mar 22 by Kilkennyjack

Passenger numbers up.
Making a profit soon.

Good time to put money in then, is it another loan ?

🚀

Don't believe everything you read.
No it doesn't

Just check out prices on Skyscanner. Compare them to Bristol.
There are moves to create an eceonomice power house of Bristol, Cardiff and Newport. Bristol is by far the bigger and more prottable airport to service this.
Pumping money into yet another Cardiff white elephant is a shocking waste of money.

It will continue however so you can rest easy.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ken Skates said the money was on 22:57 - Mar 22 with 4460 viewsKilkennyjack

Ken Skates said the money was on 22:44 - Mar 22 by Private_Partz

No it doesn't

Just check out prices on Skyscanner. Compare them to Bristol.
There are moves to create an eceonomice power house of Bristol, Cardiff and Newport. Bristol is by far the bigger and more prottable airport to service this.
Pumping money into yet another Cardiff white elephant is a shocking waste of money.

It will continue however so you can rest easy.

It was just a loan last time, so i assume its the same this time....?

Bristol is not in Wales.
Cardiff is much closer to Swansea.

Welsh Government are supporting, as it should.

Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". on 23:01 - Mar 22 with 4458 viewsAguycalledJack

In the past it’s been cheaper for me to fly from Gatwick than Cardiff. Go figure.

Tend to go abroad at least twice a year. Can’t remember the last time I flew from Cardiff.
Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". on 23:07 - Mar 22 with 4452 viewsKilkennyjack

Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". on 23:01 - Mar 22 by AguycalledJack

In the past it’s been cheaper for me to fly from Gatwick than Cardiff. Go figure.

Tend to go abroad at least twice a year. Can’t remember the last time I flew from Cardiff.

Factually passenger numbers have risen hugely at Cardiff.

Login to get fewer ads

Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". on 08:24 - Mar 23 with 4391 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". on 23:07 - Mar 22 by Kilkennyjack

Factually passenger numbers have risen hugely at Cardiff.

Maybe because it started at a very low bar. The only people flying from there are those that do not compare prices. I have not flown from there for years and probably only ever used it about two or three times.
The last time I was there, about 2 months ago, to drop a relative off flying to Glasgow. There were 6 punters outside the departure lounge in total with acres of empty car park spaces outside.
As regards Swansea well we don't even have a decent approach to the airport. Or signage telling users how to get to Swansea.Risk your life on a farm track road or drive there via Culverhouse Cross.
The ship has sailed as regards Rhoose. Bristol is now way ahead of it as are Birmingham, East Midlands and the London airports.
Chucking taxpayers money at an airport serving a city a third of the size of Bristol is futile. Chuck it they will though.....

Ken Skates said the money was on 10:29 - Mar 23 with 4312 viewscostalotta

Ken Skates said the money was on 22:57 - Mar 22 by Kilkennyjack

It was just a loan last time, so i assume its the same this time....?

Bristol is not in Wales.
Cardiff is much closer to Swansea.

Welsh Government are supporting, as it should.

Investment. Ok! If you say so!

Cardiff maybe closer to Swansea (than Bristol) and in Wales. But Rhoose Airport is sh*te , out of the way and is well below the standard of Bristol Airport. Doesn't compare in terms of routes offered, airlines or the facilities and experience.

Plus, its (Bristol) only another 30-45 minutes from Swansea. Would fly from Bristol every time over Rhoose. Plus, i cannot support a government waste of money just so they can justify an international airport near Cardiff and call it Wales.

It would have been cheaper and better for ALL OF WALES to build a new airport with infrastructure links already in place, just off the M4 between the main cities of Wales.
Ken Skates said the money was on 17:22 - Mar 23 with 4231 viewsKilkennyjack

Ken Skates said the money was on 10:29 - Mar 23 by costalotta

Investment. Ok! If you say so!

Cardiff maybe closer to Swansea (than Bristol) and in Wales. But Rhoose Airport is sh*te , out of the way and is well below the standard of Bristol Airport. Doesn't compare in terms of routes offered, airlines or the facilities and experience.

Plus, its (Bristol) only another 30-45 minutes from Swansea. Would fly from Bristol every time over Rhoose. Plus, i cannot support a government waste of money just so they can justify an international airport near Cardiff and call it Wales.

It would have been cheaper and better for ALL OF WALES to build a new airport with infrastructure links already in place, just off the M4 between the main cities of Wales.

I didn’t.
I asked if it was also a loan.

Glad you recognise the need to spend.
I agree.

Develop the welsh transport and welsh business can grow.

Ken Skates said the money was on 17:34 - Mar 23 with 4217 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ken Skates said the money was on 17:22 - Mar 23 by Kilkennyjack

I didn’t.
I asked if it was also a loan.

Glad you recognise the need to spend.
I agree.

Develop the welsh transport and welsh business can grow.

I actually agree with you. Without a decent transport infrastructure then Wales cannot develope. The problem is that all WAG are looking at are vanity projects like the billion pound Brynglas bypass and Rhoose Airport. God knows when the Heads of the Valley twinning will be completed. That is actually a decent project.
We need investment right across Wales and pooling it all in the SE, an area that is geographically unreachable to most of Wales, is not going to do the Principlaity any good whatsoever.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 17:19]

Ken Skates said the money was on 18:02 - Mar 23 with 4193 viewsunion_jack

Ken Skates said the money was on 17:34 - Mar 23 by Private_Partz

I actually agree with you. Without a decent transport infrastructure then Wales cannot develope. The problem is that all WAG are looking at are vanity projects like the billion pound Brynglas bypass and Rhoose Airport. God knows when the Heads of the Valley twinning will be completed. That is actually a decent project.
We need investment right across Wales and pooling it all in the SE, an area that is geographically unreachable to most of Wales, is not going to do the Principlaity any good whatsoever.

Principality.

Brace yourself for incoming🤣

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ken Skates said the money was on 18:06 - Mar 23 with 4191 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ken Skates said the money was on 18:02 - Mar 23 by union_jack

Principality.

Brace yourself for incoming🤣

Done to death. I have explained my reasoning behind this before. Perhaps I will cut and paste if needs be ;-)

Ken Skates said the money was on 18:31 - Mar 23 with 4176 viewsAguycalledJack

Talking about transport, I’m sure I heard on the news this morning that Cardiff was thinking of implementing a congestion charge. Anybody able to shed any light on this? Ironic if it’s true particularly as according to welsh labour that Cardiff isn’t being over developed to the detriment of the rest of wales.
Ken Skates said the money was on 19:07 - Mar 23 with 4145 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales was last a Principality in 1536.

Keep up that man.

Unless our german imposter prince charlie boy can pass laws ?
No. Thank feck.

Ken Skates said the money was on 20:55 - Mar 23 with 4077 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ken Skates said the money was on 18:31 - Mar 23 by AguycalledJack

Talking about transport, I’m sure I heard on the news this morning that Cardiff was thinking of implementing a congestion charge. Anybody able to shed any light on this? Ironic if it’s true particularly as according to welsh labour that Cardiff isn’t being over developed to the detriment of the rest of wales.

I would love a link to that one. Maybe the penny is dropping. Naaaaaa! :-))

Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". on 21:00 - Mar 23 with 4069 viewspencoedjack

Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". on 23:01 - Mar 22 by AguycalledJack

I travel abroad with work at least twice a month.

Nearly always fly from Heathrow not only for cost but also convenience
Ken Skates said the money was on 21:03 - Mar 23 with 4066 viewsjack2jack

Ken Skates said the money was on 20:55 - Mar 23 by Private_Partz

I would love a link to that one. Maybe the penny is dropping. Naaaaaa! :-))

Here you are.👍
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/congestion-charge-being-seriously-
Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". on 21:34 - Mar 23 with 4054 viewsPentyrchJack

so too would have been investing the total cost of nearly £70m now in the NHS

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Ken Skates said the money was on 10:03 - Mar 24 with 3986 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ken Skates said the money was on 21:03 - Mar 23 by jack2jack

Here you are.👍
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/congestion-charge-being-seriously-

Cheers. I managed to read most of that before the adverts blocked it all out. What a dogs dinner that website is......
I must admit I did not see the bit about redressing the balance with the rest of Wales by going for a cheaper alternative though.
Can't argue against the article. When all the jewels are in their crown then they should bloody well pay for it.
One thing I notice was a spanking new acces road being built. That one is bieng done on the quiet. Looks like a dual cariageway as well whereas our joke of a Hafod bypass is a two lane affair.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 10:04]

Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". on 12:50 - Mar 24 with 3934 viewsDyfnant

We use the airport when we go away because the missus struggles to travel distance in the car. I don’t care about the facilities at the airport as we barely spend two hours at the place. Would prefer them to spend any ‘investment’ Improving my route getting there ( direct train would be nice) or the destinations offered

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Ken Skates said the money was "an investment in Wales". on 13:17 - Mar 24 with 3917 viewsLord_Bony

The two main low cost carriers Ryanair and Easyjet both fly from Bristol not Cardiff.

Even though I live in Cardiff i would never fly from there.

Crazy,cheap prices from The Briz airport.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Ken Skates said the money was on 13:27 - Mar 24 with 3895 viewslonglostjack

Ken Skates said the money was on 21:03 - Mar 23 by jack2jack

Here you are.👍

The City Council went on to confirm that due to the absence of any congestion, there are no plans to introduce the charge in the vicinity of the Cardiff City stadium.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ken Skates said the money was on 13:28 - Mar 24 with 3895 viewsclloy2

Ken Skates said the money was on 22:01 - Mar 22 by Swanzay

Cmon- how many times do the politicians need to remind us and repeat after me "Whats good for Cardiff is good for Wales" !!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024