Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal 11:29 - Mar 23 with 7372 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal if he completes relegation escape mission

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-ready-reward-carlos-carvalh

#backtojack

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 11:35 - Mar 23 with 5874 viewsLeonWasGod

And then pay compo in December when we sack him after we don't back him in the summer

Or maybe after two goes at this the board won't make the same mistake third time round (not holding my breath).
Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 11:41 - Mar 23 with 5862 viewsOldjack

and if he don't save us in the prem he has a very good chance of taking us back up ,just give him a contract ffs

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 12:25 - Mar 23 with 5756 viewsKGriz16

Bit of lazy article isn't it? Says we've only lost once in the league under CC.
I like CC, but I would be open for us to keep our options open this Summer, I don't want another Guidolin scenario unfolding after the board sell Mawson, Fabianski and J. Ayew and expect him to work with f**k all for the season. I'm also worried by a three year contact and CC's lack of longevity at every club he's coached.
Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 16:21 - Mar 23 with 5500 viewsjacabertawe

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 12:25 - Mar 23 by KGriz16

I like CC, but I would be open for us to keep our options open this Summer, I don't want another Guidolin scenario unfolding after the board sell Mawson, Fabianski and J. Ayew and expect him to work with f**k all for the season. I'm also worried by a three year contact and CC's lack of longevity at every club he's coached.

Good points, particularly on longevity and what he will have to work with. We all like CC, but I would still go with trying to get Brendan back.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 16:47 - Mar 23 with 5443 viewsGlyn1

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 12:25 - Mar 23 by KGriz16

Is the lack of longevity his fault? How many clubs did he choose to leave?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 17:38 - Mar 23 with 5371 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 11:35 - Mar 23 by LeonWasGod

And then pay compo in December when we sack him after we don't back him in the summer

Or maybe after two goes at this the board won't make the same mistake third time round (not holding my breath).

Is good news if true but I agree with you nonetheless.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 01:15 - Mar 24 with 5150 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 11:41 - Mar 23 by Oldjack

and if he don't save us in the prem he has a very good chance of taking us back up ,just give him a contract ffs

Changed your tune Alan.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 05:52 - Mar 24 with 5088 viewspencoedjack

I think I am the only Swansea fan not totally taken in by Carlos.

Even though he’s done a fantastic job
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 06:39 - Mar 24 with 5056 viewssplJack

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 05:52 - Mar 24 by pencoedjack

I'm struggling to take to him too.

I'd like us to keep our options open in the summer even if he does keep us up. I don't think he's the man for us long term.

As said above, I go all out to get Brandon and Joey back if we stay up.
Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 07:07 - Mar 24 with 5026 viewsJethroJack

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 06:39 - Mar 24 by splJack

I'd like us to keep our options open in the summer even if he does keep us up. I don't think he's the man for us long term.

Brandon Flowers?
Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 08:01 - Mar 24 with 4971 viewspencoedjack

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 08:14 - Mar 24 with 4965 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 05:52 - Mar 24 by pencoedjack

He's done a decent job considering the tools he has had to work with & the situation he stepped into + he has been very effective, up their with the best I've seen, at charming the media.

All that said & back in his opening day 1 interview he flagged his comfort/preference for a flexible or short-term contract - so for me whether he keeps us up or not (obviously keeping us up would be preferrable!!) I'd be suggesting a rolling 12-month deal.
Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 08:21 - Mar 24 with 4958 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 08:14 - Mar 24 by Thornburyswan

He's done a decent job considering the tools he has had to work with & the situation he stepped into + he has been very effective, up their with the best I've seen, at charming the media.

All that said & back in his opening day 1 interview he flagged his comfort/preference for a flexible or short-term contract - so for me whether he keeps us up or not (obviously keeping us up would be preferrable!!) I'd be suggesting a rolling 12-month deal.

The sensible option. You'd have thought our clownshoe of a DoF would have cottoned on by now after spunking untold millions on compo.

Pavlov's dog got it quicker.
Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 09:05 - Mar 24 with 4896 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 06:39 - Mar 24 by splJack

The plain fact of the matter is that no managers worth his salt would risk their reputations on a club hellbent on selling good players and replacing them with players of an inferior quality just to keep balance sheets rosy and investors dividends up.
Add to that no little or no choice on who comes in and that's where we're at folks. Not a very attractive proposition.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 09:30 - Mar 24 with 4867 viewsdobjack2

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 09:05 - Mar 24 by Brynmill_Jack

The plain fact of the matter is that no managers worth his salt would risk their reputations on a club hellbent on selling good players and replacing them with players of an inferior quality just to keep balance sheets rosy and investors dividends up.
Add to that no little or no choice on who comes in and that's where we're at folks. Not a very attractive proposition.

Indeed.

We’ve gone from a stable club to one that is continually sacking managers.

Suggests that our recruitment process for managers is probably poor, that our transfer activity as highlighted in your post is poor and that the people in charge of recruitment are not doing a good job as far as the managers and squad are concerned.

We now look a likely destination for a manager after the money who will put up with what goes with it rather than one looking for a club that matches their ambitions.
Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 09:59 - Mar 24 with 4832 viewsDewi1jack

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 08:14 - Mar 24 by Thornburyswan

Have to agree.
12 month rolling is the best way we as a club can move forward with the present DoF/ Chairman.

1st move, long before the transfer window opens is for him and all the other sellers to be gone.
Fresh start at the top no matter what.
Then a rebuild from the bottom up where it's needed. Best people for the job only

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 17:42 - Mar 24 with 4653 viewsswanforthemoney

It's a bit strong calling them 'tools'

I stand in the North Stand

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 18:12 - Mar 24 with 4625 viewsmax936

I agree on the rolling contract offer as well, 3 yrs is to long in my honest opinion.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 18:20 - Mar 24 with 4615 viewsthornabyswan

He has done more than a decent job
We had 12 points when he came in got 31 now.
19 points from 10 games as opposed to 12 from 20 under Clement.
A 2 year contract seems fair to me.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 18:24 - Mar 24 with 4600 viewsPozuelosSideys

To the point about us being a stable club who has now turned into a club always sacking managers.

Well, no, not really. Since the Spanish waiter left, we have had different managers every season, two at most. It used to be that other clubs snapped them up, now we just sack them instead. This malarky about us always having stability is bollux.

3 years is too long for Carvahal. Give him a one year fixed term and see where he is around xmas time, then re-evaluate.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 19:22 - Mar 24 with 4536 viewsbringbacklaudrup

I could see a team like Everton coming for Carvalhal. I think this would be difficult to turn down, as he would probably be offered several times the money he's on at Swansea.

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 20:48 - Mar 24 with 4448 viewsdobjack2

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 18:24 - Mar 24 by PozuelosSideys

To the point about us being a stable club who has now turned into a club always sacking managers.

Well, no, not really. Since the Spanish waiter left, we have had different managers every season, two at most. It used to be that other clubs snapped them up, now we just sack them instead. This malarky about us always having stability is bollux.

3 years is too long for Carvahal. Give him a one year fixed term and see where he is around xmas time, then re-evaluate.

we’ll disagree-

we had stability even with managers leaving us for other clubs as each new manager built upon our existing style of play. We didn’t have to start from scratch after each change.

After Laudrup got sacked our style of play slowly but surely went out of the window and our recruitment Lost cohesion. Monks first season results hid the fact that we had destroyed the playing style that allowed us to withstand managerial change and had made us successful.
Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 21:34 - Mar 24 with 4420 viewsPozuelosSideys

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 20:48 - Mar 24 by dobjack2

we’ll disagree-

we had stability even with managers leaving us for other clubs as each new manager built upon our existing style of play. We didn’t have to start from scratch after each change.

After Laudrup got sacked our style of play slowly but surely went out of the window and our recruitment Lost cohesion. Monks first season results hid the fact that we had destroyed the playing style that allowed us to withstand managerial change and had made us successful.

Aye, but we appointed the right person which is why we continued to succeed. Then we stopped doing that and making bad decisions with the appointments. Who we appointed was the problem, not the fact we kept changing all the time.

Oh. And recruitment. Pi55 poor recruitment.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 21:44 - Mar 24 with 4409 viewsLoyal

That's Carlos sacked by November then.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 22:06 - Mar 24 with 4368 viewsmonmouth

Swansea ready to reward Carlos Carvalhal with three-year deal on 21:44 - Mar 24 by Loyal

That's Carlos sacked by November then.

Yep. We should look for someone to take us where we want to go, not someone who has a short term impact. It is just repeating the cycle.

If we really think Carvalhal is that man, fine, but we should not appoint him because he saved us from relegation, if he does.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024