Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again 07:30 - Mar 28 with 7718 viewsowainglyndwr

Swansea valuation office to move to central square.
How much more can they do before people revolt or protest against the Assembly.
With Brexit upon us we could totally end up in the shit outside of the Cardiff bubble.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 09:03 - Mar 28 with 4001 viewsexhmrc1

This is hardly a surprise. The valuation agency is sponsored by HMRC which has decided to base all its work in 13 cities throughout the UK. In Wales all its staff will be based in Central Square in Cardiff. There will be no office west of Bristol in the South West and only 2 offices in Scotland. Swansea Valuation Office is currently based in Ty Nant which HMRC is vacating. Swansea Valuation agency has a very small number of staff. I assume these are moving to that building in Cardiff the other HMRC staff will occupy.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 09:34 - Mar 28 with 3982 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 09:03 - Mar 28 by exhmrc1

This is hardly a surprise. The valuation agency is sponsored by HMRC which has decided to base all its work in 13 cities throughout the UK. In Wales all its staff will be based in Central Square in Cardiff. There will be no office west of Bristol in the South West and only 2 offices in Scotland. Swansea Valuation Office is currently based in Ty Nant which HMRC is vacating. Swansea Valuation agency has a very small number of staff. I assume these are moving to that building in Cardiff the other HMRC staff will occupy.

You're right. It's hardly a surprise. It's all part of the corrupt drip feed.

The argument for the Valuation staff moving is made because the HMRC jobs were stolen so now it 'makes sense'. Part of the argument for the MTC to be in Cardiff is because neurosurgery was stolen a few years ago so now it 'makes sense'. Which was always the plan. The Burns centralisation in Cardiff may very well be next because it'll 'make sense'.

But the majority of you will still vote Labour. Incredible.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 10:44 - Mar 28 with 3948 viewsexhmrc1

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 09:34 - Mar 28 by johnlangy

You're right. It's hardly a surprise. It's all part of the corrupt drip feed.

The argument for the Valuation staff moving is made because the HMRC jobs were stolen so now it 'makes sense'. Part of the argument for the MTC to be in Cardiff is because neurosurgery was stolen a few years ago so now it 'makes sense'. Which was always the plan. The Burns centralisation in Cardiff may very well be next because it'll 'make sense'.

But the majority of you will still vote Labour. Incredible.

The problem is not Swansea against Cardiff n this case. It is HMRC deciding to move from 400+ offices to 13 and centre them in the biggest cities Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Glasgow as well as Cardiff. Over the last 20 years HMRC has closed offices in Aberystwyth, Haverfordwest, Carmarthen, Llanelli, Bridgend, Pontypridd, Newport, Brecon, Merthyr and Pontypool. In the west country they are closing Bath, Exeter, Plymouth, Swindon, Gloucester, Cheltenham etc. This really isn't a Wag issue. The problem lies with HMRC and the British government taking jobs from small towns and placing them in a few big cities.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 17:33 - Mar 28 with 3838 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 10:44 - Mar 28 by exhmrc1

The problem is not Swansea against Cardiff n this case. It is HMRC deciding to move from 400+ offices to 13 and centre them in the biggest cities Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Glasgow as well as Cardiff. Over the last 20 years HMRC has closed offices in Aberystwyth, Haverfordwest, Carmarthen, Llanelli, Bridgend, Pontypridd, Newport, Brecon, Merthyr and Pontypool. In the west country they are closing Bath, Exeter, Plymouth, Swindon, Gloucester, Cheltenham etc. This really isn't a Wag issue. The problem lies with HMRC and the British government taking jobs from small towns and placing them in a few big cities.

Are you saying that WAG would have no influence on where the centralization would take place? it seems odd that again we have two 'centralized' establishments within 20 miles of each other.
A new prison needs to be built in South Wales and WAG offered up about 13 sites in Wales (possibly more I cant recall the exact figure).
it seems they are more than happy to explore moving the less attractive Public Sector jobs around Wales but far more keen on Cardiff when it comes to the better paid ones.
i have said this many times but no way on earth would Swansea have had the DVLA had WAG been in existence at the time.
John Langy's assessment is depressing but spot on. It is all part of the Master Plan for the Cardiff City State.
At least people will not die as a result of this decision.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 18:03]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 18:02 - Mar 28 with 3801 viewsjohnlangy

Thank you PP.

exhmrc1 - PP's point is perfectly valid. It would be silly to think that the WAG had no input into the decision. It's verging on the criminal to take all those well paid jobs away from areas already struggling and put them yet again in the most prosperous part of Wales. And it's bad enough Swansea losing 350 jobs but what about Wrexham also losing 350. For a place of it's size that's devastating.

And there's another point. Even after the decision had been made they then compound that disgraceful decision by moving all those jobs to the most expensive place in Wales for office rental. If it's got to be there what's wrong with the current site in Llanishen ? Isn't there any space ? If there's not surely there's space elsewhere.

But no. They decide on Cardiff Central because they know that a developer will be more than willing to invest £100 million or whatever in their beloved Cardiff because they know it'll be a cash cow for decades.

And who'll be paying the Kings ransom to that developer ? Us muggins tax payers.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 18:42 - Mar 28 with 3754 viewsWingstandwood

My heart absolutely sinks when I see (despite myself never belonging to the civil service) public sector jobs like that being lost forever. So many areas mentioned there!

The modern Welsh economy has become a disgraceful 'gig' economy i.e. minimum wage, zero-pension, zero-hour contract, zero-working-rights.....Welcome to SW Wales i.e. the ultimate employment agency breeding ground/abyss.

An appalling regional decline has and is currently taking place and it is just so, so profound because it has left many of our young-un's without any real long term future/prospects. I dread to think what state Swansea/surrounding area economy would be in If it wasn't for more secure public sector jobs like DVLA and (overstretched) NHS etc. IMO that lot in Westminster/Cardiff (if they knew could get away with it!) are more than capable of either privatising, shutting or Cardiff relocating a place like the DVLA and would do so without a single shred of conscience.

Argus!

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 18:53 - Mar 28 with 3741 viewsexhmrc1

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 17:33 - Mar 28 by Private_Partz

Are you saying that WAG would have no influence on where the centralization would take place? it seems odd that again we have two 'centralized' establishments within 20 miles of each other.
A new prison needs to be built in South Wales and WAG offered up about 13 sites in Wales (possibly more I cant recall the exact figure).
it seems they are more than happy to explore moving the less attractive Public Sector jobs around Wales but far more keen on Cardiff when it comes to the better paid ones.
i have said this many times but no way on earth would Swansea have had the DVLA had WAG been in existence at the time.
John Langy's assessment is depressing but spot on. It is all part of the Master Plan for the Cardiff City State.
At least people will not die as a result of this decision.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 18:03]

this is purely HMRC not WAG. Take the West Country ideally here would have been an office somewhere further west say Exeter or Plymouth but they have used Bristol partly because of size of city but also due to a large of amount of employees there. Similarly Cardiff has approx 2000 in Llanishen now bigger city with more employees. 2 offices in Scotland Glasgow and Edinburgh. Why not Aberdeen. It is easy to blame WAG but HMRC are at fault. Why did they need to close 400+ offices. Surely any government office should be local so people can call there. It isn't just in South Wales people from Wrexham are having their jobs go to Liverpool. Blame the WAG for things that they are at fault for but this is not of their doing.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 19:04 - Mar 28 with 3728 viewsAguycalledJack

No but they will be happy that’s it’s happening. More jobs for east wales.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 21:12 - Mar 28 with 3671 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 19:04 - Mar 28 by AguycalledJack

No but they will be happy that’s it’s happening. More jobs for east wales.

Which is the point I am making. WAG have hardly been kicking and screaming against this.
Firstly they should have campaigned far more vigorously against centralisation. If not they should have tried to move the centralised body to another part of Wales thereby distributing wealth. Cardiff lose jobs. So what? Look at the bigger picture.
The same applies with Private Sector and Third Sector jobs.
WAG create the environment and the rest follows.
Ironically we will probably have another centralisation and the whole shooting match will move to Bristol along with the MTC services.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 08:35 - Mar 29 with 3565 viewsowainglyndwr

Here we go again today.
Health board dission.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 09:10 - Mar 29 with 3535 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 08:35 - Mar 29 by owainglyndwr

Here we go again today.
Health board dission.

Ah the anonymous "NHS bosses' as BBC Cardiff call them. I hope we find out who this lot are and how they voted. I doubt we will get much from our political representstives who have run for the hills as usual
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 16:48]

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 16:10 - Mar 29 with 3464 viewsAguycalledJack

In the long run the Cardiff area and its infrastructure will not be able to support the over development that is going on.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 16:54 - Mar 29 with 3438 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 16:10 - Mar 29 by AguycalledJack

In the long run the Cardiff area and its infrastructure will not be able to support the over development that is going on.

Hence they want to invest in yet more infastructure there. Roads around The Heath ('the biggest hospital in Wales" as BBC Cardiff like to remind us) cannot cope with the traffic at present. The siting of the MTC will increase the urgency for traffic improvemens.

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 17:53 - Mar 29 with 3392 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 16:10 - Mar 29 by AguycalledJack

That's not a problem. They'll have a perfect argument, in their eyes, to invest in even more infrastructure improvements.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 19:07 - Mar 29 with 3357 viewsPozuelosSideys

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 21:12 - Mar 28 by Private_Partz

Which is the point I am making. WAG have hardly been kicking and screaming against this.
Firstly they should have campaigned far more vigorously against centralisation. If not they should have tried to move the centralised body to another part of Wales thereby distributing wealth. Cardiff lose jobs. So what? Look at the bigger picture.
The same applies with Private Sector and Third Sector jobs.
WAG create the environment and the rest follows.
Ironically we will probably have another centralisation and the whole shooting match will move to Bristol along with the MTC services.

Me and you dont agree on very much, but Centralisation is a massive scurge and will have untold impacts on nations as a whole, let alone smaller regions such as Wales. 100% agree on your views on this item.

On a micro level, look at villages. No bank, no post office, closing of pubs, shops etc, all to save money and moved to the nearest big town.

The same will happen to the towns towards the cities. And youll be left with metropolitan hubs ike the Cardiff/Newport/Bristol. London, Brum, Manchester having everything and in between having nothing.

On a bigger scale, the EU will do exactly the same with Europe. The centres take everything, the rest can be left to rot and die.Its why im against it.

Its all about $$$ and cost. Centralisation needs to be stopped at local levels.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 01:19 - Mar 30 with 3266 viewsclloy2

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 19:07 - Mar 29 by PozuelosSideys

Me and you dont agree on very much, but Centralisation is a massive scurge and will have untold impacts on nations as a whole, let alone smaller regions such as Wales. 100% agree on your views on this item.

On a micro level, look at villages. No bank, no post office, closing of pubs, shops etc, all to save money and moved to the nearest big town.

The same will happen to the towns towards the cities. And youll be left with metropolitan hubs ike the Cardiff/Newport/Bristol. London, Brum, Manchester having everything and in between having nothing.

On a bigger scale, the EU will do exactly the same with Europe. The centres take everything, the rest can be left to rot and die.Its why im against it.

Its all about $$$ and cost. Centralisation needs to be stopped at local levels.

I yearn for the day when a political party will stand up for Swansea and SW Wales, unfortunately for now, the vast majority of the population vote for Labour who bow down to the Welsh establishment in ensuring Cardiff thrives at the expense of the rest of Wales, and we will continue to decline and lose good jobs etc, etc. I really fear for the kids in this area in the next 10- 20 years. I don't see any real light at the end of the tunnel.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 07:44 - Mar 30 with 3228 viewsowainglyndwr

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 01:19 - Mar 30 by clloy2

I yearn for the day when a political party will stand up for Swansea and SW Wales, unfortunately for now, the vast majority of the population vote for Labour who bow down to the Welsh establishment in ensuring Cardiff thrives at the expense of the rest of Wales, and we will continue to decline and lose good jobs etc, etc. I really fear for the kids in this area in the next 10- 20 years. I don't see any real light at the end of the tunnel.

Totally agree, except I could never bring myself to vote conservative.
Unless we have a campaign or some kind of vote to dissolve the assembly they will now run us dry.
It will carry on unless we stand up for ourselves but it would have to be in the thounds
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 08:48 - Mar 30 with 3193 viewsPrivate_Partz

Absolutely spot on and I share your fears. Not just for Swansea but then whole of Wales outside of the SE.
Welsh Labour is a well oiled machine in pursuit of the Cardiff City State. They are able to put pressure on other Public Bodies and have the full support of the Cardiff based and biased media. It ties up all the big Public Sector jobs.
The Third Sector is riddled with Welsh Labourites so that ensureses jobs foro the boys and a massive waste of Public money.
That leaves them to build to and encourage Private Sector jobs by encouraging and creating brown field sites in Cardiff to enable this to develope.
The Westminster Govt don't give a toss which leaves us and the the rest of Wales completely effed.
Cairns and the rest of the non SE AM's, with the exception of the likes of Dai Lloyd, should hang their heads in shame. Even the lives of the population don't count on the pursuit of Carwyn's goal.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 9:15]

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 09:00 - Mar 30 with 3180 viewsbyron

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 08:48 - Mar 30 by Private_Partz

Absolutely spot on and I share your fears. Not just for Swansea but then whole of Wales outside of the SE.
Welsh Labour is a well oiled machine in pursuit of the Cardiff City State. They are able to put pressure on other Public Bodies and have the full support of the Cardiff based and biased media. It ties up all the big Public Sector jobs.
The Third Sector is riddled with Welsh Labourites so that ensureses jobs foro the boys and a massive waste of Public money.
That leaves them to build to and encourage Private Sector jobs by encouraging and creating brown field sites in Cardiff to enable this to develope.
The Westminster Govt don't give a toss which leaves us and the the rest of Wales completely effed.
Cairns and the rest of the non SE AM's, with the exception of the likes of Dai Lloyd, should hang their heads in shame. Even the lives of the population don't count on the pursuit of Carwyn's goal.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 9:15]

The political system is broken, we need a new one. New parties, new voices, certain policy set in stone whoever is in charge as voted for by the public not the politicians. 2 party state and they are both shocking.

Benny

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 09:09 - Mar 30 with 3171 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 09:00 - Mar 30 by byron

The political system is broken, we need a new one. New parties, new voices, certain policy set in stone whoever is in charge as voted for by the public not the politicians. 2 party state and they are both shocking.

Yep and thanks for raising that.
I really don't blame those in the SE for their sense of entitlement as they see the evidence all over Cardiff and have the full backing for it every time they turn the telly on.
There are more like you in the SE that are coming to the same conclusion however. Not helped by the fact they are stuck in local traffic as they try to get to more theatres and multiplex cinema seats per capita than any other city in the Western World.
Perhaps they have had too much greatness thrust upon them.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 9:16]

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 10:19 - Mar 30 with 3127 viewsjohnlangy

There will soon be a new political party whose sole aim will be the betterment of the whole of Wales as compared with the current incredible South East bias. It won't stand up for Swansea and SW Wales, it'll stand up for ALL of Wales.

Getting people to change their mindset and vote for that party will be the difficulty. Everyone talks a good talk but when it comes to voting differently they go back to what's comfortable.

I just hope that there are enough people out there who are genuinely so cheesed off with the current situation that they'll bin the current lot of charlatans and vote for REAL change.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 10:46 - Mar 30 with 3112 viewsLoyal

Then the WAG should have centfalised in Swansea if that's the case.
As it hasnt then the conclusions remain the same regardless of what went before.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 11:22 - Mar 30 with 3096 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 10:19 - Mar 30 by johnlangy

There will soon be a new political party whose sole aim will be the betterment of the whole of Wales as compared with the current incredible South East bias. It won't stand up for Swansea and SW Wales, it'll stand up for ALL of Wales.

Getting people to change their mindset and vote for that party will be the difficulty. Everyone talks a good talk but when it comes to voting differently they go back to what's comfortable.

I just hope that there are enough people out there who are genuinely so cheesed off with the current situation that they'll bin the current lot of charlatans and vote for REAL change.

Their already is a political party that want s to spread investment throughout wales and decentralize public spending in repulica cardiff, only problem is the message is not getting through to the voters.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 12:47 - Mar 30 with 3055 viewsjohnlangy

Look at this Ladies and Gents.

'Cardiff is Wales's best economic asset and the sooner people realise that the better, says council leader'. A quote from the CC leader in today's Walesonline. He also wants the City regions to be in charge of the regional funds which Westminster say they'll provide to replace EU funds when we leave. In other words, he'll spend it in Cardiff (with some even coming to Swansea - possibly ?).

Here's another peach.

“We can now say that Cardiff is now truly the economic, cultural and political capital of Wales. And if Wales is to weather the storm of Brexit, then make no mistake, we need to recognise that Cardiff is Wales’s strongest economic asset and is its brightest hope to achieve economic success.

“And the sooner some of the commentariat in the west and the north of the country can appreciate that, then the better as far as I am concerned."

Well thank you very much Huw for enlightening us.
Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 12:55 - Mar 30 with 3052 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff and the Assembly taking the Mick again on 11:22 - Mar 30 by blaenaugwentjack

Their already is a political party that want s to spread investment throughout wales and decentralize public spending in repulica cardiff, only problem is the message is not getting through to the voters.

Agreed.

Maybe they'll be replaced.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024