Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... 00:05 - Mar 27 with 10245 viewsTheResurrection

... these days. He should seriously consider hanging his boots up. A real embarrassment and if he's not careful nobody will remember the bar brawler defender he once was and all they will is this flummoxing baboon running around like a headless Trigger at Margate. Even the facking inflatable dolphin would put in better displays.

I watched the highlights (In Uruguyan) of the Wales game today to look for clips of Andy King - fack me, what superb technique from him as well for the various shots outside the box - well done lad.

But Williams, Jesus Christ, absolutely shot. The goal, he was there in his line ok up to a point but had no clue where Cavani was. Then the ball is lofted out wide and that immediately should have shone DANGER as it turned the Welsh defence, but not for 50p head. No, he turned slower than the QE2 and started ambling back, only to see Cavani so late he was already bearing down inside the 18 yard line.

Of course he did the Siggy flailing arms once the goal went in and looked to blame somebody else but the fingers are pointing in only one direction there, Williams, you clown, and there's a big sign above your head...

BOW OUT THE SIDE DOOR SON - IT'S OVER!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

N/A. on 00:08 - Mar 27 with 5110 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 22:48]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 00:24 - Mar 27 with 5078 viewsTheResurrection

N/A. on 00:08 - Mar 27 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 22:48]

Maybe you're right, but not at Everton, their fans would slaughter him, at Stockport he may have a season left in him.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

N/A. on 00:42 - Mar 27 with 5057 viewsHuw57

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 00:24 - Mar 27 by TheResurrection

Maybe you're right, but not at Everton, their fans would slaughter him, at Stockport he may have a season left in him.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 22:49]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 08:29 - Mar 27 with 4823 viewspencoedjack

I agree with you Chris (with the exception of the Siggy dig) . The club done an excellent bit of business selling Ash at the right time.

What I have seen of him at Everton this season hes been dogshite.

Giggs first decision needs to be take the captaincy of him & drop him.

Hopefully he continues his form into our next home game.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 08:42 - Mar 27 with 4785 viewsswancity

Agreed. I watched the whole game live. Watching Williams especially and he's definitely finished at this level. Too ponderous, too slow to react. And he's now not the proactive defender he once was. Sad to see but it happens to everyone.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 09:13 - Mar 27 with 4722 viewsWarwickHunt

I thought this thread was going to be about his hairstyles.

He is fûcked though and was past his best when we sold him. My Evertonian mate hates him with a passion.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 11:41 - Mar 27 with 4556 viewsTheResurrection

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 08:29 - Mar 27 by pencoedjack

I agree with you Chris (with the exception of the Siggy dig) . The club done an excellent bit of business selling Ash at the right time.

Watch this, it's a horror show from start to finish.

Great commentary as well 😂

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 11:54 - Mar 27 with 4512 viewsTom1912

Definitely past his best when we sold him. Widespread panic on here at the time but selling him for £12m and signing Mawson for £5m was fantastic business by the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 12:58 - Mar 27 with 4391 viewsSPboy

As poor as Williams was ( I agree) the options to replace him are limited. He had a poor game by his old standards but he was not significantly poorer than some of the other players around him.

It was Chester who let the ball sail over his head and fail to make any ground on Rodriguez who crossed the ball. Gunter (full back) wasn’t even in the frame. Ben Davies had a shakey start to the game too.

It is quite easy to criticise Williams in his current form for club & country, but the fact that he is still getting picked by both shows how difficult it is to find the quality required. If not Williams, then who does Giggs look at for centre back ? Identifying a captain should be a bit easier.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 13:12 - Mar 27 with 4347 viewsLoyal

Agree with Chris, hang up his boots and his daft hair.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 13:25 - Mar 27 with 4312 viewsMrSwerve

Ash is obviously past it at Premier League/International level (against decent sides at least), but he could probably still do a job in League 1. He should be nowhere near a PL starting 11 now.

What other Welsh CBs do we have that can take his place? I've pretty much no interest in International football so have no idea.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 13:52 - Mar 27 with 4256 viewsNeath_Jack

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 13:25 - Mar 27 by MrSwerve

Ash is obviously past it at Premier League/International level (against decent sides at least), but he could probably still do a job in League 1. He should be nowhere near a PL starting 11 now.

What other Welsh CBs do we have that can take his place? I've pretty much no interest in International football so have no idea.

Ethan Ampadu?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 13:52]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:21 - Mar 27 with 4204 viewsProfessor

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 13:25 - Mar 27 by MrSwerve

All true. Was great for club and country, but he's 'gone'. Who else is the big conundrum.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:33 - Mar 27 with 4191 viewsTheResurrection

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 12:58 - Mar 27 by SPboy

As poor as Williams was ( I agree) the options to replace him are limited. He had a poor game by his old standards but he was not significantly poorer than some of the other players around him.

It was Chester who let the ball sail over his head and fail to make any ground on Rodriguez who crossed the ball. Gunter (full back) wasn’t even in the frame. Ben Davies had a shakey start to the game too.

It is quite easy to criticise Williams in his current form for club & country, but the fact that he is still getting picked by both shows how difficult it is to find the quality required. If not Williams, then who does Giggs look at for centre back ? Identifying a captain should be a bit easier.

That was all down to Williams. No defender can ever be blamed for a good ball over the top and especially out wide. It's never ideal to have your defence turned but you can't scientifically defend against precision and timing.

What you can defend against is knowing where your attackers are. Williams didn't have a clue where Cavani was and even worse when the ball was floating over the defensive line Williams decided to amble back only to glimpse Cavani in his eyeline before sprinting like a facked up tortoise.

He knew full well who's fault that was and Giggs or anyone else attached to football will know. He's been gone for years now, anyone is better, for Everton and Wales.

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:37 - Mar 27 with 4184 viewsSTID2017

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 13:52 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

Ethan Ampadu?

Not at the moment he can't - injured 6 days ago and out for season
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/690567/Chelsea-Ethan-Ampadu-Ankle-Inj
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 14:38]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:41 - Mar 27 with 4175 viewsNeath_Jack

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:37 - Mar 27 by STID2017

Not at the moment he can't - injured 6 days ago and out for season
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/690567/Chelsea-Ethan-Ampadu-Ankle-Inj
[Post edited 27 Mar 2018 14:38]

Do Wales play again this season?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:46 - Mar 27 with 4165 viewsSTID2017

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:41 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

No.
However would you be happy with a youth player representing us in the next round of qualifications ?
I don't feel he's ready yet

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:47 - Mar 27 with 4154 viewsNeath_Jack

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:46 - Mar 27 by STID2017

No.
However would you be happy with a youth player representing us in the next round of qualifications ?
I don't feel he's ready yet

As opposed to Ash? Yes, i probably would to be honest, but that's not to say that there is someone better than both Ash or Ampadu mind, i'm pretty ignorant to players from other teams, so i don't know who is out there.

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:50 - Mar 27 with 4150 viewsSTID2017

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:47 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

As opposed to Ash? Yes, i probably would to be honest, but that's not to say that there is someone better than both Ash or Ampadu mind, i'm pretty ignorant to players from other teams, so i don't know who is out there.

It just shows how weak the strength in depth is if we have to rely on a player who's past it or a youth player.
Like you, I am not sure of who else is available

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:52 - Mar 27 with 4146 viewsswancity

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 13:52 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

Ethan Ampadu?

Ampadu is more of a holding midfield player.

Williams lack of desire for me to get back to Cavani was the most disturbing as was his general demeanour throughout the game. Ok it wasn't much more than a glorified friendly but he lacked the previous intensity to his game. Casually he also gifted them a first half chance with sloppy passing but they hit the post. And it's no way for a Captain / leader to behave.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 15:20 - Mar 27 with 4098 viewsABERSWAN

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 14:41 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

They are playing Mexico in May,over in America.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 15:54 - Mar 27 with 4034 viewsBarrySwan

One problem is Chester makes so many mistakes whether in passing, marking or simple ball control with quite astonishing regularity when you watch his performances closely.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 16:10 - Mar 27 with 4001 viewsploppy

The problem with the goal is that when the back 3 pushed up, Ash came further forward than the others, so Cavani already had a head start on him. So you can either blame Ash for pushing out too far, or the others for not keeping in line with him. Either way, it's true that Ash had no idea where Cavani was and it's a stupid game to play given Ash's lack of pace.
Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 16:13 - Mar 27 with 3996 viewsthornabyswan

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 08:29 - Mar 27 by pencoedjack

I doubt he will be playing if Jagielca and Keane are fit
Everton have won a couple since his sending off at Burnley as well.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Ashley Williams - He's humiliating himself... on 16:41 - Mar 27 with 3945 viewsWATP

Williams is the best player to have worn a Swans shirt in the last 35 yrs, maybe the greatest ever.
Why he gets so much abuse from Swans fans is beyond me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024