Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Van der Hoorn 23:37 - Mar 29 with 3462 viewslonglostjack

I wish he would just continue to do his talking on the pitch.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/29/rm-dutch-mike-van-der-hoorn-claims-he-can-p
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 23:37]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Van der Hoorn on 00:17 - Mar 30 with 3391 viewsJack123

I see nothing wrong with what he says? Just the way the fukwit journos headline it!

libera nos a malo

Van der Hoorn on 00:44 - Mar 30 with 3359 viewsCaptain_Sham

Where did he say he could play at a higher level than we can offer? No-where.
International Football could be considered a higher level. Clickbait title .
Someone should tweet that tvvat.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 0:49]

Its just a ride.

Van der Hoorn on 01:30 - Mar 30 with 3321 viewsTheResurrection

Van der Hoorn on 00:44 - Mar 30 by Captain_Sham

Correct.

He purely meant he, himself can play at a higher level, as in make his own game a higher level.

The rest of his quote isn't lost in translation like the above and is very humble and modest, saying he needs to prove his worth to Swansea and win a new contract.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Van der Hoorn on 02:03 - Mar 30 with 3309 viewsdameedna

Mike has always struck me as a solid unit composed well aware of his weaknesses and ready to lend a hand at right back when needed. Just goes to show how many awful writers there are though it could just as well be editor or the owner looking for traffic and popularity.

Mike rarely gets flustered and has worked hard and is benefitting from his chance. His initial games where he popped up the ball towards the striker have been improved upon with an extra bit of time taken to ask the question before releasing a shorter better ball. Ajax is hardly a step down so I can only imagine his confidence has grown.

He can get caught on the turn like most centre halves but he is certainly doing a good job and cluld make the Dutch squad which is the next step for him as he looks to have earned a contract. Well done. If he makes it he then has to perform again on the international stage. All players would enjoy turning out for Holland in front of their supporters. A big success story in a turbulent season.
Van der Hoorn on 08:40 - Mar 30 with 3113 viewsmonmouth

If he could stop giving away dull penalties now and again, that’d make him a better player overnight. He’s been a cracking player this year. One of the first names in the team for me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Van der Hoorn on 09:43 - Mar 30 with 3017 viewsjacktar

Journo also said "However, with aspirations to play for the Netherlands, given the fact he faces stiff competition in the likes of Virgin van Dijk.
"VIRGIN van Dyke"

Made me laugh anyway.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Van der Hoorn on 09:57 - Mar 30 with 2971 viewsSTID2017

Indeed.
He mentions that he wants to win a new contract (with us) and play at International Level
Poor reporting

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Van der Hoorn on 10:34 - Mar 30 with 2913 viewsmagicdaps10

Most improved player and has proven me wrong this season.

Has a few things to learn but can certainly go on and do better things. One on one he is superb, shows the outside and his timing of tackle is normally spot on. Still young and only human, will make mistakes but the improvement possibly down to confidence has been huge.

Keep going Mike.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Van der Hoorn on 11:31 - Mar 30 with 2841 viewsBarrySwan

Limited squad player at best.

Unlikely to ever feature in a decent premier league squad.
Van der Hoorn on 11:36 - Mar 30 with 2825 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Van der Hoorn on 11:31 - Mar 30 by BarrySwan

Limited squad player at best.

Unlikely to ever feature in a decent premier league squad.

Oh look a football ex spurt.
Van der Hoorn on 11:44 - Mar 30 with 2809 viewsBarrySwan

Van der Hoorn on 11:36 - Mar 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Oh look a football ex spurt.

All about opinions.

I've had 55 years of casting my eye over a large number of hopeless, a number of very good and some very average players representing Swansea Town and City.

And in my opinion up until now Van der Hoorn is at best an extremely average player earning above average player wages in the Premier league. None of that is his fault.

Your opinion may differ.

I'm sure that we both hope that he improves hs game from run of the mill makeweight to decent Premier League standard whilst in Swansea City's employment.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 11:46]
Van der Hoorn on 12:46 - Mar 30 with 2717 viewsjack247

He would be off if a Liverpool or a Tottenham came in for him, so would any of our current squad. Same as Joe and Ben. Nothing wrong with that at all.

The article doesn’t really imply that though and I certainly didn’t read it as a come and get me type quote. Just seemed like he was being humble and ambitious at the same time. Challenging himself to be the best player he can be.
Van der Hoorn on 14:33 - Mar 30 with 2610 viewskarnataka

Van der Hoorn on 12:46 - Mar 30 by jack247

He would be off if a Liverpool or a Tottenham came in for him, so would any of our current squad. Same as Joe and Ben. Nothing wrong with that at all.

The article doesn’t really imply that though and I certainly didn’t read it as a come and get me type quote. Just seemed like he was being humble and ambitious at the same time. Challenging himself to be the best player he can be.

Agreed, what Mike actually said was fine, what the journo misread into it, made up and then added to the article, was bollox, and if I was Mike, I wouldn't be too happy with that tbh.
Van der Hoorn on 14:55 - Mar 30 with 2574 viewsWATP

He’s turning into a very good player. A very good signing, well done Huw Jenkins.
Van der Hoorn on 15:13 - Mar 30 with 2543 viewsAmbergambler

"as reported by the Sun" - no need to read any further
Van der Hoorn on 15:41 - Mar 30 with 2505 viewsAmbergambler

Van der Hoorn on 09:43 - Mar 30 by jacktar

Journo also said "However, with aspirations to play for the Netherlands, given the fact he faces stiff competition in the likes of Virgin van Dijk.
"VIRGIN van Dyke"

Made me laugh anyway.

He plays for Ajax Juniors
Van der Hoorn on 16:00 - Mar 30 with 2473 viewsandrew

Van der Hoorn on 11:44 - Mar 30 by BarrySwan

All about opinions.

I've had 55 years of casting my eye over a large number of hopeless, a number of very good and some very average players representing Swansea Town and City.

And in my opinion up until now Van der Hoorn is at best an extremely average player earning above average player wages in the Premier league. None of that is his fault.

Your opinion may differ.

I'm sure that we both hope that he improves hs game from run of the mill makeweight to decent Premier League standard whilst in Swansea City's employment.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 11:46]

Oh my god what have you been taking?

After Fab and JA he’s the next first name on my team sheet.

If you think he’s earning above average wages it shows you know absolutely nothing.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Van der Hoorn on 18:07 - Mar 30 with 2381 viewsBarrySwan

Van der Hoorn on 16:00 - Mar 30 by andrew

Oh my god what have you been taking?

After Fab and JA he’s the next first name on my team sheet.

If you think he’s earning above average wages it shows you know absolutely nothing.

I mean above average wages in context to other professional players throughout the 4 divisions and other workers in general.

Not that he earns more than more better or other players in the Premier.

You're also entitled to your opinion in regards to his ability as of course am I.

i can only conclude that your expectations and standards of player evaluation have been severly affected by the amount of dross that we've all been forced to watch over the last couple of seasons.
Van der Hoorn on 21:02 - Mar 30 with 2229 viewsdameedna

Mike was one of the surprise signings and good to see him come good. Playing with Alf and Fred Martin and Kyke helps. It would be a lot to ask to play at the back on his own.
Van der Hoorn on 21:17 - Mar 30 with 2210 viewsDr_Winston

Van der Hoorn on 18:07 - Mar 30 by BarrySwan

I mean above average wages in context to other professional players throughout the 4 divisions and other workers in general.

Not that he earns more than more better or other players in the Premier.

You're also entitled to your opinion in regards to his ability as of course am I.

i can only conclude that your expectations and standards of player evaluation have been severly affected by the amount of dross that we've all been forced to watch over the last couple of seasons.

I suspect you're being purposely controversial here Kev.

VdH is no worse than most of the central defenders we've had in our time in the Prem. He's no Vincent Kompany, but then again none of them have been.

For £2m he's a bit of a bargain and watching him ram some of the particularlu idiotic doubters words down their throats has been one of this season's few pleasures.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Van der Hoorn on 22:13 - Mar 30 with 2152 viewsBarrySwan

Van der Hoorn on 21:17 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

I suspect you're being purposely controversial here Kev.

VdH is no worse than most of the central defenders we've had in our time in the Prem. He's no Vincent Kompany, but then again none of them have been.

For £2m he's a bit of a bargain and watching him ram some of the particularlu idiotic doubters words down their throats has been one of this season's few pleasures.

Not really Jamey.

He's not the worst defender we've had of late but I don't rate him as anything special but then again who is in the team in general? JA has done OK and Fabianski has been a more than decent buy.

Everyone has a decent game now and again but the problem is that if you have a load of fairly average players who are only outstanding now and again but whose dependability and competence go awol on a fairly regular basis then you find yourself in the relegation zone season after season until the trapdoor finally opens.

Even Fernandez has the occasional decent game but that doesn't make up for the dross, needless fouls and appalling man marking that he delivers the rest of the time.

Is Van der Horn the worst player I've seen in the Swans colours of late?..... No..... Does he fill me with confidence that he's a rock in defence?...... Nope as well
Van der Hoorn on 22:18 - Mar 30 with 2145 viewsDr_Winston

Van der Hoorn on 22:13 - Mar 30 by BarrySwan

Not really Jamey.

He's not the worst defender we've had of late but I don't rate him as anything special but then again who is in the team in general? JA has done OK and Fabianski has been a more than decent buy.

Everyone has a decent game now and again but the problem is that if you have a load of fairly average players who are only outstanding now and again but whose dependability and competence go awol on a fairly regular basis then you find yourself in the relegation zone season after season until the trapdoor finally opens.

Even Fernandez has the occasional decent game but that doesn't make up for the dross, needless fouls and appalling man marking that he delivers the rest of the time.

Is Van der Horn the worst player I've seen in the Swans colours of late?..... No..... Does he fill me with confidence that he's a rock in defence?...... Nope as well

How many "special" players are we likely to have?

At best we might have one or two sprinkled in with a team of journeymen who can do a job for the most part. That's basically what we've had since we got to the Prem and basically all we're likely to have too.

VdH is a journeyman who can do a job in most of the games he plays. That'll do me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024