Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently 08:09 - Mar 26 with 11408 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City hope to sign midfielder Andy King permanently in the summer if they secure Premier League survival.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43538598

#backtojack

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:25 - Mar 26 with 5860 viewsPegojack

The wrong move in my opinion. I'd rather spend £6 million on an up and coming young player from maybe the Championship, rather than a 29 year old who has one or two decent seasons left in him.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:25 - Mar 26 with 5856 viewsSwansNZ

No brainer. Decent player, worth 6 million in today's money.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:38 - Mar 26 with 5830 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:25 - Mar 26 by Pegojack

The wrong move in my opinion. I'd rather spend £6 million on an up and coming young player from maybe the Championship, rather than a 29 year old who has one or two decent seasons left in him.

This.

We'd have to be pretty sure that he is the best we can get for £6m. I'd be very surprised if he is.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:41 - Mar 26 with 5827 viewsSPboy

It would be fair to say that he could do a job, be it in the PL or Championship. It also says a lot about our ambition or lack of it. Maybe it is time to force through some players from the Academy if there is an unwillingness to fork out on some decent quality. How depressing, and the silly season hasn’t even started yet
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:06 - Mar 26 with 5762 viewsJokeren1943

Swansea need a leader and a general with experience on the midfield.

If King has these qualities, then sign him.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:07 - Mar 26 with 5761 viewsmagicdaps10

6M!

Nice to see that we are still considering going down the same route that has served us well for the last 24 months.

We need players who want to come here and make a mark in the premeir league NOT players coming to the end of their years.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:15 - Mar 26 with 5742 viewsJethroJack

Would be a good buy at £6M.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:20 - Mar 26 with 5723 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Nothing wrong with this. He's a decent enough piano carrier.

We need to get someone to play the damn thing as well though.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:25 - Mar 26 with 5704 viewsmonmouth

Well now. I was totally underwhelmed by this loan deal because I thought he was pretty crap if I'm honest, a championship player. But after watching that one game and the way he kept the ball moving, brought others into play and did a shedload of dirty work, I was very impressed.

Leon is gone, done, injury prone and an old man. Very sad and a massive blow, but happens to us all. We have been trying to get similar since Canas and failed. Look at frigging Mesa. At least with King we are having a look first before buying and, if we think he's doing it then yes of course we should buy rather than taking another risk. I swear to God some think there is a production line of fantastic players that no one else has seen. Every transfer is a massive risk. Every one. At least with this one we've tried before we buy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:33 - Mar 26 with 5679 viewsDafyddHuw

This deal shows exactly what our ambitions are.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:37 - Mar 26 with 5668 viewsmonmouth

Well not so long ago, people wanted to sell mawson and spunk that and more on Tammy Abraham. That's ambition and young hungry players for you. Just as well we tried him out first eh?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:39 - Mar 26 with 5662 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:25 - Mar 26 by monmouth

Well now. I was totally underwhelmed by this loan deal because I thought he was pretty crap if I'm honest, a championship player. But after watching that one game and the way he kept the ball moving, brought others into play and did a shedload of dirty work, I was very impressed.

Leon is gone, done, injury prone and an old man. Very sad and a massive blow, but happens to us all. We have been trying to get similar since Canas and failed. Look at frigging Mesa. At least with King we are having a look first before buying and, if we think he's doing it then yes of course we should buy rather than taking another risk. I swear to God some think there is a production line of fantastic players that no one else has seen. Every transfer is a massive risk. Every one. At least with this one we've tried before we buy.

Can't argue with that but for me this just goes to highlight that our recruitment procedures are shot and the bloke in charge of it hasn't got a clue.
Unless we sort this out, particularly with profit hungry Hedge Funders in the background, then the Christmas managerial merriegoround will continue and our luck will run out. If it hasn't done so already......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:41 - Mar 26 with 5658 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:33 - Mar 26 by DafyddHuw

This deal shows exactly what our ambitions are.

Yeah by buying a player who does the sh!t that is vital and no one sees

Yes hes 29 but he is very experienced and if he gives us 2-3 years of good service by sitting in front of the back 4/5 and keeping the ball moving then 6m is a snip
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 09:47 - Mar 26 with 5643 viewsLeonWasGod

Happy enough with that, although would like to see more until the end of the season. He's surpassed expectations so far in his limited game time. Looks a step above Carroll and Ki imo (which is probably more a reflection on them than on King).
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 10:17 - Mar 26 with 5589 viewslifelong

Good value at that price, I’m for it.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 10:19 - Mar 26 with 5585 viewsjackal

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 08:25 - Mar 26 by Pegojack

If he's 29 then surely he's got more than 1 or 2 seasons.

I thought he was just the job when he started against West Ham.

Solid and reliable. he kept possession and moved us forward.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 10:47 - Mar 26 with 5525 viewsWATP

He’d be a good addition to the team. A solid player.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 11:35 - Mar 26 with 5456 viewsdameedna

have long time thought King would fit. Not sure we will survive if we do its a no brainer really
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 11:43 - Mar 26 with 5434 viewsTom1912

£6m is fine for a player that we know can do it and still has 2-3 good seasons left in him.

I reckon we can get him for a bit cheaper though.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 11:57 - Mar 26 with 5416 viewsswancity

A consistent reliable steady performer who will be a good squad addition. Played in 30 odd of Leicesters 38 league games when they were League Champions that tells you something about him. What also tells you something is that he rarely makes the headlines and that's a positive as he quietly gets on with his role which is similar to the one Britton has done so well. Got two seasons in him at this level.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 12:32 - Mar 26 with 5347 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Also it actually appears he wants to come here, which is the sort of player CC wants.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 12:41 - Mar 26 with 5326 viewsTom1912

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 11:57 - Mar 26 by swancity

A consistent reliable steady performer who will be a good squad addition. Played in 30 odd of Leicesters 38 league games when they were League Champions that tells you something about him. What also tells you something is that he rarely makes the headlines and that's a positive as he quietly gets on with his role which is similar to the one Britton has done so well. Got two seasons in him at this level.

Exactly. He's a great pro that will put in 7/10 performances every week. Not to be sniffed at.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 12:46 - Mar 26 with 5316 viewsswan65split

I"d risk it for a swisskit,....as stated looks like he wants to come here . and has maybe 3 years left..

but as others say, looks like our scoutings rubbish and leaving us in that hole, also if hes signing players now, shows theres no sign of going.
Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 13:19 - Mar 26 with 5256 viewsNeath_Jack

A steal at that price IMO.

I know someone will come up with some random foreign player that is cheaper, as a comparison, but save it for those easily impressed by foreign names,

Very experienced player who does all the basic things well, something we've been sorely missing.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swansea City keen to sign midfielder Andy King permanently on 13:26 - Mar 26 with 5238 viewsjack247

This is the kind of signing that we get right more often than not. It’s the marquee signings that tend to prove disastrous.

If we are going to stick with three box to box midfielders, we need one to do the dirty work and play the simple balls.

We may knock them down a bit as they don’t seem to want him, but I don’t think £6m for King is unrealistic. It’s getting the playmaker/big signing right that concerns me, not the water carrier, I think he’s very good at it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024