Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? 23:40 - Mar 25 with 78424 viewsDarran

Wow that’s a surprise. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 17:18 - Mar 27 with 3242 viewslondonlisa2001

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 17:06 - Mar 27 by sherpajacob

Thanks, I think I get it now,

because he has dialogue with Hamas and Hezbollah it winds some people up who think he must therefore be anti Semitic.

In the same way that the narrow minded think that because he's had dialogue with Sinn Fein he must be anti British.

Why don't you read the letter from the Jewish Leadership Council and the reply from Corbyn acknowledging their position and apologising to them before assuming this is a case of 'some people' getting wound up.
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 17:54 - Mar 27 with 3210 viewsHighjack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 17:06 - Mar 27 by sherpajacob

Thanks, I think I get it now,

because he has dialogue with Hamas and Hezbollah it winds some people up who think he must therefore be anti Semitic.

In the same way that the narrow minded think that because he's had dialogue with Sinn Fein he must be anti British.

Nope I said I don't believe he's anti Semitic, he's just a bit of an idiot.

He keeps saying he wants dialogue but he's snubbed all sorts of meetings with top Israeli officials including netenyahu (sp???) himself and sent thornberry instead. Surely if he truly wants a peace process he needs to speak to both sides?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 17:56 - Mar 27 with 3208 viewsHighjack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:57 - Mar 27 by Ebo

Yet the west gives support to a brutal apartheid state committing genocide and turns a blind eye to the suffering of the Palestinians.

Fat cat closet tory? Loh would have a chuckle at that one!

Don't disagree with any of that apart from you not being a closet ft reading capitalist.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:07 - Mar 27 with 3184 viewsWarwickHunt

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 17:54 - Mar 27 by Highjack

He keeps saying he wants dialogue but he's snubbed all sorts of meetings with top Israeli officials including netenyahu (sp???) himself and sent thornberry instead. Surely if he truly wants a peace process he needs to speak to both sides?

He's incapable of making the transition from student politician/backroom activist to statesman.
The refusal to meet Netanyahu is a classic case in point.

They probably loved it at the Islington branch of Momentum though...
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:19 - Mar 27 with 3174 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:07 - Mar 27 by WarwickHunt

He's incapable of making the transition from student politician/backroom activist to statesman.

Loved it. Lapped it up.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:20 - Mar 27 with 3174 viewsDr_Winston

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 17:54 - Mar 27 by Highjack

Just like the peace he desperately sought in Northern Ireland by only chumming up with one side?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:22 - Mar 27 with 3172 viewsJack_Meoff

Link to the letter and the reply.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43540795

I know Corbyn has replied but after having a look around both the Board of Deputies of British Jews and the Jewish Leadership Council websites and seeing how pro Israel they are I can't help but think that yesterday's goings on were more about Corbyn's historical sympathy for the plight of the Palestinians above anything else.

The mural comment was stupid, but it was also from 2010. Had they been holding on to it for something like this?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:49 - Mar 27 with 3145 viewsDarran

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:22 - Mar 27 by Jack_Meoff

I know Corbyn has replied but after having a look around both the Board of Deputies of British Jews and the Jewish Leadership Council websites and seeing how pro Israel they are I can't help but think that yesterday's goings on were more about Corbyn's historical sympathy for the plight of the Palestinians above anything else.

The mural comment was stupid, but it was also from 2010. Had they been holding on to it for something like this?

People are being silly here mate. This isn’t just about 2010 and it isn’t about the Israeli government as that nutjob Ebo would have you believe.
There’s been many other slurs on British Jews over the last few years with the Ruth Smeeth incident last year being one of them.

One of the major problems is that whatever Corbyn says or does some people can’t see any wrong in it.

Not having a go at you Sir.

Login to get fewer ads

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:54 - Mar 27 with 3141 viewslondonlisa2001

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:22 - Mar 27 by Jack_Meoff

I have two Jewish friends. Both are extremely opposed to the actions of the Israeli government in their treatment of the Palestinians. They are ashamed by the association. Both believe that there are factions within the Labour movement that use opposition to Israel a convenient mechanism for expressing anti Jewish sentiment. Both are hurt by the failure of the current Labour leadership to recognise and address the issue. Both believe that it is partly due to the perception of Jewish people being powerful and wealthy.
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:58 - Mar 27 with 3137 viewsexiledclaseboy

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:54 - Mar 27 by londonlisa2001

I have two Jewish friends. Both are extremely opposed to the actions of the Israeli government in their treatment of the Palestinians. They are ashamed by the association. Both believe that there are factions within the Labour movement that use opposition to Israel a convenient mechanism for expressing anti Jewish sentiment. Both are hurt by the failure of the current Labour leadership to recognise and address the issue. Both believe that it is partly due to the perception of Jewish people being powerful and wealthy.

This works both ways of course. Some are all too quick to label anyone who criticises Israel and/or the actions of the Israeli government as “anti semitic”. Similarly others are all to keen to use criticism of Israel and/or the actions of the Israeli government as a cloak for their own anti semitism. Oh for a sensible debate on this. Or anything else really these days.

Poll: Tory leader

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 20:02 - Mar 27 with 3129 viewslondonlisa2001

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:58 - Mar 27 by exiledclaseboy

This works both ways of course. Some are all too quick to label anyone who criticises Israel and/or the actions of the Israeli government as “anti semitic”. Similarly others are all to keen to use criticism of Israel and/or the actions of the Israeli government as a cloak for their own anti semitism. Oh for a sensible debate on this. Or anything else really these days.

I agree with that. As do they (we've unsurprisingly spoken of it recently)!

They believe that the issue with Corbyn et al, is that some of the people around him are so influnced by a hatred of 'the rich' that Jewish people are fair game.
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 20:04 - Mar 27 with 3126 viewsexiledclaseboy

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 20:02 - Mar 27 by londonlisa2001

I agree with that. As do they (we've unsurprisingly spoken of it recently)!

They believe that the issue with Corbyn et al, is that some of the people around him are so influnced by a hatred of 'the rich' that Jewish people are fair game.

I wouldn’t argue with their conclusions.

Poll: Tory leader

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 20:25 - Mar 27 with 3104 viewssherpajacob

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:19 - Mar 27 by Lohengrin

Loved it. Lapped it up.

The Islington momentum crew get around. I didn't realise they'd been going since 2014.

This photo is from a rally in Stuttart, Germany, on July 25, 2014.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 20:32 - Mar 27 with 3091 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 20:25 - Mar 27 by sherpajacob

The Islington momentum crew get around. I didn't realise they'd been going since 2014.

Yes indeed.

Who do we know who speaks at Al Q’uds rallies?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 20:45 - Mar 27 with 3065 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 20:25 - Mar 27 by sherpajacob

Islington is just west of Stuttgart

Training HQ of Czech spy’s mun 😃

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 21:29 - Mar 27 with 3030 viewsjack_lord

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:48 - Mar 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What about this letter signed by the Board of Deputies of British Jews and the Jewish Leadership Council published 15 minutes ago?

Lydgate said "You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time".

The Muslim vote must be bigger than the Jewish vote?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 21:29 - Mar 27 with 3027 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 21:29 - Mar 27 by jack_lord

Lydgate said "You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time".

The Muslim vote must be bigger than the Jewish vote?

The elephant in the room.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 21:59 - Mar 27 with 2998 viewsHighjack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 21:29 - Mar 27 by Lohengrin

The elephant in the room.

I thought that was Hinduism??

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 22:03 - Mar 27 with 2994 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 21:59 - Mar 27 by Highjack

I thought that was Hinduism??

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 22:52 - Mar 27 with 2954 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 20:45 - Mar 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Islington is just west of Stuttgart

Training HQ of Czech spy’s mun 😃

It’s five miles north of where this photo was taken, Tom. Recognise the flag at all?

If there has been a more blundering, hapless politician in a senior position within living memory I’ll eat my hat. Even when a blind man could see the pitfalls he continually falls into them. As entertaining as it is the stupidity of it all gets a bit wearing after a while.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 22:59 - Mar 27 with 2945 viewsburty

LOAD OF BOLLOX
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 23:13 - Mar 27 with 2935 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 22:59 - Mar 27 by burty

LOAD OF BOLLOX

The beauty of the advent of the internet coinciding with the age of mass literacy is you don’t have to take anybody’s word for anything on here, least of all mine, Bertram. All the tools to either evidence or disprove are all at hand.

Knock yourself out, kiddo.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 09:40 - Mar 28 with 2852 viewsEbo

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:07 - Mar 27 by WarwickHunt

Completely disagree there, if he is what you are stating he would have been finished long ago.

This government are running scared of him, the press too.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 09:44 - Mar 28 with 2849 viewsEbo

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:49 - Mar 27 by Darran

People are being silly here mate. This isn’t just about 2010 and it isn’t about the Israeli government as that nutjob Ebo would have you believe.
There’s been many other slurs on British Jews over the last few years with the Ruth Smeeth incident last year being one of them.

One of the major problems is that whatever Corbyn says or does some people can’t see any wrong in it.

Not having a go at you Sir.

The only nutjob here is you Dar. Stop reading the papers and watching the BBC would be a good start. If you think there is nothing wrong with the Israeli government then you are simply barking.

Corbyn ain't perfect but he has a damn sight more morals than half of the kunts in power.

A communist, a Spy and now it seems a nazi. Fu cking hell make your mind up.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:07 - Mar 28 with 2842 viewsDarran

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 09:44 - Mar 28 by Ebo

The only nutjob here is you Dar. Stop reading the papers and watching the BBC would be a good start. If you think there is nothing wrong with the Israeli government then you are simply barking.

Corbyn ain't perfect but he has a damn sight more morals than half of the kunts in power.

A communist, a Spy and now it seems a nazi. Fu cking hell make your mind up.

Corbyn apologised for anti-Semitism within the Labour Party he didn’t apologise for attacks on the Israeli Government. There was no need to mention the Israeli Government this wasn’t about the Israeli Government.
It’s also hysterical to see people defending Corbyn on twitter saying he’s not anti-Semetic or a racist because he’s the most passive man you could ever meet. Again he never apologised for being anti-Semitic or a racist he was apologising for anti-Semetism within the Labour Party it’s just that you nutjobs like to make up stories to deflect from the truth.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024